New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Player_Zero! You're back!

Anyway, a time machine, eh?

Zero, if you REALLY want a time machine, wait until midnight. Should I ever invent one in the future, I'll be sure to come back to right that moment in time and give you the schematics.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Banned

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Midnight eh? Hmm... Three and a half hours.... I suppose I can wait that long. But wait, I'm highly impatient, if you gave me the schematics and I managed to construct the device I'd just go back to now and give it to me.

That means you must've failed on your end! No XP for you.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem, PZ, is that I have already gone back in time after you, and undermined everything that you attempted to accomplish, thereby rendering all such time-travelling activities of yours completely pointless.

Plus, I told Napoleon to wear that funny hat!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Banned

You blaggard! A scoundrel for the worst kind!

What's so bad about giving me ultimate power in the first place, huh? I mean, you really think I can't be trusted not to destroy the world?

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    The problem, PZ, is that I have already gone back in time after you, and undermined everything that you attempted to accomplish, thereby rendering all such time-travelling activities of yours completely pointless.

Plus, I told Napoleon to wear that funny hat!
    Oh, yeah, I remember that. He was all "French French French" about it too...

Shut up. Just give me another four billion years and I'm sure I'll pick up french, honest.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

I read somewhere that if a time machine was created you'd only be able to travel back to the point it was activated, I think it was something about the Hadron Collider.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    I read somewhere that if a time machine was created you'd only be able to travel back to the point it was activated, I think it was something about the Hadron Collider.
    There is also the theory that it is actually impossible to change history, because all attempts to change history have already been accomplished and our past is actually the combination of ALL the changes that were ever made.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Banned

Yeah, using Einstein's idea of this space-time blanket-like dealie. I hear Hawking also thinks time travel can be done. Either way, I demand absolution through fire and salt- I mean, to be able to travel back in time... Yeah.. Totally not gonna' destroy the world. That's be insane, right? And I'm as sane as you get. Ah ha ho ho he he ha. Indeed.

PS. Time does not exist for particles travelling at the speed of light I hear.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-11-06 at 03:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait so if the sun suddenly went away, we'd still be able to see?

EDIT: Without artificial lighting, that is.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-11-06 at 03:52 PM.
    My new website/blog:

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Banned

No, if you were travelling at the speed of light then there wouldn't be any time for you to measure.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

So we're treating light as radiation instead of photons(do I even know what I'm going on about?) because if light was made of particles, and time didn't exist for it, it would always be there.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-11-06 at 03:59 PM.
    My new website/blog:

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Banned

Indeed you do not know what we're talking about. Firstly, light is neither a wave nor a particle as far as I am aware. Secondly, go read up on relativity. It's all crazy an' stuff.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Indeed you do not know what we're talking about. Firstly, light is neither a wave nor a particle as far as I am aware. Secondly, go read up on relativity. It's all crazy an' stuff.
    I've only done GCSE level science!

And light was a very confusing topic in our syllabus thing. For some reason, it said it was both radiation and made of photons or some such.
    My new website/blog:

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Banned

They like to lie to you in physics. A lot. In fact, I'm not even sure they tell you the truth on university courses. I'm under the impression that physics holds some diabolical secret, so dark that it must be protected by a web of lies.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Firbolg in the Playground

Huh.
    Simon Amstell's in a bunny costume.

@Spiceboy and P_Z: It's 'lies for children'. They tell you a lie that you understand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Firstly, light is neither a wave nor a particle as far as I am aware.
    That counts for everything. Everything has properties of both particles and waves, including human beings.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Huh.
    Simon Amstell's in a bunny costume.

@Spiceboy and P_Z: It's 'lies for children'. They tell you a lie that you understand.
    I know, it's a lesbian-free program for tonight. It's a joke by the way.

And the physics thing is because no one actually knows, except candle ja-
    My new website/blog:

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    They tell you a lie that you understand.
    That's not the way to teach people! You should tell them lies that they don't understand and confuse the hell out of them. For a joke.

I'd make a great teacher. I'd teach 'em wrong. As a joke. And then resign through the medium of interpretive dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    And the physics thing is because no one actually knows, except candle ja-

ur doin it rong.

(Woo, ogre.)
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-11-06 at 04:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

That's not the way to teach people! You should tell them lies that they don't understand and confuse the hell out of them. For a joke.

I'd make a great teacher. I'd teach 'em wrong. As a joke. And then resign through the medium of interpretive dance.
    I'd make everything up as I went along AND lie.

But I'd do it to screw up their lives.

EDIT:

ur doin it rong.
    I know, I tried to be funny and utterly failed.
    Last edited by Oregano; 2008-11-06 at 04:20 PM.
    My new website/blog:

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

Firstly, light is neither a wave nor a particle as far as I am aware.
    Isn't visible light on an electromagnetic wavelength?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Banned

There are instances when the properties of particles do not apply to light, there are also instances where the properties of waves do not apply to light. Therefore light is neither a wave nor a particle.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Don´t follow the lights!

And I´m off....After I check my usual haunts....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

It is somewhat telling and disturbing about me that to dispel a depressed mood, you just need to get me to talk about my plans for Z-Day apparantly.
    (I've had to update them anyway due to revelations I have come upon during research)
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you know that light was first invented by Phillip K. Peterhofer back in 1823?

Did you know that History was invented by Karl von Liefenstrauss in 1912?

Did you know that the printing press was not invented by Gutenberg, but rather his mentally handicapped cousin, Squiggy?

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    It is somewhat telling and disturbing about me that to dispel a depressed mood, you just need to get me to talk about my plans for Z-Day apparantly.
    (I've had to update them anyway due to revelations I have come upon during research)
    So what are your plans for defeating a horde of zombies?

In other news, I reckon I've stopped caring about things in general. It's pretty meh.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Halfling in the Playground

A very small, selfish part of me is eagerly anticipating Z-Day. (Slow zombies of course.)

If your plans involve being a total bad ass, linking up with other teenagers (with attitude!) and forming a grunge-punk adventuring party of zombie slayers in a post apocalyptic world, then you and I need to compare notes.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Bah, it might as well be here already the way things are at my dorm hall.
    There is almost nobody here except me and the strange people who are shuffling around in the hallways groaning. I've already taken to carrying a blunt object or two around with me just in case.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Bah, it might as well be here already the way things are at my dorm hall.
    There is almost nobody here except me and the strange people who are shuffling around in the hallways groaning. I've already taken to carrying a blunt object or two around with me just in case.
    Always a good decision. Though, I've always been of the opinion that sufficient quantities of alcohol are all that's needed to make a very specific form of undead....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Colossus in the Playground

I can't believe I'm listening to a song about a lovesick dragon. But it's surprisingly awesome...Drakon by Melnitsa. I'm definitely using this for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Well, it appears I did well in school, after all. I only did poorly in a single class (where I got 4 points above the minimum passing grade <.<).

And the best thing? I get to sleep tonight! Yay!