New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (Baptist/Venge/Backlash/Shutter)

Backlash

"Baptist, I'd say its a pleasure but we are still alive and stuck in the ****." He shakes his head as Baptist asks about Kane, "Sorry man. No one sent us for you and I have no idea who Kane is, we are a part of Galadriel's crew. As for where you are, St. Paul's Hospital. We are just here following up on a lead." He takes another glance around the floor, Where the **** is everyone...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"this place has been very quiet since I woke up. Are you guys tracking something here?"

I look around cautiously.

OOC Would my nightstick still have been with my clothes?

3. - Top - End - #123

Backlash

"Nah, I don't think there will be anything here. We are just tracking down a lead on a couple of possible witnesses. How did you wind up here?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Venge

"This place is quiet. Too quiet." Venge laughed. "I always wanted to say that." He said smiling.
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Lets just say my crew and I were tracking a particularly nasty piece of work with an appetite for teeth. I cant recall exactly what happened but bearing in mind none of the others are around it may not be a good sign!"

6. - Top - End - #126

PirateCaptain

Venge

"There's never a good ******* sign in this business." Said Venge. "I am truely sorry you lost your friends. In the meantime you could hitch a ride with us. At least until we're out of the hospital, I expect you have your own demon to find. I wonder if your mentor even knows what's happened to your friends."
    I drew this line myself

7. - Top - End - #127

Backlash

Grunts in agreement with Venge, "If our mentor is any measure, we all know how hands on they like to be. As for more immediate manners I agree with Venge, you should roll with us Baptist. At least until we et back to the **** cave that we call home. There you can try to reconnect with your boys or Mentor, in the meantime we see what kind of beehive we can kick over, sound fun?"
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-10-24 at 12:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

There are a couple more rooms up the hall, each with multiple patients in them. Judging from what the receptionist told you, the two maintenance crew should be in the second door on the left.

OOC: It's not with you, but the hospital may have taken it. You can ask the front desk for your possessions back...but then again, you aren't supposed to be let out of the hospital yet, so that may not be an option if you have to sneak out.

9. - Top - End - #129

Backlash

"All right Gents, we have a job to do. Lets get to it."

With that he starts to head down the hall to the room where the survivors should be, second on the left. As he walks he lets his mind slip back into a state of focus, Never hurts to be ready, just in case. A small smirk plays across his face as they near the room, Hope this place has insurance...

10. - Top - End - #130

There are two men lying on separate beds, garbed in the white patient gown and covered with blue linen sheets. They are both hooked up to a heartbeat monitor and some kind of drip machine, feeding something into their body. Their heartbeats are almost unanimous - slow and steady. They are most definitely in a coma.

This will be difficult.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

With a mixture of relief and concern I see that the bodies on the table are not any of my fallen comrades.

"No one I know, So what is this all about guys?"

12. - Top - End - #132

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge sighed. Normally when such a good amount of time was wasted he'd punch a wall, but considering he might accidently kill someone he settled for clenching his fists. "Great. ******* waste of time. You can try sorcery, but if they're in a coma I doubt that'll do much ******* good." After a few seconds, Venge regained his composure. "Damn, I forgot to sign the ******* 'get well soon' card." Venge smiled and turned to Baptist. "It's about a lost puppy. We didn't get assigned to a demon lurking in the sewers who attacked these two men and is still on the loose. No, we got assigned to find a puppy that got lost." Said Venge sarcastically.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-24 at 08:16 PM.
    I drew this line myself

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Hey man if you don't wanna tell me what you are looking for that is fine by me. I will be down by the desk discharging myself and getting much stuff back"

I look at the men laying down still as death and then turn on my heel and head for the door.

A lost puppy, FK Me what a load of old pony

14. - Top - End - #134

PirateCaptain

Venge

"We were going to try and talk to these guys about what they saw. That's gone to ****, obviously. Unless you guys have any sorcery or medical skills that'll help our little investigation, we should get moving. I got a bad feeling about this." Venge said to Shutter and Backlash.
    I drew this line myself

15. - Top - End - #135

Shutter

"Hey, I got us inside, don't look at me"he said easily. He didn't trust Baptist, not totally, but Venge said he checked out, so at least he didn't have horns hiding in his hair.

He took up a spot leaning against the doorway, glancing in at the two vegetables sitting in the beds.

**** He thought angrily.

"We're in the right ****ing room right?"He glanced up and down the hallway again, shifting from foot to foot. No way this was going so ****ing wonderfully. In his own experience, **** hit the fan as soon as they got a job.

"We got anything else to do hear, otherwise I suggest we find a side exit, slip our new friend here out to the Warlock, and leave. I hate hospitals. Give me the ****ing creeps."
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

16. - Top - End - #136

OOC: There is a possible way to communicate with the witnesses. Two possible ways, actually. You can think about it hard, or click the spoiler below for a hint.

Spoiler
    Show
    They require unconventional uses of sorcery.

17. - Top - End - #137

PirateCaptain

OOC: I believe I already suggested that, although Venge has no possible way to help the men, he could heal them, but they're in a coma, so that wouldn't actually do much, I'm also not going to waste one of my two spell allowances on them
    I drew this line myself

18. - Top - End - #138

OOC: Alright, well, I want to hear from Backlash before I continue the scene. If he doesn't respond by tomorrow I'll have you guys leave with Baptist.

19. - Top - End - #139

Backlash

Trying to stay focused on the task at hand, he tuned out the background chatter. His mind still running through the varied mental exercises needed to prepare his mind for the twisting of reality.

"I don't think this is a lost cause at all Gents. Just give me a moment to mull over my spells and see how I can twist them. I guess you guys weren't paying much attention in Galadriel's classes huh? We just need to get a little creative. Shutter, what spells, aside from those to hurt things, do you know? Also, Baptist. I never asked what your discipline was, but I can tell you have been trained. What do you know?

I am certain we can squeeze a little blood from this stone.
    "

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about the delay, I guess I am just bad with weekends.

20. - Top - End - #140

OOC: I'm enforcing a new rule just to try to get the game moving a little faster. The posting rate's been alright, but there's been a couple stalls that have held back the more active players. From now on, if 24 hours have passed and you have not posted, I will retain the right to move your character or have him/her act appropriately. I'll try to keep this down, but unfortunately I think this rule is needed.

21. - Top - End - #141

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Just hurry up, we're wasting time."
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Me? I am more in the busting heads line of things. I reserve my abilities for the less subtle aspects of the conflict"

I listen carefully to the surrounding ambient noise to see if anyone is coming near to us. I effortlessly move across the room feeling more and more lucid as time moves on, I stand by the door keeping a close eye on the corridor.

23. - Top - End - #143

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Likewise." Replied Venge, getting so bored as to begin sharpening his ritual knives again, unholy steel scraping off each other.
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #144

Backlash

His brow furrows in concentration as he applies his will to a small series of spells. Sweat beading on his forehead as he grabs the world by the tail and gives it a nice solid yank.

"While I work my will can you two search the room, see if you can find their personal effects? Grab any writing impliments you find, or anything that jumps out at you like a clue."

Focusing first on one coma ridden man, and then the other, he hopes he can glean at least a small amount of information from the still forms.

((Spellcasting in Spolier))
    Spoiler
    Show

Discern Guy #1
    (6d12)[5][7][4][4][12][9](41) = 12

Bette Noir Guy #1
    (6d12)[3][3][2][5][7][4](24) = 7

Discern Guy #2
    (6d12)[8][5][11][8][5][4](41) = 11

Bette Noir Guy #2
    (6d12)[4][6][3][9][6][10](38) = 10

"Okay, thats that. Lets get out of here, I'll have my nurse friend keep an eye on these two and make sure she calls me if anything changes with them."

Without any more delay he heads out of the room, making his way back to the elevators. Stabbing the down button, he mulls over any information gained from his magic.
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-10-28 at 12:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

PirateCaptain

Venge

"About ******* time!" Said Venge, holstering his Ritual Knives inside his trenchcoat. He followed Backlash out of the room and up to the elevator.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can assume we search the room
    I drew this line myself

26. - Top - End - #146

Shutter

"Finally. Let's get out of here. I haven't seen a soul, not one. ****ing creepy"He said with a grumble, letting Venge take point, and shifting his revolver from an inner pocket to the outer, jamming both hands down to hide its outline.

He'd be second to last into the elevator, glancing over his shoulder. He'd never done well with hospitals as a child, it was the sharp, acrid smell of disinfectant he supposed.

Good thing they'd be out of there soon.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

I follow the others to the lift. It seems like forever but the lift arrives.

Where are the others, did anyone survive?

My heart feels a little empty at the thought that my former comrades, maybe even friends were lost.

They will be avenged but not yet

28. - Top - End - #148

Discern has no effect on them...these men are ordinary people. Bete Noir, on the other hand, is a bit more successful. The air above both men begins to shimmer, and you detect the last moments of their consciousness.

They are in the sewers, these two men with someone else, all in neon orange bodysuits, soaked in filth and grime. It is silent, the only noise being the dripping of water and the sound of their boots wading through the ankle-deep sewage. Suddenly...

"What the hell is that?"

"Holy **** man, that thing's slimy as ****..."

"Hey, it's moving!"

There is a sudden lapse in memory as things turn hazy and hard to seen. You can tell that there is a slimy mass on the ceiling of the sewage pipe. Something bursts out of it, roughly the size of a large dog. It takes down one man.

"****! It got Ted man!"

"Holy ****, we gotta help him!"

It was too late. The man of the left had already sprinted off, abandoning his friends to save his own hide. That was his secret.

There's no further evidence in the room, and the four of you make your way out to the parking lot and back to the Warlock.

29. - Top - End - #149

PirateCaptain

Venge

"You should call the sewer patrol, let them know what little we've found." Said Venge, sighing as they stepped once more into the rain. He hopped up onto the back of the Warlork, making sure his metal container was still secure.
    I drew this line myself

30. - Top - End - #150

OOC: Venge has a cell phone, Blockhead. Just write what you'd say calling them, and I'll pass along the message. Haze has a cell phone.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-10-29 at 01:23 AM.