New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [4E] Dragonlance - Dragons of Autumn

As the autumnal winds blow across Abanasinia, they bring with them rumors of war, death, and conquest. The town of Solace, long a crossroads for travelers throughout Abanasinia and surrounding regions, has recently become a haven for mercenaries and a large number of Seeker militia and clergymen. The Seekers, a misguide religious sect of questionable sincerity, have essentially taken over command of the town and, if the speculation and rumors carried by travelers are true, they are intent on finding a collection of artifacts from long ago associated, as some say, with dark, evil gods from long ago. Travelers entering the town and residents alike have been subject to search as the Seekers look for an ancient enchanted suit of mail, an engraved mace, and a medallion bearing the god’s symbol, collectively known as the divine armament.

On the evening of Autumn Harvest 13th, six adventurers are moving towards Solace, soon, perhaps, to change the fate of all Ansalon. As of now, though, all those six know are the rumors they’ve heard of the Seekers and far-off war, and that they could use a nice rest, a warm meal, and a cool drink. Fortunately, as they move closer to the town of Solace, the scent of barman Otik Sandath’s famous spiced potatoes wafts to meet them, drawing them towards the safety of the Inn of the Last Home, nestled snuggly in the boughs of the mighty vallenwoods found nowhere else in Ansalon.

Kelwyn and Jorim:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two of you have ridden far today, but overall are in good company. Kelwyn, you’ve been to Solace before and have a few friends in the area. With Jorim, you hope to rest in town for a while before continuing on your journeys to wherever you’re currently headed. As you come over the final rise, all of Solace, built in the mighty vallenwoods, is laid out before you. Suddenly, the bushes to the left rustle, and dark shapes scurry from the woods on both sides of the road. Their greenish skin is pale against their dark armor, and their twisted faces grimace at the sight of two knights. They crouch as if to block your path, but far out of the reach of your swords. A stout pony climbs up onto the road, mounted by an equally stout and ugly figure like the others. The hobgoblins on the road look to him for instruction as he turns to you and yells, "Onyx demands the divine armament! Forfeit the armament now or you die!"

Now it's all you guys. Feel free to do what you'd like, up to and including any sorts of knowledge check or similar you'd like to make here at the beginning.

Wikkaquick and Barok:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You’re within a mile of Solace on a road mostly through wooded terrain, and the rumors you’ve heard since leaving the Darkenwood about the searches and military presence in Solace have only increased with proximity. Just as you’re able to make out the tops of the houses of Solace in the limbs of the vallenwoods, you also notice the road ahead blocked by an overturned oxcart, a moderate-sized retinue of soldiers (one with a vicious looking dog), and a scared family watching as their cart is searched. The soldiers have not noticed you yet, but it’s only inevitable – without resorting to sneaking through the woods, this seems to be the only way into town from this direction.

From here it's all up to you, so you can proceed with any sort of skill-check-making, role-playing, or whatever you want.

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having met up with each other on the road not long ago, the two of you are not far from Solace and travel through dense, brushy forest. The road seems, for what it’s worth, to be rather quiet, and neither of you have seen any sort of sign of activity for quite some time.

Now I'm gonna need some Perception checks, some Nature checks, and any other skill checks you'd like to make, plus whatever else you'd like to do here at the beginning of the game.

(For those who aren't as familiar with the setting, here's a map of the immediate area, the region known as Abanasinia. I'll be putting up other maps as their needed, seeing as how I've got a whole "Atlas of Krynn" that I picked up for like $2 at a used book store.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 12:34 AM.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [4E] Dragonlance - Dragons of Autumn

Johanai

Johanai walks along the forest road without speaking. He wears a black red-hemmed cloak over red wizard's robes. In his right hand he carries a staff of transparent crystal, as colourless as ice and enraved with cryptic runes. An orb of gray crystal is fused to the top. Johanai looks worried.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+3)[15]
    Nature check: "Is there anything unusual about this forest?" (1d20+8)[28]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Dlanor walks alongside Johanai, bow over his shoulder, hand on the pommel of his sheathed sword. "You appear troubled, friend Johanai. What gives you cause for concern?"

Spoiler
    Show

Perception - (1d20+7)[18]
    Nature - (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-10-25 at 09:27 AM.
    My other characters/games:

D&D 4E: Sarsath, Dragonborn Sorceror -- Dungeon Crawl REDUX

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

Wikkaquik skips alongside Barok as they journey back to the Inn of Last Home. An unending stream of chatter flows from the excited kender's mouth as he fills in the details of their recent adventure into the Darken Wood.

"So there you were, Barok the Strong... no wait, The Quick!... hmmm... I got it, The Pure. Ok, so Barok the Pure facing the skeleton king and.. and.. and.. and his 4 zombie concubines! Awesome. So the king turns to you and says.. hmm... what should he say.. *in a dark and ominous voice* 'Return my treasures to their trove lest my brides feast on your brains tonight. They are not for the hands of man.' Well of course, Barok the Pure wouldn't have any of that. Raising your - hey, what's going on over there? Looks like some kind of checkpoint. There's never been checkpoint going into Solace before. I think I'll just skip into these woods and go around them Barok. They look busy enough as it is, I wouldn't want to trouble the poor soldiers more then we have to."

Spoiler
    Show

Ducks into the woods off the path and hides, waiting to see what Barok will do.
    Stealth: (1d20+13)[30]
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2008-10-25 at 11:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Johanai looks around at the forest, then shakes his head.
    It's probably nothing, I just thought there was something strange about the forest. I'd ask you but you're the only ranger I've met who knows nothing about nature.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM Roll 1: (1d20+5)[23]
    DM Roll 2: (1d20+9)[29]

Johanai, your Nature check result reveals that the area around you is littered with broken twigs, matted grass, and other signs of a struggle in the area, and you notice footprints going in various directions. Some appear human, some look vaguely human but smaller, and some are large and clawed like you've never seen before.

You take a look around, but hearing and seeing nothing you continue on the trail.

(Also, for you guys' sake I hope I don't roll that well ALL the time. As a player I can barely roll about a 10 with the board roller, but apparently it loves me as a DM...)
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 02:40 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I forgot you can't add in rolls when you edit a post, so I've got to make this post.)

As you continue along the road, the bushes alongside the road rustle. With little warning, six filthy, shabbily-clad but armed and armored humanoids crable from the underbrush and rush at you screaming war-cries in their own tongue. Five of these creatures, goblins, are armed with shortswords of ill make, while the sixth wields what looks like a human-made battleaxe, looted (most likely) from a group of unlucky travelers like yourselves.

Roll initiative!

Goblin Rogue 1: (1d20+3)[8]
    GR 2: (1d20+3)[10]
    GR 3: (1d20+3)[9]
    GR 4: (1d20+3)[19]
    GR 5: (1d20+3)[4]
    Goblin Warrior: (1d20+3)[19]

Brown is the road, and is normal terrain. The Light Green is underbrush and bushes and is difficult terrain. The Dark Green are trees, which can block line of sight, provide cover, and all that happy stuff.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 03:22 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Dlanor is about to retort to his companion's remark, when the humanoids attack. Since the attackers are already at close quarters, he sighs and draws his longsword.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+4)[20]

Heh, heh....see? Why waste the good rolls when you have a perceptive natuaralist Wizard around?
    Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-10-25 at 03:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Johanai points his staff at the axe-wielding goblin.
    Get that one!

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[15]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, here's the initiative order, just so you know:

-Dlanor
    -Goblin Warrior
    -Goblin Rogue 4
    -Johanai
    -GR 2
    -GR 3
    -GR 1
    -GR 4

It's all you, Dlanor.

(I'll update the map everytime I post, so when it's time for the Warrior and GR4 to go, and then again for the rest of the GRs.)
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 03:59 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

The autumn winds had brought with them the smells of fall, the turning of the leaves, and the less-welcome stiffness in his joints that Kelwyn associated with the turning of the season. It was just one more sign that he was not a young man anymore, and he smiled sadly to himself as he and Jorim continued walking to Solace. A hot meal and a comfortable place to sit, preferably by the warmth of a fire, would be a fitting end to this day, and Kelwyn quickened the pace slightly, despite the myriad of small aches that he was feeling.

The appearance of the hobgoblins brought Kelwyn back to the present. "Be ready Jorim," Kelwyn said quietly as the hobs poured out of the bushes. Stepping forward, he stood tall in the road, and addressed the mounted leader of the hobgoblin force.

"We do not carry this armament you seek. What authority do you have to blockade this road?," Kelwyn asks calmly, willing his stiff muscles to relax in preparation for a fight. He did not expect that these brigands would simply allow them to move on, and more to the point, he could not leave such a threat on the roads to ambush innocent men and woman with no means to defend themselves. None-the-less, knowing more about these hobgoblins would allow him to make the best choice to resolve the situation. Kelwyn keeps his eyes up, taking in everything, measuring the odds with the practiced eye of a veteran.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception roll: (1d20+8)[20](28)

How many hobgoblins are we looking at here, and how dangerous do they appear?

Last edited by Britter; 2008-10-25 at 06:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Kelwyn and Jorim:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see six hobgoblins on foot, plus the one on his pony. Most of them look like a generic rabble of hobgoblin mercenaries or fighters, though the one of the pony bears an ornate sword and flashy armor (though his flab sticks out through holes in various points) and holds himself in a self-important manner, though he doesn't look especially mighty.

"What authority?" the fat hobgoblin asks, feigning shock that you don't recognize him or know his business already. "I am Fewmaster Toede, protector of Solace under the command of the dr... uh, High Theocrat Hederick, head of the Seeker leadership in this backwoods town."

Directing the fat pony back to the other hobgoblins, he whispers in Goblin to one of them, who nods his head and eyes the two of you. In Common again, the Fewmaster turns to you, "I believe we'll now have to take you into custody for wandering about within town limits, armed, after hours. Or somesuch. We'll need to start by searching all of your belongings." Address his lackeys again, he begins giving orders. "Search 'em, boys, and then take 'em into custody. If they try to refuse, kill 'em." With that, he turns the pony and starts riding back into the trees.

Brown is the road, and Light Green is just grass, both being normal terrain. Grey are boulders (provide cover and such), and Dark Green is dense forest and wilderness. FT is Fewmaster Toede on his mount, H is a hobgoblin, and the first three letters of your name indicate where you are.

Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 06:22 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor HP:35/35 AC:18, F:14, R:15, W:12

Dlanor quickly closes the distance between him and the goblin warrior. Attacking with his longsword, he takes a quick swipe.

Spoiler
    Show

Dlanor moves to space G8.

Attack - (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[11]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The goblin with the axe raises his weapon to block the assault, but Dlanor is too quick for him and throws him off balance with his attack. Crying out in anger, the goblin returns the blow as one of his fellows attacks the ranger from the other side.

Attack (GW vs. Dlanor): [roll]1d20+6 vs. AC[/roll]
    Damage (GW): (1d10+5)[7]

Attack (GR4 vs. Dlanor): [roll]1d20+5 vs. AC[/roll]
    Damage: [4]

Johanai's turn now.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 07:08 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Johanai (re-rolls):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grr... Re-doing the attack rolls...

Attack 1: (1d20+6)[18] vs. AC
    Attack 2: (1d20+5)[18] vs. AC

Both hit, just barely, for 11 damage.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-25 at 07:08 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

While ducked amongst the bushes, Wikkaquik tries to make his way to the soldiers and hear what they are saying to the family they've accosted.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (1d20+5)[16]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai HP:29/29 AC:16, F:11, R:16, W:13

Johanai hastily steps back, then raises his staff. There is a crack like thick ice breaking, and two bolts of blue-white light burst from his staff, one to each goblin attacking Dlanor. White mist pours off the staff and Johanai's hand whitens as he clutches it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Walk F10->G12
    Standard action: Casting Icy Rays with Staff of Winter, against GR4 and GW.
    GR4:
    To hit:(1d20+7)[12] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d10+6)[13] cold
    Critical Hit damage: Max +(1d6)[3]
    GW:
    To hit:(1d20+7)[15] vs Reflex
    Damage: (1d10+6)[11] cold
    Critical Hit damage: Max +(1d6)[1]
    Last edited by gareth; 2008-10-26 at 12:05 AM. Reason: formatting

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Wikkaquik (and Barok):
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can't hear everything, but the snatches of conversation that make it up the road to you are mainly that of men complaining about long stints of guard duty and how they'd like to go get a stiff drink and a seat by the fire (and maybe even a nice look at that redheaded barmaid). The captain also seems to be questioning the farmers intermittently, and you catch the words "Seekers," "armament," "medallion," and "great evil."

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the frosty rays spring from Johanai's staff, one strikes the larger, axe-bearing goblin firmly in the chest, binding his legs with ice, while the smaller goblin dodges the bolt.

The other goblins, crazed looks on their faces, jump from their hiding places and come at the two of you, swinging wildly.

G1 vs. Johanai: (1d20+5)[16] vs. AC
    G2 vs. Johanai: (1d20+5)[20] vs. AC

G3 vs. Dlanor: (1d20+7)[17] vs. AC
    Damage: [5]
    G5 vs. Dlanor: (1d20+7)[15] vs. AC
    Damage: [5]

Goblin Rogues 1-5 are uninjured.
    The Goblin Warrior is immobilized and injured, but not bloodied.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-26 at 01:36 AM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor HP:24/35 AC:18, F:14, R:15, W:12

Dlanor makes a quick, spinning sidestep to take himself out of the middle of the goblins, targets one of the smaller creatures, and strikes.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Nimble Strike to move to F9 and raise my attack modifier by one more point. Attacking GR3 with the longsword.

Attack - (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[9]

Hello, critical hit! Rerolling damage below.

Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-10-26 at 09:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Spoiler
    Show

If I have this right, I add 1d6 to the original damge....

Critical Damage - (1d6+9)[14]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Barok

"Wait, Wikka..."Barok trails off seeing the kender disappear into the woods. Knowing that he didn't have the skill to make it through the woods, Barok decides to bluff his way through the checkpoint. He clutches his cloak tighter about him, and strains his ears to hear what they are talking about as well as figure out their intentions. If it became apparent that the family was going to be hurt... well something would have to be done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[18] for what they are saying
    Insight: (1d20+9)[22] for what their intentions are going to be, if I can do that.
    Stealth: (1d20+1)[12] for keeping his cloak closed without appearing too obvious.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dlanor quick assault is too much for the goblin, who misses his parrying runs himself completely through with Dlanor's blade. The others yelp, but continue on with their attacks at the half-elf.

GW vs. Dlanor: (1d20+6)[12] vs. AC
    Damage: (1d10+4)[12] damage

GR4 vs. Dlanor: (1d20+5)[23] vs. AC
    Damage: [4] damage

It's now Johanai's turn.

Wikkaquik and Barok:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wikkaquik, unless anything changes, you're pretty sure you're TOTALLY hidden from the guards.

Barok, as you start to approach, you notice and hear more about the scene. The frightened farmers continue to insist they've never heard or seen any artifacts or armaments or anything, and their just trying to get into town. The guards understand, but they indicate that they're searching everyone who comes into Solace, by the order of the Seekers and High Theocrat Hederick.

The sergeant, now clearly visible from the horn hanging at his side, goes to them and bows, indicating his apologies ("Jes doin' ma duties, ma'am."), and several of the guards tip the wagon back over and make sure everything's in order before allowing the farmers to pass into town. They don't seem to be stealing or looting anything, just searching for something (and you have a sneaking suspicion of what that something is).

The guards have yet to see you, but if you continue any further on they'll spot you soon enough.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikka

The kender continues to prowl closer to the patrol, trying to determine if they are about to get violent with the poor family. Seeing the soldiers tip the wagon back and letting the family go along their way convince him that they're not necessarily evil.

Looking from his hiding spot, he sees Barok striding confidently to the checkpoint. "Of course, Barok The Pure wouldn't stand for any sneaking around." he thinks to himself. "Still, perhaps I should see if I can help even the odds."

Taking a minute to adopt his favourite authoritative stage voice (the one he reserves for voicing haughty magistrates or arrogant nobles), the kender shouts from the woods "HEY, YOU THERE ELF! Where do you think you're going sneaking around in the woods like that? Is that a medallion I see? Come back here at once! Help! He's getting away!"

Spoiler
    Show

Wikkaquik is trying to draw the soldiers into the woods so that Barok can get past the checkpoint. After shouting he'll try to duck back into cover.

Bluff: (1d20+9)[27]
    Stealth:(1d20+13)[23]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

Hp:41/41 Ac:21 Fort:18 Ref:17 Will:15

Seven to two...not bad odds for any Knight of Solamnia. Kelwyn smiled grimly as the Fewmaster spoke. There was something rotten in Solace, that much was obvious. It was also obvious to Kelwyn that there was a good chance that the mounted hobgoblin might manage to escape. That was going to make things more complicated, but it couldn't be helped. Charging through the mass of hobgoblins would be tantamount to suicide, and it would cut him off from Jorim. The only way the two of them were going to survive this was to stay close and keep from being surrounded.

These thoughts flashed through Kelwyn's head quickly, and as the hobgoblins moved forward to follow their orders, he gripped Raven's Claw and drew. The blade rang as it left the scabbard; a clear, cold note that carried on the autumn breeze.

"I am Lord Kelwyn Ravenhold, Knight of the Rose. Stand down and I will let you live. But if you will continue in your folly, then you will be cut down." Kelwyn lowered his helmet into it's proper place, and gripped his shield, waiting for the battle to be joined.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+7)[1](8)

Intimidate, to see if I can dissuade the goblins from attacking: (1d20+1)[9](10)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

JohanaiHP:21/29 AC:16, F:13, R:18, W:17

Johanai raises his staff and slams it on the ground, producing a deafening crack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Thunderwave in the square D10-F10-F12-D12, with the Orb of Inevitable Continuance.
    GR1:
    Attack (1d20+7)[13] vs Fortitude.
    Damage (1d6+6)[7]
    Critical hit damage 12+ (1d6)[1]
    If it hits, push from F12 to F10.
    GR2:
    Attack (1d20+7)[9] vs Fortitude.
    Damage (1d6+6)[10]
    Critical hit damage 12+ (1d6)[5]
    If it hits, push from F11 to F9.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Barok

Figuring that slipping the guards a few steel pieces might convince them to let him through without having to search him, Barok walks confidently towards the checkpoint. Suddenly, he hears a deep voice from the woods near him. Having heard the kender's acting voice before, Barok realizes that Wikka is the one creating the distraction. Hoping that the confusion will make things even easier for him at the checkpoint, Barok continues moving quickly towards the checkpoint, ready to bluff or bribe the guards there if need be.

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope it's okay that I already knew that the voice was Wikka. I'll roll for Perception just to be sure. The only bad thing I can think of in this situation is that we won't get as much EXP for bluffing/bribing/sneaking our way through as compared to the EXP from killing 7 or so hobgoblins.

Perception: (1d20+4)[11]
    Hmm... that could be a problem... what is the DM's call here? I can change my post if need be.
    Last edited by Poru93; 2008-10-26 at 03:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Kelwyn and Jorim:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hobgoblin directly in front of your sneers and taunts you in Common, "You'll let us live? That's funny, especially comin' from Solamnic scum like you. It's not like anyone would miss you anyway." Readying his weapon, he calls to the others, "Boys, that sounds like them resistin' arrest to me. Get 'em!"

No surprise round or anything, though I'm sad to say your Intimidate check didn't really work out. I'm gonna go ahead and do initiative, but we'll wait a bit for Jorim. If he doesn't post by tonight, I'll go ahead and go for him.

Group Initiative 1: (1d20+4)[24]
    Group Initiative 2: (1d20+4)[9]
    Initiative 3: (1d20+8)[28]

Map is the same as before, but here it is again for ease of reference.

Barok and Wikkaquik:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the kender's disguised voice rings from the woods, the guards all snap their heads around, looking at each other. The sergeant ponders for a moment, then grabs the horn from his belt, issuing two blasts. He draws his sword and calls most of the soldiers, including the dog, to follow him, leaving one behind to wait for the reinforcements.

DM Roll 1: (1d20+2)[19]

Barok, you recognize the voice of your companion and breath a sigh of relief as the guards chase after the mysterious "elf" in the woods. As you approach the one guard remaining, he's still glancing excitedly into the trees, looking for any sign of movement. When you get close to him, he glances at you momentarily before looking back towards the woods, asking, "Who are you, and, uh, what business do you have in Solace here?" Absent-mindedly, he adds, "And, uh, I'll need to see your backpack, see if you have any contraband..."

Dlanor and Johanai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The goblins leer ever closer to the wizard, but his deafening spell knocks one far back, his head striking the ground rather hard. The other holds his ground and swings wildly at Johanai as another dodges around Dlanor and makes an attack against the half-elf.

GR2 vs. Johanai: (1d20+5)[14] vs. AC

GR5 vs. Dlanor: (1d20+5)[14] vs. AC

GW vs. Dlanor: (1d20+6)[16] vs. AC
    Damage: (1d10+4)[12] damage

-Goblin Warrior is hurt but not longer immobilized.
    -GR1 and GR3 are dead.
    -GR 2, 4, and 5 are up and about.

Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-26 at 06:28 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Barok

"My name's Barok, and I am just a traveler. I had heard that the inn in Solace has some of the best fried potatoes around and I thought I might come and try them. O, right, here's my backpack. I just have some odds and ends in there. A few torches, etc. But if you really feel it's necessary, take a look." Barok says to the sole guard. He slips his backpack off and hands it to the guard in a friendly, unconcerned manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    I really don't need to make a roll here, since I don't actually have anything of importance in my backpack, but to see if Barok can get out of there any faster, I'll roll. Though I'm not sure what would be required here, I'll roll for Diplomacy since I'm trying to persuade him and not bluff him.

Diplomacy: (1d20+4)[8]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor HP:20/35 AC:18, F:14, R:15, W:12

Seeing the goblin warior free himself, Dlanor takes another swing at him. After this attack, he moves laterally again, keeping himself between the goblins and Johanai.

Spoiler
    Show

As a minor action, Dlanor will mark the goblin warrior as his quarry. Using nimble strike again, but this time striking first, then moving to G10 after the attack.

Attack - (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[4]
    Extra Damage to Quarry - (1d6)[5]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

Picking a hefty sized rock, the kender maneuvers himself behind the remaining soldier. Stepping into view of Barok, he gestures wildly at the rock then points at the soldiers head then gestures at the rock again and then the soldiers head. He repeats the motion several times before giving Barok a questioning shrug.

Spoiler
    Show

Wikkaquik will use the rock as an improvised thrown weapon to knock out the remaining soldier if either:
    1) The soldier starts to turn around and might see Wikkaquik (unless Barok has been cleared to go.)
    2) The captain and the rest of the men sound like they're returning.
    3) Barok gives the ok signal.

If Barok is set free to go before any of that happens, Wikkaquik will duck back into cover and meet up with Barok further down the road.

Feel free to roll for me rtg0922. Should be a 1d20+8 to hit (counting Combat Advantage), 1d4 + 5 + 2d6 (Sneak Attack) for damage. Again, not trying to kill the target.
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2008-10-27 at 01:19 AM.