New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE RESEARCH)

OOC: Holy ****, I got three 12s. That means that the score is 15, since 12+3=15. Ouch. Blockhead, I recommend going for the Cool and Drive dice here, and perhaps expending some Fury if you feel it is needed.

Remember, you've just been hit by a speeding insect-demon beast totally unawares. React accordingly.

2. - Top - End - #212

OOC: Everyone else, roll Initiative. So just roll 1 d12.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haze

Haze idles his bike in the parking lot and shakes his head in wry amusement as Venge enters the building.

"Hey guys, watch this!"

Showoff, strolling in there like--holy ****!

OOC: (1d12)[12]

Edit: going to delay my turn. Maybe two or three places in the general order of combat. Haze needs to assess the demon.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-05 at 02:19 AM.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

Backlash

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    Venge

"Hey guys, watch this!" Said Venge as he cockily charged into the shack.
    Shakes his head as he watches Venge's antics, Wise***...

"**** me raw! Its a mother******* maneater!"

OOC:Init:(d12)[2](2)

Taking a moment to recover from the shock of the Demons appearance, Backlash gets his **** into gear. He Throws open the Warlock's door, pulling his pistol but doesn't aim it at the Demon. He needs a little bit of extra mean to help out his spell, and noting the lack of natural, nasty, debris around the Burger Shack he decides to create a little of his own. C'mon ****er, time to play... Muzzle flash illuminates the parking lot in time with the barking of the pistol as slugs start hammering through any window Backlash can aim at. At the same time he lets his mind slip into a state of complete focus, getting ready to rip the world, and more importantly this demon, a new one.

((My actions, unless things change horribly: Fury: Kill Shot, **** Punch (if qualified) and Second Chance (if demon beats my spirit roll) Cast: Excoriate))
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-11-05 at 09:51 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215

PirateCaptain

Venge

(OOC: I have a jacket on, which gives me 2 armour. Anyways... And I'm saving my drive 'til the end.)

Venge didn't have any time to say anything as the demon plowed into him, digging it's unholy spikes into his body and tumbling them both to the ground. As the two landed the demon roared at him, bullets roared past as Backlash opened fire and Venge roared back at the demon; removing his knives from their inside holsters. It was then that the pain kicked in.

Defence: - Do I get a Be Cool die? I'm defending, so I don't have a lot of options to be cool. (7d12):

(d12)[9]
    (d12)[4]
    (d12)[2]
    (d12)[1]
    (d12)[12]
    (d12)[2]
    (d12)[6]

(Hmm... a 12, I take 3 points of damage? What about my jacket?)

The pain was surprisingly little and Venge noticed the majority of the creature's spikes had gone through his trenchcoat. "Jesus, I love this ****ing trenchcoat!" Thought Venge. "It's payback time mother******!" He roared as he charged towards the demon. (Attack begins next turn)
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-05 at 12:09 PM.
    I drew this line myself

6. - Top - End - #216

Haze

Haze stares at the demon. Its body very nearly fills the doorway with chitin and twisting spines. There is, however, a space in the upper right corner wide enough to accommodate a man's body. If he passed through it horizontally. At 30 kilometers an hour. Like a screaming javelin.

If I survive this, I'm going to have a long, fruitful career as a quadriplegic ahead of me.

Haze revs the engine.

OOC: Haze is going to accelerate towards the Vouzire as fast as the Rocket will let him, popping a wheelie at the last possible moment and flipping his body over the handlebars so that he's angled towards the gap in the door frame. He will then release the bike, letting it run tire-first into the Vouzire's chest, and hopefully shoot through the air past its body. This will leave him in serious danger of plowing through the restaurant's ceiling at barely sub-lethal speeds.

Haze will activate Nephilim mid-air the instant he's past the demon, brake hard, and dive towards the kitchen--where he'll backwing, land, draw his bowie knife, and look for the gas line.

Roll to attack with the Crotch Rocket: (1d12)[7]

Driver's check to man-javelin past the Vouzire's lethal shoulder: Bullseyed.

Aw, yeah.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-05 at 02:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

RogueGuy

Brandon

As the creature barrels out the pain Brandon feels fades away. He doesn't notice Venge, He doesn't notice the others any more. All he sees is the demon, one of the creatures that wrecked his life. One of the creatures that has killed his friends. His pained grimace slides into a grim smile and he starts pulling his energy within himself.

"Come on boys!," he says happily. "It's time to play."

ooc - initiative (1d12)[1]

edit - Apparently Brandon takes a nap :P
    Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2008-11-05 at 02:48 PM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

He cannot believe his eyes, the Vouzier, here, now, how?

Jumping off the Warlock Shotgun in hand, anger welling within, Baptist heads straight towards the beast, energy growing within him.

OOC (D12)[5]

9. - Top - End - #219

OOC: Alright, so a quick recap of what's going on.

The Vouzire is standing in the doorway of the diner (contrary to Venge's description but okay with Haze's, sorry Venge, they were contrasting and I picked Haze's since his actions mattered on it).

Venge is on the ground halfway between the Warlock and the diner.

The rest are in various positions in or around the Warlock, with Haze revving his Crotch Rocket in preparation to attack.

The current initiative order is...
    HAZE - 12
    BAPTIST - 5
    BACKLASH - 2
    BRANDON - 1

ICARUS SMITH & BORED_TEEN have not posted yet, and I will take actions for them if they don't post by tomorrow. We'll assume they're taking control of the Warlock and/or readying things.

Venge, at this point you'll take 3 damage from the demon without further modification. If you want to 'use' your armor, roll 1 d12 for each point of armor you have, so roll 3 d12. Then for each roll that's your armor rating or below, so 3 or below, take off 1 point of damage.

After Venge is through with his damage rolls I'll resume the actions.

10. - Top - End - #220

PirateCaptain

((Ok, let's hope my jacket protects me...

Armor: 3d12

(d12)[1]
    (d12)[10]
    (d12)[6]

And I take it Venge goes after everyone else is done, since he defended against the demon. Also, this is just a bit of advice, it may of been better to say that the demon burst out of the doors towards Venge, spikes producing from it's skin and then stop there, rather than say Venge got impaled, just incase he took no damage, which would be difficult to explain away.))

(EDIT: Hmm... only 1 point of damage voided, and my armour points also decrease don't they?)
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-05 at 07:58 PM.
    I drew this line myself

11. - Top - End - #221

Cherry

As Venge is bowled over and Haze launches himself at the Vouzire, Cherry jumps off the back of the Warlock. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out 3 of his Cherry Bombs (tm). He flicks the cap at the top, arming the first, and lobs it at the demon.

OOC: sorry. i've been busy. also, i forgot where i put the character sheet, i don't know how much damage this does.

12. - Top - End - #222

PirateCaptain

((First Page, garden linked all our character sheets to our names))
    I drew this line myself

13. - Top - End - #223

Venge was sprawled out on the cement, bruised but not badly hurt. Years of being a Disciple have hastened his reactions and he was able to take the brunt of the Vouzire's charge without getting serious hurt, though the Vouzire's spikes did manage to leave a pair of nasty gashes along his right forearm.

Haze speeds toward the beast on the Crotch Rocket, a blur of man and machine headed straight for the beast. At the last minute, he tilts backwards, sending his bike into a nearly vertical wheelie...

Haze lets go of the bike handles. ****. His body, carried by the tremendous momentum of the bike, flies forwards and crashes through the tiny hole in between the Vouzire and the diner wall, tearing out a chunk of wood and plaster on the way. Inside the diner, he casts Nephilim and flares his massive bat-wings out as horns erupt from his skull and his teeth lengthen into fangs. Too little, too late. He smashes into the back of the diner, into a set of metal shelving holding an assortment of pots, pans, and cooking equipment.

Buried in cookware, Haze draws his knife and looks for the gas line. There is a white rusting pipe running beneath the counter and into the kitchen.

The bike itself flies into the Vouzire's chitinous hide at speeds excess of 100 miles per hour...

Spoiler
    Show
    Defense roll for the Vouzire.

[roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]
    [roll]d12[/roll]

OOC: Yup. Blockhead, your armor's 2 now, so next time you want to use it, you only roll two die. I also forgot to give you cool die for that...my bad.

Kuma Da, you get cool die for Haze's attack. Roll another die in addition to the 7 you already rolled.

Baptist, you're up, what do you want to do? Remember, this is the bastard that destroyed your Cabal and your life. Pay him back in kind.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-05 at 08:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE VOUZIRE)

The bike itself flies into the Vouzire's chitinous hide at speeds excess of 100 miles per hour...

Spoiler
    Show
    Defense roll for the Vouzire.

(d12)[12]
    (d12)[2]
    (d12)[6]
    (d12)[1]
    (d12)[6]
    (d12)[5]
    (d12)[4]
    (d12)[11]
    (d12)[8]
    (d12)[9]

OOC: Forgot to roll for the Vouzire and it doesn't work in an edit. Rerolling. Remember Kuma Da, you get one more dice for being Cool.

At this point, with your roll of 7 and mine of 12, you won't be doing any damage to it with that bike.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-05 at 08:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

PirateCaptain

((Terrible waste of a bike that... No matter, hurry up guys! Venge wants to lay some smacketh down on this demon which seems to be incredibly lucky))
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #226

Haze

There's a sickening crunch as the bike and the demon collide, although it's still much too early to tell which took the worst beating.

Inside the kitchen, Haze drags himself out of the rubble and sizes up the pipe. It's covered in rusty patches the same way some old trees are covered with lichen.

Guess that'll do.

Haze snaps a hard, fast kick into the side of the pipe, hopefully wrenching it from the wall and busting it open. Then he does a quick sweep for survivors inside the restaurant.

OOC: using cluster**** and burning the last of my fury to roll against the Vouzire's 1. Bring it on.

Cluster****: (1d12)[11]

Coolness dice: (1d12)[12]
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-05 at 09:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

The Crotch Rocket slams into the demon's head, tires still spinning, engine still running. The burning rubber collides with the Vouzire's clicking jaws, snapping off it's left mandible and fracturing the exoskeleton all along the shoulder of the beast. A thick paste spurts out and splatters the walls of the diner, chunky in consistency and something like pus in colour.

The beast roars again - the horror movie scream track - and lurches forward, seemingly unfazed by the flying chunk of metal that nearly took off its head.

OOC: Damn! That's a textbook perfect Cluster****, Kuma Da, congratulations! It does however negate your other rolls, but you still do 10 damage. Nice!
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-06 at 01:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

A red mist descends across my eyes and all I feel is the will to destroy.

Moving from a walk to a trot I cast Energumen. The feeling of speed and strength surges through me like a stream of ice cold energy. With a kick I leap up into the air tumbling over the head of the Vouzire landing behind it deftly, dropping the shotgun by my feet. Before the beast can react I attack, my arms a blur as I pummel the beast from behind with my fists, working my way up and down its back in a bid to destroy it.

OOC So this boost my strength to 7 which I assume means I get combat of 8?

(D12)[4]
    (D12)[8]
    (D12)[7]
    (D12)[8]
    (D12)[4]
    (D12)[12]
    (D12)[3]
    (D12)[3]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

Just realised I should have had a cool die as well

(D12)[8]

20. - Top - End - #230

OOC: you also have that cool shotgun, Baptist.

21. - Top - End - #231

"Hey hey get me something good right?"Shutter called out after Venge, shaking his head and sighing as his large compatriot gave him the finger of his shoulder.

"****" He muttered and grinned at the new guy, though at that scream he jumped, sitting half out of the back of the Warlock, before sense asserted himself and he dropped back down, tugging free the massive revolver out of his pocket.

He watched as his crazy ****nut of a friend plowed his motorcycle into the demon's chest, and scrambled off the Warlock, booted feet hitting the ground with a low Thump.

OOC - Init: (1d12+0)[9]
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Da View Post
    OOC: you also have that cool shotgun, Baptist.
    OOC

Saving that for later.
    Last edited by LordEntropy; 2008-11-06 at 06:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

OOC: Rolling defense for the Vouzire.

(d12)[8]
    (d12)[4]
    (d12)[6]
    (d12)[3]
    (d12)[11]
    (d12)[12]
    (d12)[1]
    (d12)[4]
    (d12)[4]
    (d12)[1]

24. - Top - End - #234

OOC: Alright, here's the mechanics.

Baptist's highest die is a 12, but so is the Vouzire, so we look to the next highest.

The Vouzire has a 11, but Baptist has three 8's, so 8+3=11, so again, it's a tie.

So we look to the next highest die, which is 8 for the Vouzire and 8 for Baptist. Another die, so next highest die.

Baptist has a 7 and the Vouzire has a 6.

7-6=1

Baptist does one damage.

Yeah, the Vouzire is very ****ing tough. LordEntropy, Energumen lasts for the next two rounds.

25. - Top - End - #235

Baptist's Energumen-frenzied pummeling does little but stir the beast's rage. It's exoskeleton is like warm steel, and hundreds of tiny protrusions and spikes are everywhere on its carapace. Within seconds, Baptist's knuckles are bloodied and his bones shaken, yet with Energumen he doesn't even feel it.

One of Cherry's homemade explosives fly through the air, headed toward the demon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vouzire's defense.

(d12)[10]
    (d12)[10]
    (d12)[12]
    (d12)[5]
    (d12)[9]
    (d12)[10]
    (d12)[1]
    (d12)[9]
    (d12)[5]
    (d12)[7]

OOC: Bored_teen, you have to roll your attack, which is 1 d12. Then roll 1d6 for the bomb's damage. I'll roll the demon's defense now.

EDIT - Wow, I got a 13 to, since I got three 10s. You might want to expend fury or else you'll probably miss, unless you roll better than 13, which is only possible with multiples of high dice.

So now I'm going to let

BACKLASH
    BRANDON
    ICARUS SMITH
    BORED_TEEN

all go simultaneously, since Initiative doesn't really matter after the demon's turn.

Also, if you feel you deserve a cool die, just go ahead and give yourself one, but let me know. I'll revoke it if I feel you don't deserve it.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-11-06 at 06:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge charges at the demon, knives in hand, emitting a faint red glow. Upon nearing the demon, he tries to impale it's torso with his knives, then begin slashing wildy at it.

Attack: - 7d12

(d12)[1]
    (d12)[10]
    (d12)[6]
    (d12)[9]
    (d12)[9]
    (d12)[3]
    (d12)[5]

EDIT: Sorry I misinterpreted your post, assume this is what Venge does when his turn comes around
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-06 at 08:31 PM.
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #237

ok, i have a maneuver in mind, but it requires that either i haven't thrown the bomb, or that i have a turn right now. here's the dmg for the bomb, btw
    (1d12)[11]

edit: not dmg, attack roll
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-06 at 08:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

OOC: Even though that's a pretty good roll, your attack will fail at this point, since 13 beats 11. Do you want to change it with Fury at all? You can Kill Shot or Second Chance that roll.

29. - Top - End - #239

OOC: Or, alternately, cluster**** the Vouzire's roll of 1. Up to you how you describe that, though.

Just a little friendly advice from the bleachers.

Edit: Middlewayne, suicide run, and BOHICA are also valid options.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-06 at 08:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by gardenphilosoph View Post
    OOC: Even though that's a pretty good roll, your attack will fail at this point, since 13 beats 11. Do you want to change it with Fury at all? You can Kill Shot or Second Chance that roll.
    i'll take Kill Shot then

(1d12)[10]

also, Kuma Da, yeah, i was gonna basically blow the rest of my Fury on an epic combo maneuver, but for what i had in mind i would need to have either had another turn, or not have thrown the bomb. also, about the sodium hydroxide, i have a chemical supplier as a contact.
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-06 at 09:04 PM.