New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Digging Up the Past

Vorton Saul

"That sounds wonderful, a day of rest after that long march will do us some good."

Vorton slowly stands to follow Tiberius.

"Certainly, but don't get any ideas now, I don't swing that way. Good evening Zern, Master Malrion."

As they walk towards the tent Vorton speaks quietly to the mage.

"Perhaps your guardian should remain outside on watch, our research is not something to be disrupted, now is it?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiberius nods curtly at Vorton's suggestion, and with a gesture of his hand Yorrick takes watch next to his tent while he and Vorton duck inside. Once they are inside, Tiberius reaches up to his neck and withdraws his true holy symbol (the silver one of Nerull) and flashes it once in Vorton's direction just as Vorton had flashed his, before returning it to under his robes.

"Normally I would never have been so hasty in revealing myself, but I may need some help with that damned paladin" he says, and waits to see Vortons' reaction, tensed to unleash offensive magics the moment Vorton shows signs of being shocked by the revalation.

3. - Top - End - #63

Vorton Saul

For a moment after the symbol of Nerul is shown Vorton does nothing, back straight and face impassive. Then, his posture relaxes and his face splits into a grin.

"That explains much, possibly including your silent bodyguard as well."

He seems to think for a moment before giving Tiberius a serious look.

"Though my religion isn't common, it has been given the benefit of the doubt by the triumvirate. You, on the other hand, risk much by showing me that. If it's a matter of hiding your true nature, I have a spell that can fix that, but I get the feeling that you are thinking of a more permanent solution."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As Vorton smiles, Tiberius visibly relaxes. "Indeed, while a spell would be appreciated, I was thinking about hopefully the most permanent solution. Would you be willing to help? I'll understand if you'd rather keep your nose clean, the paladinic orders are not people to mess with lightly, and as you say, yourfaith is not proscribed"

I'll need some help with the paladin, then I'll have to convert him or kill him...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Hilde

Meanwhile... or perhaps later, the lazy elf finally makes her appearance known back at camp, now sharpening and maintaining sword and bow (respectively) with more care and effort than one may have seen in her all this time.

It helped her not think too much about her findings, which were damned puzzling. And while she was not normally to pay mind to that, her natural curiosity had been gnawing at her. Should she report this? Make a mention? The leader of this expedition had a right to know but had he been here before? Was he waiting for this place to run out of traps, while he was keeping adventurers in tall supply?

She didn't know, as she worked to take a nick out of her steel. The only one she even talked to was that paladin... wherever she was now... She'd have to bring it up with someone though...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #66

BlackDragon

As the sun begins to set, the hired guards take up positions around the camp, and everyone else gathers at the campsite. The archeologists have all turned in for the night, but the diggers are gathered around several camp fires and are singing and drinking some obviously alcoholic beverages.
    Last edited by SenbonKageYoshi; 2008-12-14 at 11:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

BlackDragon

As the sun rises the whole campsite gathers around the cliff face as Malrion approaches. For nearly a minute Malrion stands before the rubble pile, gathering magical energy, then with a powerful incantation he casts the most powerful telekinesis spell any of you have ever seen. Easily hundreds of pounds of stone and earth lift into the air and float almost 100 ft before being dump over a nearby hillside. With the ruble removed a stairway can be seen descending into the cliff face. The stair way is approximately 20 feet wide and descends at least that far before it become shrouded in shadows.

8. - Top - End - #68

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Excellent." Tiberius says, rubbing his hands. "Let us descend, shall we? Guards first and last I assume?"

9. - Top - End - #69

Vorton Saul

"Wonderful, it's been too long since I did some delving. Fantastic spell, by the way," Vorton gives Malrion a short bow, "I can tell that this will be an interesting show."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I would be careful, this place is of dwarven quality, and you don't want to trigger its defences. But before we go, I just need a minute to get a sample of this stone. Though I would recomend you let me finish my examination of the wall."

With that, Hathor pulls out a hammer and chisel, and takes(or tries to take) a small chunk out of the wall. After that he does a more detailed examination of the wall(now that the rubble has been moved).
    Last edited by kentma57; 2008-12-29 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...

11. - Top - End - #71

BlackDragon

As the rubble settles nearly 50 ft away, 10 of the guards as well as all 5 archeologists gather near the newly revealed entrance way.

Hathor
    Spoiler
    Show
    No matter how hard you try to take a chip out of the wall you can not. You stop when you realize that you are doing more damage to your own tools then to the wall.
    A more detailed examination of the wall reveals that the wall is indeed an Adamantium and steel alloy, though you think that this must be only an overcoat. As an interesting side note, you do not think that an Adamantium alloy can be created non magically. You also find the evidence of murder holes around the entrance as well as arrow slits farther up the wall, some of which look large enough to fit a ballista behind.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How high up are these murder holes, does it look like I could fit through any of them, and how hard does it look to scale the walls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    As a druid, I have the right to bear arms, the right to arm bears, and I've killed men with my bear hands.
    Avatar by kpenguin, Teal'c rocks...