New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: DREAD - Damnum Fatale (THE SEARCH)

Baptist

"I am all for dressing like a bum to get in with the crowd"

Probably haven't showered for a while anyway for that authentic homeless smell.

OOCSorry busy weekend.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC: Sorry, really busy weekend and upcoming week. Will update when I can.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: no problem. I understand what that's like.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: Ditto. So, the meeting is tomorrow night IG right? So we will have a chance to rest and recover spells?

5. - Top - End - #155

Cherry

"Non-lethal? What's the fun in that? I mean, they're all addicts anyway. I'll see what I can do, though. Maybe a couple knockout gas cannisters. Should be fun..." Cherry joins Haze in his retreat to the mansion.

OOC: I think it's been busy for everyone.
    Last edited by bored_teen; 2008-11-28 at 03:12 PM.
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Edwin!

6. - Top - End - #156

OOC: Yeah. No worries. The game'll pick back up again when everyone's ready.

Also, using gas against the cultists is a fantastic idea. We'd have to get a handful of gas masks, though.

7. - Top - End - #157

OOC: Alright, I'm back. So what exactly is going on? As far as I can tell, Venge is staying behind in the parking garage with some devious plan where he can burst out of the floor with battle axe in hand at the rally taking place tomorrow night. That mean's he'll be spending about a day hiding out.

The others are heading back to the mansion to decipher the texts, and Cherry's hatching some sort of gas attack plan. All the while with several pounds of a strong powdered base in the Warlock. Oh, the rest of the Cabal also wants to get dressed up for the demon rally tomorrow night.

Is that right? Fun.

8. - Top - End - #158

RogueGuy

ooc - I think you forgot the part about the sharks with the lazers
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

9. - Top - End - #159

ooc: that's about it, but if venge wants to scout out beaver lake instead of chillin' and drinkin' in the abandoned parking garage, that'd be fine by me.

10. - Top - End - #160

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm.... Alright, if it's going to take a day before the plan gets put into action, Venge will scout out Beaver Lake. Don't expect much evidence though, Venge isn't the brightest bulb in the world. As for the parking lot plan, my idea was that A) if the parking lot was multi-story, Venge would wait on the floor above where the rally is taking place and burst in through the roof (using a spell to smash through concrete) or just the roof; or B) wait outside the wall which is mostly liking to be the wall that the demon has it's back to, then Venge can bust in there and surprise the demon. This plan will probably require a signal to let Venge know when to bust in....

Venge

"If you **** nuts are going back to the mansion, I'll take a look around Beaver Lake. I should be back here by tommorow where we can set up our little ambush. I'll be in touch." Said Venge, the last few words said in the sarcastic tone the cabal knew he used often.

With that, Venge slung his battle-axe over his shoulder and jogged off in the direction of Beaver Lake, slowly disappearing into the night.
    I drew this line myself

11. - Top - End - #161

Backlash

"Suit yourself Venge, but I need to catch some rest before dealing with another Demon."

Without much more fanfare, he heads back to the mansion with the others to get some rest.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Baptist

The weariness of the last 24 hours is catching up with Baptist.

"Man, I could sleep for a week. If we are going toe to toe with a big nasty I need some more rest"

He accompanies the rest back to the mansion to get fitted up for his tramp suit.

OOC I am back as well now after a v.busy week

13. - Top - End - #163

OOC: Just to let you know, December is a very busy month for me. I got a seasonal job as a chocolates warehouse guy, so the Christmas season is very busy indeed. It's crazy awesome pay for lifting boxes and the like, so I'm working a fair number of hours, not to mention the seasonal fits of holiday debauchery and school. My games will probably slow down, so I'd like to warn all you guys first of all.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC

Understood, things get pretty busy for us as well as everyone wants things done before Christmas.

15. - Top - End - #165

PirateCaptain

OOC: Maybe a Christmas version of Dread is in order? With the cabal off to fight Satan Claws or something and his army of small factory workers. Would just be hilarious and the stuff you could say would be gold!
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #166

OOC: A game of dread that leaves us all with a secure, fuzzy feeling in our hearts? That's crazy-talk.

17. - Top - End - #167

OOC: Reminds me of Futurama, where Santa Claws is a deranged robot that kills anyone out after sunset.

18. - Top - End - #168

Midnight.

The rain continued to assault the old mansion, inundating the outside world and drowning everything in inches of cold rainwater.

In the back of the Warlock, beside the weapon footlockers, rest several bags of powdered sodium hydroxide, just in case one of the two demons was acidic, which the evidence pointed to. The living room had open books and papers scattered all across it, the remnants of Haze and Cherry's research into the demon that had managed to schedule a rally for tomorrow night. Vials held bone and tissue samples, and a couple photographs of the recent brutalized victims were stacked on top of open laptops and Latin-to-English dictionaries.

The Cabal was all home, in various states of unrest. There were two demons in their city, and at least one, 'The Spider', was rallying the city's numerous destitute tomorrow night, having formed some sort of apocalyptic cult. The other nameless demon had burst out of a cocoon in the sewers, and was probably an acid-spewing monstrosity. It had already taken several victims.

A night of rest.

Tomorrow was Doomsday.

19. - Top - End - #169

OOC: Do we get to roll lore to follow up on the research we've done?

20. - Top - End - #170

PirateCaptain

OOC: Wait, am I not off to another thread to scout out Beaver Lake?
    I drew this line myself

21. - Top - End - #171

RogueGuy

Brandon

Brandon, who almost died today, gets a long and well deserved sleep.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

22. - Top - End - #172

OOC: You went there briefly, but found nothing. Sorry, should've mentioned that.

Right, post any dreams/nightmares, pre-Doomsday thoughts that your characters have before entering the twin demon maelstrom tomorrow.

23. - Top - End - #173

OOC: Lore roll. Research. How do I do it?
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2009-02-06 at 10:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

RogueGuy

ooc - none hear

25. - Top - End - #175

PirateCaptain

Venge

The doors of the mansion creak open, wind howling in for a second before the doors are closed. It must be midnight or later. Venge strides in, battle-axe still slung over his shoulder, no obvious signs of injury. He heads straight for the fridge, grabs himself a beer and downs it quickly. He then sits on the couch in the lounge area with a sigh. Everyone else appears to be asleep.

He slowly puts down his battle-axe and reaches into his trench coat pocket and withdraws a photograph, making sure no-one is looking. The photograph is of Venge and his family, when we was younger, having a fun day at the park. Everyone, including Venge's younger self, is smiling and having a good time. Venge looks at the photograph for a long time before running a finger across each of his now dead family members. A single tear drops from his eye.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-12-12 at 01:30 PM.
    I drew this line myself

26. - Top - End - #176

OOC:Sorry I have been quiet, I haven't had power for four days. Anyone hear about the ice storm that hit MA? Anyways, I still don't have power yet but may by tonight or tomorrow. I will post when I do, then we can get everyone back together and get the story rolling again.

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Bish View Post
    OOC:Sorry I have been quiet, I haven't had power for four days. Anyone hear about the ice storm that hit MA? Anyways, I still don't have power yet but may by tonight or tomorrow. I will post when I do, then we can get everyone back together and get the story rolling again.
    OOC: yeah, i saw it on the news. my jaw dropped when downtown Boston was lights-out. ive been sick, so sorry if i haven't been active, but i don't seem to have been missed.
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Edwin!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I have been quiet due to workload. However things should be a lot quieter over the next 2 weeks as I have some time off during that period. So I should be able to post quite frequently if the game requires it.

29. - Top - End - #179

RogueGuy

Garden hasn't been on for almost 2 weeks.

I'm going to guess that his games are dead. If he comes back, someone send me a pm :) until then im deleting threads to declutter my box.

30. - Top - End - #180

Alright, I think I am back and ready to resume this game. I apologize for my complete absence, it's been a rather insane month involving a trip up to the interior of my province, severe dehydration, a dislocated right shoulder, and a run-in with the cops. Insanity abounds. Anyways, it's completely my fault, and I'm sorry. I know play-by-post games are fickle creatures, and long absences do them no good.

So, who is still here and up for it?