New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

On a completely unrelated note Fable 2 is awesome simply because Stephen Fry voices a rogue, and a bastard at that(hope that's not too vulgar).

@V: Oh cool, I tend to keep swearing to low anyway, but I thought it was an appropiate descriptor.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-10-27 at 05:45 AM.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    (hope that's not too vulgar ).
    It's in the comic. If it's in the comic, it's allowed.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    It's a chocolate bar. The inside has bubbles in it, like an Aero.
    It's chunkier than an Aero bar though.

Wiki helps!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wispa

It was apparently discontinued in 2003. Wow, I didn't know.
    Very, very clever marketing. Comfort food + retro appeal + period of economic uncertainty = license to print money.

Any bets on the next discontinued fave to make a comeback?
    (Eggy guesses Cadbury's Marble - the white-and-milk chocolate mix from the 90s)
    -----

ION: Woss & Brand to disinter Queen Mum (I really wouldn't put it past them )
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-27 at 06:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Very, very clever marketing. Comfort food + retro appeal + period of economic uncertainty = license to print money.

Any bets on the next discontinued fave to make a comeback?
    POGS!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Hang on, I don't think they were discontinued. but I haven't seen them in years.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-10-27 at 05:55 AM.
    My new website/blog:

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Pogs...I remember those! Those little flat cardboard discs you used to have to pile up and hit with slightly heavier plastic disc thingies! I used to have a shedload in my younger days...

I wonder if they're still up in the attic?

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #576
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know I saw some pogs just 3 years ago. Have they really been discontinued?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently not, I thought they were but they're still going by the looks of it.
    My new website/blog:

8. - Top - End - #578

Koorly is currently ecstatic. For the first time in well over five months she's found a book from a series (out of print she thinks) that she's been collecting since she was ten.
    Number of books from said series she owns: eighteen.

@Recaiden: Gaiman is as close to Pratchett's style as I know. And I love him for it. You must read more Pratchett.

@groundhog: I did the same thing with Good Omens - finished it less than four hours after buying it and read it again the next day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #579

Cris is less than ecstatic. While cleaning a butcher knife last night it slipped and cut right acriss the first joint of my right pointer. Deeply too. Hurts like helll right now and is making typing a real pain...

...at least as long as I don't flex my finger the bleeding has stopped.

10. - Top - End - #580

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Cris is less than ecstatic. While cleaning a butcher knife last night it slipped and cut right acriss the first joint of my right pointer. Deeply too. Hurts like helll right now and is making typing a real pain...

Ouch. Well, at least you can go to your paladin companion and have him heal you up. It's his duty right?
    But if it hurts to type I suggest you stop so that you don't prolong the time it takes to get better.

*listens to Queen Live At The Bowl again*
    I haven't heard some of these songs before this concert. They're good.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #581

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ouch. Well, at least you can go to your paladin companion and have him heal you up. It's his duty right?
    But if it hurts to type I suggest you stop so that you don't prolong the time it takes to get better.

*listens to Queen Live At The Bowl again*
    I haven't heard some of these songs before this concert. They're good.
    Yeah...he's remarkably less adept at healing real wounds.

I wish I had the option to stop typing, but work is work...except when all the servers are down...then it's find something to do before boredom drives you mad...

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

You know that pad of fat just under your thumb? Guy I work with told me about this time when he accidentally cut clean through it whist trying to cut open a box. He needed... 8 stitches, I think it was.

He got 2 days to recover, then know what they got him to do? The cleaning products Aisle. You know, the one filled with soap.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

13. - Top - End - #583

If the servers are down you're bored. Read a book. Simple. Now, being me, and knowing almost nothing about computers the servers being down still allows internet right?
    So surf, paddle and dive in the briny, all encompassing internet and entertain yourself. I still say book, but well, I'm me. And I'm actually quite proud of myself as I'm touchtyping. Still having trouble with the semicolon and apostrophe buttons, but I'm getting there.

And it is a shame Mordokai can only heal cyber wounds. Maybe one day, when the internet is a whole new super-world type whosamawhits you can use the powers of your avvie to affect the world.
    But then you'd have problems involving Cat - Muffins being et; B-Kachus and Egomeowths; not to mention the acronym associations.
    And this's just one site!

Oh dear. 4chan.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #584
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    You know that pad of fat just under your thumb? Guy I work with told me about this time when he accidentally cut clean through it whist trying to cut open a box. He needed... 8 stitches, I think it was.

He got 2 days to recover, then know what they got him to do? The cleaning products Aisle. You know, the one filled with soap.
    That's one sadistic employer. Okay, everything's supposed to be sealed up in packages, but everyone knows that there's always at least one leaky one.

I remember when my class was volunteering with a food service organization, making packages of nonperishables, and one of my friends got a nasty cut on her leg when a jar of pickles dropped and broke on her. The brine didn't do good things for the cut, and then five minutes later she got a tub of hummus spilled on it too. Not fun.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

15. - Top - End - #585

Huh.
    It's been raining out front for about five minutes; as I live in the attic, I know for a fact the rain stopped about an inch or two below the highest part of the roof.
    And it's only just started raining out back.

My friend once accidentally got a lot of salt in a cut on her hand when we had food tech, she was in tears about it. It was a fairly deep cut, and lots of salt.
    People always say lemon juice in paper cuts is the worst though. Not sure why.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounds bad, Destro. Are you sure you should have that checked by a doctor, Cristo? What did the hummus do to the cut, Groundhog? I've never heard of that before.
    Last edited by Tempest Fennac; 2008-10-27 at 09:10 AM.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh.
    My friend once accidentally got a lot of salt in a cut on her hand when we had food tech, she was in tears about it. It was a fairly deep cut, and lots of salt.
    People always say lemon juice in paper cuts is the worst though. Not sure why.
    I presume it's because of the ph, salt won't really do much damage on the tough skin but when it gets to more vulnerable parts it will, same with lemon juice, although lemon juice is a acid and salt an alkali. You may want to try neutralising it when something like that does happen, not sure.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-10-27 at 09:14 AM.
    My new website/blog:

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

The Indiana Jones theme is absolutely genius.
    Anywho, that's who I'll be going as on Halloween. With some luck, I'll end up with some photos.

Indiana just grew half a foot, and got skinny, fair-skinned, and blonde.

EDIT: Table salt is not an alkali.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-27 at 09:17 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Once upon a time, I got hungry and went to the fridge at my Grandma's house. I took out a Dulce de Leche from there and tried to cut it, because it was too big. You know what happens to Dulce de Leche when you put it in the fridge? It turns rock-hard.

It was a pretty big knife. In retrospect my position wasn't the best to be using a knife. Trying to use it, I accidentally pushed to hard and stabbed the side of my hand. Took two stitches, I can still see the scar. It's been like 10 years or more.

20. - Top - End - #590

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    That sounds bad, Destro. Are you sure you should have that checked by a doctor, Cristo? What did the hummus do to the cut, Groundhog? I've never heard of that before.
    I always prefer to have deep cuts checked out. Especially when they're right on the joint like this one is and don't stop bleeding after several hours of pressure.

The bleeding seems to have stopped, but I know the second I try and flex that finger it'll start up again.

edit: on scars: I actually have matching scars on my thumbs and what I call my "harry potter scar." A small one right above my left eye that I got taking an unintended shot to the forehead in a swordfight (no, really, I'm not making that up.)
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-10-27 at 09:17 AM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Would you consider letting me use Reiki on it? I'd still recommend that you went to the doctors, but if you're interrested, I'll PM you a link we can use.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

If the servers are down you're bored. Read a book. Simple. Now, being me, and knowing almost nothing about computers the servers being down still allows internet right?

So surf, paddle and dive in the briny, all encompassing internet and entertain yourself. I still say book, but well, I'm me. And I'm actually quite proud of myself as I'm touchtyping. Still having trouble with the semicolon and apostrophe buttons, but I'm getting there.

And it is a shame Mordokai can only heal cyber wounds. Maybe one day, when the internet is a whole new super-world type whosamawhits you can use the powers of your avvie to affect the world.
    But then you'd have problems involving Cat - Muffins being et; B-Kachus and Egomeowths; not to mention the acronym associations.
    And this's just one site!

Oh dear. 4chan.
    Why the gibberfugue Curly? Is the workload getting to you at last?

You really should take up some form of traditional dance.

23. - Top - End - #593

edit: on scars: I actually have matching scars on my thumbs and what I call my "harry potter scar." A small one right above my left eye that I got taking an unintended shot to the forehead in a swordfight (no, really, I'm not making that up.)
    I've got scars everywhere. It would be fine if I were a jock or a skater or something, but these don't help me look cooler at all... *sigh*

24. - Top - End - #594

Yeah, the only scars that usually look cool are facial ones, and the problem with facial scars is...well...they usually involve receiving something potentially lethal to the face...

Would you consider letting me use Reiki on it? I'd still recommend that you went to the doctors, but if you're interrested, I'll PM you a link we can use.
    I've got my own techniques I use.

But you're sweet to offer

25. - Top - End - #595

Yeah, the only scars that usually look cool are facial ones, and the problem with facial scars is...well...they usually involve receiving something potentially lethal to the face...
    Oh, yeah. And then, of course, people can see them all the time and always want to ask. Plus I doubt they go well on people with glasses, because people will assume the answer is "glasses broke in my face". Stupid glasses, I freakin' hate them.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you do it, Cristo? I'm always curious about how I can improve this sort of thing.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597

How do you do it, Cristo? I'm always curious about how I can improve this sort of thing.
    Just focus and visualization, really, nothing special.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    EDIT: Table salt is not an alkali.
    I thought it was a very weak alkali? or is that why you crossed it out?
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-10-27 at 09:32 AM.
    My new website/blog:

29. - Top - End - #599

@ruki - chan: Dulche De Luce is ice cream? Our freezer's like that too. We put our ice cream in the freezer for a fortnight; take it out for Christmas and have to use our sharpest knives to hack out chips of ice cream to eat.
    I had to saw an entire tub of vanilla ice cream in blocks using a meat carving knife and it still took twenty minutes to do.

@Eggy: Nah. half term. Plus I spent two hours in bed trapped under a cat when I wanted to get up. Also, I may be coming down with something. Typical really.
    And Goth Morrisers. I'd rather see the re-enactment of the Dark Morrisers from Lancre. Or just the Lancre Morris Dancers full stop. They won after twelve hours extra time; scared away all the other competitors and Jason will not let them do the Stick and Bucket Dance again.
    Especially not in mixed company as it counts as sexual morrisment.

EDIT:
    Wow, I do seem a bit spoony today. Maybe I am getting ill.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-10-27 at 09:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #600

@ruki - chan: Dulche De Luce is ice cream? Our freezer's like that too. We put our ice cream in the freezer for a fortnight; take it out for Christmas and have to use our sharpest knives to hack out chips of ice cream to eat.
    I had to saw an entire tub of vanilla ice cream in blocks using a meat carving knife and it still took twenty minutes to do.
    *shakes head*

Non, Dulce de Leche translates literally as "Milk Candy". It's made by Burning Milk. Looks like this:

Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-10-27 at 09:35 AM.