New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (Brandon/Cherry/Ox)

Cherry

Cherry looks around, trying to puzzle out what might have caused this...massacre. 15 sets of bones...blue mucus...what could have caused this? Cherry quickly bends down to get a sample of the mucus.

rolling a preliminary Lore check
    (1d12)[10]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (Brandon/Cherry/Ox)

You hear the familiar revving of Haze's Crotch Rocket through the piercing dusk and rain. He's arrived, and he's parked right outside the crime scene. The detective's eying him suspiciously.

OOC: You can't roll Lore until you're back at HQ with at least 3 pieces of evidence, but you got the mucus sample. We'll assume that you carry around that proper equipment in your pockets. Also, it's fine DJ, we'll just say that Eloign allows you to teleport short distances, you don't have to attack anyone.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-10-24 at 10:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

RogueGuy

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (Brandon/Cherry/Ox/Haze)

Brandon

"I want to get one of those bones," Brandon says quietly once Cherry has a sample. I think we are done here for now though after that, lets go see Haze and find somewhere quiet."

ooc - Looking for somewhere unseen that allows me to teleport.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

4. - Top - End - #34

OOC: There is nowhere, but there is a way. Roll Sense, target difficulty 6, and I'll tell you.

5. - Top - End - #35

RogueGuy

Brandon

"**** no where to go," Brandon says looking around . . . .

(d12)[7]
    (d12)[2]
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

6. - Top - End - #36

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon thinks he spots something

7. - Top - End - #37

An idea pops into your head. If the other two got close to you and shielded you from the cops, you could probably do it without them seeing. Probably...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haze

Tires churn and standing-water sprays a murky wake trail as Haze coasts in to the scene. He waves good-naturedly to the cops and edges up to the caution-tape. "Good morning officers. Still fighting the good fight, I see. Don't worry. I'm not here to gawk or tromp all over your crime scene. I just wanted to have a word with my buddy Brandon." Thank God one of us has a normal-sounding name.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-10-25 at 10:18 PM.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

9. - Top - End - #39

The nervous detective walks over to Haze. Suddenly, he toughs up and announces, in a voice loud enough and meant for the others to hear, "Well, you'll just have to wait sir, they'll be out VERY SOON."
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-10-26 at 01:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

RogueGuy

Brandon

"Ox, Cherry, come over here and block my $&% off from the cops,"Brandon says motioning, then looks for a place that will be easiest to hid behind them.

Ox and Cherry move over and stand shoulder to shoulder, trying to look inconspicuous as Brandon edges behind them and says "Ok guys, stay right here!" He closes his eyes and attempts to Eloign into the hole.

ooc - if it works, he's going to grab a small partially dissolved bone, cut off a small bit of the chrysalis, put them both into a jacket pocket and then take a moment to study the dead body (just memorizing the damage to the face/torso) and eloign back.

11. - Top - End - #41

There is a brief flash of light as you vanish and reappear in the hole, away from prying eyes. A couple of the cops noticed the flash of light, but dismissed it as another camera.

Brandon quickly bags a small bone, a scrap of the chrysalis, and checks out the body. The man's face is torn to shreds, and as described before, it looks like he's been bitch-slapped by a bushel of barbed wire. His chest is punctured and torn, as if by massive talons. Other than the grievous physical damage, there is nothing unusual about the wounds.

The detective is getting impatient, especially with Haze waiting outside. He casts an eye towards Cherry and Ox. "You two! Where'd your buddy go?!" Uh oh. He's pissed.

All eyes turn to Cherry and Ox.

The rain continues smacking the pavement.

12. - Top - End - #42

Cherry

"He's...uh...over checking down that way," he murmurs as he jerks his thumb down the road a little, toward the other end of the crime scene. "He'll be right back."
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-10-26 at 02:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

RogueGuy

ooc - do i hear the conversation or am I to far away and teleport back anyway :) hehehee weee fun.

14. - Top - End - #44

OOC: You hear it. You might be able to teleport directly out of the crime scene too...

15. - Top - End - #45

Ox

Ox looks around her trying not to barf over the evidence, what kind of demon could do this thing...what was the purpose for all this death?

She looks up at the detective

I think we are almost done here...
    I can't find shelter in this world.
    I'm looking for another one
    where I'll feel safe

16. - Top - End - #46

RogueGuy

Brandon

ooc - ok I'm going to try to think back, as we were walking in, was there something i could land behind or an area with no one in it and just fog?

****, I can't get back there.

ooc - if it works -

Brandon walks over to Ox and Cherry and the pissed detective.

"Sorry guys," Brandon says, "but you know how it is when nature calls. Hey guys, the chief doesn't want to risk pissing anyone off by publishing whatever the hell happened here, so we are just gonna head back to the office."

17. - Top - End - #47

Haze

Huh, looks like Bran's about to do a FLASH elogin. Right. Guess I'd better run interference.

"'scuse me. I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about what happened here. I heard it was terrorists that did it. Right in the middle of Vancouver, too. Is that true? I mean, if it could happen here then it could happen anywhere, and that's too terrible to even think about. 'cause then no one'd be safe. It'd be like there was this invisible enemy everywhere, and no one else could see it. And the news papers certainly talking about it. Would you know anything about that? I mean, you're an officer and you probably hear things. So, is it true? Should I move out of the city? 'cause if that's what it takes to keep my family safe, I'll do that. No sense in staying in a big, vulnerable city where the sidewalks can explode out from under you with bombs, if you understand what I mean. No sense at all." Haze doesn't get in the officer's face but he talks very directly, with all the seriousness and conviction he can muster. He keeps his gaze focused squarely on the detective.

18. - Top - End - #48

An unseen flash of light goes off in the sewers, and Brandon reappears behind a police car, outside the crime scene. The three of you meet up and walk over to Haze, who is pulling a little stint with the detective.

The detective scoffs. With barely restrained politeness, he replies. "I'm sorry sir, information cannot be disclosed to the public. All of our available forces are on the case."

OOC: I'm enforcing a new rule just to try to get the game moving a little faster. The posting rate's been alright, but there's been a couple stalls that have held back the more active players. From now on, if 24 hours have passed and you have not posted, I will retain the right to move your character or have him/her act appropriately. I'll try to keep this down, but unfortunately I think this rule is needed.

19. - Top - End - #49

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon looks at the others and says quietly, I think we have all that we need. We aren't going to fit on that crotch rocket of yours Haze, I'll give the others a call and tell them to pick us up on the way back. Meanwhile I say we get away from these cops before they get even more pissed.

20. - Top - End - #50

Haze

"It can't be disclosed to the public, huh? That certainly sounds like terrorists to me." Haze bobs his head sympathetically. "Keep on keeping our country safe, man."

Haze struggles to fight down a grin as he pulls Brandon and the others aside. He starts talking in an urgent whisper as soon as they're out of hearing range of the detective.

"I dunno what you guys have turned up so far, but I got a really lucky break from my contact. Turns out there's two demons at work. One of 'em's blue. Dunno anything else about him. The other one's a spider from Beaver Lake in Stanley Park. I was right about to head over there, but figured I should pick up some muscle on the way."

OOC: Sorry 'bout my sporadicness over the weekend. I got hired to work at an extremely sketch international market on Thursday, and just quit yesterday. It took up a ton of time, got me trapped in the walk-in freezer, and skimmed money out of my pay. Fun stuff. But I should be able to post more often now, with just schoolwork to contend with.

21. - Top - End - #51

Ox

Two demons you say? What is this, a bloody tag-team? Anyway, I don't mind squashing a spider today, just let me eat something for breakfast...

If I can keep anything down that is, I know I have seen some serious sh*t but I think this was the worst ever

Yeah, Brandon got his little hands on some things...I think, you did get hold on something Brandon?

Ox turns toward Brandon

OOC: How usual is it for demons to work together?
    I can't find shelter in this world.
    I'm looking for another one
    where I'll feel safe

22. - Top - End - #52

RogueGuy

Brandon

Looking at Ox - "Ha, hands aren't that little," he says.

Turning back to look at the others as the group moves away from the cops, "I god damn hate spiders," he says as his normal smile slides into an angry frown. "I used to sometimes hear these scuttling sounds when I tried to sleep. Sounded like a human sized spiders legs clicking on the floor. It would always happen right as I started to drift off. My eyes would close and suddenly click click click and before I knew it I was across the room turning all the lights on. There's no going to sleep after that."

23. - Top - End - #53

OOC: How usual is it for demons to work together? Very ****ing unusual. You've never seen it before...and one demon has been more than enough. Two would be disastrous...it's definitely cause to be worried about.

24. - Top - End - #54

Haze

"Agreed. Spiders suck. I still remember--vividly, even--when I was sixteen and I was getting in the shower," he throws a look that should forestall any chuckling, "and I just happened to glance down at the drain. Now, the individual holes in the drain were tiny--maybe the size of it's abdomen; no bigger--so the spider didn't come through them like a human would, trying to haul its whole body through. Nope. Two impossibly long legs sprouted out of the darkness, then another two, and another two, until the tiny drain hole was bristling with these black filaments. And then it heaved its body through.

God, it was revolting. I remember thinking just how wrong it was that it could fit through an opening like that. I mean, those holes are about the same size as the opening to a human ear, and they're a hell of a lot smaller than a mouth. A spider could fit in there, and you'd never know until it pulled itself out of you."
    Haze stops speaking abruptly. Inside his mind there's a sudden, noiseless plop. It's the sound of a pebble dropping into a still pond. It's the sound of a thought finally setting in.

Oh... Oh God. He ******* told me, and I didn't realize what he was saying. He said that he needed it. And then there was the difference between the way his voice worked on the phone, and.... ****. I never should've let him wander off.

Haze shudders. "I hate to follow what I just said with this, but we might have a situation on our hands. My contact, before he left, mumbled something about 'how he needed it'. We'd been talking about the demon, but I kinda dismissed what he said as crazy-garble. But maybe I was wrong. What if it spends some of its time inside him?

Or what if the blue thing does? Hell, maybe they work as a team? Blue takes over the homeless man and leads him in front of a sewer covering. He begs for change and maybe someone comes close. Maybe the street's deserted. Maybe right as that someone's leaning in to drop a few fat coins in his hands, the manhole cover edges aside and the good Samaritan disappears into the dark. Spiders can take forever draining their prey. If our spider's a hunter and blue boy's a stalker, then he might be feeding off of the despair of the victims while they're all nice and immobile. That is, assuming our spider bothers to cocoon his victims. If he's a fugly ol' tarantula, he might not.

****. I'm liking this less and less as time passes. We still need to check out the lake, but if my contact was or is a host, we need to track him down again. I last saw him at the safe injection site. Ox, you wanna hop on and help me look for him? Or maybe someone else, if they're in a volunteering spirit? The rest of us should probably head over to the hospital. Check in with the other team. Make sure nothing's found them.

When we've got all this wrapped up, then we should converge on the lake and give this mother****** what for."
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-10-28 at 11:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

RogueGuy

Brandon

ooc - Garden, who else can excersize

"How sure are you Haze?" Brandon lifts his hand to his mouth and pauses for a moment to think. "&$&%* we can't risk that your wrong and if he is possessed then your going to need me to get the demon out. I'm gonna call the guys at the hospital and have them swing by to pick Ox and Cherry up, next time we take 2 cars, no more of this carpooling ****. You guys figure out how to track the spider and call my cell with any updates."

Brandon heads with Haze towards the bike.

26. - Top - End - #56

Haze

'I'm not 100%, but...yeah, I'm pretty sure. There's one alternative, but it's a ****ton worse, so I don't wanna think about it too much. I mean, there could be a blue thing plus a momma spider plus babies, but if that's the case then we're so utterly boned that we'll never be able to sit properly again. So let's work off of the assumption that it's just two demons, instead of infinity." Haze tugs a hand through his hair.

"By the way, Bran, what did you find while you were down in the blast crater?"

27. - Top - End - #57

RogueGuy

Brandon

"%$%&, I almost forgot," Brandon says and jogs back to Ox and Cherry. He takes the collected specimens and hands them over. "The squints might need this stuff to ID what we are up against. It's not going to do me much good." He heads back to Haze.

"I learned that we are up against something that came out of a cocoon, can dissolve bone and possibly has a fetish for barbed wire."

28. - Top - End - #58

Haze

"Cocoon, huh?" he sounds really tired. "That's another sign pointing towards spiderlings. ****. I really hope there's not an infestation building down there."

29. - Top - End - #59

Haze's cell phone rings. You pick it up and are immediately assaulted with the mocking, insultingly sarcastic tone of Venge's voice.

"Hello, I'm calling on behalf of Demon Insurance Limited. We have a killer offer we know you're just going to die for! Hey **** nuts, it's Santa. I'm with Batman and Robin, we've just finished cleaning up the needle pit. We found some guy from another Cabal, looks like they got attacked, he's the only one that survived. Worker's didn't give us much help. Managed to catch a glimpse of some of the guy's memories. Seems like they found some slimy **** on a sewage pipe. It burst and some monster, didn't really get a good view of it, came out and killed or knocked out the other guys working down there, I think one of em got away. How's the **** patrol going?"

OOC: I'm gonna tally accumulated evidence so far...

1. Napkin Sketch (blob at Beaver Lake)
    2. Victim's Bone Sample (partially dissolved)
    3. Chrysalis Sample (blue mucus, stringy)
    4. Victim's Injuries (barbed lacerations, deep puncture marks)

That's four pieces of evidence. More than enough to start researching into what sort of demon/s you guys are after, but you have to reach HQ first.

Also DJ, you, Backlash, and Shutter are the only ones that exorcise. You are the only one that can exorcise without physically touching the demon.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2008-10-29 at 01:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Haze

"From the look of things, we're just about waist high in **** creek, and the tide's comin' in. We've got a possible demonic-spider-baby infestation in the sewers, a possible collaboration between demons, and a host-hobo who I ******* let walk away from me at the Safe Injection Site. Brandon and I are gonna go check that one out, so don't be too alarmed if we're not here when you show up. The rest of us will be waiting around the corner. No point in giving the good officers at the scene something else to ponder over.

We've got a ****ton of evidence to go over, so someone should go back to the manor and start on that. Presumably with a bodyguard, if we can spare one. I've been thinking a little bit about drains and sewer hookups, and I don't want some dirty-***** arachnid coming through the pipes when I'm taking a dump.

Other than that, Beaver Lake is still worth checking out. So are the sewers, but I advise we roll extra heavy if we're going to go in there. Who knows, there might be more cocoons plastered around 41st and Main that nobody's found yet. ****. I don't much wanna think about that.

Give Backlash a kiss for me. Over and out."