New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    *Stuff:
    Lucky.

I spent $50 on music today.
    And $20 on books.
    One of which is about the economy/job market by the woman who's going to review my college essay, the other is the secret life of bee's.

Oh, and I feel dirty for listening to shinedown.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

*ahem*

Serpentine's Stupendous Bragging session (contracted due to time constraints)
    So. I'm on the second full day (i.e. woke up here, will go to sleep here) of a 6 full-day spell on Heron Island on the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. Yesterday I had some lectures, then snorkelled for an hour or two, with sharks and turtles, then sat on the beach and read for several hours. Then I had a quiz, but whatever. It was followed by sitting around 3 turtles as they layed their eggs. So far today, I've snorkelled, again, for a couple of hours, with a shark again. Beautiful. I've got a lecture right now, but pffft, whatever. It's interesting. More turtles tonight.

Sharks and turtles? Ugh. I did the training for my license in the Black Sea. It's cold and desolate, aside from the hordes of tiny jellyfish. Oh, and all the venomous things with spikes and teeth that can kill you. There was a plane wreck somewhere, but it was 10m below my allowed range without the license, which I did not as of then have. A shame, that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

*ahem*

So. I'm on the second full day (i.e. woke up here, will go to sleep here) of a 6 full-day spell on Heron Island on the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. Yesterday I had some lectures, then snorkelled for an hour or two, with sharks and turtles, then sat on the beach and read for several hours. Then I had a quiz, but whatever. It was followed by sitting around 3 turtles as they layed their eggs. So far today, I've snorkelled, again, for a couple of hours, with a shark again. Beautiful. I've got a lecture right now, but pffft, whatever. It's interesting. More turtles tonight.

:envy:
    *resurrects her Envy - O - Meter*
    You're at number three. Congratulations. Plus, it's warm where you are, you're at the Great Barrier Reef - a place I will likely never go - seeing many fun and rare things I will never likely see.
    *want to be there*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Barbarian in the Playground

*concurs with Curly*

I've never gotten to go anywhere remotely like that...Jealous, very jealous.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

*ahem*

That sounds like a lot of fun...I guess.

Personally, it kind of gives me the willies. You see, I have this odd phobia of fish. I don't mind a cod filet every now and then (actually, I love seafood), but I just can't stand the thought of actually swimming with aquatic life. Their world is utterly alien to me; silent, claustrophobic (which I normally don't have a problem with, I'm sort of a claustrophiliac), and sometimes murky enough that you can't see them coming for you. I hate snorkeling - I always feel out of breath.

But, hey, more power to you. I suppose one person's paradise is another's nightmare fuel. (Although, oddly, I can't remember ever having a nightmare set in an aquatic setting; all of my "nightmares" involve my ex-gf's! )

6. - Top - End - #816
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I love marine life. If I had a chance to swim with it, I would love to be able to do so. In fact, I like it a lot more when it's alive than in a dish. Except for a certain Salmon, of course...

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

*ahem*

Wait, is this where you've been all this time?
    I missed you!
    Don't run off like that again missy!
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #818
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Hell, Cornwall actually exists. There's a place in Kent called Thong . . .
    Arkengarthdale in Yorkshire. Yes, it exists. Most Tolkienian placename EVER.

*ahem*

<braggery and turtle-bothering spoilered>

Spoiler
    Show

Life is good for the squamous one.

Although we should warn JibJab that her investigations are close to uncovering his secret underwater lair (pronounce the initial letters of "Great Barrier Reef" aloud. Coincidence? As if!).
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-29 at 04:41 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheBST View Post
    Me and fellow scousers feel your pain! ('cept we live on the damn seafront and it's windy as all get out too) Still, it's The North- you know as well as I do that it doesn't snow until March.
    No snow here either. It's actually quite warm, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Arkengarthdale in Yorkshire. Yes, it exists. Most Tolkienian placename EVER.
    There's also That austrian village, and Hell - Gods Expedition in Norway. And That french town that has a name that is associated with contraception.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2008-10-29 at 04:44 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Big snow here in the sunny south well 3" anyhow.
    I had to unfreeze my car door, and spent over an hour getting to work (it's a ten minute drive which usually takes me 7) many many crashed cars, ambulances, and police cars this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

Turkey has Batman.

Beat that!
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Turkey has Batman.

Beat that!
    Frig! It's true!

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh Gods below, sideways and Behing You, Dead Set is amazing. It's a proper style zombie apocalypse with the screaming zombie problems; guns and everything.
    This will be fun.
    Shame I missed the first episode, but I can rewatch it on the internets.
    It is good isn't it but as I pointed out prior, it's obvious they're on a channel four budget by the directing. Still good, but it looks a bit amateurish because of it.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

14. - Top - End - #824

Low budget does not mean a poor quality show. Red Dwarf had a fantastically low budget for most of its run; and Monty Python and the Holy Grail was made on about Ł250 000 I think; and that was over - budget. It's one of the most popular comedy films of all time.

@Charity: Wow. Much snow, it also proves that cold weather is one of the many weaknesses of Britishers. That and anything foreign; too warm; to windy; too sunny; too early; too late; too boring; too exciting; too futuristic; I could go on, but you get my drift.
    And your drive took six times longer. Snow panic and underpreparation.

And on funny/odd placenames: I know there's a place called Santa Claus somewhere in Canada; there's also a place called F***/something like that somewhere in Australia.

EDIT:
    And my wisdom teeth are growing in and cutting up my cheeks; no wonder babies are grouchy when they teeth. You virtually shred your cheeks to pieces.
    Oh; and after going to bed at about half three I didn't sleep until nine o'clock when I dozed off for half an hour. Then was attacked by a cat. See, My Lady Smudge is actually like a clamp. You're frozen in place until she deigns to:
    a) Move or
    b) Permit you to move her.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-10-29 at 06:51 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Low budget does not mean a poor quality show. Red Dwarf had a fantastically low budget for most of its run; and Monty Python and the Holy Grail was made on about Ł250 000 I think; and that was over - budget. It's one of the most popular comedy films of all time.
    O I know, I quite enjoyed Dead Set as well(still iffy if I'll watch the rest), it's just jarring really, Big Brother itself looks higher budget!(well actually it doesn't because it doesn't have zombies but soooo).
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    O I know, I quite enjoyed Dead Set as well(still iffy if I'll watch the rest), it's just jarring really, Big Brother itself looks higher budget!(well actually it doesn't because it doesn't have zombies but soooo).
    It's started? I was going to watch it...I has missed the start which is annoying.

Low budget films and programs are fun. Red Dwarf looked quite low budget but it felt right for the program. Certain things look better with badly made paper mache suits and rubber monsters than flashy CGI.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

17. - Top - End - #827

Or the Classic Star Trek series. People love them because of the papier mache suits, aliens with rubber foreheads and fairly ridiculous plot lines.
    And Red Dwarf couldn't be Red Dwarf without the Polymorph monster which was literally held up with cables or the scutters that got interference from taxi cabs.
    Sometimes the low budget is one of the things that make it so memorable.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Or the Classic Star Trek series. People love them because of the papier mache suits, aliens with rubber foreheads and fairly ridiculous plot lines.
    And Red Dwarf couldn't be Red Dwarf without the Polymorph monster which was literally held up with cables or the scutters that got interference from taxi cabs.
    Sometimes the low budget is one of the things that make it so memorable.
    Curly, seeing your avatar, and because I don't pay close attention it seems, I thought you were Calamity for a sec. You're too cute to go all demonic!

On another note, I'm feeling particularly nihilistic today. I wish I had a Fascist State of my own to command today. *sigh*

19. - Top - End - #829
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Their world is utterly alien to me; silent, claustrophobic (which I normally don't have a problem with, I'm sort of a claustrophiliac), and sometimes murky enough that you can't see them coming for you.
    Actually, it's not really all that silent at all. If you pause for a moment, you can hear the parrotfish scraping away at the coral... and the water is very clear. In fact, that's one of the requirements for the formation of coral reefs (I is learninguh! )
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I hate snorkeling - I always feel out of breath.
    Yeah, it can get a bit like that. Scuba diving doesn't have that feeling, though. I'm not doing it now, but I tried it just in a swimming pool. 'Twere fun, wish I'd gotten my license in time to do it here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Wait, is this where you've been all this time?
    I missed you!
    Don't run off like that again missy!
    Really? Awwwww ^_^

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

TBW: Funny, I dreamt of being the leader of a 1984ian state tonight. Seemed fun.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

21. - Top - End - #831

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Curly, seeing your avatar, and because I don't pay close attention it seems, I thought you were Calamity for a sec. You're too cute to go all demonic!
    This is the kinkeh Curly.

@Serpie: I missed you too! I was wondering where you were for ages.

Incoming news:
    I got something in the post today. Had mum so excited she was screaming for me to come downstairs and read it now.
    From Merton College, Oxford Uni.
    My application is being seriously considered. This means I'm one step closer to the interview.
    Shame my moment was spoiled utterly by Idiot Littlest Brother loudly proclaiming that 'Oxford was a complete dump' and that he'd rip up my letter. I know, I know, he doesn't mean it. But well.
    Still holding onto the bubbly feeling though. Shame there isn't a smily good enough to denote how I feel:

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    TBW: Funny, I dreamt of being the leader of a 1984ian state tonight. Seemed fun.
    I'm telling you, can you think of anything better than being the LEADER of a Fascist/Orwellian state? Living in one would be the ultimate suck, but being the leader of one? Oh, it gives me goosebumps...

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Gah!

IS IT SNOWING IN EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE WORLD EXCEPT MANCHESTER!?

Seriously! I've had to freeze to death all day and I don't even get to see a single bit of snow?
    A fellow Greater Mancunian? Good day, sir!

And I concur, no snow out here in the suburbs either.

Also, I have the odd feeling of wanting to rant, but I have nothing to rant about...

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Also, I have the odd feeling of wanting to rant, but I have nothing to rant about...
    Rant about how lukewarm your breakfast was... Or, if it was cold cereal, how much you would rather have Cocoa Krispies.

Edit: Wait, its probably afternoon for you, in that case, rant about lunch. (sorry, I'm a bit hungry right now...)
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-29 at 09:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

I live in the suburbs. I know there's no snow here.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Mistaken for a girl... again?
    This happens every week!

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    I live in the suburbs. I know there's no snow here.

Mistaken for a girl... again?
    This happens every week!
    More like I mistook a girl for a man. That is no slight on YOUR masculinity.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Incoming news:
    I got something in the post today. Had mum so excited she was screaming for me to come downstairs and read it now.
    My application is being seriously considered. This means I'm one step closer to the interview.
    Shame my moment was spoiled utterly by Idiot Littlest Brother loudly proclaiming that 'Oxford was a complete dump' and that he'd rip up my letter. I know, I know, he doesn't mean it. But well.
    Still holding onto the bubbly feeling though. Shame there isn't a smily good enough to denote how I feel:
    WOOOOO!
    Go Curly.

2 things:
    1. Awesome avatar.
    2. Why as it taken me this long to realize you're 17?
    For some reason I've thought you were 20 for the longest time.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    WOOOOO!
    Go Curly.

2 things:
    1. Awesome avatar.
    2. Why as it taken me this long to realize you're 17?
    For some reason I've thought you were 20 for the longest time.
    She is certainly more well-read and articulate than most 17-year olds that I know... If she hadn't stated how old she was I would have placed her much older than even 20.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Incoming news:
    Congratulations, Curly! I'm so happy for you!

You're gonna love University life.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Frig! It's true!
    Well there's a village in France that's named after meeee! Guillaume!

Ok, not named after me. But still the same(even though translated to french) name.
    And I've been there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!