1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes-Freeform

"Your in New York this week, correct?"
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon blinks a moment at the seemingly random question.
    "I am. Right now, in fact. I'm at a small hospital downtown (OOC: or whatever)."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #153

"Well I happen to be in the city at the moment as well, I was wondering if you felt like grabbing dinner later."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Fine with me. Any place or time in particular? If you're bored, you can meet me where I am now; otherwise...hm. Which hotel are you at?"

5. - Top - End - #155

"Waldorf Towers, one of the Historic Suites. The Plaza was booked solid and it was this 5,400 square foot monstrosity or a regular guest room. And yes, I am pretty bored at the moment. I'll meet you at the hospital in a bit, I don't have anything better to do at the moment."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon gives Solomon the address, then says, "..Wait, Waldorf Towers? Me too. Weird. Small world, huh. Course, I'm in one of the less-fancy rooms. Comparatively speaking, I suppose. I was going to have them give me a tour; I'm thinking of donating some to this place, and I wanted to get a feel for what's needed. I'll wait to start until you get here. How long do you think you'll be?"

(OOC: Sorry, I don't know New York, or its hotels, that well, and I find the irony amusing.)

7. - Top - End - #157

As he is speaking Solomon flags down a cab and gives them the Hospitals name "Oh, the cab driver says 5 miniutes or so. I still have some money left to give away this year from that charity endowment I set up a few years back, and a hospital is a good enough cause I suppose. Care to meet me in the lobby?"

After about 5 miniutes the cad pulls up in front of the hospital and Solomon heads into the lobby after paying the cab driver.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon begins walking back to the manager's office. "Sounds good to me. See you in 5."
    Walking back in, he turns to the manager and says "sorry about that, it was a business associate and friend. He's coming here, and is actually also going to donate. We'll just take our tour together, if you could have whoever will guide us be in the lobby in 5?"
    Five minutes later, Jon is checking his watch (a simple $20 affair with a cheesy silver Batman symbol on a plain black face), when he sees Solomon walk in. He smiles as he greets his friend.
    "Solomon! Good to see you man! No trouble on the ride over? Our guide should hopefully be here shortly...I hope." Jon smirks sarcastically at his last sentence, and turns, looking for an obvious guide. He stands out rather noticeably, with his duster draped rakishly on one shoulder, hat in his other hand, tapping against his leg. He looks like a cowboy plopped down in the city.

(OOC: Sicarius, if you want, we can have a random guide, or you can do it. Like I said in OOC, I figure this is an hour or more after we first walked into the hospital. Tippy, we can talk while we wait.)

9. - Top - End - #159

Solomon smiles and says as he looks around "Nope, got a good cab driver. So why did you decide to donate to this place? And what are you doing in New York besides giving away money to random hospitals?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"To answer your second question first, it's a threefold purpose. First, I have a potential deal with Badger & Badger, a law firm, for some custom software orders. Second, I was going to, based on that, look into developing a second branch of the company out here. I want to get us a couple of divisions, so each one can focus on development for an area of the US. Gives us a more local feel, and gives us more potential revenue. Third, well...I've never actually been here before. I was going to do a touch of the tourist thing. Plus, you know my curiousity. There's all these rumors of strange goings-on of late. Thought I'd see what rumors floated around, especially in the, ah, "nerdier" parts of town."
    Jon makes air quotes around "nerdier", as best he can with his arms half full. His free hand (the one not holding a hat) starts to reach towards his head, seemingly to adjust glasses that are no longer there. It's an obvious habit that he's not quite broken yet.
    "As for the hospital...I dunno. Call it a gut feeling, call it a whim, call in the Lord's leading. I'm not a fan of big and flashy, and this place looked like it needed it anyways. These smaller hospitals always seem to struggle more..."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Jason
    Jason in the hospital starts up a fuss when he is caught trying to escape. Making duplicate at this point would just make another him with bullets wounds. He had to get back to a healthy dupe, it was probably time for convergence now. He knocked over a near by table with tools on it, and then pushed a person who had come to block the door out of the way and made a run down the hall for the emergency exit. It seemed that they replaced his blood which was a plus, but he was aware of the fact that the wounds could reopen.
    Last edited by Vossik; 2008-10-23 at 11:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Sister Josephine

Josephine usually worked past her shift caring for patients. It was a given in the hospital field. She never declared the extra time until the administration starting forcing her to do so, citing legal concerns. They then got angry at her for staying past shift, another liability concern, so Josephine declared her extra time as volunteering, under advice from the hospital's legal council, utilizing every loophole merely so she could work longer with the people she loved.

One of the nurses, now, had asked Josephine, who was off-shift, to cover a tour for a benefactor because she was swamped with paperwork. Since Josephine was admittedly terrible on the paperwork aspect of the business, she gladly took it over in return for all the paperwork she helped fill out.

"Are you the gentleman that are considering donating to the hospital?" The soft-spoken nun, still in her nurse scrubs, asked politely.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC: That works too. )

Jon smiled a the nun-nurse, holding out his hand to shake.
    "Yes, my name is Jon Michael, and this is my friend, Sol..."

Hearing the commotion, Jon turns to see the same man who came in wounded earlier trying to run out the hospital. Seeing the staff having a hard time catching him, he sighed, dropping his hat and coat, moving to intercept the young man. 'Probably a druggie or something; big cities always have too many crazies....'
    When the man reaches him, Jon attempts to peacefully grapple and subdue him, gently guiding him to the ground with a minimum of injury and fuss, holding him until orderlies can come assist.

(OOC: We can roll however you want with this, Vossik. )
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2008-10-23 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Responding to Sicarius

14. - Top - End - #164

"Badger & Badger? I dealt with their Hong Kong office when setting up that club over there, they seemed competent. As for setting up a different division based on geographic location, I would focus of specific tech or types of programs. And speaking of custom software, how much do you know about cell phones and encryption?"

Solomon cuts off as the nurse approaches and is about to introduce himself when a man who is apparently a patient of the hospital goes running by wonder what he's running from? and of course Jon will act as the good samaritan and stop him. letting him go would prolly be a better idea though he then shrugs and then continues to introduce himself to the nurse "As my friend was saying, I'm Solomon. It's a pleasure to meet you." Solomon holds out his hand to shake and then continues "Now what seems to be this mans problem?" indicating with the nod of his head the man Jon is attempting to capture.
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-10-23 at 12:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

(OOC: I am hoping to get out and just be a nameless youth. >.> Must... avoid... Tippy... and... the news/a call to mother.)

The youth struggles to break free of the one who had just forced him to the ground. I don't want to hurt you, man but I will if you don't get off me!"

16. - Top - End - #166

Devil

Sister Josephine

Sister Josephine, seeing the commotion, stands between the man and the door, and leans down so she could look him in the eye. "My child, your injuries wil open. You do not want that to happen, do you?"

17. - Top - End - #167

Solomon looks down at the youth after Jon tackles him and says to him "My friend is going to let you stand up, if you attempt to run he will just drop you again. And he has black belts in 4 or 5 different martial arts. So you hurting him is less than likely. And if it appears that you are about to hurt him I will get involved, and that will be an incredibly painful experience for you. So if you agree to stand up and discuss your desire to leave in a civilized manner, well that would be for the best. Agreed?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Jason

Thinking quickly Jason creates a clone who quickly absorbs his captured double and then uses the same trick to get past the nun and out the door.

(OOC: I had totally considered doing that Knight but then questioned if it would work out well or not.)
    Last edited by Vossik; 2008-10-23 at 12:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Easy now son, easy. I don't want to hurt, you; just let these nice people take care of you for a little longer, then...OOF!"

Jon suddenly grunts and lets go, falling slack to the floor. The punk had hit him in the nads!

'Pain! Suffering! Pain! Owie!'

He lays there for a moment, recovering his wits and curled in a ball, protecting his precious gonads.

Seeing the kid pull a clone trick, he thinks, 'Wait, double? I didn't think he hit me that bad. Ow! Still Pain! My Gonads! My precious jewels! That's it, I'm looking into body armor, including a cup, when I get home.'

(OOC:The infamous nut shot; Jon's still vulnerable to surprise, after all.)
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2008-10-23 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Reacting to Vossik's action

20. - Top - End - #170

what? there seemed to be two of him for a split second. ah well, he's not getting away until I find out why he is so insistent on running away.

As the youth breaks Jon's hold and runs for the door he abruptly falls, apparently tripping on his feet.
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-10-23 at 12:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Jason
    Jason stood up brushed himself off and then did his best to run away.

22. - Top - End - #172

Seeing Jon still on the ground Solomon quickly heads over and tackles the youth as he stands. "Seeing as you can't even run a dozen feet without falling, it's prolly not the best time for you to be running away from the hospital. Now I have you in a hold that you won't break, so why don't you tell me why you are running"

Solomon ups the gravity directly under the youth to several times normal and appears to be pinning him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Jason
    Jason grumbled, "I'd rather not have my mother know I got hurt you see? I also a bit of a previous engagement that I needed to be at about ten minutes ago. If that damn nurse hadn't called a doctor to stop me there would not have been any fuss, if you would kindly get off me now there won't be any problems. Otherwise you are about to regret your actions.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon finally shakes off the pain, growling slightly as he gets up.
    'This punk just earned a ticket to paralysis land.'
    Quickly walking over to Solomon and the punk, he reaches down, moving his hand deftly around his friend, and pinches and pokes several locations on the punk's body, rendering his limbs numb and rubbery.
    "Calm down, boy. Let's get you back to your room."
    Turning to the nurse, he smiled apologetically. "Sorry about the roughousing. He'll recover feeling in about 20 minutes; those were just temporary nerve strikes. Ah, here are the orderlies. We'll let them take the lad, and continue with our tour."
    Stopping a moment to pick up his hat and coat, Jon turns and asks, "In all the excitement, I don't believe I caught your name, miss...?"

(OOC: Remind me, is the nun-nurse wearing just a nurse's outfit, or does she have any nun gear on as well, to hint at the dual role?)

25. - Top - End - #175

Solomon stands and says "Well I would have let you go, but you don't need to run. Running attracts attention. But now you apparently pissed off my friend here, so I guess you get to complete your hospital stay. Oh, and a word of advice, don't make threats when you aren't in a position of power."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Jason
    Jason resigns himself to his fate for now, one of the two men who had stopped him had something special. He would wait for them to leave before trying again. The hospital still had nothing on him yet, and he wasn't sure how important a bit of street crime would be to the news. This was New York after all, he was worried about what the others might be thinking now though.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As the orderlies were taking the young man away, and the three were beginning their tour (Sicarius, just throw stuff in when you can ), Jon turned to Solomon.
    "Now, you were asking me something before the scuffle occured?"
    Of course, Jon remembered exactly what had been said. Like he remembered everything. But it paid to keep appearances up, especially in a semi-public place.

28. - Top - End - #178

"We can talk about it later. Let's get on with the tour."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon smirked. 'Typical Solomon.'
    "Indeed. Tallyho then."
    He gestured for the nurse to continue with the tour.

30. - Top - End - #180

Devil

Sister Josephine

OOC: Josephine is wearing nurse's scrubs. She is also wearing her nun's headpiece, so she's very obviously a sister. Also, as per hospital standards, she does have a nametag, which states: "Josephine Heller" but don't worry, no one checks those anyway.

IC: Josephine knew the man was lying. Hospitals never contacted parents unless the child needed an emergency contact. HIPAA was there to thank for that.

"I'm sorry that you had to bear witness to that. Let me show you around. Oh, my manners must be elsewhere today. My name is Josephine Heller." The young, attractive nun-nurse walked the men around the lobby and into the ICU. "I must ask you to refrain from reading any patient charts, for legal reasons. This is the intensive care unit, where our doctors treat our most critical patients." She looked at one of her favorite patients, a 14-year old renal patient who was frequently in and out of the hospital, and likely to be placed on dialysis soon.

"We should be very scarce here. This place is where patients are at their most critical." To emphasize her point, Josephine walked briskly and expected the two men to do likewise. "Next, we shall visit Pediatrics. The children there always need some more cheer in their day."
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-10-23 at 01:04 PM.