New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Reign of Sand IC

Noticing the warlock's tensing, the mayor shakes her head, "That came out wrong." She sighs. "I just don't like talking as if they're all ready dead," she looks over the group.

"The stone was a sacred artifact of their order. The abbot didn't want it to fall into the hands of simple looters. There are a few other items of course; he also included a magical staff, as well as various religious texts, I have a list he's given me. The stone was of most importance though. He wanted to ensure that it was recovered. If anything has happened, and if it's still there, please try to find it."
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

The mayor's follow-up explanation seemed to make more sense to Vidra than her first proposal; she looked to Mayor Sandra with an understanding eye. If the jewel was that important, Vidra would help.

She looked around at the others who had agreed to join; she hoped the varied nature would result in more assets than issues. As of yet, the halfling was already in disagreement with several of the others; Vidra tried to refrain judgement for now, but she didn't much like his sharp tongue. The one with the wolf seemed polite enough, and the animal was tamed well so far. She liked the wood elf's approach to the situation. The other human was quick-witted yet respectful, and so Vidra was on the fence with him. This would be interesting, to say the least.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

A small sphere composed of pure chaos called "Earth"

More than a little embarrassed at how transparent his momentary discomfort had been, Hierot smiles apologetically to the mayor and settles back in his seat, giving his companions a chance to speak.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the awesome avatar!

My current (and oddest ever) character: Hierot Grimsby

Spoiler
    Show

"Your approval fills me with shame."
    -Roy Greenhilt

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mederen throws one more glance at Halavan, then stands up to address the group. "Well I understand the urgency, and I for one agree that we should leave as soon as possible, just in case something has happened, but there are survivors that need help." Mederen conceals a grin as he sits back down, thinking that if they already have one large jewel, maybe they have a few smaller ones they wouldn't notice missing... or at the very least no one would notice if a small piece of the big one 'vanished'... Mederen picks up his voice again. "And I would also like to add with that my magic, and my *ahem* abilities, in case something has happened to them, I can work as an advance scout to make sure there's nothing dangerous ahead."
    Last edited by Eternal Kanus; 2008-10-18 at 07:07 PM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    K'thzt Zytrael- Retired- Mind Flayer Madness II
    Saless Morin- Retired- When Swords Crash
    Kekan Edjak- Retired- The Banolin Chronicles
    Vol Kaerstorm- Retired- Kreados
    Hammond Smith- The Game
    RN77-L3- Scum and Villainy

5. - Top - End - #35

Halavan Turgoth

"Shouldn't be that hard to find these things Mayor Sandra, if they give off any kind of magical aura then with a few well-cast spells, and all my spells are well-cast, we shouldbe able to hone in on their position."

"So, find the monks, recue any of the still living, and possibly retrieve their sacred relics on the event of their deaths. I for one," he pats his backpack, "Am ready to go right now."

Monks, high and mighty bastards, almost as bad as... the... churches...

Halavan pauses, struck by the stray throught.

"Lord Mayor, would this monastery happen to have any enemies of the cults here in the city. They have been getting closer to blows with each other recently as my most recent brush with a fire laden building has attested."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #36

SolithKnightGuy

The mayor considers the halfling's proposal. "There is a possiblility. The monks do pay respects to Heironious, and Hextor is their enemy." she thinks about it for another second. "I think your incident is a fairly isolated incident so far though. They seem to be getting along. At least, Moradin and Heironious are. They suffer the other church only because they can find no reason to expel them." she seems frustrated at this herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Vidra's face went blank at Hextor's name, but her fists tightened. She wouldn't put it past followers of Hextor to attack these monks. Even though she didn't know much of this particular incident, she knew of some horrors of Hextor. As she crossed her arms, her movement was slightly more robotic than it had been; the comments had only strengthened her resolve. This would be for the Mayor, as well as for Heironeous, if it came down to it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mederen, having arrived in Therinsford only recently, knew not the details of the religious situation, but he had heard enough to piece together the basics. "Now I'd still like to think that the monks are still alive, but look at it this way- if the Church of Hextor did have something to do with what happened, and left proof behind, then you and the other churches would have reason to act against Hextor, and legal backing behind it. Hopefully it won't come down to that, but still."
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

9. - Top - End - #39

SolithKnightGuy

"Very well then. Thank you all for agreeing to help me." standing up, the mayor moves around her desk to shake each of your hands. You move out of her office and back into the waiting room, where the brother/sister pair is still arguing.

((do you guys have anything else you want to do before taking off?))

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sae'lesh collects his weapons in the lobby.

OOC: I'm ready.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having no solid weapons on his person and everything securely stored in his backpack, Hierot is prepared to leave town. As he hefts the sturdy leather bag onto his shoulders, he silently curses upon hearing the clinking of his potions in the pocket. Such accomodations would not do in combat.

"It appears I've overlooked a minor detail," he informs his companions. "Please excuse me for a few minutes while I go purchase a couple of belt-pouches."

OOC: Do I need to go roleplay the shopping process, or can I just subtract the money from my inventory and say he was gone for 5 minutes?

Spoiler
    Show

-Roy Greenhilt

12. - Top - End - #42

SolithKnightGuy

OOC: No problem, just count it as done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Vidra joined the others in the lobby, trying to ignore the arguing siblings. She wondered how Petra was doing, lashed to a railing outside. She may have to lead her horse for much of the excursion, seeing as everyone else was on foot. Still, she hoped she would get an oppertunity to ride.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mederen stretched and arose, his Haversack on his back, and approached the halfling he had been verbally jousting with earlier. "Listen, I know we got off to a bad start, but if we're going to be working together we need to not be at each other's throats. I'm asking for a truce between the two of us, just so that any childish insults or acts between us don't interfere with the job." Mederen took a few casual steps away, then turned to face the halfling once more. "Aside from that, we're both far too full of ourselves to actually be hurt by the insults. So it's really a waste of both of our times."

OOC: This conversation can also theoretically take place in transit... I've got nothing to do in town.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

15. - Top - End - #45

SolithKnightGuy

The mayor's assistant stops you just before you walk out of the office. "I'm sorry, but the mayor said to give you this before you leave." she holds a sheet of paper out to you. "It has the information on the items that you need to find in case something has happened. There's also a map to where the monestary is."

You all head out, a few running off to do short errands. Starting on the path towards the monestary, you spend several hours hiking, stopping only to eat and drink. A small forest pulls alongside the road, and consulting the map, you find that you're all ready half way there. Continuing on, you pass over a small hill and see the monestary far ahead. It's probably only about half an hours march away.

OOC: If anyone has anything else they wish do do in town, let me know. The information provided on the paper is in the OOC thread. You left at about 10 in the morning, and have marched until 5 in the afternoon. I need marching order, and spot checks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Where do you want rolls made? IC thread spoiler, IC thread no-spoiler, or OOC thread? For this time, I'll go ahead and do it here in this spoiler...

Sae'lesh will most likely be at or towards the front, as he knows the area (even if I don't :) and is very comfortable as a scout.

Spot: (1d20+11)[20]
    Listen (1d20+11)[17] (in case it matters)

17. - Top - End - #47

SolithKnightGuy

OOC: roll in the IC thread, preferably in spoilers.
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-10-21 at 02:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    Vidra would probably be up front somewhere: 1st, or 2nd if 1st is taken.
    Last edited by luck_or_fate; 2008-10-21 at 03:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, don't know why that didn't work...

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[7]

20. - Top - End - #50

Halavan Turgoth

On the road Halavan is as annoying as he was while immobile in his chair, the passing miles only seem to irritate him further.

"I got off of the damn farm to get away from the wilds, yet they curse me whenever I leave the city, damn this earth," Halvan keeps on grumbling similar epithets as they go on, pausing only when Mederen slows to speak to him.

"Bah," the halfling snorts at Mederen, "A truce would imply that hostilities had reached a point where neither party had the will or ability to continue, and I resent the implication that I would be anything but the victor! Verbosity and Guile are my brothers, and we have slain mightier foes than you. Although, amnesty may be asked for if your delicate psyche cannot withstand my blows upon it's thin defenses. Very well, for now I will reserve my barbs for those whose skins are thicker," he smiles very un-halflinglike at the man, "A waste of time you say, only time will tell on that one."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+3)[22]
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[20]

Halavan will be either in the middle of the party or one back from there.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mederen doesn't respond to the halfling's stubbornness, he merely picks up his pace and keeps directly ahead of the halfling, plotting. I wonder where he keeps his spellbook... If he's half as good as he thinks he is, it should fetch a pretty penny on the black market.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot-(1d20+5)[18]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And for initiative... (1d20+1)[19]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zeren Vaul- Retired
    Mederen Vailis- Retired
    Hammond Smith- The Game

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll also throw in an initiative. (1d20+5)[24]. Do we want to pre-roll initiative always? I've done it in one campaign so far, and it worked rather well...

EDIT: That's high enough, I'll probably be one of the first, so I'll declare an action now.

Sae'lesh keen eyes spot the movement in the bushes, including a retreating creature. Realizing he would probably be unable to catch it on foot with the remaining creatures in his way, he turns to Vidra. "There's a creature escaping in that direction, may or may not be hostile," he points.

He then nocks an arrow in his bow and draws it tight, pointing it at the bushes but does not yet loose as he's unsure whether the approaching creatures are hostile. "Are you friend or foe?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Delayed action to fire once the creatures show hostile intent. If they do emerge from the bushes with hostile disposition -- especially if they're goblins -- Sae'lesh fires. In that case, it's [roll]1d20+10[/roll] to hit, for [roll]1d8+4[/roll] damage. If they are goblins, that's an extra +2 damage (favored enemy).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and +1 to hit and damage if within 30' (point blank shot).
    Last edited by lukfugl; 2008-10-21 at 06:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot you can't add rolls when editing. Here are the rolls for the attack if made: (1d20+10)[16], (1d8+4)[8]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+1)[16]
    Init (just in case): (1d20+2)[3]

Spoiler
    Show

-Roy Greenhilt

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Micheal had listened carefully as everything had been said in the mayor's office, and was more then happy to help. He wasn't quite happy about how quickly they would have to move to make it by nightfall, because it wouldn't give him time to forage. but he could make do. His compainions seemed decent, for the most part, and the traveling went smoothly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Micheal: "spot" - (1d20+3)[17]
    "int" - (1d20)[6]
    Lucia: "spot" - (1d20+3)[4]
    "int" - (1d20+3)[23]

Micheal hadn't noticed anything, or for that matter neither did Lucia, however he took Sae'lash at his word and got ready in case the answer was "foe".
    Last edited by DarknessLord; 2008-10-21 at 10:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

SolithKnightGuy

OK, Init order:
    Sae'lesh
    Halavan
    Mederen
    EDIT: Vidra
    Enemy
    Micheal
    Hirot

Sae'lesh, Halavan and Mederen get actions in the surprise round. Sae'lesh delays to see what the opponants' reaction will be.
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-10-21 at 10:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for after surprise round: [roll] 1d20+3 [/roll]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gr... I know what I'm doing wrong... (1d20+3)[16]

30. - Top - End - #60

Halavan Turgoth

Halavan rubs his chin for a moment as the creature starts to make its getaway.

"Hmm, they're ambushing us from the side of the road without announcing their presence? I say foe."

Halavan twitches his hands across in front of him, his gloves glowing for a moment with and spits out a few words an arcanic language. He pushes his palms out and a human fist-sized ball of acid hurtles at the creature moving away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Orb of Acid at the creature that's fleeing, and using 1 charge from his arcanist's gloves to boost the caster level by 2

RangedTouchAttack - (1d20+6)[8] +1 if it's within 30 ft.
    Damage - (3d8)[17] +1 if it's within 30 ft.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-10-22 at 01:50 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show