Thread: Cable City IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Cable City IC

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Nice...

"You better not be up to trouble! I'm a hero you know." Said the Captain, smiling. Yet another gleam shone across his white teeth. "How long does this take to work?" He asked impatiently.
    I drew this line myself

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"It's, um... already working," says the long-haired man. "I can barely understand you." It sounds as if all of this is said very... very... slowly. And deeply. "It enhances your speed and strength to ridiculous proportions... it's really, really effective on you, apparently. Fred, go get one of the techies." The non-long-haired punk walks towards the door in the back. Actually, more like strides. No, moseys. He walks very, very, very slowly.

It occurs to you you must be talking really, really fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gotta hand it to you... not many people would follow a random ad to a place that promised you a drug that happened to be in a beat-up warehouse in the middle of a bad part of town.
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-10-29 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33

PirateCaptain

"Oh boy, I'm already too fast for my own good." The Captain said to himself. Upon seeing that he was talking too fast for the guy to hear properly he said, slowly: "Bbbbb......uuuuuuu.....ggggggg......gggggggg..... .eeeeeee.......rrrrrrr!"
    I drew this line myself

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes Shadow View Post
    Someone who could only be described as a "homie" answers the door. "Yo, you here 'bout the free trial, foo'? Step inside." As you do so, you see a door in the back close and catch a glimpse of a trenchcoat and a sterile white room beyond. Surveying the rest of the room, it continues to look exactly like your typical warehouse, except for the drugs on the shelves. Another punk steps up to you, holding a syringe with what appears to be a cocktail sauce inside. He is somewhat distinct from the rest in that his hair hangs past his knees and knots itself at the end. "Hold still," he cautions, and jams it into your arm with blinding speed. Yes, just as fast as you, if not faster.

You come upon what appears to be a brutal murder scene. An old woman lies dead in a trashcan, with thugs in various states of unconciousness around her. One of them groans and glances up at you, then squeaks and tries to get up and run away... but his leg appears to be broken, and he falls back to the ground. "Please don't kill me..."
    Vincent was incredibly disturbed by the recent show of events. Apparently someone had been in the process of murdering this poor old lady when these men had stepped in... This did not bode well. Prehaps a serial killer was on the loose again; this prompted more inquiry. So, Vincent Ashlocke flicked open a switchblade he had found on one of the thugish looking guys (porly just at trend going around.), and pressed it against the throat of the incredibly injured, and broken legged man.
    "I want to know who killed the old lady, and which direction he/she/it went. NOW!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"A secret laboratory? I wonder what exactly they are researching here. And why did he think I was the one he was looking for, and that I would know what to do once I'm here. Somethings really odd about all this, and I have to find out what it is."

Yuki decides to take a closer look at the room she's in right now. She moves around, trying to figure out what all these scientific devices are for, and tries to find any clues as to what it is exactly they are researching here. She checks out the control panels, the tables, and finally risks a closer look at the scientists in the room as well, all the while trying to not draw any attention to herself.
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-10-29 at 11:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"I don't know anything 'bout that..." the man coughs. "Me an' my buddies were- *hack* roughin' up this old chick- *wheeze* and this guy, all in blue an' purple an' junk, said 'is name was Capt'n Dashing... he beat the snot out o' us, and next thing I know some crazy red guy's threatenin' me wit' my own knife..." He looks up and grins crookedly. "That'd be you, o' course. Please don' kill me."

One of the punks from earlier walks in. "Hey, guys, we've got someone reacting strangely to the cocktail." One of the scientists grumbles and starts after him, then notices you. "What're you looking at?" he snaps irritably.

"Oh ho, how funny," says the long-haired man. "Anyway, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Dante. I look after things around here." Just then, Fred comes back with a scientific-looking man. "Alright, let's take a look at you. I presume it's the blue and purple man in the spandex?" The scientist begins poking at you and testing your reflexes.
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

PirateCaptain

"The name's... Heroic Pose. "Captain Dashing! Defender of the weak! Protector of the innocent!" He smiled. He then realised he was still talking to fast for them to hear and sighed. "Hhhhhhh.....iiiiiiiiiiii." Captain Dashing didn't see what poking him would achieve, his reflexes would be too fast for the scientists to see. An idea suddenly popped into Dashing's head. Zooming around the lab, Dashing located a pen and some paper and began writing something. After putting out the flaming paper and putting the melted pen into the bin, Dashing tried again, but slowly this time. It was extremely painful, mentally, to move so slow, in the Captain's eyes at least. Still, he was done writing a message in mere seconds, which read:

"What is this place and what are you doing here?"
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-29 at 05:49 PM.
    I drew this line myself

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't know anything 'bout that..." the man coughs. "Me an' my buddies were- *hack* roughin' up this old chick- *wheeze* and this guy, all in blue an' purple an' junk, said 'is name was Capt'n Dashing... he beat the snot out o' us, and next thing I know some crazy red guy's threatenin' me wit' my own knife..." He looks up and grins crookedly. "That'd be you, o' course. Please don' kill me."

One of the punks from earlier walks in. "Hey, guys, we've got someone reacting strangely to the cocktail." One of the scientists grumbles and starts after him, then notices you. "What're you looking at?" he snaps irritably.

"Oh ho, how funny," says the long-haired man. "Anyway, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Dante. I look after things around here." Just then, Fred comes back with a scientific-looking man. "Alright, let's take a look at you. I presume it's the blue and purple man in the spandex?" The scientist begins poking at you and testing your reflexes.
    "I'm not one to mince words, but from what I just head is thaat you..... things..... decided to mug the old lady, and then however this was decided to stop you? This doesn't really explain why the old lady is currentlty dead, and in the dumpster. Prehaps you'd like to elaborate."

*Knife waving, and nasty verbal insults*

9. - Top - End - #39

NinjaGirl

"Oh don't mind me sir. I'm just new and still trying to find my way around here. Never been in such a big lab before."

Yuki says that while smiling nervously and scratching the back of her head.

10. - Top - End - #40

ElfMonkGuy

ooc:May I have sienna instead?

Mont-Freud awakens from a bad dream, finding himself as a poorly formed rat rat in the sewers under the dock that he must have made in the middle of the night. In his ultimate quest to fight the human evil he, well... he hadn't found much evil yet. He'd found petty criminals, but not pure evil. All the stress had been making him sleep awfully, causing him to sleep walk and even sleep morph. Scurrying up and out of the sewer-system which smelled oddly at home for his rat snout's nostrils he found himself at the feet of a human, acting as if he were expecting him...

[spoiler] Yeah, this way you can catch me up! I've been out with compy problems, sorry! Thanks for not kicking me or leaving me too far behind.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((Ear-pain gets orange text.))

"Hello, little one," says the human in a deep voice. "I am Saul Bardica, and I've been expecting you." He wears a long robe and has a greenish glow about him, but people on the sidewalk don't notice him for some reason.

The techie ignores you and runs out the door. Another comes up to you; he looks to be about eighteen or nineteen. "Um... I heard you say you've never been here before... I'm an intern, I can show you around if you like."

Dante takes the paper and reads it. "This is an Arrowhead lab," he explains. "We manufacture various chemicals and sell them to average people such as..." He eyes you. "...people who are not yourself, apparently. In any case, the drug you've taken is one called the Cocktail, which enhances the user's speed and strength, as I've already told you. It has a bigger brother, called the Serum, that does the same thing, only permanently. Of course, the Serum is rejected fatally by 99% of applicants, and so there has only been one successful test subject. Can you guess who it is?" He smiles, showing abnormally disturbing teeth, and then suddenly grapples Fred, twists his arm behind his back, and shoves him against the wall in less than a second. "That was a clue," Dante says.

"I told you, I don't know anything!" The man has been getting his strength and his bearings back. "Maybe the guy in the costume killed her, I don't know! All you heroes are crazy!"
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

"If he killed the old lady then he is obviously a villian not a hero. Also I was just wondering if you saw where he went. Guess now I have to use my super sight to track his footprints from the impressions in your freinds ribcage."
    *Zrrrhm* Dark accuracy is super sight BTW, allowsm e to aim harder, better, and faster.
    After some EXTREME examinations he will attempt to trace the footprints that are left behind by bloody boots. (It would have happened espeically if he kicked of them.)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((I just realized the Captain is probably COVERED IN BLOOD. Oh well.))

After a good hour examining the impressions and the subsequent footprints, you manage to track the murderer to a nondescript warehouse in the Docks district.

*Ahem* DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!! Showdown time.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateCaptain

((Well, I tried to take out the criminals using non-lethal means. Alright, they were quick and painful means, but I can't imagine I'd be covered in a great deal of blood. As for the old-lady, I would imagine that only my hands, arms and maybe my face would be covered in blood, but if it's alright with you could we just say the blood would of fallen off at the high speeds Dashing was travelling at, that would be a good way for FF Fanboy to track the Captain, by following the microscoping blood traces back to the docks, well, that and my boot imprints.))

Dashing started writing again, taking care to write slowly.

"How long will I be like this? I used to be fast, but not this fast! And is there any food around here? I'm hungry."
    I drew this line myself

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Vincent sniffed the air as he entered the warehouse Cerebrus in his right hand his cloak and hood obsuring the rest of his features as he rasied his hand speaking a verse of bible as he shot at the techie, and whatever gaurds happened to be present his torn cape billowing in an nonexistant wind that billowed through the open door behind him blood pooling silently from the gaurds, and the techie who had only moments ago been so full of life. Yet there they were their life blood pouring from the gunshot wounds the size of fists in their chests exposing the soft muscel, and tissue beneath the shattered ribcages of the dead. Then with a audible sigh, and a quick reloading of his gun he turned to face Captian Dashing, and recognizing the boots immediately he leveled Cerebrus at the Blue spandexed man a cold malelovence gleamingin his blood red eyes as he spoke.
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For thou art with me. Guide my hand o' Lord, and bring thine holy judgement upon this sinner."

As he spoke an audible click sounded from his three barrled gun as he pulled the trigger the triple firing hammers in the back ejecting the mystic rounds in unison.
    ((With the Sheer amout of dice I'm going to be rolling (1 for each detail, and with over 50 details present plus traits. (:shudder:) I think I will hit, but rolls are nessecary.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yin dice
    (17d6)[6][1][1][5][2][4][1][1][1][1][4][3][4][4][6][4][6](54)
    Yang dice
    (17d6)[4][6][6][4][1][4][1][2][3][5][6][6][4][3][3][6][2](66)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

READ THIS, EVERYONE:
    I wasn't going to, but reading that last post I'm instituting a dice cap. For these small threats in the beginning, you get a cap of 4. For Nemesis fights, you get 6 and the enemy gets 7. If you use alliteration in your descriptions, you get an extra die because I love alliteration.

((I'm just going to give you the first 2 die from both sides: 6 and 1 for Yang, 4 and 6 for Yin.)) You manage to kill a couple punks, including Fred and the techie, but five of them survive and pull out their own pistols on you; one even fires at you, but it clangs off your gun. As for Dante, he ducked the bullets and appeared over by the "airlock" door in the back and hit an alarm switch; klaxons are blaring. He casts an evil eye at you and you get a really bad feeling. Menacingly, he says, "I don't let anyone hurt a potential customer... especially not demonic murdering freaks."

((See above few posts.))
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-11-01 at 07:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

READ THIS, EVERYONE:
    I wasn't going to, but reading that last post I'm instituting a dice cap. For these small threats in the beginning, you get a cap of 4. For Nemesis fights, you get 6 and the enemy gets 7. If you use alliteration in your descriptions, you get an extra die because I love alliteration.

((I'm just going to give you the first 2 die from both sides. Hang on a minute.))
    Wow... sorry man. figured with a system like this it would be best to have massive dice pools.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I'm defying the laws of time and space here, since I'm editing that post in another tab, but it's fine. It's kind of hard to define what a "detail" is, in any case; you had quite a few more than I did. But that's still a really, really good post.

Post is edited, read it now.
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-11-01 at 07:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

"A fretful, discontented spirit is open to many temptations. For, in all respects, the little which is allotted to the righteous, is more comfortable and more profitable than the ill-gotten and abused riches of ungodly men."
    Vincent looks at the man staring at him with general indifference as he fires off three more shots at the man, and the alarm box reloading his gun with superhuman speed his cape billowing as he dodged back gracefully, and with an eleborate twist as the bullets of the others flew at him each whisking by leaving a visible trail to his enhanced eyes that had now began to glow with a blood dark red his iris a deep crimson.
    "O God, break the teeth in their mouths; tear out the fangs of the young lions, O Lord! Let them vanish like water that runs away; like grass let them be trodden down and wither. Let them be like the snail that dissolves into slime; like the untimely birth that never sees the sun. Sooner than your pots can feel the heat of thorns, whether green or ablaze, may he sweep them away! The righteous will rejoice when they see vengeance done; they will bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked."

As he says this while shooting with the Triple barrled gun in one hand he flicks out the switchblade he had taken from the criminal earlier, and with the blade slashes out with savage brutality at the nearest junkie the steel rending the flesh of the gaurd a spurt of crimson greeting each savage slashing motion a dozen apperaing in the blink of an eye.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Frogot rols, but thats easily worth the 4d6 EASILY.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yin
    (2d6)[1][4](5)
    Yang
    (2d6)[2][2](4)
    with my dark accuracy at 3 I only failed once.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-01 at 07:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

NinjaGirl

Yuki smiles broadly at the boy. "Yes, that would be very nice of you, thank you so much."

"That was way too close, better be careful and don't act suspicious now."
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-01 at 07:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

PirateCaptain

Dashing jumped to cover as the first couple of bullets went off. Although he was super-human, he was still mortal and gun shots would be near if not completely lethal. He looked in horror as he saw the scientists cut down with incredible speed. Enough was enough, Dashing, using his new enhanced speed, charged at the crazed man in the blink of an eye and proceeded to disarm him at quickly as possible.

(I have no idea how to handle player confrontations, although it's probably best we don't fight at all, somehow, so we don't accidently kill each other)
    I drew this line myself

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

((You roll the dice, but as you have no trait regrding strength, and I have a 4 in said trait itas proly not gonna happen (See: Fiendish strength.) As the rules regarding rolls pretain to your traits, and with my trait regrading gun fighting (Dark accuracy.) the system basicly works that if you have the traits, and its super human you can proly do it. You don't, and well. *blech* )
    As the man rushed up to vincent Ashelocke with a speed that even he could barely see (do to drugs, normally he could see you, and oprecieve you fine.)
    a gust of wind blasting up at him as he felt a hard tug on his gun, yet that hard tug was that of a mortal man, and nothing compared to that of his own. thus, with a mighty jerk as the man grabbed the gun, and a shot at the groin he attempted to incapicate this man for JUDGMENT.
    Spoiler
    Show

Still worth the four dice.
    Yin
    (2d6)[5][6](11)
    Yang
    (2d6)[5][5](10)
    Darn only the Yang succeedes/ Stupid only have one five in stats. :/
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-01 at 08:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((For the player confrontations: Roll dice as normal. Don't worry, I won't let either of you die. I have a deux ex machina on hand. Also, about the disarming thing: I'm making a house rule. You each roll 1d6, whoever has a super ablility pertaining to it gets a +2 bonus. However, right now Dashing also has super strength, the Cocktail does that as well; so Vincent gets only a +1 bonus.))

One of your bullets actually collides with another midair, stopping both dead in their tracks and possibly saving your life. Also, the rest of the punks are dead and bleeding all over the floor. It's gross.

Dashing and Vincent: A troop of guards marches out the airlock door. Unlike the punks in the warehouse, however, these guys mean business: body armor, SMG, tactical-looking goggles, the whole works. And it looks like they've had an injection recently, because they're standing right next to you already, guns leveled. "Stop this," says one of them. "Violence will not be tolerated inside this laboratory." Without waiting for a word from either of you, the guards open fire.

An alarm goes off, but the only ones who pay attention are the guards. A squad of them inject themselves with a reddish liquid, then run out through the airlock-bay. "Ignore that," says the intern. "My name's Matthew, by the way. Come on, I'll show you the stuff." He leads you through the lab, pointing out various chemicals and things. There are things called Brussels- "a kind of healing potion, I guess"- and all manner of dangerous-looking weapons on racks, including a few high-tech rocket launchers and one that Matthew swears is an actual laser. Before long, he comes to two things he describes as "the pride and joy of Arrowhead: the Cocktail Sauce and the Suit. The Cocktail," he says, "enhances the speed and strength of whoever is injected with it for a short amount of time. It's fantastic to watch. And the Suit..." He grins. "Well, see for yourself." He opens up one of the doors in the back, and you are greeted with one of the most awe-inspiring things you've ever seen. A suit of body armor stands unworn on a pedestal, computers and control panels surrounding it. Strangely, the room is unoccupied, but it seems full; the Suit radiates power. It is colored a sleek, glossy black over the torso, head, hands and feet, but everywhere else is a smooth, flexible gray substance. The helmet has no visor, just a black sphere. Strapped to its back is a gun with buttons and keypads covering the butt, and a long, slender tube coming out the front. It looks like a combination of a sniper rifle and some kind of transforming weapon. "It has a jetpack, wrist cannons, and even a few energy blades concealed in the armor," whispers Matthew. "The gun can transform into nearly every known kind of projectile weapon, and can use any substance as ammo. I crammed a soup can into it once, and it still fired. We're planning to mass-produce them and form a Cocktail-fueled Suit-wearing army so we can complete our ultimate goal."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

PirateCaptain

(Was half-way through posting a pretty cool defence, then I saw Xerxes post, am I wounded/did I get shot?)

Dashing hit the ground and proceeded to crawl, at high speed, towards the nearest exit. "Screw that..." He thought. "I'll let a real hero handle this!"
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-01 at 09:45 PM.
    I drew this line myself

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

One of the guards curses and starts to follow you, but Dante puts a hand on his shoulder and then runs after you instead. He scoops you up and runs you all the way through the slums before stopping. "Who the hell was that?!" he demands.

Make a Yin roll. If it succeeds, you weren't shot.
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-11-01 at 09:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Just the one? I guess I'll be rolling against my Super Speed trait, for dodging, which is a 5, (d6)[5]

Ooooo... that was bloody close... I think...

Dashing dusted himself down, noticing several bullet holes in his cape. "That was a little too close for comfort." He said, he then realised he was still talking at 'normal' speed and so said slowly: "I have no idea who that guy was, he was crazy! And thanks for saving my life, it seems you're more of a hero than me..." Dashing hung his head in shame.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since this guy's super fast as well can he hear me when I speak 'normal'? Also I'm not going to bother typing in the same slow style as last time, it would take up way too much space and would probably be annoying to read.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-01 at 10:07 PM.
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #58

ElfMonkGuy

Mont-Freud looked up at the greenish man in front of him, wondering who he was. Looking around, there was not change and no scraps of paper or anything worth looking at on the ground around him; except him. Still leary of the man, Mont-Freud scurries away behind a building rapidly morphing himself before the man could catch him. He'd become a robin and fly to the top of a nearby tree off the edge of the sidewalk and see if the man could still recognize him - he'd had people talk to him before when he was in an animal form and they were normally just crazy or very much the animal loving type - this guy was different, it seemed. Still not wanting to freak the man out very much or blow his cover to anyone Mont-Freud went around the building and followed through with the plan after an easy transformation (creatures of similar size were easy to morph to because he didn't need to shed any of his muck or gain any either) with only slight problems flying. It was always difficult to fly after a few weeks - I'll have to practice that! thought Mont-Freud. But the awkwardness was in the discomfort of the flier and would not be visible to the greenish man.

Mont-Freud began preening himself, near instinctively, after he reached his perching branch still disgusted by the sewers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Mont-Freud can be a cleanly ball of muck sometimes too!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

As Vincent takes prusuit (Rping here, nothing personal.) He reloads his gun with a soft "clack" as he shuts the guns ammo chambers, and presuies the vile murder, and the peddler of foul body altering drugs.
    "My stagnant malice towards you is the only thing that's real.
    You played a game of cards and now it's time for me to deal.
    My utter passion realized to see your lifeless body dead. There's no turning back. I'm in my dark murderous stance"

(Ah, poetry is tis the spice of life no?)
    His vision has begun to blur filling out with red, and he found himself consumed in seeing these foul criminals dead. (Rping here nothing against anyone. In fact I suggest you start running. FAST. )
    Then with a feral snarl that upon his countenace brought a grimmace He let of a trio of fell shots from Cerebrus which in itself had begun to change. THe weapon itself seemed darker, and more malignant than before for those few who had seen. What once shined with brillance now bore the blood of the dead in a feral snarl.
    Spoiler
    Show

Since I'm just chasing, and no shots have been directed at me in the last post.,
    (4d6)[6][4][5][1](16)
    All in attack!
    2 of them have been made.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-02 at 02:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

PirateCaptain

(No worries , but the guards opened fire on us, so you should make a Yin roll, like I did, against some form of defence.)

Dashing was amazed at the strange man's persistance and speed, but also is amazing tracking ability. Not waiting for the scientist guy to react, Dashing dodged out of the way of the bullets, running slightly up a wall, back-flipping and landing behind the strange man in one graceful movement. "Stop this killing!" Said Dashing, slowly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling 4 Yin die because I'm on the defensive, again, against my Super-Speed (5) to dodge

(d6)[4]
    (d6)[2]
    (d6)[4]
    (d6)[3]
    I drew this line myself