New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Breltarith - A Casual Game [IC]

Ranna lets out a curse, as she is shot. Brushing off the quarrels that pierce her armour, Ranna says under her breath, but loud enough for Grae to hear; "Time to dance."

Ranna charges the closest spearwielder, and swings at him with her scimitar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge move 50ft. -2 AC for charging. +2 AC for Expeditious Dodge. Cancels out.

Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]

Since they have spears; Tumble checks I need to make for whatever reason;
    (1d20+14)[17]
    (1d20+14)[32]
    Mobility = +4AC to AoOs. (For AC-22)
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Grae Myrmidon

Whistling the signal for help, Grae replies to Ranna, "Those two are yours, I'll take the others." He quickly covers ground and stops amid the three crossbowmen loading and swipes at one with his glaive. He keeps all three in reach so that he could take an attack of opportunity if one presents itself (including if they try to approach him to close in melee).

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

AC: 20 (due to 50'+ move & Expeditious Dodge and Skirmish AC)
    HP: 33

Fort: +4
    Ref: +6
    Will: +1

Spring Attack and maneuver to position.

Attack - (1d20+11)[26]
    GlaiveDamage - (1d10+8)[10]
    SkirmishDamage - (1d6)[3]

Hit AC 26, 13 damage
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-11-04 at 10:28 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Ranna closes with the spear-wielding bandits and swings, but her charge up the hill leaves her off-balance, and the bandit blocks her clumsy attack with his shield. Leering at her, the bandit thrusts with his spear, but Ranna uses the last bit of momentum from her charge to shift to the side, dodging the attack easily. Too late, Ranna realizes the other bandit has sidestepped down the hill to attack from her already-injured side, and the cold shock of steel across the side of her calf brings her back to painful clarity.

Grae's charge is a little more impressive, as he rushes up the hill on sprinter's legs, disemboweling the bandit in the middle with a brutal upward slash. The bandit, crossbow already reloaded, fires his final bolt before toppling over backwards down the hill. Grae, overextended from his wild glaive swing, is unable to move out of the way in time, and the bolt lodges in his femur with a thunk felt throughout his body. The other two bandits, aiming from either side, grossly underestimate Grae's speed, and the bolts sail harmlessly down the hill, lost somewhere in the grass and darkness. The bandits drop their crossbows and backpedal down the hill, drawing a dagger apiece to ward of Grae's fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranna: Misses attack. Bandit's return attack misses. Second bandit moves 30' in a half-circle, provoking no AoOs, and attacks from Ranna's side, hitting. Ranna takes 3 damage.
    Grae: Charges (only way to make it 80' up the hill and still attack). Attack hits, bandit reduced to 0 hp. Bandit takes 1 damage from firing crossbow, and is at -1. Bandit crits, dealing 10 damage to Grae. Both other bandits miss, drop weapons, and move 20' backwards while drawing daggers.
    Everyone else: 1 round until you can do stuff!
    "I was a great teacher. I didn't even tell the students to go f*** themselves or anything!" - John Smith
    My job requires frequent showering.

4. - Top - End - #34

PirateCaptain

Grae Myrmidon

Favoring his leg, Grae grimaces a bit as he maneuvers closer to the two remaining crossbowmen in a zig-zag pattern 'feinting' left and going right. Using his superior reach of his weapon, Grae swipes at the bandit closest to his wounded leg. He keeps both in reach so that he could take an attack of opportunity if one presents itself (including if they try to approach him to close in melee).

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

AC: 20 (due to 50' move & Expeditious Dodge and Skirmish AC)
    HP: 23/33

Spring Attack and maneuver back to position (moving a total of 50') for AoO.

Attack - (1d20+11)[16]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[9]
    Skirmish - (1d6)[1]

If needed:
    AoO - (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[13]
    Skirmish - (1d6)[5]

result: Attack hits AC16 and does 10 damage
    AoO: hits AC29 and does 18 damage

Also - I am a bit confused, for shouldn't Grae have gotten some sort of AoO from the bandits when he was amid them? Or was that cool description and their actions of shooting and retreating preceding Grae's actions due to initiative order?

What kind of armor are these bandits wearing? And what kinds of shields do they have?
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-11-06 at 07:17 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Swearing at her attackers - again. Ranna maneuvers herself so that one of her opponents in in between her and the other opponent. She lashes out again with her scimitar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble to avoid AoOs - if any; (1d20+14)[28], (1d20+14)[16]

Attack: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Edit: Really bad. Max damage on an almost crit-miss
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-11-06 at 07:41 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

6. - Top - End - #36

Grae zigzags down the hill in pursuit of the bandits, catching them with ease. His glaive thrust splits through his unfortunate target's boiled leather armor, leaving a wicked gash in his side that immediately begins leaking blood. The bandit stays on his feet long enough to wave his dagger at Grae threateningly, but he is skewered neatly through the chest as soon as he tries to circle around to Grae's back. The other bandit steps in as well, but Grae's quick reflexes allow him to dodge the attack easily.
    Ranna fares somewhat better, as both her attackers make their thrusts just as she drops to the ground. The spearpoints pass harmlessly overhead, but her attack cuts only air as well, leaving everyone involved a little embarassed.
    The rest of the party rounds the hill, expecting a hail of crossbow bolts aimed at the wagon. Instead, they find Ranna locked in combat with two spear-wielding bandits, and hear a guttural roar from the other side of the hill that is clearly Grae dispatching some unlucky foe.

Spoiler
    Show

Grae: 10 damage dealt to bandit. AoO on same bandit deals 18 damage. Bandit dead. Second bandit misses attack.
    Ranna: Everyone involved misses. Also, quit rolling so low on your attacks.

Darius, you did get an AoO on the bandit, but it missed and then I forgot to include the description of you missing. Whoops!
    The bandits you are fighting have leather armor and no shields.
    The bandits Ranna is fighting have chainmail and studded leather (respectively), and both have large wooden shields.

Updated Initiative:
    Raelin
    Bandits
    Isa
    Ranna
    Grae
    Taron

The bandits engaging Ranna are 75' from the wagon. The one bandit Grae hasn't slaughtered yet is on the other side of the hill, out of sight and 120' distant.
    "I was a great teacher. I didn't even tell the students to go f*** themselves or anything!" - John Smith

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isa Gaur

"Gods!Grae!Ranna!" Isa curses as she sees the female slave tangled with two bandits. The roar coming from slightly out of her range of vision must be Grae's, so he hadn't been taken out form the fight.

The female warrior gave a guttural battlecry and lifted her axe, her feet kicking up trails of dirt as she sped towards Ranna and her opponents, completely disregarding the thought that more bandits may wait in hiding further back with crossbows, the tattoos on her arms reflecting a dull red against the shining, well-polished surface of her weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Charge - 80', Attack first Bandit, power attacking -2
    Ac = 15(17-2)
    [roll]1d20+9/roll]
    If it hits:
    Damage:
    (1d12+9)[10]
    If it drops the bandit - Cleave
    (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage if it hits: (1d12+9)[14]

"Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler
    Show

Stupid Typo.

First attack redone:
    (1d20+9)[18]

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

9. - Top - End - #39

PirateCaptain

Grae Myrmidon

Grae continues to move about, appearing to leave the area as he looks over the hill to see how Ranna is fairing before springing back to finish his foe.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 20 (due to 50' move & Expeditious Dodge and Skirmish AC); 24 if need to use Mobility vs. AoO
    HP: 23/33

Spring Attack and maneuver back to position (moving a total of 50') for AoO.

Attack - (1d20+11)[15]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[17]
    Skirmish - (1d6)[1]

If needed:
    AoO - (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[18]
    Skirmish - (1d6)[3]
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ranna felt her spirits rising, as Isa charged through the brush. Dim-witted Isa may have been, but she was always a welcome sight in a fight. Ranna was getting tired. She had taken a few hits from her opponenets, and her own swings seemed to meet with armour - or air. Truly, she was not as good at the Battledance as she thought she was.

Of course, she blamed Raelin. All the mud and rain had made her joints stiff. If only Ranna had practised more. Maybe she could next time she saw Raelin, and beat him senseless. A master should look after his slave, after all.

Ranna swung again with her sword. Her other scimitar still in her shoulder-scabbard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now that Isa is around (or someone else, my Initiative is apparently low), which one of us gets Flank bonus? I'm sure C12 can factor that in to somebody's rolls.

Attack: (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]

EDIT: SONUVA...Ah well, at least I'm not rolling 1s.

HPs: 32/46
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-11-11 at 01:24 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #41

Raelin, surprised by the unexpected battle, can do nothing but slow the wagon down and tie off the reins to keep the ponies from running off with the cart.
    Grae moves to circle the lone remaining bandit, but as he steps to the bandit's side, the leather-clad figure slips a dagger through Grae's defenses, leaving a nasty gash in the half-orc's arm. Grae retaliates with another powerful slash from his polearm, and the bandit crumples to the ground, unconscious but still alive (barely).
    The bandits facing Ranna thrust again, but both miss Ranna as she in turn misses. Her attack distracts the bandits enough that they dail to notice Isa's charge up the hillside, however, and Isa's axe swings true, cleaving through studded leather and muscle with ease. The unlucky bandit grunts in pain, droppping his wooden shield as he turns around to face Isa instead.
    Taron drops off the wagon with a rattle and charges towards the battle, but his heavy armor slows him, and he only makes it halfway up the hill.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grae provokes an AoO from the bandit when he begins his 'running in circles' maneuver. Because this attack comes at the beginning of Grae's move, Grae does not get either the skirmish AC bonus or the Expeditious Dodge AC bonus. The attack hits, dealing 4 damage to Grae.
    Grae's attack drops the bandit, who is dying (but not dead).
    Both bandits engaged with Ranna miss their attacks again, as does Ranna. Isa deals 10 damage to the bandit, who is injured, but still very much in the fight.
    Grae, Taron, and Raelin are currently unengaged. Ranna, Isa, and the two remaining bandits are in a conga line of flanking goodness as follows (highest on hillside to lowest): Chainmail bandit, Ranna, Studded Leather bandit, Isa.

12. - Top - End - #42

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Post moved to ooc thread...sorry
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-11-19 at 08:19 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Desperation clearly showing in her strokes now. Ranna slashes again at her attacker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]

HPs: 32/46
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateCaptain

Grae Myrmidon

Checking the last foe to fall, Grae does what he can to slow the bleeding of the bandit. He then will move to assist the others.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 20 (due to 50' move & Expeditious Dodge and Skirmish AC); 24 if need to use Mobility vs. AoO
    HP: 19/33

Heal - (1d20+1)[7] <-- this should only be a 6

Last edited by Darius; 2008-11-25 at 08:49 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

15. - Top - End - #45

Isa

Isa cries out again and tears the Axe from the bandit in front of her, using the momentum of wrenching the axe back to spin, her second swing coming in low, closer to the stomach, now no longer protected by a wooden shield...

Spoiler
    Show

Power attacking again
    Ac = 17
    (1d20+7)[18]
    If it hits:
    Damage:
    (1d12+9)[13]
    Not sure if I'm close enough, but if I drop the bandit - Cleave on the other
    (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage if it hits: (1d12+9)[21]

16. - Top - End - #46

Ranna finally hits home, slicing into the bandit as he glances over his shoulder to see where the rest of his bandit friends have gone. The cut leaves a nasty gash across the bandit's spear arm and draws his attention back to Ranna, but doesn't seem to concern the bandit overmuch.
    Isa swings again, and the leather-clad bandit raises his shield arm to block the blow, remembering too late that the shield is actually protecting a small patch of grass on the hillside below. The axe cleaves a glittering arc through the night, barely pausing as it lops off the bandit's hand and then neatly chops him in half at the waist. A look of shock registers briefly on his face as he topples with a spurt of blood, two halves rolling down the slope on either side of Isa. Too far away from the other bandit to use the momentum of the swing for another attack, however, Isa merely pivots in place to bring the axe to the ready.
    Taron finally arrives, and the sole remaining bandit makes a panicked spear thrust at him as the massive blacksmith simply crashes into the foe, knocking him down into the rocky hillside and trampling him into the dirt as his inertia carries him a few feet past the fight. The bandit struggles to rise, blood streaming from the wound Ranna gave him moments ago, but instead gives up and tosses his spear away when he notices just how outnumbered he is with Grae also running to join the fight. "Yelt! Yelt, Oi yelt!"
    It takes you a second to realize that he is speaking with a very thick accent, trying to communicate his surrender.
    Raelin, meanwhile, has finally finished bringing the wagon to a halt, and ties off the reins just as the fight draws to a close.
    Last edited by C12H22O11; 2008-12-13 at 08:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateCaptain

Grae Myrmidon

The large half-orc tries to place where such an accent as this comes from as he administers to his wounded companion.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

using a charge from belt of healing - (2d8)[6] on most wounded party member.
    +6 HP to most wounded
    Last edited by Darius; 2009-01-01 at 01:15 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

With all the bandits finally down, or - in one case - surrendering. Ranna begins searching the bodies for any signs, sigils or symbols that might lead or give clues as to who the bandits were working for, or where they came from.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome