New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Say that Urban thought the mutants were getting out of hand, so he waged war. This worked up until a point, but then normal men began to lose. The only thing urban could think to do was start a secret government organization, trained in the fighting of the ancients, able to bend the elements to their will. These new super-humans quickly trounced the mutants, and took power from the pope to rule the continent with an iron fist. Urban saw this as his moment of failure, so he bought a boat and sailed out to a tropical island, where he made a theme park with dinosaurs in it. The dinosaurs escaped, however, due to Napoleon's treachery and killed the natives. Urban fought dearly for his life, but in the end, he was killed. A raptor, finding his body, took his clothes and sailed for the mainland. There, he became the new pope, and ended the rule of the super-humans. To this day, the one deciding factor of whether one can be a pope is whether or not you're part raptor.
    Inside Phase's mind are the mechanical trappings created by Cthulu himself. Listening to Phase is enough to drive a man mad. I pray no brain surgeon has to operate on him.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-11-02 at 12:12 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Can I Quote of the Week that?
    Also, despite not understanding that at all, it was hilarious.
    Sure! I always love me some quotes!

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RightHandless View Post
    It gets to the point, even this far south, where you don't see the sun at all. It has yet to rise when you wake up and go to work or school, and has already set by the time you are coming home.

I always liked total cloud cover, it always struck me as fantastical to look up and see a white sky with the muted city below. Almost like a scene from Moorcock.

Did you get my last PM?
    Yep.

And I'm a bit further south than you, but I don't see the sun rise until after eight and it sets before five.
    Can't wait for December where the sky'll be barely light by the time we get three quarters of the way to college and set before we get ten miles away from it on the return home.
    *is a ruralite*
    To me, total cloud cover is dull unless it's a fantastically stormy day with racing clouds and the sea smashing up over the front with the wind whistling and whipping at you as you stand and laugh at natures' fury.
    I really need a proper storm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Inside Phase's mind are the mechanical trappings created by Cthulu himself. Listening to Phase is enough to drive a man mad. I pray no brain surgeon has to operate on him.
    And thus, he joined AMEN.

So guess what? I have a new hobby: Clicking on every advertisement possible in dangerous (or not so dangerous) sites. It's OK! No virus will get me on Linux.

*clicks flat abs, watch TV for free, build a free website, find your classmates, do it yourself graphics...*

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

So guess what? I have a new hobby: Clicking on every advertisement possible in dangerous (or not so dangerous) sites. It's OK! No virus will get me on Linux.

*clicks flat abs, watch TV for free, build a free website, find your classmates, do it yourself graphics...*
    Viruses on Linux spread via the "hey, really? Send it over, let me see" method. Go catch some Windows ones and watch them ask what to be opened with, then start crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Yep.

And I'm a bit further south than you, but I don't see the sun rise until after eight and it sets before five.
    Can't wait for December where the sky'll be barely light by the time we get three quarters of the way to college and set before we get ten miles away from it on the return home.
    *is a ruralite*
    To me, total cloud cover is dull unless it's a fantastically stormy day with racing clouds and the sea smashing up over the front with the wind whistling and whipping at you as you stand and laugh at natures' fury.
    Storms in a city are an ill thing, they drive out all the dirt and grime and leave it laying in the street, where it enriches the air. You can smell a storm's passing, even if it leaves no other sign. One could imagine that it drives the spiritual dirt out into the open as well; leaving people's darkest secrets exposed upon the tarmac and concrete.

Though I enjoy heavy rainfall; the kind of rain which seems to fall from many directions, not just from above and beats at you all the while, I prefer subtler conditions. Chill nights when there are no clouds and the light of moon and stars seems to have an edge. Night time in the countryside, where there are no street lamps or houses to beat back the darkness, where you could believe the sphere of your own vision is all that there is to the world.

Unless it’s the mating season, in which case the foxes start to scream and a certain young boy decides to run home as fast as his legs will carry him. [Sheepish Grin.]

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tch. City boys. What'd you do if a horse walked right out of the fog at you? Besides, foxes are very handosme indeed; only seen five or six, but still, lovely.

Why was Littlefinger wrong?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

I live in the city too and I've seen loads of foxes, there's loads near my house they live in the shrubs(at least I think).

I'd punch that horse and go "RAWRRR" and scare it away.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    I live in the city too and I've seen loads of foxes, there's loads near my house they live in the shrubs(at least I think).

I'd punch that horse and go "RAWRRR" and scare it away.
    BAD idea. Horses are scary.
    This avatar by Phase.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

I need someone who is just around to do my nails whenever I want them redone, rather than having to spend the time to do it myself.

While I'm at it, I also want a housekeeper, a chef, and a personal shopper. I can hold off on the personal trainer until after the baby.

Someone work on that for me, would ya?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    BAD idea. Horses are scary.
    No one said what type of horse, I'm counting on it being one of the mini ones.
    My new website/blog:

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

No one said what type of horse, I'm counting on it being one of the mini ones.
    Of what mini-horses are you talking about?
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what they're called but there's a type of horse that's like three feet tall.
    My new website/blog:

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know what they're called but there's a type of horse that's like three feet tall.
    Shetland pony. Also miniatures.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2008-11-02 at 02:18 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

You mean Shetland Ponies, right? They can weigh 600 Lbs, so they are stronger then they look. I've never seen a wild fox sadly.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    Tch. City boys. What'd you do if a horse walked right out of the fog at you? Besides, foxes are very handosme indeed; only seen five or six, but still, lovely.

Why was Littlefinger wrong?
    Kiss it's nose and feed it a carrot?

And I've only lived in the city for two years, the other sixteen were spent getting lost in forests and not going to school. I'm a Gongaga boy like the best of them.

"Life is not a song sweetling. You may learn that one day to your sorrow."

I interpreted the quote not as recognition of Sansa's innocence and naiveté, but rather as an absolute denial of those ideals that are the central theme of Sansa's beloved songs and fancies. In my mind, Littlefinger is a man who surrendered to despair when his own romantic dream was shattered, and now has become the antitheses of those ideals. He stands as counterpoint to Sansa, who has maintained her faith in honour, nobility and chivalry in spite of all that she has suffered.

I imagine Petyr Bealish to be the greatest villain of the song.

Thus, "Littlefinger was wrong."

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Had to post this somewhere, last night I had my first gig and it was fun as hell. Made friends with this death metal band from the area and convinced them that they should start a moshpit later in the evening (their bands name is impurium). Well our set comes around and the first song goes great, second song (the heavy one) comes around, and we're rockinhg out and it's awesome, we get to the solo and right before it I yell "Impurium moshpit now!". A really big pit starts, I jump of the stage into the pit, mosh to my friend shredding the solo for a while, then jump back onto the stage to finish the song. It was awesome. And now we might get to open for Impurium! \m/
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Well either way, I could totally take one of those.
    My new website/blog:

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

Well either way, I could totally take one of those.
    Do you really think that? That's pretty deluded.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I woke up with seven hours of daylight left, I would be getting up at dawn. For the next week or so, anyway. After that, we will not even be getting seven hours of daylight. Also, have I ranted lately about how stupid Daylight Savings Time is in Alaska? It is ridiculous. In the summer, there is really not that much point in moving sunset from midnight to 1:00 AM. And in the winter, the change just makes adjusting to the rapidly diminishing daylight that much harder. Grr.

A horse walking out of the fog might surprise me a bit, but I don't think it would scare me that much. Unless it had sharp, pointy teeth or was breathing fire or something. Of course, I have never had a horse walk out of the fog at me, so I can't be sure. When a moose does, it tends to be pretty scary, though.

On an interesting side note, someone told me a couple days ago that the only sure way she has found to keep moose out of the garden is to have a horse. Apparently moose and horses do not get along.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

To my fellow city-dwelling playgrounders,

Be careful when you marry a girl with a country family. Because they will inevitably call you up and have you help chop wood for six hours, even the day after you picked up Fallout 3

Then you will have to wade through tall grass with snakes and all kinds of insects while breathing in the gas from chainsaws and carrying heavy logs of wood. When you get home to take a shower, you will be covered in at least four ticks.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-02 at 03:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Viruses on Linux spread via the "hey, really? Send it over, let me see" method. Go catch some Windows ones and watch them ask what to be opened with, then start crying.
    ...I read this post about 5 times and I still don't understand what you meant.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

You have to WANT the virus to get it. Purely for scientific purposes. *nodnod*

*puts on safety goggles*

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep.

*is a ruralite*
    You should stay in Oklahoma for a while! We have proper storms alright. When you got a cell moving through that spawns a couple dozen tornadoes, then you KNOW that you just had a wild ride!

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    You should stay in Oklahoma for a while! We have proper storms alright. When you got a cell moving through that spawns a couple dozen tornadoes, then you KNOW that you just had a wild ride!
    Try Missouri, if you don't like the weather, just wait 30 minutes.
    We have literally had boiling storms come out of clear skies in less than 10minutes. You know it is bad when it is already starting to flood when the weather anchor is saying that it is sunny. We've also had it where it was 90 F one day and it dropped to 30 F overnight. Its a fun state!

The funniest bit is when you suddenly lose the channel with the weather on it right after they say "Right now, you can literally hear the tornado sirens right ouKKZKZKZKZKZKKZKZKK(static)".

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Try Missouri, if you don't like the weather, just wait 30 minutes.
    We have literally had boiling storms come out of clear skies in less than 10minutes. You know it is bad when it is already starting to flood when the weather anchor is saying that it is sunny. We've also had it where it was 90 F one day and it dropped to 30 F overnight. Its a fun state!

The funniest bit is when you suddenly lose the channel with the weather on it right after they say "Right now, you can literally hear the tornado sirens right ouKKZKZKZKZKZKKZKZKK(static)".
    We've got better weather than that in the UK. We can have fog that will last for hours. And we can have whole inches of snow that will put us at a stand-still.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's more fun if you do it with IE 5.0 running through WINE.

It's even more fun if you fire up an emulator (I recommend qemu) for unpatched Windows XP, and start surfing dangerous sites on IE. Unpatched, too. Click yes on everything, and see how long it takes to screw up your 'computer'. Then, close the window, delete the .img file you used, and grin an evil grin.

...Of course, the most fun you can have is doing all of that... on the root account. :P

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    We've got better weather than that in the UK. We can have fog that will last for hours. And we can have whole inches of snow that will put us at a stand-still.
    And rain made of water. It can be quite terrifying.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Colossus in the Playground

Tch. City boys. What'd you do if a horse walked right out of the fog at you?
    Walk around it and keep going.

...I read this post about 5 times and I still don't understand what you meant.
    Linux can't run .exe files. When a virus tries to run itself, it'd have to ask for a program to run it with, which is just funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Bugbear in the Playground

And rain made of water. It can be quite terrifying.
    Oh dear lord, you've seen those?!? I've only heard of them in legends.
    I mean the thought of it… water coming from the sky…
    *shivers*

Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.