New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: The Darker Knights

The healing stream of lightning fizzles a bit as it hits the Goblin's skin, but he seems unharmed by it. In fact, he looks a bit better, and is slowly coming to and starting to take in his surroundings and who, exactly, saved him.

The flammable objects in the room are nearly extinguished, and the room is getting darker again.

Tovag, after examining the Goblin, notices no wounds aside from the ones due to being set on fire.

Those of you with any spellcraft, make a check please, assuming you observe the room (and are not obstructed by a huge ninja ).

Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin attempts to save and not get hit by lightning and
    (1d20+2)[11]
    makes it!
    Last edited by 0SpinBoson; 2008-11-04 at 01:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The Scribe sniffs the air as Pip looks around with a vacant stare.

Spoiler
    Show
    spellcraft(1d20+12)[22]

Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2008-11-04 at 01:12 PM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy seems satisfied, if not pleased, by Torvag's response and goes back to observing the room. He uses his everburning torch as the room's furnishings begin to smolder themselves out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft (1d20+2)[13]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag, satisfied that the goblin is healthy and will survive, looks up to glance around the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft (1d20+8)[19]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Gronk

Shrugging slightly at the thought of rescuing one of the goblins that they ame to exterminate, Gronk peeks into the no-longer-flaming wreckage to see what he can.

Spoiler
    Show

No ranks in spellcraft, sorry.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

If you got a 15 or above in spellcraft, you can determine that there seems to be a spherical pattern to the burnt objects in the room, quite like a fireball spell.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo quietly pokes his snout around Gronk's legs, hiding behind him while peering into the room as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft: (1d20+8)[23]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles ambles towards the goblin and sniffs him. Crunchy. Do you think he'll be worth your time, Tov? He looks at the cleric, questioningly. After the answer, he goes towards the door and inspects the debris. Strange, I was expecting we'd be the only ones blasting the goblins and any other creatures. What might've caused that? those near him ... hear.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+9[/roll] Psicraft
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-11-04 at 03:33 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Gronk

"I don't know which would annoy me more -- an enemy magician on the loose or another band of adventurers horning in on our turf..."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daichi

Curious as to what had caused the spontaneous explosion in the next room, he takes a few steps through the door and looks about, perhaps for any source, or just doors and hallways anything could have come from or gone through.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy shrugs and follows Daichi into the next room, sword still at the ready. He tries to move quietly, but as usual, ends up making a racket similar to a wind-chime made from pots and pans in his clanking heavy armor.

12. - Top - End - #72

RogueGuy

The Scribe

Sniffing the air he detects the faintest smell of bat gauno and says "ook!"

Pip shrinks back and holds the scribes smell book in front of him like a shield. "A fireball master? Oh no, the last time a fireball went off the A on my hat and my eyebrows were burned off"

Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

As you can see by the torchlight, the formerly burning room contains some burnts objects and two obvious exits other than the one you came in through. There are two doors; one is closed, one is slightly ajar. Beyond the slightly open one is darkness.

14. - Top - End - #74

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The Scribe knuckles over to the door which is no longer a door and peeks into the darkness. If it is to dark to see he will cast a light cantrip with a faint "ook."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo

Teevo squints, trying to peer into the darkness beyond the ajar door with his Darkvision (60ft).

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Beyond the door is a long hallway with a stone floor. There is a light draft.

17. - Top - End - #77

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The Scribe lifts his finger to his lips and makes a shushing noise. He then points towards the hallway and begins to creep down with pip following nervously 20 feet back.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo

The little janitor swallows nervously, gripping his mop, and casts a furtive glance around the scorched room before hurriedly skittering after the Scribe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+6)[23]
    Hide: (1d20+22)[35]
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2008-11-06 at 04:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Gronk

The half-orc mutters as he takes up a position in the rear, "no spells, no sleep, and no ale. This can't turn out good..."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles appears bored by the goblin's quiet mewling (and the smell of slightly singed fur, flesh, or unidentifiable organic matter coming from it) and with a metaphorical raise of his shoulders, looks into the next room. Seeing the destruction there, he gives it a quizzical look and skulks inside it. Once there, he busies himself with inspecting the room's darker and stuffier corners.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[20] Hide
    (1d20+6)[8] move silently
    (1d20+3)[5] spot
    (1d20+3)[7] search; psicrystal makes passive spot and listen rolls at +6

Unless he finds something important, he will then spend some time examining the area of the blast - from a (hopefully) safe distance. Hmmmmr, that does look like a fine piece of work,yees.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+9[/roll] - oh, forget it, I'm just taking 10. Or 20, if allowed
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-11-07 at 07:08 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag picks his spear up and looks down at the goblin. Speaking the Common tongue as it is all he knows, he asks the goblin What happened in there? Prove yourself useful and you might have a chance, prove otherwise and you might not.

22. - Top - End - #82

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribe turns back from the hallway to listen tot he questioning.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

"We've healed you and saved your life. And I apologize for zapping you, that just happens sometimes. Anything you can tell us about what happened to you in there, or who or what Galbrok is will go over really well with my friends regarding your continued survival"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy check (1d20+2)[17]

Edit: Not bad
    Last edited by Fermi-Flavor Pi; 2008-11-06 at 04:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy pays little attention to what is going on behind him with the goblin. He moves forward into the formerly burning room, and looks around to make sure there are no immediate dangers. Assuming he sees none, he takes up a guard post next to the door, waiting for others to do what they're going to beyond.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daichi

Knowing how quickly he would fall behind the other 'Knights' if he was to proceed into the hallway, he takes up station with his bow in the center of the burnt room eyeing the doorways for signs of suspicion, or screams of terror....

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on spot and listen, total of 20 to each. Will do this and stay on guard to shoot anything hostile that might pop out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The goblin doesn't seem to understand you, however he seems to catch the word Galbrok. He responds "Galbrok! Ha inte door die gran," and points to the slightly ajar door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin sense motive:
    (1d20+2)[8]

However, he doesn't seem to be able to figure out what else you're asking. He seems very grateful of your help.
    Last edited by 0SpinBoson; 2008-11-06 at 08:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

RogueGuy

The Scribe

Pip walks over the the cleric and almost trips over his robes in the process.

"Hold on, I speak a little goblin," Pip says, "I will try to ask him." Pip turns to the goblin and says "Raba daba ding ding happa starza waz."

Spoiler
    Show

Pip's knowledge of goblin is enough to count to 10 and say "can you point me to the nearest restroom."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo

Teevo leans around the ajar door and peers down the hallway, trying to see if there's anything visible or of interest.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DJDeMiko View Post
    The Scribe

Pip walks over the the cleric and almost trips over his robes in the process.

"Hold on, I speak a little goblin," Pip says, "I will try to ask him." Pip turns to the goblin and says "Raba daba ding ding happa starza waz."

The Goblins eyes go wide, and he replies "You ferg not jaha guys? Jahe killed me and my ge! We were wani for you!"

Down the hallway, you can see that it opens up into a larger area. There are a few lit torches in the distance.
    Last edited by 0SpinBoson; 2008-11-08 at 03:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribe says "ook" and waves towards the hall that the janitor is looking down.

Pip looks confused at the goblins reply and says "i think he just asked if I wanted to marry him . . . he must be in shock."