New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: The Darker Knights

The Scribe

In a flash of insight, seeing a possible way to avoid more blood shed, The Scribe turns to the "captured" goblin, looks him in the eyes, points at the other goblins and says in a very polite voice, "Ook," and smiles.

Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daichi

The giant nods his head to the Scribe, "My sentiments exactly."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Since the goblins have stopped screaming, Teevo stops screaming as well, and looks uncertainly back down the hall at the rest of the party, not sure of what to do next.

4. - Top - End - #124

RogueGuy

The Scribe

At Teevo's look of confusion The Scribe rolls his eyes and repeats himself. "OOK!" he says more pointedly to clear matters up.
    Last edited by DJDeMiko; 2008-11-20 at 02:26 AM.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Gronk

Having not seen or heard the goblins, Gronk asks, "what's all the screaming about?"

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Shizzles gives a very, very soft sigh. Sometimes, being around manually-inclined companions had its... drawbacks. He concentrates and tries to get the attention of the "captured" goblin, trying to convey the image of the goblin and several others leaving the way the party came, and the mental equivalent of a question mark.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Your goblin-friend slowly walks into the room. Noticing that you're letting him walk freely, the other goblins chatter even more excitedly.

As the one you captured makes his way across the room, he stops midway and says something. Pip says "Sir, I believe one of those words was `walk`. The others might have somethiing to do with squirrels, I'm afraid."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy doesn't move from his "hiding" place, he wants to take the goblins by surprise if a fight does break out. He hisses quietly through his teeth to Gronk. "For Garl's sake, there's more goblins down the tunnel."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo nods slowly at the Scribe, not elucidated in the slightest. He grips his mop and shuffles back down the hall towards the others, preferring to let somebody else take the initiative.

10. - Top - End - #130

Gronk

"Oh, well, that would explain it. So, are we going to squish them or what?"

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

11. - Top - End - #131

Daichi

"No squishing," he says as imperatively as possible, "We're hopefully going to return this one to them, have him say how nice we were, then part ways, stay in different rooms, and go back to sleep. Maybe we'll squish them in the morning, but we'll at least sleep now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

12. - Top - End - #132

Gronk

The sorcerer grunt agreeably at the thought of going back to a well-deserved sleep.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

13. - Top - End - #133

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The scribe turns to the giant, nods and says "Ook." He then raises his eye brows in thought and says "ook."

Pip looks dismayed. "Master," Pip says, "are you sure we should continue on, I mean I know that whatever did this is still on the loose . . . but isn't that the best reason to go back to sleep?"

14. - Top - End - #134

Daichi

The giant takes in the scribes words, realizing now he had missed something important. "You're quite on top of things tonight. We still don't know what happened, or where whatever did this is. Sure, we don't need to answer those questions, but maybe we should work our way out and set up camp outside instead, and lessen our chances of meeting that thing."

I suddenly find the thought of using the goblins as bait very attractive....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Mr. Shizzles yawns and stretches Well, I can't say it hasn't been a long day. Mind you, if we are going to rest here - and I take it as quite the if - it would be best if we do it after these goblins leave and we barricade ourselves, hmmmm. I have nothing against skipping the blood and gore, hmmm, but I can't say I trust them all that much. Oh, speaking of this, I tried to pry something out of our green-skinned friend, yesss.

After a few deep breaths and some licking, he continues. It appears the goblins are around 20, and the one that leads them is one of their kind, probably some priest or whatever, yesss. There are a few other creatures - one rather large, several small ones, and one that seemed... a bit similar to our scribe, yess. Or maybe he was describing us, but I doubt we'd be that lucky, yesss.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

After democratically voting to rest some more, you indicate to the goblins (with shizzles' help) that if they disturb your rest they'll me mightily chopped in half. And then have their heads twisted off. The goblins seem intimidated and/or happy to see their comrade, and they're happy to leave you alone.

You head back to the room you were sleeping in, and continue your well-deserved rest. The next morning....

17. - Top - End - #137

RogueGuy

The Scribe

The Scribe stretches his long orangutan limbs out and studies his spell book.

18. - Top - End - #138

Gronk

The half-orc packs up his bedroll (more like stuffs it into his pack as sloppily as will still fit) and stretches and scratches.

"Well, it looks like those goblins did decide to leave us alone for the night. How nice of them."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Shizzles

Shizzles appears rejuvenated after the night's (or was it day) rest, and lays stretched down to one side as he prepares for the day's (or was it night) adventures. Everyone close to him can almost hear the sound of a great brain gearing up as the cat meditates (in a way) in preparation for the day.

He yawns widely as he spares a moment to consider his companion's words. I'm hoping they made themselves scarce, hmmr. It would make things a lot easier.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo finds himself a corner to huddle in. After flicking open his notebook and jotting a few notes, he settles down to snooze.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Scrappy

Scrappy stands and stretches. He runs around in a small circle, getting the blood moving through his veins again. He drops to the ground (this time intentionally) and does several push ups. Eventually, his little work out is finished, and he packs his belongings away. While waiting on the spellcasters to prepare themselves, he also prepares himself by putting his armor back on. "A little help over here please," he calls out to anyone who isn't busy.

22. - Top - End - #142

Daichi

Daichi rises from his corner of the room and prepares himself with a series of stretches some of you have seen before. Each muscle is meticulously pulled and compressed until the routine is finished, after which he cleans his sword as he waits for the spellcasters to finish their own preparations.

Attaching the string to his bow, he gets up and moves to the door, awaiting the rest of the party. "Let's not rush, but I'd enjoy being outside this dungeon quickly."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Tovag yawns, rolls over onto his knees and begins praying for spells.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

((Everyone done with your daily meditations))

Eventually, Mr. Shizzles goes back on his feet and seems much more energetic than he was before. He paws a small, much-scratched stone out of his collar and starts playing away with it, pushing it here and there.

Ready there, Shroedy?
    Sure thing, Shizzles. Feeling better now? You have a few bruises, you should be more careful?
    Ahhhh, leave it, you busybody. If you're that inquisitive, check what's in the next room.
    I hope those goblins left, there's been enough killing already. Any idea who might have done that fireworks bit earlier? We might have to deal with them at some point.
    Not sure. Hmmmr, it was probably magic of some sort, didn't look like any alchemical mess.

All that his companions heard, however, was an insistent
    Well, hmmr, everyone ready?
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-11-29 at 10:38 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

It seems that you've been nicely left alone throughout the night. The cavern even looks empty. In the distance, you can see the remnant of the torch that was there; its embers are softly glowing.
    Last edited by 0SpinBoson; 2008-11-29 at 01:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Daichi

Daichi lingers forward towards the torch, urging his companions to follow along. He reaches out an picks up the torch, blowing on the dying embers in order to rekindle the flame. He passes off the torch to one of the gnomes and asks, "So, who of us remembers how we got down here in the first place?"
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2008-11-29 at 01:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo shakes himself awake and tugs his janitorial cap back on, his sharp-toothed mouth gaping in a yawn. "You mean the events that led us down here? Or the path we took into this room?" he mumbles, rummaging among his backpack. Realizing that he forgot to pack rations, the little Kobold looks around among the dead bodies. Finding one of the dead goblins, he begins tugging at one of its arms. "Hey, anyone have a knife? There's still some meat on these things. A little flavoring, and we've got a pretty good breakfast. Ooh, this one's a fatso."

28. - Top - End - #148

RogueGuy

The Scribe

Picks a door, besides the one they came in, at random and points to it.

29. - Top - End - #149

Gronk

"Aw, man..." the half-orc says as Teevo starts clawing at roasted goblin. He pulls out a couple of trail rations from his pack, holding one out to the janitor. "Here. You don't know where that has been. You're better off eating this junk."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Teevo glances up and shrugs indifferently. "Eh, that works too." Opening the ration and munching into it, he adds with a faint spray of crumbs, "At least it's not as bad as Thursday Meat Surprise at the dining commons." He wanders back towards his pack and resumes gathering his things together along with the rest of the group. "'Never eat a plate that blinks back at you', my mom always said..."