New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE RESEARCH)

Venge

"Whatever. As long as I get to hit something." Said Venge, coughing up a small amount of blood. This was the part of the job Venge hated, he was never that smart in school and he damn wasn't smart enough to figure out what the hell needed to be done about which demon. The only thing he was sure of was it was allergic to knives, grenades and his fists.
    I drew this line myself

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: I'm not sure what other skill I'd use to do this, so I'm gonna roll sense to see if I know where a meth lab is.

(1d12)[8],(1d12)[2],(1d12)[3],(1d12)[8],(1d12)[9],
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

3. - Top - End - #183

You can't recall any specific locations...not only are you not into the Vancouver methamphetamine scene, but meth labs change frequently and are often short-lived, nasty and fatal businesses. You are sure you could find some in the downtown east side though, where the Safe Injection Site was. Perhaps an interrogation is in order...

4. - Top - End - #184

Haze

"Alright. Looks like we're headed back to the Safe Injection Site. There's a bunch of junkies and bums there that the spider's got his hooks into. We are not looking to declare war on them, just to grab one and get some information out of him.

Our other objective while we're there is to find a meth lab, bust in, and steal a canister of sodium hydroxide.

Lock and load."

Haze walks out the front door towards his bike, pausing in the threshold. "Brandon, do you wanna stay with Baptist? Hold the fort? It'd give you both a chance to recover, get Baptist situated, maybe find him a weapon or two?"

5. - Top - End - #185

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Don't think you're leaving without me **** nuts!" Said Venge as he scrambled for the door. "Anybody else?"
    I drew this line myself

6. - Top - End - #186
    Halfling in the Playground

Backlash

He was stunned with what he had heard and what just went down. "Three. Three ******* demons."

Looking between the other disciples, "I don't have much juice left, but I could still get one spell off and use a gun. Should be good enough for knocking over a Meth lab."

After a few moments of consideration, he checks his weapon and spare clips, heading back out into the rain. Turning to Haze as he walks past, tossing him the keys to Warlock, "Lets go sweetheart, there are demons out there waiting to dance with us."

Looking up in to the clouds as he once again hops in to the passenger's seat of the old black pickup, Rain, rain go away...

7. - Top - End - #187

PirateCaptain

Venge

"The more the merrier!" Said Venge, once again hopping onto the back of the Warlock.
    I drew this line myself

8. - Top - End - #188

RogueGuy

Brandon

ooc - is anyone staying to keep researching? If some are staying behind I will stay back to guard/rest
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Wait, you ain't going no where without me"

I breath hard and deep, my head clears a little, a faint scream is in the back of my mind

"A bit of adrenaline is all I need to clear my head and you could use an extra pair of hands, anything you can lend me from your armoury?"

A wicked smile crosses his face Game on!

10. - Top - End - #190

Haze

Haze jogs through the rain to his bike, grabs his shotgun, and hurries back inside the mansion. He passes it by the stock to Baptist.

"If there's another beastie out there that's gunning for ya, you'll get more use out of this than I will. 'sides, I can't fire a shotgun worth ****.

Only thing I ask in return is that you watch my back. Should be an easy job. I'm not planning on jumping down any demons' throats."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"Thanks man, consider your back covered. "

I stride off out into the rain towards the bike, checking the shotgun as I go. The rain soaks down on my face and I draw in the cool air. Right you F***ers, lets dance!

12. - Top - End - #192

OOC: Right, I'm just going to wait to hear from...

BORED_TEEN
    ICARUS SMITH
    VARGEN

...before I continue. If they don't post by tomorrow I'll continue regardless, and perhaps take control of Ox, seeing as Vargen rarely if ever posts.

P.S. - Does anyone have interest in having a second character, and seizing control of Ox?
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-04 at 12:30 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193

PirateCaptain

(OOC: No thanks, but ask vargen first, if she simply doesn't have the time to play, find a sticky situation and kill her character off, assuming we don't want it)
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-04 at 10:50 AM.
    I drew this line myself

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC I would rather not either as I want to focus just on developing and playing mine. Agree with Blockhead on this one.

15. - Top - End - #195

OOC: I agree as well. I'd rather focus on just one.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC: If you cannot contact them by mail then they could befall some accident in combat and be in a coma or something in case they return.

17. - Top - End - #197

Backlash

Once again slumped in the in the Warlock's cab, he lets his mind wander. Listening to the rain still falling from the sky, watching the other run through the rain making their last minute preparations. Christ. Ask me when I was younger where I saw myself in five years and hunting demons would not even have been an option. You try so hard to get the job done and not let it get to you and what happens? What do we become? Dead to those we knew, living with strangers that the only thing we have in common is that we really do all want to die and take as many demons as we can with us. He rubs his temple as his thoughts continue to wander, Demons. **** them all. At the same point **** God too. We are dead men doing a ****y job, for no thanks and worse pay. All we have left to look forward to is a spiral down to madnes or death.

At least it is a fun ride.

18. - Top - End - #198

"This is some ****ed up ****. Hey, we got time to swing past somewhere to eat?I could go for a burger. "Shutter complained as he followed the others back out to the Warlock.He had been rather silent since the Hospital, and with the situation going FUBAR so quickly he didn't really want to add anything either.

"Well ain't this a ****ing Snafu, right newguy?" He said to Baptist with a friendly smile.

"We got to get a top for this ****y piece of scrap metal we call a ride"He said, kicking one of the Warlock's tires with a grunt. He glanced back at the other sidelong.

"Oh don't give me that ****ing look, you know I love the old piece of ****"He patted the metal siding of the Warlock, tracing the badly-painted over scratch a Demon had caused a few months back. Too bad Venge couldn't paint worth a ****.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

19. - Top - End - #199

Backlash

Smirks as Shutter chats to Baptist, cracking open the window to add his two cents, "You know, that is a great idea. I could go for a cheeseburger myself, and its not like we have to worry about eating healthy. Maybe we can steal a bed cover from somewhere, might have to jury rig it a little to fit the old beast, but it should do."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

God I feel like ****, I need some food, when was the last time I ate???

"Count me in for a burger, pizza or both, my stomach thinks my throats been cut I am so hungry"

I think back hard trying to piece together my last memories before waking in the hospital. We tracked the Vouzire to the old orphanage, even though it is a tough Demon to takedown we had it nailed. What went wrong

21. - Top - End - #201

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Any place with good food and a beer gets my vote." Announced Venge over the patter of the rain. "Jesus Baptist, you look worse than I do after I get up after a hangover. Go grab a beer, it helps. Trust me." Said Venge, winking in the darkness.
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #202

Haze

Haze shrugs as he settles onto the Rocket. "Alright. Let's grab lunch on the way. It's not like we've got demons tearing the town apart. Yet."

23. - Top - End - #203

With everyone jammed into the Warlock, it roars off to a fast food joint.

There is a small little burger shack on the edge of town, close to the brushy forests and lonely highways near where HQ is located. It is a land of dead grass and rusting rail-road tracks, now all assaulted by the flood from the heavens.

The Warlock bumps onto the unevenly paved concrete of the parking lot. The parking lot is completely empty and the burger shack looks as if it may be closed...it is too far away to tell.

Everything is quiet, save for the pattering of the rain against the pavement.

24. - Top - End - #204

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge walks up to the burger shack, trying to deduce whether or not it is open.
    I drew this line myself

25. - Top - End - #205

The door is slightly ajar, and the lights inside are on, but flickering.

The darkened glass makes it hard to tell, but you don't see any movement inside...

26. - Top - End - #206

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge walks cautiously up to the door and opens it, standing outside the area of the swing and the doorway, just in case something or someone jumped out.
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #207

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon winces and curses as the warlock comes to a stop, his head still aching.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

28. - Top - End - #208

The rest of the Cabal stays in the Warlock's, whose engine is snarling and hacking like a wolf with asthma, belching black smoke into the torrential skies.

Venge opens the door with a quick swing, using SWAT techniques to invade a room with potential hostiles inside.

A cup clatters to the floor, and rolls outside to land at Venge's feet.

OOC: You can't see what's outside yet. You have to glance inside.

29. - Top - End - #209

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Hey guys, watch this!" Said Venge as he cockily charged into the shack.
    I drew this line myself

30. - Top - End - #210

Venge didn't even know what hit him.

It was a blur. A black, spiked, and multi-armed blur at least three times as bulky as a man, roughly humanoid and screaming, not roaring - it sounded like an 80's horror movie sound clip of a female victim screaming, and would be humorous if it's origin hadn't barreled into Venge with all the delicacy of a speeding train.

Venge winced as half a dozen spikes, protruding out of the thing's skin or exoskeleton or carapace or whatever stabbed into his skin, the force of the charging demon sending him flying.

(d12)[3]
    (d12)[3]
    (d12)[4]
    (d12)[12]
    (d12)[6]
    (d12)[11]
    (d12)[12]
    (d12)[7]
    (d12)[1]
    (d12)[12]

Baptist instantly recognized the vaguely insectile abomination that burst out of the diner. It was the Vouzire, the very same one that had torn apart his Cabal in front of his eyes. It still had the scars of battle on it, the last damage ever to be inflicted by his dead team mates.

Time to die, mother****er.

OOC: Blockhead, roll Venge's Defence roll, which is his Combat rating, so roll 7 d12. I'll rolled the Vouzire's attack above. And yes, it rolls 10 die. The thing's a beast, and infamous among Cabals...every Cabal dreads the day it meets a Vouzire.

Time to start dreading.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-05 at 07:44 PM.