New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: [4E] Dragonlance - Dragons of Autumn

Dlanor

If the mere sight of the Divine Armament is enough to get the Seekers after us, then I doubt that staying here for any longer can end well for us. The garbage chute it is, then." Dlanor starts to head for the back.
    Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-11-12 at 06:25 AM.
    My other characters/games:

D&D 4E: Sarsath, Dragonborn Sorceror -- Dungeon Crawl REDUX

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

"Agreed. We need to get away from these Seekers long enough to figure out what to do next, and I don't think we will have that privilege here in Solace." Kelwyn heads towards the kitchen, and takes up a position near the chute. Once everyone else is through, he will follow.

3. - Top - End - #93

Jorim

Jorim goes down the chute first, ready to take point in case there are any foes waiting for them below.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics: (1d20+8)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

As you head to the kitchen with Tika, the few other workers stare momentarily and then go about their business. "Don't worry about them - they don't really care for the Seekers and their men, either."

Inside the kitchen, you notice a large hole in the center of the floor with a long rope hanging from a sturdy branch above suspended through it. The rope seems like it goes all the way down to a pile of refuse forty feet below, and Tika hastily explains that it's used to haul ale and other supplies from down below. In a pinch, though, it looks like it'll be just as useful for hauling fugitive adventurers down from above.

Spoiler
    Show
    When you descend the rope, I'm gonna need either an Athletics check or an Acrobatics check.

As you start to leave, Tika calls out in a hushed whisper, "Sorry about how this evening went. Once this blows over, stop back by and we'll have a nice, relaxed visit for a change. And keep out of trouble!" she calls with a laugh. She moves back out into the main room of the inn to get back to "business as usual."
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

"AHA! Jorim the Valiant!" Wikkaquik says as he watches Jorim slide down the rope. "Bold and sure, he has the courage of youth and the wisdom of age. Hmmm... still not quite right. Oh well, it's still a work in progress. Good night Tika! It was memorable as always." With that, he swings over the edge and follows Jorim down the rope.

"Just like back in the circus." the kender mutters as he slides easily down the rope.

Spoiler
    Show

Acrobatics Roll (1d20+11)[28]
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2008-11-12 at 11:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Barok

"Well, I'll go next. If those two get into trouble, I may have to find out exactly what this divine armament can do." Baroks says to his remaining friends. With that, he begins to inch his way down the rope.

What have I gotten myself into? *mental sigh* Nothing to do about it now I suppose. Barok thinks to himself as he tries to carefully make his way down the rope.

Spoiler
    Show

Athletics check: (1d20+1)[8]
    If he slips, Acrobatics check: (1d20+1)[12]
    Last edited by Poru93; 2008-11-13 at 07:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Dlanor waits for the others to climb onto the rope, then quickly follows.

Spoiler
    Show

Acrobatics - (1d20+8)[12]

Yeesh....between this roll and the initial combat check a while back, I think I have the clumsiest elf ever......

Last edited by Ron2112; 2008-11-13 at 09:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

Kelwyn follows the rest of the group down the rope, thanking Tika for her kindness and discretion before he makes his exit.

Athletic: (1d20+7)[16](23)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Johanai slowly and awkwardly makes his way down the rope.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics check: (1d20+1)[2]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

As you all begin your descent, the excitement of the moment gets the best of Barok and Johanai, who both slip. Barok manages to catch himself and can climb down again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Johanai needs to make one more Athletics or Acrobatics check to see if he can grab back onto the rope and continue his climb down.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Johanai makes a desperate grab for the rope to stop himself falling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics check: (1d20+1)[16]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Johanai succeeds on his desperate grab and manages to make it the rest of the way down the rope without further trouble.

Now the six of you stand in a pile of trash at the back of the mighty vallenwood. You hear a stern voice floating in from above through the hole and the few open windows. The streets seem somewhat quiet, and the night air is lit by a slightly-past-full Solinari (the white moon of good) and a near-full Lunitari (the red moon of neutrality); the black moon Nuitari is, as usually, invisible to the six of you.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Your path now is up to you.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-11-15 at 12:29 AM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"So... what now? We have to get to Xak Tsaroth, but can we go east? Should someone or a few someones scout around the area and see where we can get out of Solace?" Barok says to the group of friends. Barok ponders different options that the group could take, though he doesn't decide on any of them because he doesn't know where the enemy is...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Johanai makes a cryptic gesture and his robes turn from red to a dull brown.

There, I'll attract less attention like that.

He considers Barok's question.

We'll want to take the east road. Wikka or Dlanor should check it for hostiles first. If it's clear, we're fine. If not, we blast our way through - no sense trying another road that's probably blocked too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Prestidigitation to change the colour of the robes.
    Last edited by gareth; 2008-11-15 at 04:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

Having pulled out his pen and notebook again, Wikkaquik leans against a nearby tree talking to himself while he writes.

"The Companions pondered their options. The idea of abandoning Barok the Pure to his fate at the hands of the Seeker dogs was not one of them. They would not leave him to be tortured or to have his limbs torn off or his eyes eaten by ravens or burned at the stake or any number of other horrendous ideas the head Seeker was no doubt considering."

"Having decided to take the road to Xak Tsaroth, the Companions sent Dlanor the Hunter ahead to check out the dangers of the road."

With that, he puts his writing utensils away, hops away from the tree and looks over at the half-elf. "Shall we?"
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2008-11-15 at 02:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

The knight kept a hand near his sword, ready to fight at a moments notice. Until the companions were clear of Solace, he planned to remain ready. The wilderness held it's own risks, but putting miles between them and the Seekers was the main priority for the moment.

Dlanor and Wikka were the best suited among the group to scout the roads, and Kelwyn knew that they both were good at what they did. "Be quiet and careful my friends, and hurry back. If we don't hear from you within the hour, we will have to assume the worse and try to get out of Solace with Barok and the armament. We shouldn't tarry here though. We need to be out of sight while you two scout."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

"No need to wait too long. Just give us a 2 minute head start then follow down the road. If we see any danger, we'll give 3 quick bird calls followed by a pause then another call. If you hear that stop going forward, be alert and we'll try to get back and let you know what we see."

18. - Top - End - #108

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

"A sound and cautious plan Wikka. Lets get moving." Kelwyn will take the lead position as the less stealthy members of the group begin heading down the path after Dlanor and the kender.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Dlanor glances with amusement at the kender's writing. "Does it say anything in there as to how all this turns out?" he asks with a smile. "Well, we should be off." He unslings his bow, so as to be ready, and runs off ahead with his companion.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Johanai follows the group down the road, chanting under his breath and making more strange gestures. Suddenly a perfect copy of Barok's medallion appears in his hands. He offers it to Barok.

This might be useful if we need a distraction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Prestidigitation to create a temporary, non-functional copy of the medallion.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Barok

"Thanks, Johanai. However, hopefully it won't come to that. Though if it does, I'm sure this will be useful." Barok says to the mage.

Walking behind Kelwyn, Barok whispers a prayer to the old gods to keep Wikka and Dlanor safe as they scouted ahead. After finishing his prayer, Barok turns his attention back to the fake medal in his hand. Just wondering, but how long will this illusion last if I don't know, chuck it far, far away?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

As the half-elf and the kender start to head off, the situation remains the same. There's a lot of arguing and talking above in the Inn, but otherwise town is quiet. You see no guards or others out on the street except for perhaps a few townsfolk wandering home after a long day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, sounds like you've got a bit of a plan going. Dlanor and Wikka, if you're going to be sneaky, could I get a couple of Stealth checks?

Once we get those, I'll be back with more...

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

Ducking in and out of shadows came as second nature to the unwelcome kender. Wikkaquik skipped along the road, keeping close to Dlanor and his eyes and ears open for danger.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth roll (1d20+13)[25]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Dlanor says close to the kender, making every attempt to blend into his surroundings, yet keep a close eye out for anything amiss.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to roll for stealth and perception here.

Perception - (1d20+7)[18]
    Stealth - (1d20+8)[11]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Johanai

Throw it as far as you like, it shouldn't matter.

Spoiler
    Show
    The rules are actually ambiguous as to how long it lasts. It says "until the end of your next turn", and we're not having turns at the moment. Perhaps the DM could make a ruling. In any case throwing it away doesn't have any effect.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

The kender and the half-elf make it a good distance and don't appear to have been seen. In the vicinity of the Inn, you don't notice many guards, and feel safe assuming it's because most of them are inside question Tika, Otik, and the other patrons.

Dlanor and Wikka:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you get further, though, you notice a few guards here and there, but not really that many.

Random DM Roll: (1d100)[28]

Also, I'm gonna need one more Stealth check from each of you.

Everyone Else:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two scouts have been gone about one minute (assuming you're waiting the two minutes discussed earlier). There's still not much activity down on the ground.

Regarding the amulet, I was looking at that earlier and I personally think that some of the uses of prestidigitation seem like they should have Sustain Minor with them, including the one you're using. Basically, it'll stick around as long as you spend a minor action to sustain it, but since there's not really "rounds" right now it shouldn't make a difference.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wikkaquik

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth roll (1d20+13)[21]

Feel free to roll these types of rolls for me in the future rtg0922 if it will speed things along.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Dlanor

Spoiler
    Show

Here's the requested roll......

Stealth - (1d20+8)[12]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Dlanor and Wikka:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've made it basically to the edge of town (near the north-east road) without being stopped or accosted, and for the most part without seeing many townsfolk. Feel free to do anything you'd like now while the others make their way to you.

Everyone Else:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The agreed-upon two minutes since Dlanor and Wikka left are almost up, and you've yet to hear any sounds that would indicate trouble. It's all you guys now.

DM Roll 1: (1d100)[85]
    DM Roll 2: (1d100)[52]

EDIT: Also, as it so happens, both of the two moons that you can see seem to move behind clouds, darkening Solace considerably.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-11-17 at 10:49 PM.

Homebrew:
    Homebrew Compendium

30. - Top - End - #120

BlackDragon

Kelwyn

The minutes passed slowly for Kelwyn. Pre-battle jitters, excitement and awe mixed together in his mind. Only his discipline allowed him to put the thoughts of the existence of the true gods aside and focus on the now. there would be time later for other thoughts.

"Enough time has passed, I think. Let's head out after them. I will lead." Checking the buckles and straps of his pack and gear one last time, Kelwyn headed off in the direction Dlanor and Wikka had gone.