New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Scribes of the Prime PBP (d20 Future / Urban Arcana)

((Offtopic: my character believes that we're back into the real world, so thinks that everybody should go their respective ships plus, I would need something to justify the fact that you're coming to Terminus now that we are back))
    Last edited by Eksar Lindisfar; 2008-12-02 at 11:05 AM.
    Aoki Neko avatar by Quinsar (thanks a lot)
    Eksar avatar by Shades of gray(thanks a lot)
    Full-plated Eksar by Qwernt (thanks a lot as well)
    Thanks to Meynolds for additional avatar
    Thanks to all those who nominated me for Leeroy ITP
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

The thought of splitting up is strangely painful to both of you, but Eskar does have his duties.

A voice comes over the station's speakers. "Attention. Attention, please. We are unsure of what has happened, but it is clear that a breach of some sort has occurred. We strongly advise that everyone aboard submit to a full physical examination. Medical personnel aboard a number of docked vessels are assisting in this effort, and we advise any non-residents to seek attention from them. The ships and their gate numbers are:..." [a long list of ships follows; Eskar's ship is one of them, the private shuttle that Naoto arrived on is not]

The man you both saw before you stepped into the pathway to Terminus, the one trying to recruit outsiders to come to Terminus, has overheard, and he steps in. He is a diplomat of high rank, and speaks to Eskar first. "We will be looking at any non-resident civilians who need an exam."

He turns to Naoto; "If you came here aboard a private shuttle, miss, you can come with us if you like. Our ship is going to stay docked until we can check everyone aboard this station for adverse effects."
    Last edited by The803; 2008-12-02 at 05:19 PM.
    -The803

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

We strongly advise that everyone aboard submit to a full physical examination.
    "grate ...." ( evident sarcastic tone )

He turns to Naoto; "If you came here aboard a private shuttle, miss, you can come with us if you like. Our ship is going to stay docked until we can check everyone aboard this station for adverse effects."
    "uh ... thanks"

OOT: I had to rewrite it to adapt it to DM's edit of the precent post, looks like we were both online and wrote at same time. Also "full physical examination"?? you just gave my char a reason for not staying ... anyway, Naoto has her own reasons for not going back to her Prime yet, don't expect me to write everything that crosses her mind ... )
    Last edited by Uriel; 2008-12-02 at 05:31 PM.
    "I don't know if god exists or not, but if he does, I hope he has a VERY good excuse."

4. - Top - End - #34

Eksar bows facing the diplomat

"Yes sir, I will guide her to our ship"

Eksar then looks at Naoto.

"Shall we get going?"
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

After the diplomat walks away, Naoto looks toward Eskar

"tell me .... uh, I don't know your name ... whould it be a problem for you to guide me around that examination? I have enought things across my mind right now, and I suppose it's the same for you too"

-pause-

"by the way, I'm called Naoto"
    "I don't know if god exists or not, but if he does, I hope he has a VERY good excuse."

6. - Top - End - #36

"My name is Eksar, and there is no problem. And since it's an order, is also part of my job"

Eksar starts walking to the docking bay where the Terminus ship is located.
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC:

Sorry I belive I'm lost, where are we again? on the station?

8. - Top - End - #38

OFFTOPIC:

Quote Originally Posted by The803 View Post
    You become aware of a crowd around you, and there are sounds of much confusion. As the glare clears from your eyes, you both realize you are back on the station. The power has returned, and in the flickering station lights, your minds reel as the memory of ten thousand forgotten dreams suddenly flood into your minds. You are too dizzy to stand, but become aware of each other, and feel a strange bond that did not exist before. You catch a glimpse of the psychopomp standing over you, but the lights flicker and he is gone. Some people are trying to get up, and although most are still in various states of confusion, wailing and speaking in tongues, there is a strange and powerful feeling of peace.
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

OOC:

DM, are you still alive?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

ALL IS O.O.C. - (break time)

I
    am still alive, but this game really needs a hand...

Spoiler
    Show

I'm terrible at running play-by-post games and I apologize for not getting things going. Right now, I feel like I'm just wasting everyone's time, but I really do appreciate the effort you guys have put into this game and I don't want to just let it die without at least learning something.

I've tried to run a few other post-based games and I'm encountering the same problem. Just when something starts to happen, someone (and it's often me) doesn't post for a few days and things start to drag again. Is there a way I can fix this? Should I just run an arena-style game that is nothing but action? I do have tons of ideas about what's supposed to happen next, but it's taking too long to get there. Should I railroad characters into doing stuff without their players' input so as to move the story forward? Any and all input is very much appreciated.

What makes a play-by-post game good?

Help!
    -The803

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm afraid all play by post or similar games are like this, I played many and trust me, it takes a month to kill 3 werewolfs and open a locked chest.

It is also the only way for many ppl without much free time to play.

What we need to decide, is how much free time we want to put in this campaign, if we have enought to meet online once a week ( I do ), a play by chat is the best.

Play by post is the only way around, otherwise ( other than quitting ).
    Last edited by Uriel; 2008-12-16 at 06:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

I have mondays and saturdays afternoons, or the rest of the days in the morning (this is GMT-3).

Play by post is not that bad, it takes a longer time but I believe we can do it.
    and for the votes =P

*ding* level 20!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Let's do a fast forward in the campaign right now. Here's the situation;

After the initial shock, things calm down a bit. Medical examinations of everyone show nothing unusual other than some scrambled brain activity which goes away after the first day. Eventually, the people gathered on the station are allowed to leave.

Two things have changed. First the "Scribing of the Primes," as the EMP and light-probe invasion is now known, resulted in the total destruction of the fuel-gathering segment of society; there is no way to gather energy from the gas giant anymore, and almost all stockpiles of that energy were destroyed by the probes. Details are very sketchy, and the wild rumors that first brought the two of you to the station become common knowledge among the general public. The energy loss is a minor inconvenience; most ships function just fine using long-term nuclear power and solar panels, because their power requirements have dropped with the loss of the Primes.

That is the second change; the Primes are now gone. They've been burned out, erased, wiped, and digitally mangled beyond any hope of restoration. Their destruction by the probes was systematic, fast, and utterly thorough. Some people cling to the vision they received when the probes' lights shone upon them, and watch the clouds of the gas giant below for some other sign of intelligence. Some claim to be in occasional communication with their psychopomps, but many of them are simply delusional. Many other people have given up hope, and are doing their best to secure enough resources to leave the system. Society is changing as the old Prime-carrying societies, now robbed of their purpose, disintegrate. Two main factions have emerged; those who wish to stay put until the Primes reveal themselves, and those who wish to leave the whole mess behind and move on, preferably someplace far, far away.

How do your characters cope with these big changes?
    -The803

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Naoto ( In Character )

Since, standing to what the psychomp said, they were supposed to be brought to Eskar's prime, and instead they found theirself on the station again, Naoto is quite confused about what happened and began to think of it just as a "bad dream".

One thing is sure, she wants to stay and discover what the hell happened.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

this pbf is quite dead, isn't it?