New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Darker Knights

Teevo mumbles something Draconic in his sleep, then bolts upright, staring wildly around the room. Kobolds didn't stay alive for so long by remaining off-guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen:(1d20-1)[19]
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2008-10-30 at 08:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Gronk

Gronk lets out a loud snort as he is started awake. "Wha?"

Spoiler
    Show

Listen - (1d20-5)[13] vs. DC 11
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-10-30 at 08:42 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribe snorts awake and shakes Pip. "Ook?" he says.

Pip yawns and says "No sir I didn't hear any loud explosion, you must have been having the banana evocation dream again.

Spoiler
    Show

The scribe
    (1d20-1)[11]

Pip
    (1d20-11)[-4]
    I gave Pip the -10 because he's sleeping with his " prentice" hat is pulled over his head
    Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2008-10-30 at 10:00 PM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Putting this in a new post since the last one is on the previous page. If your listen check, once awake, exceeds 15, you can hear some crackling of flames from the next room.
    Last edited by 0SpinBoson; 2008-10-30 at 11:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy, who had sat awake to act as guard over the sleeping spellcasters, sits far in one corner. He idly plays with a copper coin that he keeps trying to flip into the air and catch, but it keeps landing on the stone floor in front of him.

Upon hearing the explosion, he gets to his feet, tucking the coin back into his pouch. He draws his greatsword and moves toward the door to listen at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20+2)[6]

6. - Top - End - #36

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribe stands on his legs and one arm and uses the other to brush himself off a bit and looks towards the door. Pip falls back asleep.

Spoiler
    Show

new listen checks
    scribe
    (1d20-1)[12]

pip
    (1d20-21)[-13]
    Pip fell back asleep

Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2008-10-31 at 01:24 AM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Fumbles has long since settled to sleep, abandoning his axe in the altar until such time as he feels inclined to try getting it back out - besides, he's exhausted, and so is the donkey, which sleeps peacefully, with the occasional clank emerging from its ever-present barding.

At the encroachment of the sound, the gnome twitches, a bit of instinctual paranoia giving him a mental nudge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20+1)[14]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo's orange eyes dart around behind his oversized glasses, his frayed nerves skittering as he tries to figure out what jolted him awake.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen:(1d20-1)[13]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daichi

Having taken his watch already, Daichi, sitting behind the alter and against the wall, opens his eyes and stands up, drawing three shuriken in each hand and then gently setting them back into their hiding places upon seeing no immediate threat.

The giant takes a moment to string his bow and slips an arrows to it before approaching the door to the adjacent room. He quietly opens it a crack, and takes a look at what's happened on the other side, and what on earth could have woken him up in the middle of the night.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen - (1d20+10)[22] v. DC 11

Move Silently - (1d20+8)[20]
    Spot - (1d20+10)[20]

[/spoiler]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Shizzles was stretched noncommitedly on the floor and drifting in and out of sleep, and he seemed particularly dozy when the boom came. Whatever was going through his mind seemed much more important than what was coming from elsewhere. The loud noise barely startled him, and he yawned, ignoring it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[6] - Listen

(Ok, 2 questions. First, can a psycristal make the check and then "wake" its master, and would those of us who failed the initial check be woken up by our party members' noise in reaction to it?)
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-10-31 at 08:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag rolls over and continues snoring.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo's orange eyes flick over the group, noting Daichi at the door, and the rest of the group asleep. Erring on the side of caution, he looks to the rest of the sleeping group and hisses as loudly as he dares, "Hey! Listen! Wake up!"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Seeing Daichi very slowly approaching him and the door, Scrappy takes a moment more to listen carefully then steps back a pace or two as Daichi finally reaches his position. Scrappy stands where he'll be able to also look through the door as it opens, with sword in hand. He nods to the giant, silently letting him know that he was ready for whatever happened.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

As Daichi cracks open the door, a blast of hot air surges through. Beyond the door, the things in the room that are flammable are on fire. This includes a few corpses on the ground, and a body that looks like it will soon join its compatriots. It is mewling pitifully.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo hisses and draws back from the door as the wave of heat washes into the room. He pokes his head forward curiously, trying to squint through the flames at whatever the mewling thing might be and idly wondering if it tasted good.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Teevo's hiss seems to finally wake Shizzles ((I presume it does, at least - PM me if wrong)); the cat opens its eyes and blinks several times before yawning very, very widely. It goes out of the pocket of the backpack it had spent the last few hours in, and after a few licks looks around curiously in the direction of the door. Its eyes shine with the light of the fire as the other party members hear It would have been warmer if it was like that before. What was making that sound?

17. - Top - End - #47

Gronk

"Ugh... I really need sleep before dealing with stuff like this. Or ale." He gets up and staggers to a place where he can see the other room, but still have a fair bit of distance away from it. "So... what do you think started the fire?"

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

18. - Top - End - #48

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribes eyebrows rise at the heat and he pinches pip with his foot.

Pip snorts awake and slides the pointed hat on his head, which says " Prentice" back into place.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo

The little janitor shrugs at Gronk. "Haven't the foggiest. It sounds like something's still alive in there! I can't quite..." He peers into the room. "...make out what it is..."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Those near the door notice that on the floor is a burning goblinoid. He looks at you unfocussedly and continues making pitiful sounds. He doesn't look like he's going to last much longer.

21. - Top - End - #51

RogueGuy

The Scribe

A softy at heart, the scribe hears the mewling sound and goes forward to comfort the goblinoid. He steps past the others and opens the door and . . .

22. - Top - End - #52

Gronk

The half-orc looks dispassionately at the goblinoid. "Well, that saves us one, at least... still," he adds, continuing to look at the flames, "this might not be the safest place to stay. On the other hand, I really need a few more hours of shut-eye..."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DJDeMiko View Post
    The Scribe

A softy at heart, the scribe hears the mewling sound and goes forward to comfort the goblinoid. He steps past the others and opens the door and . . .
    The room beyond looks like a brief inferno raged, igniting flammables, which included the unfortunate goblinoids. There are a bench and tables with some (now melting) mugs on top, a weapons rack, and two other doors, one ajar, one closed. the goblinoids are wearing (now scorched) armor. The barely-living one looks up at the Scribe, manages to raise an arm, and points at the slightly open door. All his hair has been burnt off, and he looks seriously injured.

24. - Top - End - #54

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribe looks at the goblinoid with pity and question in his eyes and says "Ook?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag bolts upright, finally realizing that whatever dream he was frolicking through isn't as important as what's going on in the room. He quickly stands up and hearing the mewling of an injured creature, rolls his sleaves up and moves forward. He reaches his hand out, heedless of the flames and attempts to bring forth the power of his god.

Spoiler
    Show

Caster level check to avoid zapping the goblin upon healing
    DC 11 (1d20+5)[8]
    Amount healed for from cure light (1d8+5)[8]

The goblin receives the healing, but needs to make a DC 11 Fortitude save or be dazed due to the improper application of healing as he gets jolted by electricity.

Electricity arcs out from his fingers as Tovag summons forth the healing powers of Talos. Ignoring the goblin's yelp of pain, Tovag begins to drag the goblin away from the inferno back into the relative safety of the sacrificial room.
    Last edited by Fermi-Flavor Pi; 2008-11-03 at 05:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy stands there next to the door with mouth agape as he watches others rush in to help the goblin. "So, wait... We're helping the goblins now? I thought..." his voice trails off, overcome with confusion.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-11-03 at 06:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daich

Though the thought of leaving a seemingly helpless creature to die a fiery fate weighed down on his heart (in addition to the usual four gallons that pumped through it), he found his desire for self-preservation, honed by years of training, superseding any desire of rescuing the crying goblin. At least he did not need to spur his companions to feel some compassion. Just in case things are not as they appear, he knocks an arrow and prepares to shoot on any treachery.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready Action to shoot any hostile creature
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

We're not saving a goblin, we're saving information. We will have to decide later whether we're actually saving a goblin here once he tells us what in Latos's name happened in there. Someone close that door, it's getting bloody hot in here and someone come here and put out the fire on this thing's clothes while I look for any more wounds.
    Last edited by Fermi-Flavor Pi; 2008-11-03 at 06:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag leans over to check the goblin's vitals.

Spoiler
    Show

New post since the post limit borked my roll by treating it like an edit.

Heal Check (1d20+7)[22]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo

The little janitor busies himself by sweeping up all the soot and ashes that the body tracked into the room. He glances at the wounded goblinoid, then at the piles of slaughtered goblins lying around the room. Finally, Teevo shakes his head in exasperation at the inexplicable actions of his allies and continues sweeping.