New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Sharn With Giant Robots Beta

(I'm letting the characters direct the flow of conversation at the moment, but please, if you're bored or not sure what to do next, poke me and I can see to it that.... something happens...)

(...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

(I think I may have lost Lucid's attention.)

Rin kicks Liz in the shin. "Name all your first-level infusions, fast as you can," she repeats calmly.

(Let's see if that works.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Liz promptly stops chasing the butterfly that managed to distract her. "What? I'm sorry, you kinda lost my attention." She rummages through her pockets and produces a scrap of paper. Liz stares at it for a moment before discarding it over her shoulder. "Err... fireball?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Rin stares blankly at the artificer for a moment, then puts her face in her hand in the universal gesture of frustration.

"Liz, acting the fool to irritate me isn't going to help anyone, least of all your shin if you do it again. You can't possible have forgotten your own--" Rin remembers the argument over her name yesterday. "You didn't forget your own infusions, did you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Liz stares at her feet and folds her hands behind her back. "I remember that there is a big fixing one, and a little fixing one. And the headband thing. But I don't know what they're supposed to be called."

Then she chuckles, and shrugs. "It's not that important. The rest kinda suck, so I never use them."
    Last edited by Lucid_Archon; 2009-02-28 at 05:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"I..."

"But..."

"You're..."

Rin sighs, dramatically. "Engineers! I swear to The freaking Mockery! Dilletantes, all of them."

"...to be honest, the only Infusion I remember is the one where you put a first-tier enhancement on an item. Which, frankly, is all you really need. Part one of lesson one: make my sword Bane to whatever we're fighting, watch me kick ass. We can work on the rest later."

"Oh, and probably everyone else's weapons too, I guess."
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2009-02-28 at 10:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, I don't really know anything about magic, so I'm going to the hanger to, ah, experiment with the Caex I use." Achille says, having finished his routine during The Magic Changeling Show. "Do you want to, er, borrow my whip?"
    Last edited by Winged One; 2009-03-01 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's true I can lay an enhancement over the suit's innate magic. It takes a good bit of time though, so I've never really considered spending the time to outfit anyone with it. We don't really tend to initiate fights. And as for the rest of my infusions, the suit's-"

Liz stops midbreath, and starts to quiver and look ill. "I didn't know you... I'm going to go look over the suits to see what I can do to modify them. I don't need any help."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, I don't have to if you, er, think it's a bad idea...I was going to ask someone what not to do first..."
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Really? Because I've seen at least one artificer who was able to speed up long infusions. The technique looked kind of like the one I use to overcharge spells or put an extra edge on my attacks, which isn't something I can do all the time, but it is useful..."

((And that's my attempt to explain Action Points in-character))

Rin then notices Liz's fearful expression. I'm not that scary to be alone with, am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Thrax considers for a moment, then shakes his head slightly.

"The only person I know who might be willing to do it that I would trust to do so would be my old master....but he's all the way back in Sharn...if he hasn't moved, which I've no doubt he has since I last traveled with him...."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

"Khyber," Angel hisses, then she turns to Kara. "Any chance we can fly him out here?"
    My 3D art page: Contact Lost

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, if you're talking about what I think you are, it's sort of, ah, a rare ability...that's what my teacher said, anyway. I've met a few people who had it, though. I think we're, er, drawn to the mobile suits or something." That's the only explanation I can think of for how we all saw that crash and decided to investigate, anyway.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Heh. That would be a deep magic Achille. We're just run of the mill soldiers, I'm afraid. Well, I mean... with giant robots... But they... Hmm... Maybe you have something here. With the odds we're up against, I love to be a magical girl. If only we could weaponize destiny..."

Suddenly Liz's eyes light up, and she dashes off in search of paper and crayons, screeching "I'll be right back!"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Achille tilts his head to the side. "Um, what does destiny have to do with it?" he asks, humble as ever. With a shrug, he shouts at Liz's back, "what do you want for breakfast?"

16. - Top - End - #256

BlackDragon

Kara taps the chin of her mask with one hand. "Well, we'd have to know who he was, first of all... but to be honest, we're already in one of the fastest airships available, even if we could get a message back to Sharn to contact this guy and he was willing to be flown out here, we'd probably already be on our way back from Aundair before we met up with him. It would probably be easier to finish this mission as soon as we can and just have Thrax take us to where he lives when we get back. Assuming he's still there... is there any way you can contact him? You know, with your brainwaves or whatever?"
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Thrax shakes his head once more at the Commander.

"I'm afraid I don't have that sort of ability, Commander. It'll have to be in person. Even if he's moved, he will have left a way for us to get into contact with him, so I'm sure we should be able to find him once we get to Sharn."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Uh, Liz? Technically, we already are magical girls," Rin says. "Hm. Maybe youll be nicer if I kick your ass some. Anyway, the real problem is that if you're not doing something in battle, you're in trouble. If you're not comfortable with your infusions in combat, and you don't have the combat training that the rest of us have...hm. Maybe we can ask the guys to build a wand or two into your mech? Even if you fire every round you're not doing spot repairs, that'll last you a fair while. Come on, let's go bother them."

With that, Rin demonstrates her attention span and moves out toward the hangar.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, I'll just wait here and tell her where you've gone, then..."

20. - Top - End - #260

BlackDragon

(Alas, my friends, the time has come...

*Magnus presses the new forum button.*

ABANDON SHIP! SHE'S GOIN' DOWN CAPTAIN! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!)

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((Farewell, old thread.

We shall honor your memory.))
    Spoiler
    Show