New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Astronauts, Cavemen are far too sensitive to ad campaigns of the car insurance companies.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

@Bosssmiley:Mark Lamarr chose to leave as well, he wasn't forcefully replaces. Simon Amstell only got the job because Mark left.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

3. - Top - End - #963
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah, I love the astronaut/caveman debate from Angel; took over the whole cast. Hey, DRider, which series are you on?

Now to bring down the thread.
    My Lady Smudge has been sleeping on my bed every night (and most of the day) in half term. She's been having bad nose bleeds for three nights on my divet (which is currently coverless thanks to another cat - related incident) but they'll come out.
    The thing is, I've become so accustomed to the little pool of warmth curled up somewhere on or near my legs so today when I woke up there was a phantom warmth and prescence - I swear I could feel a cat there - where she normally is: curled up in a ball by the right knee.
    Now, it could just be my being so used to the weight and warmth (Something which is quite welcome considering the Coldocalypse and my thin duvet) that made her there; but she's not missed a night or day since Sunday.
    Keeping in mind her being ill I'm quite worried. Creeping up to anxious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ah, I love the astronaut/caveman debate from Angel; took over the whole cast. Hey, DRider, which series are you on?

Now to bring down the thread.
    My Lady Smudge has been sleeping on my bed every night (and most of the day) in half term. She's been having bad nose bleeds for three nights on my divet (which is currently coverless thanks to another cat - related incident) but they'll come out.
    The thing is, I've become so accustomed to the little pool of warmth curled up somewhere on or near my legs so today when I woke up there was a phantom warmth and prescence - I swear I could feel a cat there - where she normally is: curled up in a ball by the right knee.
    Now, it could just be my being so used to the weight and warmth (Something which is quite welcome considering the Coldocalypse and my thin duvet) that made her there; but she's not missed a night or day since Sunday.
    Keeping in mind her being ill I'm quite worried. Creeping up to anxious.
    I hope she is alright! My little kittie got ill a couple of weeks back and we were terribly worried about her. Have you considered taking her to a vet?

Also, to my British-counterparts in the playground. I am at work again, and I need you 6-hours-ahead people to entertain me for another dreary day!

5. - Top - End - #965

She's shown up and is currently doing her cat-ly duties of obstructing the keyboard.
    We can't even afford to take her to the vet though.

TwoBit; why're you in work at seven? Sadly, as it's half term you'll either get nothing being talked about or something - but very late indeed. Luckily for you though, it'll almost certainly involving moaning or complaining as it's our unofficial national sport.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I hope she is alright! My little kittie got ill a couple of weeks back and we were terribly worried about her. Have you considered taking her to a vet?

Also, to my British-counterparts in the playground. I am at work again, and I need you 6-hours-ahead people to entertain me for another dreary day!
    With what would you like to be entertained?
    This avatar by Phase.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Curly: I'm sorry your free healthcare doesn't extend to pets. And I actually start work at 7:30, and my Windows Time Zone thingie says that Central Time is GMT-6:00, so I just went with that.

Working at 7:30 and living twenty miles from where I work means I typically get up at 6:00 every day (5:30 if I want some Xbox time in...)

Sorry you guys are still in school (losers! ) but luckily when your school is out for the day, I will still be here...

On another note, my Halloween costume is great. I went as a punk rocker ala "The Clash." I think I am more Mick Jones then Joe Strummer. And yes, I wore it to work
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-31 at 08:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going as en English Gent (I.e a suit with my trilby and a monocle) because we didnt really have time/i couldnt be bothered/afford another costume.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Curly: I'm sorry your free healthcare doesn't extend to pets. And I actually start work at 7:30, and my Windows Time Zone thingie says that Central Time is GMT-6:00, so I just went with that.

Working at 7:30 and living twenty miles from where I work means I typically get up at 6:00 every day (5:30 if I want some Xbox time in...)

Sorry you guys are still in school (losers! ) but luckily when your school is out for the day, I will still be here...

On another note, my Halloween costume is great. I went as a punk rocker ala "The Clash." I think I am more Mick Jones then Joe Strummer. And yes, I wore it to work
    I went as Indiana Jones to school. I'm still looking around for pictures of it. My friends put eyeliner on me, and nothing has turned me off of wearing makeup more than GETTING IT OFF.
    This avatar by Phase.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Bugbear in the Playground

She's shown up and is currently doing her cat-ly duties of obstructing the keyboard.
    We can't even afford to take her to the vet though...
    I know you're a long way from anywhere else, but isn't there even a PDSA in the nearest city? If you've got a cat box you could even take her on the dreaded bus.

(Hope Lady Smudge is ok.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

11. - Top - End - #971

No PDSA nearby. Closest vet is also shut until nine am tomorrow.Next closest vet is twenty miles away and I'd rather not be bleeding from over a dozen four inch long deep scratches by attempting that. Especially as that vet requires an appointment to be made far in advance.

And the cat's just Smudge, but she acts like the gentry demanding napkins, cups to drink from, her own personal table and rides everywhere in the house that she's bevcome my Lady Smudge.
    Truly, I am naught but a beloved servant.

No Hallowe'en costume for me. Only been trick or treating twice; never been to no parties either.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess your "Kinkeh Curleh" avatar will suffice. Thats all I'm gonna see today
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-31 at 08:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

No PDSA nearby. Closest vet is also shut until nine am tomorrow.Next closest vet is twenty miles away and I'd rather not be bleeding from over a dozen four inch long deep scratches by attempting that. Especially as that vet requires an appointment to be made far in advance.

And the cat's just Smudge, but she acts like the gentry demanding napkins, cups to drink from, her own personal table and rides everywhere in the house that she's bevcome my Lady Smudge.
    Truly, I am naught but a beloved servant.

No Hallowe'en costume for me. Only been trick or treating twice; never been to no parties either.
    More than I've done. Never been trick or treating (parents don't like it), and never been to parties (I don't like parties).
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #974
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    More than I've done. Never been trick or treating (parents don't like it), and never been to parties (I don't like parties).
    Well, you know...trick or treating isn't a British custom. It has been imported from across the pond.

Do something traditional like bobbing for apples or telling us a scarey ghost story.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Well, you know...trick or treating isn't a British custom. It has been imported from across the pond.

Do something traditional like bobbing for apples or telling us a scarey ghost story.
    The last time I went Trick-or-Treating I was 19, and I went as Aragorn from LOTR (before Fellowship was even released I think... or Two Towers, can't recall) and my friend, Will, went as Gandalf. He even got a fake beard that he glued on to his face. The beard ended up clumped together in three thin strands and we called him "Fu Manchu" Gandalf because of it .

Another random slice of TwoBitWriter's life.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't remember the last time I went trick or treating, but I'll dress up at school and such for halloween.

I don't do parties, either, unless they're small, and made up only of people I know well.
    This avatar by Phase.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

I've never been interrested in Trick or Treating either (I don't like parties or dressing up either to be honest).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

The closest thing to Hallowe'en I've ever been was one crazy nutcase decided he'd treat Saint Martin's day as Hallowe'en, scared the heck of out little 10 year old me.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

No Halloween stuff, I'm going to a lecture at an one of Britain's most reputed museums.

*feels own nerd factor rising*

Um.... PARTIES! BEER! That fix it?
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    No Halloween stuff, I'm going to a lecture at an one of Britain's most reputed museums.

*feels own nerd factor rising*

Um.... PARTIES! BEER! That fix it?
    Thats why my wife and I are doing, going to a party and hopefully getting drunk.

21. - Top - End - #981

Eh, never been a fan of trick or treating anyway. The first time was a traumatic experience because I was only five or six and we were using Granny's make up and stuff. Uncle E was doing mine and he pretty much shoved an eye liner pencil right into my eye (and I got an eyelash stuck) so I was sobbing and bawling like anything.
    Stopped before I went out; but it really did make for very effective make up what with everything running and me looking a total horror.
    But the estate was Bad, and we ended up walking most of the way down an enormous hill to get a good bagful and then had to walk up in the dark with cars shooting up and down really fast. One of them had a terrible gearbox problem and get clunking and squealing. I heard that car at least seven times that night and was convinced in my childishly paranoid mind that it was following us.
    Good times. Put me right off.
    I don't like parties either. Music's awful, they expect you to dance and interact with people you barely know.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't like parties either. Music's awful, they expect you to dance and interact with people you barely know.
    Well, how do you expect to get to know people? Even a best friend started off as an acquaintance/stranger at one point.

23. - Top - End - #983

It's the wrong way for me. Invariably, all my friendships started out in one of two ways:
    1) I'd help them with something school/college related.
    2) In one - on - one or small groups talking quietly.
    I start friendships in the quiet no matter how loud or outgoing we get later on.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #984

I never bothered with trick-or-treating. I always just stayed in and ate whatever sweets we had left at the end of the evening.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, how do you expect to get to know people? Even a best friend started off as an acquaintance/stranger at one point.
    "How do you expect to get to know people?"

Are you kidding? It's not that hard to meet people and have fun sans alcohol and wagging your hips around! I wonder if people under this mentality have even tried meeting people under normal circumstances.

Errmmm, sorry about the harsh tone. I just don't like the suggestion that people who don't go to parties and such can't meet people. It's asinine.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-31 at 09:36 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

I wasn't implying that that was the only way to meet people. I was more responding with the whole not wanting to interact with people you barely know thing.

I wasn't trying to criticize anyone.

I just love partying Though I don't really do that anymore, or for the past couple of years. Domestication and being able to drink legally really deflates most of the fun.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Just the first. It's free on Hulu and my brother, my mom, and I have been watching two episodes every night.

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Just the first. It's free on Hulu and my brother, my mom, and I have been watching two episodes every night.
    Tut tut. That's not the way to do it. The way to do it is to buy all the DVDs and watch 1 series every weekend. *Nods sagely*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Tut tut. That's not the way to do it. The way to do it is to buy all the DVDs and watch 1 series every weekend. *Nods sagely*
    I will attempt to convince them as such...my brother would be all for it, but I don't know about Mom.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    'TIS THE WAY! THE WAY!
    *pulls on cultist robe*
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.