New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE SEARCH)

Haze

"It wouldn't hurt to get a little more familiar with this place. If the demon's here now, we can just squash it and save ourselves a heap of trouble. If not, maybe we put one or two security measures into place. Get ready for the rally tomorrow."

OOC: Haze is going to have a look around the garage. Skim through some of the cult's material. Check for hostages or disposed-of bodies.

He's also going up to the roof to see about the possibility of securing a zip-line over from a neighboring building, or from the garage to the ground. It never hurts to have another escape route.

Rolling sense. (1d12)[8],(1d12)[10],(1d12)[6],(1d12)[5],(1d12)[7],
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Brandon

ooc - Spells schmells, there be demons that need slayin!

ooc - Oh I am quite familiar with your exotic northern currency, i just decided to poke some fun.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

3. - Top - End - #123

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Perhaps we should pass ourselves off as cultists and attend this rally. If all else fails we can hack our way through." Said Venge, demonstrating the hacking with his battle-axe. "I'll volunteer." He declared.
    I drew this line myself

4. - Top - End - #124

Haze

Haze is sifting through a mound of broken glass and detritus when Venge speaks up. "That's probably a terrible idea, but I'll admit it has a certain ring to it," he grins. "Let's stay on the lookout for any cult costumes they might keep around here."

5. - Top - End - #125

PirateCaptain

Venge

"Costumes? This isn't ****ing Scooby Doo! We'll just say we're new or we got recommended by a friend, go along with the proceedings then wipe out a few guns, a few axes and murder them all." Said Venge cooly. He sighed at the many empty beer bottles smashed about the place. "At least they got beer...." He muttered to no-one in particular.
    I drew this line myself

6. - Top - End - #126

Haze

"Venge, man, we're here for the demon. Not for the several hundred angry hobos that'll be packing this place from the looks of things. If we waltz in dressed as we are, it'll touch off a miniature ******* war. So we come in dressed scruffy and muttering. Keep our gear under our clothes. Watch the crowd until we figure out who the demon's riding, and then cap the ******.

I don't think too many of the hobos are gonna stick around when a dirty great spider climbs out of his body. Even if some do, when we rip it apart in front of them, that'll kneecap their fanaticism.

We need to do this surgically. If we don't, the spider could just put up a wall of men to bog us down while it slips away. And that would be bad **** for everyone concerned."

7. - Top - End - #127

RogueGuy

Brandon

"Cult costumes," Brandon says with a small chuckle, "Last time we played with them they just wore bum clothes . . . so I guess we have to raid Venge's closet."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

"I agree with Haze, we need to be careful of collateral damage. Aren't we supposed to be saving the world from Demons not killing more than they would have" I add a look so Venge knows I am just joshing.

"If we have the time I agree it may be worth looking for the Demons lair now to avoid doing it with an audience"

Baptist wanders about closer to the edges of the garage.

This is no good, no signs anywhere

Standing still in place he closes his eyes, muttering words seldom spoken under his breath. He focuses and channels the dark energy from within his soul. Like small coals his eyes simmer in their sockets as Baptist casts Voyeur.

Opening his eyes everything around looks different. Like a haze that has descended his vision has become less clear but the walls and ceiling around him have become less opaque. Wandering around the garage looking up and down he searches for signs of the Demons lair.

OOC Thought I would give this a whirl although I am sure it is a longshot.

9. - Top - End - #129

PirateCaptain

((On an unrelated note, where's Icarus Smith got to? There's another character that's going to get killed!))

Venge

"Raid my closet?! I don't think I have anything cult related, although if we want to look like bums we should go down to a charity shop or something and rip up a bunch of em. Although it'll be difficult to hide weapons, especially this." Said Venge, indicating his giant axe. "I still think we should stick around in the crowd incase something goes down, and as far as I'm concerned, a cultist is still a threat to us and needs to be taken down... even if it has to be in several ****ing pieces."
    I drew this line myself

10. - Top - End - #130

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon's grin fades a little.

"I know better than anyone," he says, "How one of those demons can get into your head and %&$% with you. If we have to kill them we will, but if we can remove the demon, it might break the hold it has on them. Remember, these are just people who are being manipulated."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

Backlash

Slowly wandering around the garage with the rest of the cabal, he keeps his eyes open for anything that might be useful.

"I like the idea of disguises, we definitely need to be surgical with this. We'll need muscle when we get the demon out of the preacher. That is going to require a couple of well placed Discerns. Am I the only one who can cast that? Also, we are going to need a way to deal with all the innocent mortals, if the crowd is going to be big we really can't kill them all. Maybe we can get a couple of them riot grenades, you know the ones that explode into a ****ton of rubber balls? It seems like after all this, dealing with the demon is going to be the easy part.

12. - Top - End - #132

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge says nothing and looks for a spot where the 'preacher' would likely stand to give his speech and any spots that would overlook this area.
    I drew this line myself

13. - Top - End - #133

RogueGuy

Brandon

"I can also discern."

14. - Top - End - #134

Backlash

Nods to Brandon.

"Great, we want to make sure its there before we move. Maybe we should wait untill the end of the rally, tail him home or some **** like that?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

OOC For the full 15 seconds just sweep the garage up, down, side to side to see if there is any evidence of value.

16. - Top - End - #136

Cherry

Cherry grins at the idea of lobbing riot grenades at a crowd of hobos. "Guys, crowds aren't a problem..."
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Edwin!

17. - Top - End - #137

Haze

"Maybe we should wait untill the end of the rally, tail him home or some **** like that?"

"That sounds solid to me, although I'm not sure if Venge'll be able to go that long without nonchalantly ripping somebody's head off. Plus, there's a good chance that these guys are into human sacrifice, judging by the body in the dumpster. If they start tryin' to pull that ****, we need to be able to step in fast. So, let's go in planning to take the demon out in front of everyone, but if it gives us the breathing room, we'll track it down and kill it on its own."

18. - Top - End - #138

Baptist's eyes flush a milky light as he casts Voyeur, allowing him to scan the building for life. There is nothing, save for some cockroaches and a healthy population of rats in the ventilation systems.

A quick scan of the building reveals nothing more than what the Cabal has already seen. There are no secret, hidden lairs or doors, though Haze does find a stack of papers written in Latin. The cracking red-brown ink that the script is written in is evidently blood. Haze will need the services of headquarters to properly translate the manuscripts, but at a first glance they seem like they might be plans for 'ultima vitualamen'. The ultimate sacrifice.

19. - Top - End - #139

Haze

"Undergrad BS don't fail me now..." Haze pages through the papers, muttering under his breath. "Conjugate the...um, thingy with the other, ah, stuff and then...**** it. I need the internet."

"Cherry, let's head back to HQ. See if maybe we haven't turned up something useful while we were out here. 'sides, I don't like leaving the place unguarded.

Everyone else...I dunno. Wanna do a preliminary look-around up at Beaver Lake?

We'll be in touch."

OOC: going back to HQ with Cherry (unless he'd really rather not,) to bust out a lore check on the papers and the spider-sketch.

Shameless Plug: looking for players and DM to this http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...33#post5327433
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-19 at 10:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

RogueGuy

Brandon

We need some bum gear also to blend in right.

21. - Top - End - #141

Haze

"I'll swing by Salvation Army, or maybe a thrift store on the way back. I should be able to find something appropriately beat to ****."

"Venge, you're in charge of liquor bottles and paper bags."
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-20 at 01:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge's eyes light up. "Finally, something we can agree on." He turns to those staying and says in an air of somewhat authority. "Alright men! You've each come here for your own reasons, but hear me now! This demon seeks to kill and innocent and cause massive amounts of damage to persons and property. Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you! And the answer, men, is provide you with beer! If you can do one thing to make your country proud it is to drink! Drink until your bottles run empty! Drink until the barrel runs empty! Drink until there is none left to drink from! For pride... for country... for beer!" Announced Venge, raising his axe to the air.
    I drew this line myself

23. - Top - End - #143

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon turns to look at Venge and says "Huh? Oh sorry, what was that? I wasn't paying attention."

24. - Top - End - #144

Backlash

"Guys, crowds aren't a problem..."

"Ok Cherry, I am more then happy to leave that **** to you. Put what you need together and remember, non-lethal."

Nods to Haze as he starts to plan, "Hopefully this ****er will take it easy on this people, wishfull thinking I know. Yeah, I guess the rest of us can go check out the lake. We expecting to find anything up there?"

Chuckles as Venge goes on his rant, "Well, the man does like his beer."
    Last edited by Silent_Bish; 2008-11-20 at 08:28 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

PirateCaptain

Venge

Venge simply chuckles. "Alright, so, shall we get ourselves ****ed?" Asks Venge, making his way to the door. "If you want I'll just drink the ****ing lot, maybe save it for later, you guys can keep sober if you want."
    I drew this line myself

26. - Top - End - #146

OOC: Do you guys mind if I fast-forward to a "Later that night..." kind of thing? Also, where are all you guys headed?

27. - Top - End - #147

OOC: Fast-forward's fine. Haze is going back to base to attempt to use a little more Lore.

I'm going to bullseye the check to decipher the documents, but I'm not sure how many dice I'm rolling for lore at this point. Feel free to roll for me to speed up the game.

28. - Top - End - #148

PirateCaptain

((Actually, I have a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it, hold off the fast forward for a sec ))

Venge

Before leaving to grab a modest amount of beer, a proverbial lightbulb popped on above Venge's head. Turning around to address the group, he said: "How about I wait about outside, maybe on the radio to one of you guys inside; near the back, out of sight, whatever; and you message me if something goes down. I can cast a spell and bust through the concrete, no problem and charge in there. In fact, I could be on the floor above and bust in from above." Suggested Venge. "That way I won't blow your ****ing cover, unless it's already blown and I don't have to wear ****ty clothes or hide my instrument of pain." He chuckled, spinning his battle-axe around using the palms of his hands. "But it's the last spell I have use of today, so don't **** up!"
    I drew this line myself

29. - Top - End - #149

RogueGuy

Brandon

OOC - fast forward sure. The only thing we need is for those of us going inside to buy like 3 layers of used clothing, roll in mud and get some bags of booze.

We should definitely let the meeting start to organize and watch to make sure we fit in. and then head in before it really starts.

30. - Top - End - #150

PirateCaptain

((That's fine, but I'd like to be the 'heavy' back-up, Venge thinks Stealth means you have to wait a bit before killing someone))
    I drew this line myself