New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

My eyes are most likely really weird as I've tried on loads of people's glasses before and I've been able to see through them perfectly. Didn't even get headache or anything.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

*is confused by European prescriptions*

My eyes aren't BAD (20/55 or 60 in the worse one), but one is nearsighted and one is farsighted, and my doctor can't seem to correct my astigmatism, so while my glasses keep me from getting the blinding headaches I have without them, I still can't see all that great. It's very annoying when I'm driving in a place I don't know, because I can't read street signs until I'm almost too close to turn in time.

Me: "Is that...Alder? Aldan? Avery? HOLY CRAP I HAVE TO TURN!"

Fortunately I live in a small town where I don't need to read signs, I just need to remember routes. And when I go on long trips I have my perfect-visioned little brother to help me out.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

*has 110% sight with glasses*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Why would you want to wear glasses?
    The only glasses I wanna wear are my badass aviators.
    Because glasses are hot. More so on guys. Well, actually, more so on girls, but that's because they're girls. If things were otherwise equal, it'd be the guys.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    *is confused by European prescriptions*

My eyes aren't BAD (20/55 or 60 in the worse one), but one is nearsighted and one is farsighted, and my doctor can't seem to correct my astigmatism, so while my glasses keep me from getting the blinding headaches I have without them, I still can't see all that great. It's very annoying when I'm driving in a place I don't know, because I can't read street signs until I'm almost too close to turn in time.

Me: "Is that...Alder? Aldan? Avery? HOLY CRAP I HAVE TO TURN!"

Fortunately I live in a small town where I don't need to read signs, I just need to remember routes. And when I go on long trips I have my perfect-visioned little brother to help me out.
    Heh, that's what my parents make me do. Being slightly far-sighted, I get little jokes about telling them what 'my elven eyes see'.

EDIT: @^: Ahh, okay. Aviators especially, methinks.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-27 at 01:27 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground

Optometrist says that I should be wearing glasses. He also said that I could probably go a few more years without them but I couldn't expect to get my licence without glasses.

I would love to wear glasses (contact lenses scare me) but I can afford the frames right now.

EDIT: I wonder what I would look like if I had glasses.
    Last edited by B-Man; 2008-10-27 at 01:47 PM.
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I dunno what my perscription is. All I know is I can see just under 10 cm before it goes fuzzy. Extremely short sighted.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

Last night, I watched Batman: Gotham Knight and The Batman vs. Dracula. My brain has been inundated with Batman.

The urge to put on a cape and fight criminals is overwhelming.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just had my eyes checked last week. I'm at 0 for my left and -1.5 on my right - one of my coworkers has suggested that I get a monocle.

Last time I had them checked they were +0.5 and -2, and when I first got glasses I was at +2 and -3. If this continues, in a few years I won't need glasses at all. I'm not sure what I'll do then, since I've been wearing them for 16 years now...

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I dunno what my perscription is. All I know is I can see just under 10 cm before it goes fuzzy. Extremely short sighted.
    Hmmm...
    You're actually close to mine. Wow.

Find out what it is exactly if you can, I'm curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    The urge to put on a cape and fight criminals is overwhelming.
    Welcome to how I feel every minute of my life.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Also, for any users named dish, they should totally go check my livejournal. And then comment. And see my comment on their earlier entry and comment on that, too.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know where my prescription is, but I can't read his handwriting. I believe one eye may be around -10/+10 and the other around -14/+14. I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the -/+ is, but it was a while ago and thing's've gotten worse.

One example is that I let my brother rickroll me. On my laptop. While I was watching and eating.
    It's a ridiculously catchy song and I had to physically bite down on the words as I almost started singing along.
    *sings along*
    NO!
    AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!
    Help! Me!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

She's lost! Abandon ship! Flee! Flee for your lives! Run for the hills!
    But we're on a ship, right? You said : Abandon ship...
    Shut up you!

And -/+ is farsighted and shortsigted, maybe not in that actual order.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    She's lost! Abandon ship! Flee! Flee for your lives! Run for the hills!
    But we're on a ship, right? You said : Abandon ship...
    Shut up you!

And -/+ is farsighted and shortsigted, maybe not in that actual order.
    Maybe you are saying that we should abandon shipping?

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Maybe you are saying that we should abandon shipping?
    There will be no such thing. There is still this most awesome ship fic waiting to be written about me and some other girl (preferably DR or Mauvey).

You cannot stop it before that happens.
    I use black for sarcasm.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    There will be no such thing. There is still this most awesome ship fic waiting to be written about me and some other girl (preferably DR or Mauvey).

You cannot stop it before that happens.
    Has anyone got dibs on it? Because I was looking to write an "interlude" or two between installments of my big ship.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Dragonrider has dibs on at least one (cause I threatened to kill her otherwise). You can make one either way, though. Cause twice the amount of awesome = double the amount of awesome. Naturally.
    I use black for sarcasm.

18. - Top - End - #648

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Hmmm...
    You're actually close to mine. Wow.

Find out what it is exactly if you can, I'm curious now.
    Hmm... I actually have no idea how I'd do that. Maybe because I didn't want to be able to remember my last eyetest. Stupid problems with heat and fainting and ARGHAFSALKFAJDSKGOASFKIHASLKDAS.

That felt good.

Yay for random thumping of the keyboard.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

What is this madness of yours, Castaras?

Explain your new avatar quickly, before I will let you starve from a lack of cookies and milk!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #650

DrowGirl

Hello! It looks like you're writing an explanation for your halloween avatar! Might I suggest that you start by denying all efforts to the contrary!

It looks like you are suspected of being an evil sadistic monster for using Clippy as your avatar! I suggest you plead guilty and throw yourself at the mercy of the forum!

Oh, and if you have any other questions, feel free to click me for more answers!
    Last edited by Castaras; 2008-10-27 at 03:02 PM.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

*strangles Castaras' new form*

I...I'm... sorry. You forced my hand with your 'helpful suggestions' and 'not shutting the hell up, you stupid paperclip'

ANYHOO, moving swiftly on. As far as I know I have 20/20 vision. But I haven't had my eyes tested in... I don't even know. I have in the past scared people with my spotting-small-wooden-posts-in-the-ground skills before now. It was orienteering ok?
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-10-27 at 03:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I know where my prescription is, but I can't read his handwriting. I believe one eye may be around -10/+10 and the other around -14/+14. I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the -/+ is, but it was a while ago and thing's've gotten worse.
    Can you see at anywhere between 5cm and 10 cm out clearly, and only there?
    If not, it's probably +
    - would make you short sighted.
    + makes you long sighted.

I know this stuff because I'm terrified of going blind later in life.

Hmm... I actually have no idea how I'd do that. Maybe because I didn't want to be able to remember my last eyetest. Stupid problems with heat and fainting and ARGHAFSALKFAJDSKGOASFKIHASLKDAS.

That felt good.

Yay for random thumping of the keyboard.
    Well, they should give you a print out of your prescription that you can check.

POST TOO SERIOUS!

Look! POKEMANS! I WANTS TO SHOWS YOU THEM!

(It's scary how much of that meme would be filled with Wobbuffet for me)
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-10-27 at 03:47 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

23. - Top - End - #653
    Colossus in the Playground

I've got something like +1 on my right eye, and some abysmally high number on my left. Plus it's lazy. Stupid eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello! It looks like you're writing an explanation for your halloween avatar! Might I suggest that you start by denying all efforts to the contrary!

It looks like you are suspected of being an evil sadistic monster for using Clippy as your avatar! I suggest you plead guilty and throw yourself at the mercy of the forum!

Oh, and if you have any other questions, feel free to click me for more answers!
    *chokes to death*

I think the first time I ever swore at something, it was that guy.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    *has 110% sight with glasses*
    You can see things that aren't there?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

What, you guys don't like paper clip guy?

That was the best idea I put into Gates' mind I've ever put there.

+Ina, Lawful Evil Goddess of Electronics.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    You can see things that aren't there?
    DD sees dead people.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Firbolg in the Playground

Aaaaaah, my hands are so, indescribably cold. Stupid, stupid attic not being warm or having insulation or you know, heat. Then again, nowhere in this house has heating.
    But what they say about heat rising is absolutely false! It makes it to the first floor and stays there, freezing the ground and top floors.
    I whacked my middle finger, and the one to the right of it on my right hand against the wall and was in absolute agony for ten minutes.
    That was oh, two hours twenty five minutes ago. Still hurts like crazy. Mum says that things hurt worse in the cold, so I guess that means it's ridiculously cold up here.
    The fridge felt warm!
    The fridge!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    DD sees dead people.
    In Soviet Russia, Dead People See You!

*flees*
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Aaaaaah, my hands are so, indescribably cold. Stupid, stupid attic not being warm or having insulation or you know, heat. Then again, nowhere in this house has heating.
    But what they say about heat rising is absolutely false! It makes it to the first floor and stays there, freezing the ground and top floors.
    I whacked my middle finger, and the one to the right of it on my right hand against the wall and was in absolute agony for ten minutes.
    That was oh, two hours twenty five minutes ago. Still hurts like crazy. Mum says that things hurt worse in the cold, so I guess that means it's ridiculously cold up here.
    The fridge felt warm!
    The fridge!
    I hear you. My hands and feet are always, ALWAYS cold. Even if the rest of me is warm.

Well, OK, right this minute it's not too bad. But usually....