New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Also, I may be coming down with something. Typical really.
    I'm ill on my week off, it's my brother's fault for being ill first, got a bad cough and headache and I had a fever but that seems to have gone.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-10-27 at 09:41 AM.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Oh, yeah. And then, of course, people can see them all the time and always want to ask. Plus I doubt they go well on people with glasses, because people will assume the answer is "glasses broke in my face". Stupid glasses, I freakin' hate them.
    I like my glasses. I've got these huge frames on them, so I can, y'know, actually see out of them. They look really good on me.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for telling me, Cristo. I don't like scars to be honest (I've only got one on my right little finger and I'm not sure how it got there).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #604
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    Thanks for telling me, Cristo. I don't like scars to be honest (I've only got one on my right little finger and I'm not sure how it got there).
    Lesse...scars on my hands...

inside right thumb: hand through a window (my first scar)
    top of same thumb: small burn scar
    base of hand, top: line scar, I think from a cat
    top of right pinky: another burn and another line scar
    top of right pointer (soon): slash across first joint

side of left thumb: gash from an exacto knife
    left wrist: small cut

I should probably be more careful...

5. - Top - End - #605

I have glasses. And facial scars. I like the scar on my forehead because everyone's so gullible about it.
    They really will belive anything about it. Just because it's about the size of the tip of my right index finger.
    Best lie about it ever: I was rescuing a darling lickle kitten from the top of [insert name of highest tree in village] when it panicked, jumped on me, clawed out a chunk of my forehead and I fell halfway down it.
    Foolish people. And they all knew I hated climbing trees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #606
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

My hands are very, very, very scarred. I have that stab scar, then one from where I tore off a huge piece of skin on my index finger, a few others that I can't remember and one from when I..............

Not graphical, but might make some people nauseous.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...drove a sparkler in through the back of my index finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I like my glasses. I've got these huge frames on them, so I can, y'know, actually see out of them. They look really good on me.
    Yeah, well, if I could see out of them, I wouldn't have to worry in the first place. Oh well, only like one or two more years before I qualify for laser surgery.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I like my glasses. Contacts scare me. So does laser surgery.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Same here with lazer surgery (contacts look uncomfortable to me). It would be great to have 20/20 vision, though (glasses are annoying when it's raining).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Glasses can be awesome.
    Though I'm pretty happy I don't have to wear them often.(have them with me most of the time though...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I like my glasses. Contacts scare me. So does laser surgery.
    Agreed. I've been wearing them since I was six...I don't look right without em.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

I've had my glasses since I was three years old, cannot imagine not having glasses.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    *shakes head*

Non, Dulce de Leche translates literally as "Milk Candy". It's made by Burning Milk. Looks like this:

*snip*
    Note that some companies do make dulce de leche flavored ice cream or ice cream that contains dulce de leche.

Also, I feel kind of left out since I don't wear glasses.

Edit: I had 20/25 vision last time I had an eye test done, which was admittedly years ago. Although, I have noted a slight astigmatism in my right eye.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-10-27 at 11:03 AM.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

Problem with my glasses is that my eyes are really dark, so whenever I take off the glasses people get freaked out by my eyes.

Also, here's a lovely game for you:

My prescription is -10, -10.5.

Anyone here who has worse than that gets a cookie, and should be getting NHS care.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll admit I don't have worse, my eyes are just weird.

+1, -0.75 are mine.

I don't even need glasses to see properly, I need them to keep from getting a headache.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

20/20 vision here.
    Well, damn near. I'm ever so slightly far-sighted, but I have no trouble focusing on things up close.

I beat the genetic odds, as well. Both my parents are near-sighted. My father was near-sighted early in his childhood.
    EDIT: @^: And yes, I'll fill the TBD slot with you. Let me know if you want your personality portrayed accurately. I'm doing my own personality pretty much bang on.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-27 at 10:59 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

16. - Top - End - #616

Now that I've got a brand of contacts that are comfortable to wear for more than 6 hours I'm starting to prefer contacts again. I've worn glasses since I was around 6 years old or so...

I've also found that, despite all logic, just changing from no glasses to glasses is actually an effective disguise...I guess Superman wasn't a dull as we all thought

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    EDIT: @^: And yes, I'll fill the TBD slot with you. Let me know if you want your personality portrayed accurately. I'm doing my own personality pretty much bang on.
    Accurate personality, please.

If you need to know moar, jus' ask.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

I was told to wear glasses when I was younger because I have a lazy eye but there's actually nothing wrong with my eyesight, in fact I'm better at seeing than most people.
    My new website/blog:

19. - Top - End - #619
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Thing is I have like 4 points of Myopia AND Astigmatism. So the contact lenses that don't hurt, the soft ones, don't correct my Astigmatism. Which is why I REALLY want that LAZOR surgery. I can't even see my computer screen without glasses.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-10-27 at 11:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Now that I've got a brand of contacts that are comfortable to wear for more than 6 hours I'm starting to prefer contacts again. I've worn glasses since I was around 6 years old or so...

I've also found that, despite all logic, just changing from no glasses to glasses is actually an effective disguise...I guess Superman wasn't a dull as we all thought
    It's because people recognize facial ratios, how big are the ears to the cheeks, eyes to nose, and such, and their placement on the face. Adding or taking away glasses reveals more of the face and completely takes away a ratio in itself, so it can be very confusing for the brain.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    That sounds bad, Destro. Are you sure you should have that checked by a doctor, Cristo? What did the hummus do to the cut, Groundhog? I've never heard of that before.
    It not only stung, because of the lemon juice in it, but it also got inside the cut and left chickpea grit under her skin. There wasn't any first-aid or even bandaids there, so she couldn't cover up the cut right away, and then the hummus got in it. By the time we got back to our dorm, the cut looked really gross and it took about an hour to get the hummus out of it.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

She should have been allowed to leave to get bandages/plasters or something to stop it. That's irresponsible of the supervisors(if there were any).
    My new website/blog:

23. - Top - End - #623

There were supervisors, but we were in a warehouse in the middle of an industrial neighborhood. There wasn't even anyplace to get bandages, and our bus wasn't waiting outside for us, it wasn't coming back until an hour or so later. So we were effectively stranded. Frankly, the supervisors weren't expecting an injury like that, because most of their volunteers were guys, who would be wearing pants, not girls wearing short little skirts.

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that makes it a bit more understandable then, but they should have had at least a few bandages just in case.
    My new website/blog:

25. - Top - End - #625

Well, after that, they did. My class went back there another time and I saw a large box of bandages taped to the wall with a sign next to them which read "BAND-AIDS".

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post

I think some people just look better with glasses. You will never get me to wear contacts.

27. - Top - End - #627

She shouldn't have been wearing a 'short little skirt' in the first place. If she knew she was volunteering at a place where she could potentially get hurt, it'd make sense to wear practical clothing wouldn't it?
    I therefore conclude that a small part of her pain was her fault. Silly girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    She shouldn't have been wearing a 'short little skirt' in the first place. If she knew she was volunteering at a place where she could potentially get hurt, it'd make sense to wear practical clothing wouldn't it?
    I therefore conclude that a small part of her pain was her fault. Silly girl.
    *nods*

If someone shows up wearing inappropriate clothing where I work, my supervisor will send them home to change. Seriously, there's just some places where 'short little skirts' and the like are a bad idea. Safety > looking good. Too bad it doesn't sound like catching a ride home to change was an option for your friend, groundhog22.

Of course, no one spends much time considering the possibility of being hurt at work when they're picking out what to wear. Well, almost nobody does; exceptions being police, firemen, anyone in the armed forces, some personnel in the mental health/social work fields (being assaulted by a client is a constant risk where I work), etc.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-10-27 at 01:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Also, here's a lovely game for you:

My prescription is -10, -10.5.

Anyone here who has worse than that gets a cookie, and should be getting NHS care.
    I know of someone who has worse prescription. Somewhere in the 20s.

Me, I got perfect eyes. I so want to wear glasses, but they make me dizzy.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I know of someone who has worse prescription. Somewhere in the 20s.

Me, I got perfect eyes. I so want to wear glasses, but they make me dizzy.
    Why would you want to wear glasses?
    The only glasses I wanna wear are my badass aviators.
    This avatar by Phase.