New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan, thread VI, Wyrd Snarksters

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Let me state your question in more general terms: Are there members in either the First or Second Caste that anybody above Fourth Caste would not do? Exceptions made for the women, because Szark is gay.
    Oh yes. Clearly, the Deegan family is not into incest, so much of the First Caste would not partake. Luna is the chosen of Dominic, so no other of the First Caste would oppose His Will.

Spark is also uninterested in non-cats. Except for Quilt. Quirk forever!

In the Second Caste, you have some choices, to be sure, but none of them are promiscuous. In fact, they only have sex with their OTP (until Mookie changes it) and are only interested in such sexual contact.

Third Caste... mostly non-sexual.

Rachel (in addition to developing a back problem) is the only promiscuous character (after Celesto) still around. Szark used to be promiscuous (and bisexual), but after becoming Gay for Dominius, he only seeks discrete relationships with 5th Caste members.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Take heart Raz...you're not alone out there. I like the comic but appreciate a good snark as much as the next guy.
    "Once you go scaly, you'll be back daily!"

Self-proclaimed scaly minion of the Nameless Cleric fan club.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know if I have the right to speak for everyone, but I would suggest that the majority of people in this thread enjoy Dominic Deegan at least a little. I myself am interested in seeing where the story is going.

We may attack its faults, but at least Dominic Deegan is readable. There are some truly awful, awful webcomics out there on the Internetz, and not even the power of snark can match the pain derived from reading them.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-10-29 at 11:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

In this strip, we find the answers to two questions:

1. How much larger can Rachel Hart's boobs get?
    2. How much more can Mookie self-parody without actually being funny?

The answer to both is "without limit."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near Order of the Stick or Girl Genius - probably a little under The Wotch.
    I'd honestly put Deegan under The Wotch. Despite all of its shameless fetish feeding, despite the fact the main characters are named after the author's handles, despite the fact that it's poorly-drawn, despite the fact that its myth arc is going at a snail's pace, despite its inexcusably bad update schedule, despite the fact that plot points I'm actually interested in are ignored in favor of throwing out as many fetishes as possible, The Wotch manages to at least be funny and has some supporting characters I like that are still around. DD is rarely funny on purpose anymore.

I actually liked Spark, Quilt, Gregory, Donovan and Bumper. I groaned at any of their puns, but those characters actually had a likeable personality and a sense of humor. I laughed out loud at Detective Quilt several times in the Oracle Hunter arc. I was actually glad that I had read DD for the antics of Gregory, Quilt's lovable idiocy and Donovan's pink coat.
    I did love Spark, and in all honestly I think his presence in the strip had a major effect on quality. The earlier, better strips had him in abundance. The later, weaker strips had him around less. He was notably NOT present for the Wall Bangers. Spark wasn't around for orc rape, Supergreg, He-Dom, or the entirety of the vacation arc. Heck, he was in the Shadow of Siegfried arc, but still wasn't present in the scenes where Mookie went around butchering his character's personalities. I really think there's a definite correlation between Spark's presence and the quality of the strip.

And Quilt's acting as detective WAS pretty darn funny, and definitely one of the better parts of that arc. Unfortunately, we just don't get enough of him or Spark.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Update. Check and mate, Trazoi.

Hurray for alcoholism!

In all seriousness, this thing with Rachel dressing up Celesto as a catboy was really dumb. Not just because it's wallbangingly silly ... but because it involved dressing Celesto as a catboy after the sex had taken place.

Seriously, if that was her kink, why didn't she say "Put on the ears" prior to screwing him?
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-10-30 at 02:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    Update. Check and mate, Trazoi.
    Hey, as long as someone's posting the references then it's all cool.

I'm not entirely sure what the whole point of Celesto being in Lynn's Brook was all about, unless he was specifically there for Rachel. Confusing.

In terms of archive trawling - I'm up to the end of the Two Thief arc today. So far it's been reasonable after the Wall in Hell was over.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what the whole point of Celesto being in Lynn's Brook was all about, unless he was specifically there for Rachel. Confusing.
    We'll probably find out relatively soon. But when did that ever stop rampant speculation?

Personally, I believe that it's a case of "I must become my enemy" on Celesto's part. You know ...

Celesto: To defeat my enemy, I must study my enemy, then become my enemy, then move in with my enemy, then wear my enemy's clothes, then sleep with the same dumb whores that my enemy has slept with, then ...
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-10-30 at 02:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819

GnomeWizardGuy

Celesto: To defeat my enemy, I must study my enemy, then become my enemy, then move in with my enemy, then wear my enemy's clothes, then sleep with the same dumb whores that my enemy has slept with, then ...
    So in the near future Celesto will start smoking and adopt a talking cat? I approve. It means we'll get another Spark.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Or it could just be Celesto's way of circling ever closer to actually sleeping with Dominic. Just watch: in the next few strips we'll see Celesto visiting a whorehouse and asking for a hooker with glasses and wooden teeth.

Celesto: Oh, and get a scarf. No, no ... put it on ... slowly.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-10-30 at 03:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #821

GnomeWizardGuy

It could work.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

It could work.
    Yet another soul "guided" into the loving embrace of our Lord Dominus.

Blessed is the Dominus, for he is our Saviour. Hallowed are his teachings.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-10-30 at 03:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why does every character in DD resort to drinking to solve their problems?

Could it be because Mookie is an alcoholic, and also a terrible writer who gives every character his own character traits instead of giving each character their own traits?
    a secret to everybody.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Update.In all seriousness, this thing with Rachel dressing up Celesto as a catboy was really dumb. Not just because it's wallbangingly silly ... but because it involved dressing Celesto as a catboy after the sex had taken place.

Seriously, if that was her kink, why didn't she say "Put on the ears" prior to screwing him?
    I think she wanted to do it a second time, that's why she called "you're not man enough" after him, thinking that he just resisted the allure of her and the fur because he couldn't get it up .

Simon

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    There are three ways to solve a problem in the Dominion:

1. Cake.
    2. Booze.
    3. Begging for Dominic's guidance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

You forgot Mavpel Candy, and sleeping with Rachel Hart.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

17. - Top - End - #827

Mavpel candy, no. It's Lord Dominus' fuel, there are no documented instances of people partaking in mavpel candy unless sharing a mavpel feast with the Dominus.

Casual sex doesn't solve problems in itself, it just relieve from stress. You can see from the last two panels of today's strip that Rachel isn't enough.

Compare with Arcangelo angsting about his dead friends. He begged the Lord Dominus for guidance, and obtaining this sibylline answer:
    "You killed your friend but you didn't kill them because you were overcome by hellish magic that you resisted to."
    The problem is magically solved. Rationally, it made no sense at all; but the Lord Dominus intervened and so the problem is no more: a magic solution.

18. - Top - End - #828

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Casual sex doesn't solve problems in itself, it just relieve from stress. You can see from the last two panels of today's strip that Rachel isn't enough.
    The last two panels?! What are you suggesting happened between Rachel, Gregory and Dex in those ten elapsed minutes?

19. - Top - End - #829

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post

Could it be because Mookie is an alcoholic, and also a terrible writer who gives every character his own character traits instead of giving each character their own traits?
    Given Mookie's whopping reverence of The Holy Beer I suspect he one day aspires to be an alcoholic. Thus I don't think its his terrible writing skills manifesting as giving his characters his traits, but rather he's such a bad writer that he can only think of one 'vice'.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

I actually chuckled at the last panel today.
    "Something to Forget my Troubles...
    And make it...Double
    "
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ettin in the Playground

Plotwise he's probably there to explode more people Dominic hates in another stupid attempt to become Dominic's friend. WHY HASN'T HE LEARNED THAT THIS WON'T WORK???
    Also, why did Mookie advertise "spookiness"?

22. - Top - End - #832

The last two panels?! What are you suggesting happened between Rachel, Gregory and Dex in those ten elapsed minutes?
    Picture the worst thing you can imagine, and then make it worse.

23. - Top - End - #833

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    I actually chuckled at the last panel today.
    "Something to Forget my Troubles...
    And make it...Double"
    Oh no, now I get the reference. Are there no depths to which this madman (Mookie or Skenardo, take your pick ) will stoop?

This is probably going to be a very, very strange question, but is there a webcomic equivalent to... I'd better spoiler it for not-particularly-child-friendly language...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...blue-balling?

For some reason I was enjoying the build up of the last week or so - Gregory and Dex were on a crash course with Celesto, with old family friend Rachel Hart stuck in the middle, and I expected something to happen. It was either going to be a great big fight where someone was going to die in an amusing explodey way, or it was going to be a brilliant Wall Banger on par with a crying Spellwolf.

But no. Celesto walked off and no one even though to ask why the crazy lady was yelling at him, let alone do anything amusing. So much build up, and no pay off...

I'd probably best quit that analogy before I upset a Moderator, so I apologise for that. Seriously though, ANYTHING could have happened and it would have been better than this!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, wait, wait.

Is Greg naked in panel 6?

And what exactly were Greg and Dex planning to do when they got to Rachel's? Rock Paper Scissors for who goes first or a threesome?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Wait, wait, wait.

Is Greg naked in panel 6?

And what exactly were Greg and Dex planning to do when they got to Rachel's? Rock Paper Scissors for who goes first or a threesome?
    Greg is wearing the same shirt I think. There's a line at the shoulder and the neckline is just far down for some reason. I know it's hard to tell. As for their plans, I'm not sure what it was.

It looks like Mookie is still going with his "make a plot only to strangle it in the crib" pacing from the vacation arc. It's a shame since something could have happened.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Man, Gregory is the least convincing muppet in the entire strip. "Aw hell, Rachel. I'm so sad" indeed

Anyhow, I'll just wait here until Mookie gets around to explaining why Celesto was in Lynn's Brook. I'm sure it'll be... awesome?

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

"I feel like I should've known that guy. Huh, maybe I should ask Rachel what his--

Waaah! Waaahaaaahh! I'm so saaaaahaaaaad!"

I must say, if Fangly's theory is correct and every Dominion Ape can love only a projection of itself, Greg and Jayden would be a perfect match.

Right now, at least. I mean, who knows what they're gonna be like tomorrow?

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing Gregory cry makes me feel angry.

29. - Top - End - #839

Is it just me, or are the faces in todays comic particularly hideous?

And whats that weird thing on the wall on panel 7? Kind of looks like the wall has an outter belly button or something...

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Gregory cry makes me feel angry.
    Y'know, we cite that trope, like, every other week. Someone really should throw some examples up on the trope's page.

Honestly, Mookie is awful with both dialogue and art. Even his Rachel is going downhill.

Look at panel 5. Compare with this.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    And whats that weird thing on the wall on panel 7? Kind of looks like the wall has an outter belly button or something...
    I... I thought it was a couch cushion. But looking at it closely fills me with a mixture of terror and revulsion. Maybe that's where all the nipples went
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2008-10-30 at 01:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad