New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Heroes-Freeform

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes-Freeform

Denver

Denver managed to get nothing more than a reluctant "Morning" from the now-helpful people he encountered as he got his head cleared. He'd need his best wits about him if he wanted anything of value without much effort.
    He looked around himself.
    There weren't too many people, which was both good and bad.
    Looking down the street, he saw a man coming his way with a cup of coffee and a head pointed straight down at it. "Worth a shot."
    Ducking back into the alley, he focused on the man, giving him thoughts aboutthe alley, a compulsion to investigate it... Look over there... what's that at the end? Something shiny... what is it?
    The man walked nearly past the alley, then, confused at himself, doubled back and walked slowly into it.

Denver grinned to himself at his cleverness, keeping the man steadfastly obsessed with a bit of rubbish on the ground as he knocked him soundly out.

The man had a decent sum of money, and Denver needed a wallet anyways. Denver compared watches with the man, and decided he liked this mans better. The coffee was, unfortunatley, spilled and wasted. Denver would have liked a cup of coffee.

Denver turned his attention to making people interested in the complete other side of the street. Let them forget that man came this way, as he left down a side alley.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Caleb runs up the building, where he sees a trail of blood. Following it, he seesa girl next to a ouddle of blood, Her pants are in tathers, and it looks as if she has no legs under them, and it seems the blood trail comes from her pants. Painted in blood about her is a rose. Standing over her, his fingers in her blood, is man of Mexican descent. Upon further inspection Caleb sees that he has a five o'clock shadow, short curly hair, where's khaki shorts, and is shirtless, exposing his back, showing off his tatoo of a painting canvas, and a mezican flag tatooed onto his left arm. Caleb recognizes him as the serial killer from T.V.! He lookes up at Caleb and the janitor, and smiles, and goes back to drawing the rose with her blood, completely undisturbed.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Sister Josephine

Josephine had received the page and was tending to the bleeding patient. Working quickly and humming a small hymn, she applied pressure, drained excess fluid, and tried her best to save this patient without calling upon the forbidden fruit. She didn't have access to the news, so she had no idea what happened, merely thinking it to be the result of violence in the world.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon

A young man stepped out of the door of the large airport, looking around before taking a moment to make a call on his cell phone. Glad he had found a cab agency that took calls for rides, Jon waited by the curb for his ride. Adjusting his slightly odd looking orage sunglasses (fairly normal shape [squares, just big enough to cover the eyes], but think more Kamina from Tengen Toppa Guren Lagan than Gendo Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion) Jon squinted his eyes a bit at the sunlight. Making sure his coat was closed, he held his hat with one hand, and travel bag with another.

After a short cab ride to his hotel, one of the better ones in the city, he took to walking around a bit, seeing the sites. He wasn't a huge fan of city downtowns, but it was New York after all. He had to do some site-seeing. He was just glad he had rolled his curiousity trip into a business trip.

'Badger & Badger...kind of and odd name, but so's every other law firm...Maybe I can finally get an East Coast branch of my company going...'

Feeling curious, he stopped outside an older hospital across the street from a halfway house. Thinking for a minute, he felt charitably inspired.
    Going inside, he walked to the front desk, smiling politely to the receptionist there. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a man with a bleeding leg being taken into the ER by a nurse in a nun's hat. "Ah, yes, pardon me. I was wondering, would it be possible to talk with your hospital manager, or whoever handles donations? I'm interested in doing so, and would like to discuss the options. I have necessary identifications, if you wish."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2008-10-19 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Clarity
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #35

Alexander arrives in New York, taking a well deserved vacation, trying to take his mind off of his powers and the serial killer he is forced to admit his obsession with. His bag doesn't arrive at the luggage check in. Typical. He files a claim, then gets a taxi to his hotel. He pays the taxi driver and hops out, checking in at the desk and getting his key. He doesn't bother going to his room yet, as he wants to get out and he doesn't have any baggage. He decides to go for a walk, and take a look at the area...
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Solomon

*bang* *bang*

what was that? sounded like gunfire coming from that bank over there. best not to get involved, although it could be interesting, I'll wait here and see what happens

A bit later Solomon sees the police pull up in force and continues to wait.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aurethius View Post
    *ker snipity*
    Micheal examined the obviously Russian man approaching his kiosk. He began the time old ritual of smiling for the customer... thi lasted all of ten seconds when he saw the men pull out their guns, and his face went through the following stages .
    Well. hes sure as hell not going to get fired simply because some DIP****S decided they felt they wanted to rob his work place today. Honestly, if this is what America is like he would have just simly incienratd the folks in front of him before heading out back to Ireland... But Micheal knew that he would have been interested, and their would have been questions if he just up and inceinrated them without some logistics.
    Thus pullling out his lighter (which he owns for obvious non smoking reasons.) he began to opened the drawer of his kiosk discreetly hoping to find the giddy little blonde from next shifts hairspray, or even something else liquidly flammable.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    As the doctor opens the door, the last things he sees before he is shocked with 5,00 volts of electricity (This correct for a stun gun?) Is a one atrmed man in a businesss suit with red hair, and a stoic, solemn face.
    Dr. M's last thought is "How the hell'd they find me?" and then he goes down with a thump.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

When the doctor wakes up next, he is in a concrete room, with a bed attached to the room, so it can't be moved. There are no windows, but a door in the front with glass that one could peer through. Ten feet above the ground, there is a vent that one might be able to squeeze through, if they opened it up and could reach it.

10. - Top - End - #40

Michaël

When he finally heard about the hurricane warning in New Orleans (He is a student, after all, and a rather unobservant one at that), the first thing he did was get his swimming suit ready. The student heads outside, leaves a message to the reporter in charge of interviewing him later:

"I'm going into the hurricane. I'll swim the waves at 'given location'. Be there with a camera or be square, old man!"

He then dashes out of the house and will head for the nearest beach, looking for big waves to dive into.

"Now this is what I call a challenge..."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-10-19 at 11:01 AM.
    A Revenant

11. - Top - End - #41

BardGuy

The reporter, arriving at Michael's house found the message, and became worried for the boy he was supposed to intterveiew, and contectedthe national guard about him going to the beach.

As Michael strode up upon the beach, he was swept up by a sudden wave, and carried out by a dangerous rip tide, about fifty meters away from shore.

12. - Top - End - #42

As Michael struggles against the waves, he focuses suddenly, his lungs exhale all his air and his gills on the sides of his neck open, he dives deep into the water, his webbed toes opening up, he beats his legs and picks up speed, trying to go against the current, if he can't, he will go upwards and dolphin jump in the air, trying to give his reporter something to see.

And even as he was swept away, the only thing the young man could think of was: "This is just awesome! I'm going to become rich and famous!"

And as the tides sweep him back and forth, the careless young man tries to stay at a reasonable distance of the shore, using the hot and cold currents beneath the waves.
    A Revenant

13. - Top - End - #43

Damn. Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn. This wasn't supposed to happen. He covered his tracks, he made damn sure everything he did was either unseen or anonymous or the stuff of legends, like Big Foot and the Chupacabra and the Loch Ness Monster and such.

HELLO?! Is someone there? Where am I?!

As an after-thought, the doctor glances down at himself, wondering if his clothes are white enough to go transparent.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #44

Devil

Sister Josephine

"That is very kind. Please talk to the main receptionist. I am afraid I must help this patient." Josephine did not look up, merely continued to help the wounded man.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: Um, I thought I was talking to the receptionist. I'll reword my post.)
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #46

BardGuy

After the doctor's outburst, the door to his room opens, to reveil and asain man, about 5'1", with close cropped hair and a buusiness suit. Seeing the doctor, he spoke up and said, "Hello, doctor. You have been brought in because of your abuses of your power to turn invisible. Such abuses we here at the company do not look lightly on. Now, I am here to interview you. Folow me if you will." He gestures out into the hall outside, and adds with a wink, "Oh, and don't think about turnign invisible. It won't work with me around."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

In the gym, Zed stands in front of a massive sand-filled punching bag, he slowly arcs his arm back, then thrusts a flat palm into the bag in the blink of an eye, sending it in a 360 around the supports bar. As it comes at him from behind, he delivers another blow to it with his elbow, causing it to come flying back around before stopping it with a lighter strike than before. He takes a drink from a nearby water bottle. After his "little warm up" he enters the ring and throws off his coat, revealing a slender, yet tone frame. He enters what appears to be a meditative stance as he faces his opponent.Whenever you're ready.
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-10-19 at 12:48 PM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

18. - Top - End - #48

The doctor follows, wondering what kind of twisted nightmare he's stepped into, not sure whether to believe he's really where he is. They couldn't know...couldn't possibly know...it was his secret, his most carefully guarded advantage over the rest of the world, how could they know?

Turn invisi...Is this some sicko's idea of a joke?! Who the hell are you, and what's to stop me from calling the cops right now?

He reaches a hand for his pocket as a warning, where presumably he'd keep a cell phone, hoping desperately that he hadn't taken it out of the pants pocket while unpacking or that they (whoever "they" were) hadn't taken it from him.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-10-19 at 12:45 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #49

BardGuy

Looking as the doctor looked for hsi cll phone, the small asain man let out a small chuckle, and said with a small smile, "Please, do not think us incompetent. Of course we took any thing that could help you contact the outside. And even if we did't, they would be jammed by...one of us. Now, please follow me, and I will answer your questions."

20. - Top - End - #50

Dr. Walker's eye twitches a bit, and it slowly sinks in just how screwed he probably is. He follows nervously after the Asian man.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #51

Mortimer

Morty Roth arrives in New York, having just taken a long driving trip in a rental from Seattle to the big city. He didn't know if his strange new magnetic powers could somehow set off metal detectors, and he didn't want to risk it. Reserving a room for a hotel, checking in and getting his key and all the necessary things he needed from the hotel, Morty decides that he doesn't want to go to his room just yet. He goes for a walk around what he's heard is the worst parts immediately around his hotel. Perhaps he could find worthless, chaotic, and greedy criminals there. As he walks, he subtly uses his magnetic powers to slowly drag ferrous objects on the ground towards him.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

22. - Top - End - #52

BardGuy

As the doctor and the Asain walk through the hallways, they finally come to da door. opening it, the Asian motions for the doctor to enter, after which he follows suit. In the room is a table, with chairs on either side. Each of the surronding walls are covered by glass mirrors, except the wall with the door, which was bare concrete except for the ehavy metal set door with a window in it. The cieling was blank concrete, with florescent light ahnging down. As the pair sits down in their seats, the Asian begins to talk, saying, "I know this must be very unsettleing, being found out you were. However, you must understand that we did this for your own good, as well as the good around you. Though you may not know it, you are not the only one with powers. I have the power to null out others, and there are many others in the world like us. I work for a company that is specifically geared, for dealing with people like us. Do you have any questions?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Jason
    The Jason who was playing WoW got up to leave, he hadn't been there very long. He just wasn't into it today, walking back to another who worked at a gas station. He would absorb them and problem solved. When he arrived though he found blood on the ground which he hastily cleaned up. As he got rid of the evidence his manager pulled up. With a big box of cigarettes, what day of the week was it? He forgot but he must have gotten very lucky today.
    Last edited by Vossik; 2008-10-19 at 02:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

There's quite a long pause, in which Malcolm quietly stares down at his hands, which he rubs against one another nervously. Something vaguely resembling remorse and guilt creeps into his head for a moment, before being shot down by the much more pressing matter of his current crisis. He's feeling a bit like a cornered animal, fighting back the urge to lash out against this man in some way.

I...are you...is the company going to have me arrested?

The doctor looks over the man, trying to get a rough idea of whether he'd be able to take him down. He'd done it before, killing people, that is, but all of them were horribly disadvantaged, and it was never any harder than lifting a finger here or failing to lift one there.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-10-19 at 02:23 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

So this Zed hasn't ssuch a beginner after all. Slowly stepping towards him, Samuel raised his arm and punched at Zed, easily betraying his intentions. Ya!
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

26. - Top - End - #56

BardGuy

The Asian smiles, and says, "Well now, that depends on you. You see, there is a muderer on the loose. I believe you've heard of him? He has powers, like us, and has managed to escape us. However, with someone of your...unique...skills, we believe we could find him. Are you up to it?"

27. - Top - End - #57

He had, in fact, heard of the individual, but his power was fading away, not finding people! And they found him pretty easily, why can't they deal with this one themselves?

How do you expect me to find him if you can't?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #58

BardGuy

The Asian continues to smile, as he explians, "He has an ally, you see, known as Ghost. He can turn them invisible, making it hard to catch them. However, we have learned from a former agent named Claude invisible peoplecan see other invisible people. This is where you come in."
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-10-19 at 05:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Sometime last night when he'd been using his powers, Heath fell asleep. He woke up the next day, the large potted flower sitting on his nightstand. He squinted at it, thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

30. - Top - End - #60

Michaël

After a few moments in the waves, Michaël decides to go back to the beach. He had been unable to last very long at all in the tumultuous waves. When he reaches shore, he then gets his things ready and goes back home.
    A Revenant