New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Darker Knights

Shizzles

The cat looks inscrutably at the charred "furniture" for several minutes, then looks on in Teevo's direction and ambles on towards the goblin. He comes near the creature and paws at his boots playfully. Hmmmr, any luck with this one, perhaps? It's getting a little hmmmm borring.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Gronk

"Come on, guys, are we sleeping or exploring? At this point, I'm just awake enough to be cranky..."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo creeps quietly down the hallway towards the distant torchlight, his eyes magnified like saucers behind his thick glasses as he glances about in vague paranoia.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

The Scribe

With a quick "ook" The Scribe hurries after the small kobold.

Pip gasps and follows his master mumbling, "if you really think we should just let him go . . . . . i guess your right, he can't possibly harm us now."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

In the distance, those of you who have low-light or better vision can see three kobolds in the distance, by the torches. Make spot and listen checks please.
    Last edited by 0SpinBoson; 2008-11-10 at 10:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo's subterranean eyes squint into the darkness, the torchlight ruining his night vision. Darnit, my glasses are getting fogged up again... He takes them off and wipes at the lenses with a sleeve.

Spoiler
    Show
    Darkvision 60ft. the foggy glasses are the IC explanation for the piss-poor rolls. :(

Spot: (1d20-1)[2]
    Listen: (1d20-1)[11]
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2008-11-10 at 11:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

RogueGuy

The Scribe

As they walk down the hall cautiously The Scribe slows for caution when pip bumps into him and says in a low but squeaky voice "sorry sir" which drowns out any other sounds that could be heard.

Spoiler
    Show

the scribe
    spot - (1d20-1)[8]
    listen - (1d20-1)[10]

Pip
    spot - (1d20-21)[-4]
    listen - (1d20-21)[-18]

Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2008-11-11 at 12:50 AM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Gronk

Gronk thinks he might see some figures down the hallway, but he's not sure... his eyes and ears are still cloudy from a distinct lack of quality sleep.

Spoiler
    Show

Time for my abysmal Listen - (1d20-5)[-4] and Spot - (1d20-5)[-4] checks. (Yea, flaws!)

Edit: Oh yes, that is indeed a pair of natural "1"s...
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-11-12 at 01:46 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy continues to stand guard next to the door. As he does so, he glances down the hallway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20)[19]
    Listen - (1d20+2)[12]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles looks at the goblin for quite a while, until eventually he gets bored and looks up towards the, er, cleric. Are you done with him, hmm? I think we may have more luck ahead. Then he turns towards the room again, ambling towards the door. Anybody cares to, hmm, scout around? the others hear as the cat looks curiously down the corridor.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[6] - Spot (low-light vision)
    (1d20+3)[18] - Listen

(1d20+6)[14] - Spot for Psicrystal (60 feet darkvision
    (1d20+6)[20] - listen Psicrystal
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-11-12 at 02:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[12] diplomacy
    (1d20+12)[32] sense motive

Sorry, didn't see the OOC update. In that case, can I have a telepathic conversation with the goblin, say in OOC or PMs so we don't slow this thread down too much? Shizzles will ask about how many there are, who is the boss and what they are planning.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag points his spear at the goblin, then at the door the party entered originally. Grabbing the rest of his kit, he turns his back on the goblin and follows Mr. Shizzles into the other room. "Gods I'm going to be tired in the morning".

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Without darkvision, a spot of 10 means you can see that there are 3 goblins by the torches.

Without darkvision, a spot of 15 means you can see that one of them is wearing robes, the other two are wearing leather armor.

With low-light or better, a spot of 15 lets you see a few sleeping goblins off to the side.

A listen check of 15 or better lets you hear that the goblins are arguing.

14. - Top - End - #104

RogueGuy

The Scribe

Failing to realize that theirs anything before them, The Scribe continues to move forward.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles was a little murky-eyed from his last rest, but he thought he saw something down the corridor. When the monk... mage started walking towards it, he hissed Get back, damnit, there is someone there!
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #106

RogueGuy

THe Scribe

THe Scribe jumps back, bumping inot Pip and says "OOK!"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo freezes to the spot and hunkers down, clutching his mop and peering fearfully down the hall ahead.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daichi

Hearing the scribes surpised ooking form the hallway, the giantling walks over to the hallway and makes a cursory glance, instantly spotting the goblins. [taking 10 + 10 on both listen and spot] He takes position next to the hallway door, puts his foot just to the edge of it, and holds his bow at the ready.

Stealth - At the moment, yes
    Escape Plan - Close the door, back up to the alter room, close the alter rooms door.
    Attack Plan - Get the cat, the ape and the kobold to form a line and back up as they can. Kobold provides close-protection for the two, I provide covering fire.
    Alternate plan - ...

Daichi takes a look back into the room and looks for the goblin. He grabs his attention and motions for it to come closer. "Come here, I think we found you some friends..."

Alternate Plan - Use the burnt goblin to put ourselves in good standings with the hallway goblins. Generous healing must be worth something. Part peacefully and go back to sleep.
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2008-11-15 at 01:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles looks down in the hallway again, then at his companions. So, hmm, any ideas or are we doing the shouting and butchering routine again?. Then he notices Daichi going back into the room. What has gotten into him?

((Has anyone in the group shown a propensity for stealth so far in our adventures together?))

20. - Top - End - #110

RogueGuy

The Scribe

Pip Squeeks in fear.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The goblins in the distance seem to have noticed one of you making a sound, and are now pointing in your direction and screaming.

The one in the room, thoroughly confused by the images in its head and the people talking to him in a funny language, slowly gets up.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Spoiler
    Show
    Scrappy regularly volunteers for missions involving stealth, but the group has probably long ago realized it's a bad idea to let him carry them out. He's clumsy, and wearing plate. Do the math.

Scrappy takes a few steps back. "Uh-oh. This doesn't look good," he says still feeling the stiffness caused by many un-healed wounds. He readies his greatsword and steps around the corner a few steps trying to stay out of the goblin's sight, for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide - (1d20-4)[2] See, told ya it's not wise to let him be stealthy, and that's with a +4 for being small.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-11-21 at 01:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Kobolds are equally as cowardly and skittish as the Goblins, Teevo points at them and screams right back.

24. - Top - End - #114

RogueGuy

The Scribe

When the goblins and the kobold start to scream, Pip starts to scream as well, kneels down and pulls his " prentice" hat down over his eyes.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daichi

Daichi waits a moment for the screams to die down a little bit before putting a big, comforting hand on the back of the goblin. Doing his best to be reassuring as he can to him, he calls out, "Shizzles. Could you somehow tell this goblin everything is fine and perhaps reiterate that we helped heal him?

Unsure how fast the situation might go south, he preemptively makes his own pantomime attempts. He gives the goblins a small piece of bandage, pats him on his head, and gently directs him to go to the other goblins at the end of the hall. If only I had some candy.... The most I can do is provide a good impression after everything that's happened, avoid aggression as long as possible, and hope he says something nice about us.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

The cat looks at Daichi with a look on its face that could either be constipated or disapproving. Not now, I'm trying to get something out of him.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The Goblin, thoroughly confused by the images in his head and whats happened to him over the past hour, moves toward Daichi.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Upon seeing the goblin move toward Daichi, Tovag lowers his spear in an attempt to look non-threatening and moves to the back of the room away from the burnt up room. He seems to be keeping one eye on Daichi and the goblin and one eye on the door which is between him and screaming goblins.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Mr.Shizzles appears more or less content with what he has managed to get out of the goblin, and looks at Daichi. Careful with that one, he might be a bit, er, shaken. What do you want to do with him, hmmmmr?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

The goblins, confused by the appearance of their friend, begin to chatter at each other. The one with you looks very nervous, but doesn't say anything. The sleeping goblins in the corner are waking up.