New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Vagabond (Act1 IC2)

Drahlo attempts to push through the crowd, but finds that his approach is deemed a threat, immediately. One of the man swing for Drahlo's head, but in his drunken state he telegraphs his body movements and the orc ducks under the attack. He retaliates with a solid punch, landing in the stomach, which sends the man to the floor.

The half-Elf, without any hesitation, gives a right cross to one of the men before her, knocking him to the ground, where he lays groaning.

Shimar then strikes back at the tougher of the bald man's two friends, hitting him hard in the gut. However, he endures through the pain and quickly snaps back, slamming his fist into Shimar's face, dealing 6 nose-crushing damage (lethal).

The second of the two to team-up on Shimar winds up a punch to strike him from the side; but suddenly his head meets with a glass bottle that happened to be hurled through the air at just that moment. He falls to the ground.

The other men - oblivious to the orc just to the side - go for the man in shadowy clothing, and one lands a solid hit in the man's temple. He goes down.

While the chaos ensues, a lone man stands at the door. "I'mma gittin' tha guards!" He turns for the door, but is halted as a mug hits him in the back of the head, sending him straight to the floor, holding his bloody head in pain.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Drahlo: 709
    half-Elf: 26
    Shimar: 9
    Kane: 9
    Stone-Cold: 3
    Undertaker: 3
    Guy: 2

Banditos (Stone-Cold's previously seated friends): 2
    Various Patrons: 1

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Stepping over her fallen foes, the half-elf is beaming as she moves on to the next bandito, again swinging for the chin or nose.

Spoiler
    Show
    fisticuffs- (1d20+6)[13] and non-lethal damage- (1d3+3)[5]
    Last edited by Sweet_Venom_84; 2008-12-10 at 06:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shimar

Spitting a good amount of blood at the floor, the barbarian swings his fist towards Kane's chin.

Attack - (1d20+6)[21], Damage - (1d3+3)[6]
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

4. - Top - End - #154

Seeing Shimar so direly injured, Drahlo pushes towards his friend even harder, ignoring any blows he may recieve on the way. Once there, he will channel nature's mercy into the warriors body, doing his best to keep himself from being left open to retaliation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Invisible Castle seems to be down right now... Anyway, casting Minor Vigor on Shimar; heals 1 hp per round over 13 rounds. Casting defensively

Concentration: (1d20+8)[24]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Drahlo darts over to Shimar, avoiding blows as he lays his healing hands upon the barbarian, still locked in combat with his brutal opponent. Shimar begins to feels the effects of the spell rejuvinate him, enabling him to fight back with more tenacity. With his newfound energy, he has no trouble striking his target dead-on, sending the rather tough foe to the ground, clearly rendering him unconscious.

Meanwhile, the half-Elf beats down yet another one of the quartet to join the fray, leaving just one of the men standing before her. He backs up, obviously not liking where things are going. "I-I don't want any trouble!"

Other patrons continue in their brawl, but a lot of people lie down on the floor, at this point. Several people have run outside by now, some you're all sure have claimed to be fetching the guardsmen. While those who find themselves loving the idea of continuing the brawl, any present with some manner of intuition (such as Drahlo) might feel as if this already bad situation could soon get much worse.

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't update the map or list initiative at this point because the threat has been eliminated; you won't find more opponents to fight (with all those unconscious people around you) unless you start actively looking for trouble.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-12-11 at 09:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

Drahlo briefly glances to the half elf, unsure what to think of her. Apparently deciding that the matter could wait, the orc turns to Shimar and says, "We should leave. I don't know what happened to cause this, but I don't think we want to be here when guards arrive."

7. - Top - End - #157

Shimar

You won't believe me D, but it wasn't me! Hey, your magic is kinda tingly!

Then he turns to the half-elf.

Name's Shimar by the way, and he's my pal Drahlo. Actually, we were looking for some extra muscle, would you be interested?

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

"If there's pay and fighting to be had, I'm in. ... There is pay, right?" She asks, even as she sweeps up her equipment in a few swift movements. Slinging her pack and weapon-belt over one shoulder and her quiver and bow over the other, she moves towards the door, clearly indicating they can talk on the way. "Name's Justice." She gives the last Bandito an intimidating glare, adding to him, "feel free to inform them of that when they come to."

Spoiler
    Show
    Justice has joined your party!

I couldn't help myself... I'm tired.
    Last edited by Sweet_Venom_84; 2008-12-12 at 09:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Shimar

Yeah, there is some payment to be had. - he answers, and collecting his stuff and dog, he heads out. He tosses a gold piece to the barkeeper, if he sees him.

The rest is on the gentlemen down there on the floor! - he says before quitting the tavern

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold considers the offer.
    "Maybe, maybe. When do you get off of work, M'lady?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

11. - Top - End - #161

Not having much to gather, Drahlo simply waits impatiently as the others gather their things. Suspecting Shimar is only being half-truthful about not starting it for some reason, Drahlo tosses another gold coin to the barkeep as a sort of apology. From there, the orc moves to the exit.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

The Library

"Huh?" She gives Harold a surprised look. "Oh, about an hour...I think. In any case, it's until we lock the doors for the night." She glances to her books, and then back to Harold. Her expression a little uneasy. "Was there...um...anything else?"

The Docks

As the trio steps outside, you still hear some brawling going on within. Stepping a short distance away from the doors, you then spot a handful of guardsmen rushing over. They pass you hastily, and dart inside the doors. You can hear some shouting within.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Justice would steal anything from the pockets of the drunkards, you can do a search check and I'll see what happens. But, in any case, I'm assuming you followed the two out, seeking employment

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold smiles.
    "Well, since you ask... I've got a little more research to do before the library closes, but I was actually hoping you might be willing to give me a small tour of the library. I don't get to spend much time in here, you see, and the choice of tour guide I find makes all the difference."
    He thinks for a moment, seemingly.
    "But I wouldn't want to disturb the other patrons. Hmm. How about this; just before the library closes, I'll run out and find us some dinner, and then you can show me around after closing? I'm sure it'd be educational."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

The librarian opens her mouth, as if to speak, but closes it again as she fails to find the proper response. She's blushing. "Well, um..." she smiles, but then tries to hide it, looking at the ground. After a moment, she glances upward, a bit coy. "I don't even know your name."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold smiles.
    "To be fair, I don't know yours either. I have a good feeling about you, and a good musician trusts his feelings. However, I'm also a gentleman, and A gentleman always goes first, so... My name's Harold."

16. - Top - End - #166

Shimar

No, D, you don't give them gold for doing no harm, that's not the way it is! - explains Shimar - If you broke some patrons or furniture, and maybe you want to come back, you leave there a peice, and pay your ale. But if you didn't boreak anything, and stiol toss them a coin, they will assume that somehow you were participating in the start of the fighting as well!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Stretching her arms up to lock behind her head, Justice follows Drahlo and Shimar, half listening to the conversation and half reworking the fight in her mind. If she finds the topic odd, it doesn't show on her face. "So, what sort of a job are we looking at here?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

As Shimar, Drahlo and Justice converse, Harold wins his way into the librarian's heart and places beyond.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I need you three to talk some more, or else adding Justice into the party will be immensely awkward. I don't want to fast-forward things for you three.

19. - Top - End - #169

Shimar

Some guy, who seems to be rather important around here asked us to sail to an island, and recover some buried stuff. He needs the papers, we keep the shineys. We have a guy in the 'club', who keeps all this information in his head, so I don't need to worry about the details. - explains Shimar the nature of the work.

20. - Top - End - #170

Drahlo shrugs at Shimar's explanation. "That's... mostly it. Harold would explain details better than I."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

The trio finds a place to stay for the night, and reconvene with Harold the next day.

The entirety of the party meets at the Harpy's Head; a tavern of which Len had earlier explained to Shimar would be their regular meeting-place. You gather around a table, with Len sitting a few feet to the side, looking slightly ill.

The impression Len gives to Justice is that she is not too dissimilar from herself. She is a strong woman - even if looking a bit pale, at the moment - and she seems to be equally armed as the newcomer. She stays quiet, expecting Harold to do the talking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skenardo; if you don't mind, I'd like you to give a brief description of Harold for our new friend

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger

Harold sits at the table, unconsciously whistling a tune. The minstrel is a lean, handsome man with curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He's young, but about his eyes there is a wisdom that belies his youth. Dressed in a slightly-smudged white shirt and black trousers, he cuts a dashing figure. And one that is in a considerably better mood than he was yesterday.
    "So!" he says, rubbing his hands together, "You're thinking about joining us on our venture, Miss...Ah...?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

While still clad in overly revealing, tight fitting clothing, some aspects of her appearance have changed from the night before. The ink that had adorned her arm is gone, and instead, a new pattern frames her left eye and trickles down her chin and throat, stopping just above her exposed collarbone. The details seem to be little more than long strings of black slashes and dots that form swirling, circular spirals that accent the natural shape of her face. The bright red color to her hair is still there, though her bangs are now a decidedly bleach blond color.

"Justice," she answers, throwing an intent, challenging gaze at Harold, as if inviting him to comment about it. "I'm interested, at least. These two didn't really have much by ways of details, though. She stops long enough to hook a thumb in the direction of Drahlo and Shimar. I'm not about to go sailing hundreds of miles to no where for a fistful of copper coins. If it's worth my while, I'm in. If not, there are other fights for other causes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying out new colors so I'm not stealing Harold's (which he should have known better than to take!) Might swap them out the next couple of posts until I'm happy.
    Last edited by Sweet_Venom_84; 2008-12-17 at 09:47 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    With a perfectly level gaze, Harold nods. "I see. Well, my name is Harold, as I'm sure the others have told you. Now, as to the venture..."
    Harold rolls his eyes.
    "Yes, I suppose it'd be up to me to supply details, wouldn't it. Well, here's how things stand; We have a very rich and politically-influential patron who's something of a scholar. There's a particular book that he's after which resides in some ancient ruins in a jungle, yes, some distance from here. The excavation has gone fine, but now he's lost contact with the team, and he's getting nervous. Says it might be the natives, or whatever."
    He scratches his ear, absently. It looks like there's a small scab there from a recent small cut or something.
    "We get paid, no matter what we find. Trust me, Miss Justice, as much as I am fond of Claudius, I'm not taking pro bono cases right now. However, if we recover the book and bring it back, there's a greater reward in store. And since we're on another continent largely untouched by laws concerning private property, we're pretty much free to help ourselves to whatever other treasures you think might lie in an ancient forgotten ruin. Pay plus salvage seemed like a good bargain to me."
    He pauses to let that sink in.
    "The reason we'd like to have you along is that we could use a little more muscle. The jungles are notorious for being teeming with monsters, and I can't guarantee that there won't be some sort of clash with the natives. I expect the others have already put you through our 'rigorous selection process,' " He tosses his head at Drahlo, noting some of the fresh wounds and bruises. "And you're obviously qualified. We'd be leaving shortly, with no set time for return, if that's an issue."
    He pauses once more, this time giving Justice an appraising look.
    "Hypothetically, if I said the word 'tact,' would you know what I was referring to?"
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2008-12-17 at 09:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

"Just Justice, and I know when to keep my mouth shut," Justice assures Harold before a coy smile crosses her lips. "Whether or not I do depends on my mood."

Shifting one leg over the other, she leans back in her seat and folds her arms across her chest. "I'm not bound by any time constraints beyond my own amusement, and the price seems right." Considering the entire situation a moment longer she finally nods and asks, "When do we leave?"
    Last edited by Sweet_Venom_84; 2008-12-17 at 10:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold drums his fingers on the table.
    "Works for me. I take what I can get, these days."
    He stands.
    "Soon as our patron arranges passage for us. We should stop by today and let him know we've finished our recruiting."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

"I wouldn't mind meeting him. Better to know where the coinage is coming from. I also have a mount that I would rather take with me. My guess is arrangements may need made for him."

Standing as well, she stretches her hands over her head, then locks her fingers together and holds them against the back of her skull in a casual, easygoing manner.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold coughs and tries not to stare.
    "Right then. Len, Drahlo, Shimar...anything else you needed to do?"

29. - Top - End - #179

Drahlo--apparently oblivious to any bruises he might have earned the night before--raises a hand at the last question. "There is an item we should get before we leave. I am not sure what you call them in these lands. The more advances shamans at home would produce them... 'Rain sticks' would be how your folk translate it I think. Small rods, with spells stored in them. Nature's blessings run through me, but only so much--a healing stick would be wise to bring with us." He sits with a rigid posture, apparently uncomfortable in his chair. "Believe it or not, I am not fond of violence. Still, it seems to follow me in these lands; I think it best to prepare for many wounds."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Those that go to Claudius' estate find themselves waiting in his foyer for what may be a half-an-hour before they are finally admitted into his study. He stands at the window, arms folded behind his back, gazing down at the street. When he turns to greet you, he flashes a curious look at Justice, but then turns to Harold with a smile. "I see you've found yourself a hired hand."

Justice would note Claudius' height to be tall for an elf. He may also be standing a little straighter than most; although his posture does not appear so stiff for him to appear conscious of it; he simply seems to be a confident individual. He wears his dark hair shorter than most elves; the common trend among their kind in Medici is to wear it at great lengths. He is dressed in expensive clothing; although the richness of his abode does not make this very surprising.

Claudius looks back to Justice, and offers her a nod. "A pleasure, my lady." He looks her up-and-down. "I take it our mutual friends here were not able to answer all of your questions." He smiles. "Was there something you had wished to ask me?"
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-12-20 at 02:01 AM.