New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Heroes-Freeform

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Heroes-Freeform

Jon's coin stops mid-roll.
    "Are you sure about that agency? I mean, obviously you've not been "disappeared", but...you sound like you've seen or met these people, or found some information on them..."
    He's working hard, but Jon cannot fully hide the growing look of dull fear on his face.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Solomon smiles again and says "Well I know he planned on going public and that he disappeared. I know that all records of his existence were wiped out. I know that everyone there was a potential electronic record of him meeting is now dead. I know what capabilities one would need to carry out what I know has happened. And the only one with those capabilities that I know of is the government. As for me not being disappeared, you know how paranoid I appear to be. Well I'm actually far more paranoid than even I appear.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"...Which is pretty darn paranoid, considering I've considered you as or more paranoid than me, and I'm saving up to build a giant faraday cage under my house."
    Jon pauses, then does a facepalm with his coin-free hand.
    "Did I just say that out loud?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    As the doctor follows the trail, he comes accross three bodies, each of them lying in pools of blood. one is a girl with only her torso remaining, her pants seeeming flat, as if there were no legs there, and blood traling out the bottom., and the same goes for her long sleeve shirt, though the clothing seems to be tattered and cut. Another body is ina janitor's uniform, a black man who's hand is gone and his head severed, though their seems to be flesh where his left hand used to be, and the head does not look to be as though it was just cut off. Finally, the last, is a man in a suit, who looks as though he could be a lawyer. He has all of his body parts attached, but has a switch knife through the heart. around each of them is a painting of a flower, and it appears as if it was drawn in blood. You see no one else, but you here something.
    Ugh. Why do all serial killers always mistake themselves for artists?

Malcolm P. Walker shakes that thought out of his head for now, stepping back cautiously and then moving towards the source of the noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #245

Solomon smiles "Still saving up? Then you aren't as paranoid. And what do you have to be paranoid about? This room is shielded and swept for bugs daily, so feel free to speak."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon rolled his eyes.
    "You're not the only one who's always paranoid."
    Settling down again, he resumed rolling the coin along his knuckles.
    "Alright. So, we know of at least two people with unique abilities. One dropped off the face of the earth, and one doesn't want help. Beyond keeping our rears un-disappeared, do you have any further semi-specific plans? Anything I can help with? Besides the super-duper-secure phones, of course."
    His face turns pensive.
    "How easy is it to test a person for this kind of thing, do you think? Does it require blood? Skin, hair? Ugh..spinal fluid?"

7. - Top - End - #247

"Haven't the faintest idea how these abilities could be tested for, or whether its genetic or some mystical arcane magical power. As for my plans, keep my eyes open and thats about it. It places a serious crimp in any plans when you can't speak over the phone, search academic journals, search online forums, or even use any traceable electronic source at all. And while I find it interesting and intriguing it's not something that I have a massive need to worry about or investigate."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Eric gets impatient. He looks at his watch again and decides to look at the building himself. He walks inside the place as normal as he can.
    Pround Founder and Master Teamancer of the The Outstanding Banjo Teaparty Club!

Hate-a-miko-mancer of the Miko Anti-fanclub

Spoiler
    Show
    You can now make a will save.

Quote Originally Posted by Demented View Post
    There's a little part of every one of us that doesn't care exactly what we're humping.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    "Haven't the faintest idea how these abilities could be tested for, or whether its genetic or some mystical arcane magical power. As for my plans, keep my eyes open and thats about it. It places a serious crimp in any plans when you can't speak over the phone, search academic journals, search online forums, or even use any traceable electronic source at all. And while I find it interesting and intriguing it's not something that I have a massive need to worry about or investigate."
    Looking off at nothing, Jon asks quietly, "What would give you a greater need to worry about it?"

10. - Top - End - #250

"Well in order of importance: it being a threat to humanity as a whole. While certainly true, whatever agency has undertaken the task of disappearing these individuals has done a competent job so far and I'm unlikely to be able to add anything to their efforts. A threat to someone I consider a friend. Currently there are none that I know of. One of these individuals or the agency tracking them down pissing me off. It hasn't happened yet, but is always possible.

To be brutally honest I understand the position and logic is just disappearing everyone who shows these abilities, and especially those who want to go public or with more dangerous abilities. If it was my responsibility to protect this nation and the existence of people with these kinds of abilities came to my attention I would be doing the exact same thing, and perhaps going even farther depending on how far exactly they are currently going. If these peoples existence becomes public knowledge then you are looking at mass anarchy, riots, coups, religious wars, and generally everything referred to as the apocalypse. Not pleasant. And that assumes that you don't just get a nut job who can turn tap water into multi megaton fusion warheads and who likes blowing up cities."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Hm. I suppose, on the one hand, I can see the logic in keeping it quiet; you're right in that riots and such could likely occur. More because people, in the collective sense, are stupid. Typically.
    Abruptly, Jon stand up. "Catch." He tosses his medallion at Solomon, not bothering to see if he actually catches it. As he walks about the room, double-checking the door's lock, the drawn curtains, etc., he continues to speak.
    "Of course, way I see it, there's a difference between "keeping it quiet", and "disappearing people". I'd prefer this shadowy group simply explained the situation and reasoning to the special individuals, and only apprehended the actual threats. Otherwise, our country's thrown out some pretty base principles of freedom, and trying not to judge someone based on race and such. I'm pragmatic, but I'm still idealistic enough to insist some things aren't worth trading for safety. How long before the government designates other groups as worthy of just "disappearing", if this is allowed to wantonly continue? Perhaps not ethnic groups, but political or philisophical differences? Yeah. How about not."
    Jon stops after hanging up his hat, and emptying his pockets onto a handy coffee table or some such. He then removes his shoes, and begins doing some basic stretches.
    "Tell me, would your opinion change if you had a friend who had...abilities? Nothing so major as homemade water fusion bombs, of course. But something more mundane? Someone you knew and trusted, someone who had always stuck to their ethics and beliefs, someone who'd blatantly demonstrated their concern for their fellow man?"
    At this, Jon suddenly went over to Solomon's computer, and (assuming it has internet capability), pulls up...YouTube.
    "Here. I have something to show you, but I need your help. Find me a dance move, or martial arts move, that you've never ever seen me do; something totally outside any demonstration I've given before. Then just pull up the video, and it will all make sense in a moment."
    Jon gestures for Solomon to make the search himself.

(OOC: I'd say pick something like breakdancing, or something equally crazy.)

12. - Top - End - #252

Solomon catches the medallion and then says "How does one define a threat? But I seriously doubt that the government will just start disappearing random individuals. Disappear too many people and it will become public, there just is no way to keep it quiet."

On hearing Jons odd request Solomon starts searching youtube so he is one of us. it's the only thing that makes sense. well let's see what he's going to show me

Solomon then pulls up a brake dancing video.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As the video plays, Jon tilts his head slightly to the side, likely an unconscious habit. However, if you're watching closely, his eyes glaze over ever so slightly, almost like a grey haze. When the video finishes, he takes a moment to stretch once more...Then perfectly replicates the actions on screen. It's like a delayed mirror or some such.
    After he finishes, Jon slowly stands up, wipes his forehead, and says "Well, know you know part of my big secret. I've got...well, I call it, overall, "Total Memory". Part of it is that I can copy any physical action I witness. Sports, martial arts, playing an instrument, anything. So long as it's physically possible for me to do it, I can copy it. And with my perfect photographic memory, I can always do it. I currently know 5 different martial arts, in varying degrees of mastery, from learning for a few hours every weekend for the last several years. I've managed to seamlessly meld the styles thus far. I can memorize an entire book with one read through. Typically, I can understand the content fairly well. For example, I know several languages, and can speak them fluently, just from reading books."
    He stops a moment to smirk. "Not as flashy as making a water fusion bomb or the sort, but still not "normal" by any stretch. My memory's what's helped me be so successful at business. My physical copying has helped me get in better shape. Far as I'm concerned, this is a blessing and a gift; I'm still figuring out how to use it to live up to what I've been given. Hence why I'm so interested in your theories on this shadow group, and how to stay safe from them."

14. - Top - End - #254

As Solomon watches Jon he thinks an interesting ability. has some definite benefits.

"Interesting. That ability has some definite benefits. As for how to stay safe, that's simple. Just never, ever, come to their attention."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

*taps foot imaptiently*
    I would like a verdict on weather or not my guy with a masters is able to do what I've had him on for a week RL time.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    *taps foot imaptiently*
    I would like a verdict on weather or not my guy with a masters is able to do what I've had him on for a week RL time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In real life it would take years of work, millions of dollars worth of lab equipment, multiple doctors, and dozens of samples. It's simple not possible to do in days, weeks, or even months. Maybe if you had some relevant powers it would be possible (think Reed Richards level brain) but Michael doesn't have any mental improvement powers. And it's not even his field of study.

Even in the show Mohinder and his father were both doctors, and considered to be some of the best geneticists. And they still spent years working on it
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In real life it would take years of work, millions of dollars worth of lab equipment, multiple doctors, and dozens of samples. It's simple not possible to do in days, weeks, or even months. Maybe if you had some relevant powers it would be possible (think Reed Richards level brain) but Michael doesn't have any mental improvement powers. And it's not even his field of study.

Even in the show Mohinder and his father were both doctors, and considered to be some of the best geneticists. And they still spent years working on it
    Spoiler
    Show

And, I do it to advance sotry, but if its that impossible.
    *is whisked away*

Micheal deciding his project is hopeless, and would require him to wait for his son to finish it even if he had worked his entire life decides its a good time to have his yearly check up.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As Solomon watches Jon he thinks an interesting ability. has some definite benefits.

"Interesting. That ability has some definite benefits. As for how to stay safe, that's simple. Just never, ever, come to their attention."
    As Jon regathers his affects, he rolls his eyes slightly.
    "Well, yeah. I'm not going to have a copy-kung-fu battle out in the street. But I have to wonder...Does this supposed shadow group have some method beyond watching a whole bunch of news stories? Now that we're talking about it, I suppose my paranoia's increased..."
    Jon sits down a bit tiredly (it's been a long day!), and smirks.
    "You know, it's flashed through my mind more than once that, given a year or two more, I could totally be Batman. I'd have the money to get most of the gadgets, and the training would be a snap; a couple solid months, and I'd be a near-expert in all relevant fields. But...I dunno. Call it what you will, but I got the feeling that wouldn't be a good move, at least not right now. On the other hand...I can't help but feel that something is brewing. Three individuals with powers, all wildly different at that. One can easily theorise that there's more of us out there. More people waking up, finding themselves in a situation no one's been in. One of my worries becomes the government becoming more and more tempted to draft those with abilities, or at least abilities that could be useful to them. Or, heaven forbid, coming up with something to artificially induce powers into those who have none..."
    Jon is now once again staring off into space, a thoughtful frown on his face.

19. - Top - End - #259

Solomon thinks for a bit and then shrugs before saying "Well I assume that everything you say over a phone line or do online is being monitored by them. Along with all news stories of course. Beyond that I don't see how they could find people with abilities. As for being Batman, that's something that I guarantee would attract their attention and sorry, but you aren't rich enough or well known enough to be immune to disappearance. As for the government drafting those abilities, unlikely. Too hard to control. I can see people volunteering and offers of employment being extended, at least for the less risky powers, but forcing people to work for you tends to end badly. And if those people have powers, well it could be a quick way to end up with missing cities."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Solomon thinks for a bit and then shrugs before saying "Well I assume that everything you say over a phone line or do online is being monitored by them. Along with all news stories of course. Beyond that I don't see how they could find people with abilities. As for being Batman, that's something that I guarantee would attract their attention and sorry, but you aren't rich enough or well known enough to be immune to disappearance. As for the government drafting those abilities, unlikely. Too hard to control. I can see people volunteering and offers of employment being extended, at least for the less risky powers, but forcing people to work for you tends to end badly. And if those people have powers, well it could be a quick way to end up with missing cities."
    Jon rolls his eyes. "Like I said, it flashed through my mind; I never really seriously considered it." He pauses, and with a true nerd grin, says, "It would still be cool, though."

A more serious look comes to his face once more.
    "I suppose you're right about the draft. All this talk makes me more motivated to get those cell phone protocols done. Like I said, come morning, I'll make some calls. I do have a couple of guys who are really good with that. I'll be as generic as possible until I'm back there and can directly tell them the specs."

Jon gets up, looking as if he's about ready to leave, before pausing.
    "I suppose all my talk of Batman and doing stuff comes down to the feeling that I've got my abilities for a reason. I just don't know what yet. And it irritates the crap out of me. Ah well. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Catch you in the morning?"

21. - Top - End - #261

Solomon thinks for a bit and then says "Yeah, remember to talk to your lawyer and accountant about drawing up the paperwork for the donation."

should i show him, and if so how much? unlimited strength seems like a good enough ability. it could also cover super speed and long jumps if i have to make use of those. and it still leaves my most powerful abilities in reserve and with no one else knowing about them. i'll think about it, maybe tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Once more, Jon rolls his eyes. "I remember. Didn't I just mention my perfect memory?"
    He gives a casual wave over his shoulder as he walks out the door, hat on his head and coat in his hand.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So fast forward to morning? Unless you've got something in mind? Also...superstrength, superspeed, and big jumps. You realize, IC I'm going to make a "World's Finest" crack, right?

23. - Top - End - #263

Spoiler
    Show
    fast forwarding is fine with me but Solomon isn't going to mention super speed or super jumping, just strength. if he ends up having to use other abilities then he will have a plausible explanation (he never said that he could just make his hands super strong) and his paranoia is well known so it won't be surprising or suspicious that he held some knowledge back. And once that becomes known then its even less likely that anyone will think he is hiding anything else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I gotcha. Still, you know he'd start with the superhero cracks as soon as more people with powers start running around with our "merry little band".

Jon decided to sleep in the next morning, seeing as his meeting with the law firm had been pushed back at least a day. Something about trouble with their guy who usually did negotiations...
    After a leisurely start to his day, Jon decides to go to the hotel's dining area (aka, wherever the high-class version of "continental breakfast" is). Upon reaching the area, he quickly gets his food, and sits down to eat. Checking his watch, he decides to go ahead and make the calls he needs. The lawyer and accountant started immediately on the paperwork, saying the final version should be ready within the week. The employee he had picked to lead the phone project was...eager...after learning the gist of what was wanted.
    "...so yeah. I don't want to just say the details yet, but we're going to need a few hours for this. It could turn into a new market for us, even. Consider yourself approved to acquire any necessary resources for this project. You know I'll be double-checking your budget. Alright. Cool. Thank you. Yes, I'm sure you can have one when we're done. Goodbye."
    After finishing breakfast, Jon decides to try calling Solomon, not being sure if he's still in his room, or out and about in the city already. (Let's say it's about...9:30 AM local time.)

25. - Top - End - #265

After waking up at 7:30 and doing his morning exercises Solomon ordered an omelet for breakfast and was just finishing it up when his phone rang. "Yeah? K. I'll get a car and meet you in the lobby in a few miniutes."

Solomon then rings the concierge "Good morning. How may I be of service sir?""I need a car for the day, something sporty.""Will an Audi R8 be acceptable sir?""It would be perfect, could you have it delivered to the entrace in 10 miniutes?""Certainly sir. Will that be all?""Yeah. Thanks."

After hanging up he grabs his coat and heads down to meet Jon in the lobby, as he is getting off the elevator the car pulls up and Solomon just waves at Jon and heads to the valet. "Here are the key's sir." Solomon simple nods and takes the keys while handing the valet a hundred dollar bill. He then walks around to the drivers side and waits for Jon to enter before pulling away.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jon gives out a low, appreciative whistle. He climbs into the car, taking in the various automotive details.
    "Nice. I think I'll be upgrading my hotel package next time I'm here. So where are we headed now?"

27. - Top - End - #267

"Upstate, out of the city. I want to show you something."

About an hour outside the city Solomon pulls into a Homedepot and says "I'll be right back, need to buy a crowbar."

He walks back out 5 miniutes later, puts the crow bar in the trunk and continues north for another hour or so, until they are up in farm country. About 10 miniutes later they approach a secluded farm house and Solomon says "This is one of my many properties." He gets out of the car and grabs the crowbar from the trunk before saying "Come on." and leading the way to a barn.

Solomon walks into the barn and says "Catch." as he tosses the crowbar to Jon. "That's solid steel, correct?". As he asks Solomon walks over and takes the crowbar back.

He then says "Watch this." and proceeds to place the middle finger of each hand at opposite ends of the crowbar and then simple pushes them towards each other. The steel bends easily, apparently providing no resistance at all.

"Your not the only one who's special."

Spoiler
    Show
    I are sleepy so I is off to sleepy land.
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-10-28 at 02:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Heh. "One of my many"; careful, you might make me jealous." Jon gives a conspiritorial wink.

Jon hefts the bar. "Yeah, I'd say so. Certainly heavy enough."

Jon blinks. And blinks again.
    "Well, I suppose after seing a guy make a copy of himself, this shouldn't be that shocking, but still. That's rather impressive. You ever tried finding the, ah, limits of your strength? Or is it enough that that might attract attention?"

Jon looks at the crowbar curiously, trying to note the way the metal was stressed at the bend point, as well as seeing if there are indentations where Solomon's middle fingers were.

29. - Top - End - #269

Solomon simply smiles and places his palms on either side of the now circular metal before pushing his palms flat. He then folds it over and repeats the process again and again until the crowbar has been compressed into a small steel sphere about a half a centimeter in diameter. He then flicks the sphere directly at the floor and it penetrates straight down 6 inches into solid concrete.

"Limits? I've never found them. I can explosively weld pieces of metal together by simply squeezing them, and crush steel I beams down to a size smaller than the diameter of a human hair. I eventually reach a point where my problem isn't a lack of strength but simply an inability to grasp that small a material."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

For a moment, Jon is utterly speechless (treasure it now, folks).
    "....Wow. I am curious, what's the heaviest thing you've lifted?"
    He begins pacing around a bit inside the barn.
    "Hm. Logically speaking, if this strength is even throughout your body, rather than concentrated in your arms, I think it safe to assume you can leap a good distance. In fact, you may want to be careful if and when you test that...I'd be worried about you going too high. Your sprint speed's probably pretty good too, though that's not as direct a line of reasoning...I'm guessing you're at least slightly more durable? I mean, if you can casually hand huge pieces of metal without your hands being harmed as you compress them, I'd guess you are at least at the upper spectrum of human toughness."
    He pauses for a moment as he realizes something.
    "You said you've acheived welds by pure compression? YOu ever tried making your own diamonds? Just out of curiousity, mind."