New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Medieval Fantasy: Rise of the Free Companies

*Watching the antics of the Golden Helmeted target, Aeryn suppressed the desire to but an arrow through his goblet*

Here we go he muttered to himself.

Taking aim, he waits for them to get closer.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ioan
    Ioan had an Arrow Strung, and His Bow Bent at the first order of command.

On the First Order to loose, he had let fly a shot with the full power of his bow, It Arched High, and Came whitling down amongst the Nords, to Smash throw a shield, pucturing through it, though by ill luck not doing more than frighten the warrior relying on it's protection.

But, as the Nords Advanced, Ioan Began feeding his Bow, arrow after arrow arched out, climbing high to fall amongst the nords. Many would hit only bare ground, and they would suffice to disperse the nords, and break up their fighting order. Others still fell upon their shield, makeing them less wieldy, or pinning them to the weilders arms.

Some few still would find their mark, and penetrate the chain clad back of the nords, splitting the rings with the narrow point widening as it penetrated, and breaking the riveted bond.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Morrigan

Morrigan was with Raxila, about to charge into the heart of the Nord line, when the norsewoman came and ordered them back. He was straining at the leash now, fire in his eyes, and he made catcalls and gestures toward the Nords. As he watched the cavalry break and bloody their line, the laughed, banging his sword on his shield, and leaned back his head and howled like a highland wolf.

Come on ye wee bastards! Come an get a taste of steel if ye've got more bollocks than the women what bore ye! He grinned, winking at Raxila No offense, o' course.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Brandon

Sitting in the bushes he hears

Morrigan - Come on ye wee bastards! Come an get a taste of steel if ye've got more bollocks than the women what bore ye! He grinned, winking at Raxila No offense, o' course.

Yes, Brandon thought to himself, draw attention to yourself, be a target. When those Nords swing their swords and axes at you, chipping at your flesh and armor, I will be moving in behind them to plant Luck in their backs.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

5. - Top - End - #125

Heinrich

Pullng his helmet on, the Swadian lifts his poleaxe from its sling across the saddle tucking deadly weapon under his arm. Hefting his shield up into position with his left hand he grabs the reins once again, and whips his horse around to face the enemy.

Spurring the steed on to go faster he links up with the other cavalry just in time to slam into the wall of human flesh, he heard the satisfying crunch of bone and the screams of men as they experienced the full force of nearly one ton of horse and rider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Raxila

Raxila just grins at Morrigan and taps her hat. "Uf kourse not. Hy hef more bollocks ten de vole uf dem kombined. Und don' chust giff dem a taste uf schteel - giff dem de vole blade."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

*Watches as the Nords come into range*

Almost....just a little more....

*Suddenly, he stands and shoots. A Nord who moved his shield slightly too far takes an arrow to the chest, piercing a lung. A few seconds later, the Nord standing next to him takes an arrow in the throat.*

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Olin Scott

Olin smirked and waited almost indolently, seeming rather unimpressed by the Nord's display.

"What a truly ugly bunch, wouldn't you say?"He said sidelong at Raxila as he stepped up beside her, his Boar-Spear pointing forward, the sharp, long bladed tip lowered to the ground.

He whistled softly, and reached down, lifting some of the dirt from beneath his feet, and crumbling it loosely between his fingers. A few low grumbles came from his feet, and then shot away towards the Nords.

The barbarians soon found their feet slipping, or being nudged at the last moment. Shields tilted and arrows found their marks more easily, or perhaps one tripped into the path of a rushing horsemen rather than leaping away.

Of course, not many on the battlefield would see the tiny spirits, each up to a Nord's knees, and quite happily tackling or shoving at thick, muscled Nord legs, a few even clambering up and undoing shield straps and the like.

There were about half a dozen of them, each the same dusky brown of the earth under their feet. Many wore headdresses of the tall grass, and one or two sported small, sharp swords crafted from the little rock that could be found in the area.

"See?they cannot even keep formation. We will have to teach them the benefits of proper military leadership, shouldn't we Madam Vjarna?" He said smoothly, watching the fighting going on amiably.
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

9. - Top - End - #129

Ioan
    The Nords drew ever closer, despite the confusion of a cavalry charge, and the ever increasing death toll from the deadly arrow fire, they came on still.

Ioan Drew his bow, again and again, Rapidly loosing arrows into the foe. His Arrows Smashed Aside Armour, Split Chain mail and Broke Bone, Punctured shields and skulls alike.

But he was amazed to watch Aeryns shots from the corner of his eye. The Hunters Bow and the arrows it spat with a wicked crack of sinew and composite materials, would never have the shear power of Ioan's bow. But Every Shot winged out with deadly accuracy, the neck joint, the exposed thigh, the eye socket of a helm.

It was an amazing feat of archery, but still the Nords came on, despite the casualites the archers inflicted on them.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Raxila

As the Nords came forward, Raxila roared out a Rhodok battle cry and leapt forward, sword swinging in great arcs and shield raised. She slammed her purple shield into the face of a Nord warrior while she slashed across the chest of another.

As the Nords slammed into the ranks of the caravan warriors, Raxila fought three or four Nords at a time; slashing, bludgeoning, biting, kicking. "Kome on! Fight like men, hyu trice-demed Nords!"

However, her back was dangerously exposed as she forged ahead through the Nords.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

*Aeryn tried to keep an eye out for his fellows, but in the Chaos it was difficult. At least once he had to shoot some Nord that was going for Raxila's unprotected back.*

That fool woman is going to get herself killed if she's not....
    *Aeryn spots the gold helmed Nord within range. Quickly, he looses an arrow not to kill, but to cripple for possible capture. The Nord screams in pain as an arrow penetrates his knee, breaking the knee-cap.*