New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default I hit him solid, you knock him back into gas.

Spectral Hunter

{table]Level| Base Attack Bonus| Reflex| Fort| Will| Special
    1| 1| 2| 0| 2| Ghost Blade
    2| 2| 3| 0| 3| Ghost Step 5
    3| 3| 3| 1| 3| Deflection 1
    4| 4| 4| 1| 4| Mist Cut 1
    5| 5| 4| 1| 4| Ghost Step 10, Materialize
    6| 6/1| 5| 2| 5| Deflection 2
    7| 7/2| 5| 2| 5| Wraith Stab 1d4
    8| 8/3| 6| 2| 6| Ghost Step 15
    9| 9/4| 6| 3| 6| Deflection 3
    10| 10/5| 7| 3| 7| Mist Cut 2, Fade
    11| 11/6/1| 7| 3| 7| Ghost Step 20
    12| 12/7/2| 8| 4| 8| Deflection 4
    13| 13/8/3| 8| 4| 8| Wraith Stab 1d6
    14| 14/9/4| 9| 4| 9| Ghost Step 25
    15| 15/10/5| 9| 5| 9| Deflection 5, Material Aura
    16| 16/11/6/1| 10| 5| 10| Mist Cut 3
    17| 17/12/7/2| 10| 5| 10| Ghost Step 30
    18| 18/13/8/3| 11| 6| 11| Deflection 6
    19| 19/14/9/4| 11| 6| 11| Wraith Stab 1d8
    20| 20/15/10/5| 12| 6| 12| Ghost Form[/table]
    Hit Die: d8
    Class Skills: Climb, Swim, Jump, Craft, Profession, Pick Lock, Hide, Move Silently, Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Religion, Perform, Disable Device, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate.
    Skill Points per Level: 4
    Ghost Blade-A Spectral Hunter can turn any weapon semi-incorporeal. It can hit incorporeal opponents at no penalty, and ignores armor and natural armor of incorporeal and corporeal enemies up to the level of the Spectral Hunter (for instance a level 12 Spectral Hunter can ignore up to 12 points of AC from armor and natural armor). The weapon can deal either strength or charisma damage as a bonus, this is always charisma against incorporeal opponents, the same stat is used for attack and damage.
    Ghost Step-At second level Spectral Hunter can turn incorporeal for any part of its movement, up to a total of 5 feet. This increases to 10 at 5th level. 15 at 8th level, 20 at 11th level, 25 at 14th level, and 30 at 17th level.
    Deflection-At third level a Spectral Hunter gains a deflection bonus to AC, including touch AC. This is always active, and equal to its Wisdom+1, this increases to Wisdom +2 at 6th level, Wisdom +3 at 9th level, Wisdom +4 at 12th level, Wisdom +5 at 15th level, and Wisdom +6 at 18th level.
    Mist Cut-Upon Attaining 4th level a Spectral Hunter may elect to attack with a Mist Cut. A mist cut does no damage, however it does remove 1 armor class off of its target. This can only come off of natural armor, or manufactured armor, dodge, deflection, and dexterity bonuses are not targeted. This increases to removing 2 AC at 10th level, and 3 AC at 16th level. This may be done as often as one likes. This is a permanent effect, however repairs are typically free, given time.
    Materialize-A Spectral Hunter may spend a full round action to make a touch attack against any incorporeal foe. This foe turns corporeal for a number of rounds equal to 5 plus the Spectral Hunters charisma modifier.
    Wraith Stab- A Spectral Hunter may spend a standard action to make a normal attack. If it hits, before damage is rolled the Spectral Hunter may choose to use Wraith Stab. Wraith Stab deals 1d4 constitution drain. This increases to 1d6 constitution drain at 13th level and 1d8 constitution drain at 19th level. If the target does not have a constitution score, it targets charisma.
    Fade- A Spectral Hunter may spend a swift action to turn incorporeal once a day. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Spectral Hunters wisdom modifier. At level 20 a Spectral Hunter may use this on someone else. Ghost Blade can still be used.
    Material Aura- A Spectral Hunter gains an aura that turns any enemies in it corporeal, as well as making spells like plane shift, teleport, and dimension door impossible to use by those enemies. It has a radius equal to 5 times the Spectral Hunters Wisdom Modifier, in feet. Allies can still use the spells and turn incorporeal, as the aura is selective.
    Ghost Form- A Spectral Hunter may turn incorporeal at will. Ghost blade can still be used in Ghost Form.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Knaight; 2008-10-22 at 11:06 PM.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: I hit him solid, you knock him back into gas.

you might want to look at the monk, soulblade, and ninja for better wordings on the abilities. what proficiencies does it get? it's also fairly MAD, cha, wis, str, con, dex*, and int*. wrath strike is completely useless. is this supposed to be a ninja-soulblade-monk*-<prc i can't remember that's a martial ninja>? fix the wordings, and add proficiencies, etc. and i will help more

*likely to a lesser extent.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Oops. Wraith Stab was supposed to be ability damage. Fixed. Otherwise it is useless.
    Last edited by Knaight; 2008-10-22 at 09:08 PM.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Still confusing though...what's Charisma Constitution damage? Does it deal 1dx damage to both Charisma and Constitution? Does it deal the damage to one or the other? Does the last line mean that if the creature has no Constitution, it takes twice as much Charisma damage instead?

Ghost Blade isn't very good - a character who's built around hunting incorporeals can just buy a Ghost Touch weapon for +1 boost, and be able to use a higher base weapon die, Strength bonuses, bonus dice, and all those goodies. I'd just allow the Hunter to treat any weapon he holds as a Ghost Touch weapon, simpler and same overall effect.

Deflection is oddly worded, I'm guessing that's supposed to be a bonus to his armor class.

How long does the AC penalty from Mist Cut last? And how does it fit, flavorwise, with a spirit-hunting warrior?

Can Material Aura be turned off? It'll be a very sad 15th level character who cannot ever Planeshift or Teleport anywhere.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Also, Mist Cut needs some limitations. How many times can you do it a day? How long does it last for? Also, you should put "1d8+Charisma mod" rather than "1d8+Charisma." Otherwise, someone might misunderstand and add their full Charisma score to it. This is just a minor thing, cause who'd be stupid enough to do that? Certainly not me. I'd never do such a thing. Never. No way. Not me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Still confusing though...what's Charisma Constitution damage? Does it deal 1dx damage to both Charisma and Constitution? Does it deal the damage to one or the other? Does the last line mean that if the creature has no Constitution, it takes twice as much Charisma damage instead?

Ghost Blade isn't very good - a character who's built around hunting incorporeals can just buy a Ghost Touch weapon for +1 boost, and be able to use a higher base weapon die, Strength bonuses, bonus dice, and all those goodies. I'd just allow the Hunter to treat any weapon he holds as a Ghost Touch weapon, simpler and same overall effect.

Deflection is oddly worded, I'm guessing that's supposed to be a bonus to his armor class.

How long does the AC penalty from Mist Cut last? And how does it fit, flavorwise, with a spirit-hunting warrior?

Can Material Aura be turned off? It'll be a very sad 15th level character who cannot ever Planeshift or Teleport anywhere.
    The charisma was supposed to be a bonus to the con damage, I removed that as I realized how easy that would be to break. Deflection is supposed to be a bonus to AC, thats going to be edited. As for the AC penalty, going to be editing that. As for fitting flavorwise, he is basically removing any armor/natural armor off of a corporeal opponent to make them easy to hit for allies. Given materialize, this could easily apply to any number of warrior spirits. As for material aura, need to edit that.

-- ChubbyRain