New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Paradigm Shift

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Paradigm Shift

Gnoryc

Getting hit only puts a smile on the beserker gnoll, as he swings around his trippleheaded flail like the wildman he is

Spoiler
    Show
    Great cleave
    Attack: (1d20+9)[28] vs AC
    Target: each enemy in burst you can see in burst 1
    Damage: (1d10+6)[7]
    Additional damage modifiers:
    - +1 for each enemy adjecent to me adjecent
    - pack attack: +2 damage when enemy adjecent to 2 allies

edit: if the T's are thugs and that cyan arrow-up is the main thug: that would be
    Thug <upper left from Gnoryc> 7+5 = 12 damage
    Thug <left from Gnoryc> 7+5+2 = 14 damage
    Thug <below Gnoryc> 7+5+2 = 14 damage
    Thug <right from Gnoryc> 7+5 = 12 damage
    Arrow-up Thug <left below from Gnoryc> 7+5+2 = 14 damage
    (since I susspect thugs to be minions (they did fixed damage) that triggers Rageblood vigor for 3 temp hp)

if that cleared the enemies around him, Gnoric shifts one square back (upper right)

(he's going to charge next round ...)
    Last edited by qube; 2008-12-01 at 02:31 AM.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Huron and Fargilm's teamwork mar the thief, opening large gashes on his body. He struges to keep the blood from coming out of his chest. Huron's theatrics dazzle and distract the thugs, quick enough so that they don't see the savage hyena-man burrowing spiked balls into their heads. One actually slips by the festival pole of sadism and ducks, but is instead propelled backwards into a pile of crates by Fargim's wind down. The crates are labled in a jagged form of Supernal, the contents that spill out making a sizzling sound as they hit the ground, and perhaps even the brute's flesh.

The thief attempts one last flourish at the prime dwarf and runs ahead. "You bobbers, I'll get you for this, or so say Augustis the 1st n' a half!" he shouts before making a cowardly dash through the ally way, pushing by passengers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, the blue arrow is Hurron because I forgot to move him.

Since I haven't been keeping track really, I'll bargin with you and give you 15 temporary points.

Combat:
    [spoiler] Thug: (1d8+4)[10] vs. Fargrim.
    Shifts even 1 square far from combat and starts running.
    HP:
    [spoiler]
    Thief: 5

All the thugs are dead. [spoiler]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

"There is no Augustis - only darkness!" Shadowedbreath roars at the fleeing mugger, punctuating his words with a bolt of sheer emptiness that streaks out to strike his foe in the back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the thief can't get more than 16 squares away from me after attacking and making his move, I'll move to within 10 squares then use Illusory Ambush.

Attack vs. Will - (1d20+7)[10]
    Psychic damage if hit - (1d6+5)[9] and if he doesn't die he takes -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn.

That's all also assuming, of course, that no one else wants to kill him before I get the chance. I don't really mind if they do, though.

Edit: ...And I roll a 3 to hit. Nuts
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2008-12-02 at 11:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gnoryc

Seeing that one would get away, the gnoll runs after 'm swinging his flail and releasing a demonic giggle ...

Spoiler
    Show
    About temp hp: temp hp don't stack, so 3+3+3+.. = 3 temp hp
    and they are lost at end of combat, so it actually doens't mather much anyway.

gnoryc moves + charges (which I think would come in reach of the thief's shift + run) - especially since gnoryc has speed7.

Howling strike (as part of charge)
    attack (1d20+10)[29] damage (1d10+6)[13]+(1d6)[1]

edit: Booya, an other 19
    Last edited by qube; 2008-12-03 at 01:44 AM.

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

"Not so fast, punk." As Fargrim forced the thief into a bad position, the dwarf tries to hit him, using the small opening the thief creates when he tries to run others without Fargrim's martial training couldn't even perceive.

Spoiler
    Show
    I marked the thief, so Combat Challenge kicks in, giving me a melee basic attack as an interrupt, preventing the shifting if the attack hits.
    Attack roll (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage roll (Brutal 2) (1d10+6)[11]
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-12-03 at 03:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once the thug nearly hits, Jenobi's reflex kicks in and without even thinking, he uses his extra shift granted by Huron to step out of the way to the southeast. Then to further confuse the thug, he continues to shift southwest and west all while pulling out his shortsword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used the shift granted by Huron, then using Evasive Strike (enc) I can shift up to 3 more squares before the attack.

attack (1d20+9)[29]
    damage (2d6+4)[6]
    Random Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    "Yes, I'm sure a random pit into darkness would really brighten up my office back on Coruscant..."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The thugs isn't really that close enough to do any melee actions, I'm afraid, so only Jenobi's attack hit him

With a swish and a bolt, Jenobi strikes the bloodied thief in the arm, pinning him to a wall. He is no longer moving except for his dangling arm.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Huron looks grimly over the carnage they've left behind, and then walks over to the skewered thief, checking his body to make sure that he's dead and to see if there's anything worth taking from his corpse.

"Come on. Let's clean up the mess and head for the Mortuary."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to die."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gnoryc

somewhat calmed down from the adrenaline rush, the gnoll, searches for the culpret who destroyed a patch of his fur ... once found, he takes hold of his arm and in a short firm pull, rips it off ...

"lunch, anyone?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll pass.", Fargrim answers curtly, putting away his weapon and easing his stance. "Considering the part of the city we're in, the clean up will probably happen by itself." Fargrim helps nonetheless and follows afterwards.