New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

I'd also be interested in seeing archery/soccer football. Finally something to do with your hands.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Yeah, but good luck steering a hang-gilder with your legs...

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess if you could get a special harness with some sort of auto-pilot feature... Or maybe if it could hold two people, a pilot and a "gunner" so to speak.

4. - Top - End - #1384

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I'd also be interested in seeing archery/soccer football. Finally something to do with your hands.
    Is there really any sport that couldn't be made better by having a couple of snipers with compound bows?

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Is there really any sport that couldn't be made better by having a couple of snipers with compound bows?
    Uhh... Water Polo?

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

I don't want to say any of the things I thought of because I fear my fellow playgrounders would think I'm promoting the combination of archery with these sports and I would subsequently be shunned. (More so than usualy, I mean.)

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Rugby Union: it is perfect in itself.

All other sports benefit from the feathering of the opposition (and various bystanders) with clothyard shafts. Oh, here's one for ya: motorcycle sidecar racing + archery

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Rugby Union: it is perfect in itself.

All other sports benefit from the feathering of the opposition (and various bystanders) with clothyard shafts. Oh, here's one for ya: motorcycle sidecar racing + archery
    The advent of a combat biking sport would make all my schoolboy cyberpunk fantasies come true!

9. - Top - End - #1389

Ah...Shadowrun flashbacks...it's been too long...

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah...Shadowrun flashbacks...it's been too long...
    Throw in a troll hurling some Fireballs, an Elf Decker (Always Deckers! ) and an Ork with an Ingram Valiant/White Knight and you got yourself a sport!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-05 at 11:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

OW! ****!
    I just pulled a back muscle, and thought you'd all like to know. (Not really, but I felt like posting this.)
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #1392

Ahem.

Thank you Playground!

All the luck and whatnot that you wished me helped a lot today. A lot. I was so nervous before I went into the exam that me knees were literally shaking and I kind of almost threw up a few minutes before we were let into the exam room.
    But the moment I was able to open the source paper and read the extracts I calmed down, got to work and I think I did pretty well.
    The six sources were all related, however indirectly, to portraits, self porttrits and portraiture and we could analyse three texts in any way we want.
    And I think I chose a less obvious theme and did quite well.
    So, thank you once more. Thanks.

And because I missed Med His to do that exam I have done nothing but analyse literature all day. Well, except for a half hour French oral. And I loved it.
    Especially because Anime E Lit Friend (Female) went to that London anme expo over half term and she had so much to talk about.
    There was someone there wearing a t-shirt saying 'free hugs' on the front and on the back was 'you just lost the game'; she got amazing deals on some manga and she had a heck of a lot of fun.
    And she bought a lot of Pocky. She was on her last pack by E Lit today. It was strawberry flavour. I was allowed some.
    This is only the third time I had Pocky, the first two times were chocolate and hazelnut flavour.
    We talked about what she did at the anime expo rather than do our work (but we still got it done).
    In the first E Lit lecture today we got our Keats essays back. After only five weeks of studying Keats, under exam conditions, using only our annotated books not one of us got less than a C. I got 22/25: an A.
    *boogies*
    I'm also loaning all of my Lear work from last year of Anime E Lit Friend (Female) because she's doing a resit on it and frankly, the lecturer she had last year was useless.
    She has promised me one hug for every E Lit module I help her on that she gets an A in. Two for Lear because of the notes.

Now for the downer. Instead over going to the Magpies' to see the fireworks I've got an essay to do tonight to hand in first things.
    And something else which has currently slipped my mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurray Curly!!! *Joins in the boogie*

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

Withdrawal of medicine you've taken for years sucks, believe me.

*is currently on emotional whirlwind mode*
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ahem.

Thank you Playground!

*snip*
    You're welcome! (Although I admit that I don't think I actually contributed in any way to the things you're happy about. )

I'm glad to hear that your exam went well and that things are, generally speaking, going well.

I would join in the boogie-ing, but I'm certain that if I did everyone would laugh at me. Boogie-ing is not a skill at which I excel or am even passable at. I tend to look like I'm ineptly attempting to mime a vertical seizure. It's offensively bad.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I would join in the boogie-ing, but I'm certain that if I did everyone would laugh at me. Boogie-ing is not a skill at which I excel or am even passable at. I tend to look like I'm ineptly attempting to mime a vertical seizure. It's offensively bad.
    In the Playground, where you have no physical body, you can do anything at all.
    Anything. Because there's nothing physical to hold you back you can fly, *boogie* and dance to your hearts content any time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

In the Playground, where you have no physical body, you can do anything at all.
    Anything. Because there's nothing physical to hold you back you can fly, *boogie* and dance to your hearts content any time.
    Wheee!

*attempts to boogie, trips, and accidentally breaks the laws of causality.*

*tries to put them back together before anyone notices.*

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Barbarian in the Playground

Holy crap. Spore takes longer to patch than it did to install. This is ri-freaking-diculous. I just wanna make spaceships! *cries*
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

19. - Top - End - #1399

yeah, downloading that patch was murder. I think it topped out at about an hour...

...and then you have to install it.

Remember when a patch for a game was a couple Megs at most?

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember trading around zipped copies of the shareware episode of Wolfenstein 3d on Floppy Disks!

...And playing them at school on one of the Tech-Ed Computers instead of doing my homework!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-05 at 03:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't patch /every few days./ Was WoW this bad when it first launched? I think it knows I'm talking smack, b/c it's sped up a bit.

@^ and what year was this?
    Last edited by mercurymaline; 2008-11-05 at 03:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not-Edible itP!

22. - Top - End - #1402

Really? Every few days? I've only had to patch Spore once since I've installed it...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I remember trading around zipped copies of the shareware episode of Wolfenstein 3d on Floppy Disks!

...And playing them at school on one of the Tech-Ed Computers instead of doing my homework!
    ...in the freezing cold too!

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Cristo: And we didn't use no fancy mouses either! Just arrow keys to turn, NO STRAFING! and we hit Control to fire and Shift to run! Ahh... those were simpler times...

@ morbidwombat: Gosh... 1993-94? I know it came out in '92, when I was eight. I brought it to school with me the following year on a zipped floppy and installed it to all the tech-ed computers. I shared the file location with a few friends and eventually it became this huge school secret. If the teachers knew about it, they never deleted the game and we never got caught.

Edit: Actually, I was seven, I wikipedia'd it and saw that it came out exactly one week before my 8th birthday.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-05 at 03:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404

I see now. I ran some updates, and it must have done something dumb. so now it's making me redownload the previous patch. ****ing Windows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Not-Edible itP!

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember having to reboot my PC every time I wanted to play another game.

How fun those ASCII green on black games where.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

Especially because Anime E Lit Friend (Female) went to that London anme expo over half term and she had so much to talk about.
    There was someone there wearing a t-shirt saying 'free hugs' on the front and on the back was 'you just lost the game'; she got amazing deals on some manga and she had a heck of a lot of fun.
    And she bought a lot of Pocky. She was on her last pack by E Lit today. It was strawberry flavour. I was allowed some.
    This is only the third time I had Pocky, the first two times were chocolate and hazelnut flavour.
    We talked about what she did at the anime expo rather than do our work (but we still got it done).
    A few of my friends went to that. Apparently, someone went dressed as Pocky.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah! I just found out that Michael Crichton died!

*bows head*
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-05 at 03:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Woah! I just found out that Michael Crichton died!
    What, really? Wow. I.. umm...

yeah, that sucks. I rather liked his books.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

There is already a GitP thread about it, complete with news story link.

Edit: Anyone know how to get the NaNoWriMo Word count thing to work? Its not cooperating!

Edit: Hehe, got it!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-05 at 05:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    What, really? Wow. I.. umm...

yeah, that sucks. I rather liked his books.
    Death sucks. One minute the person's there, and the next they aren't. Someone you love could very well be a lifeless meathunk tommorrow. The same goes for yourself. Make the most of life while you can, my friends.