New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,499 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

Frae'al turned the device over in her hand for a minute, then looked up. "So let me guess; this isn't yours?

And if you weren't planting anything, just what were you doing hanging around near my ship?"

((Take 10 repair=29. Take 10 Knowledge=15

Sense Motive: 1d20+10=26
    Finally! An SM roll that does not totally suck!))
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Keth

Keth considers the new information for a moment. "Of course, I only have your word to go on. How do I know that you aren't this malevolent 'other entity' trying to subvert more champions?"
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

@Asyr and Frae'al: The either accomplished liar or falsly accused sith pilot answers. "The device isn't mine.. though I did decide to take a look at it. Thought maybe a friend of mine had snuck it there already or maybe you had somebody else tag you. If I get a closer look I might be able to tell you more. But seeing as it isn't mine and the knife fighter there.." And he nods to Crosis. "Saw me get near the ship.. well here we are."

Taking a look at the device itself reveals little other than it is a dark metallic flattened sliver, looking like a piece of random gallactic jetsome if not for the fact that there is both a slender magnetic "foot" and what looks like hard to see glyph like circuitry on the outside that is hard to see without changing the angle of the light by turning it in your hand.

@Keth: She seems to think about your comment for a long moment. "Jaded aren't we Actually I never said he was malevolent per se.. just.. problematic for those of us having to continue living in the gallaxy. If what we have put togeather is true, and this is all highly doubtful stuff considering the source was known for being something of a exaggerating trickster, he was close to what a lot of primitive societies would refer to as a god and he claims to have had something to do with creating life itself . But he never used his power like the current wielder. To bring about chaos and distabilize everything on a grand scale, trying to bring everything to the brink of destruction.

If I was a powerful malevolent entity would I be begging for your help to save lives, cultures and civilizations from that
    ?"
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Oh my. Just which of your freinds here do you think would've doen something like this?" Here, Frae'al was not just watching the subject's reaction, but the others too, for a guilty look or a sudden glance.

"But I'm glad some can still be counted on not to stab partners in the back. Still, tell me, mister, ahhh..." She paused expectantly. "Why didn't you tell us about it before you went to inspect it? I don't know about you, but in my native culture, it's considered polite to ask before mucking around with someone else's property." Waiting for an answer, she took a closer look at the circuitry on the device.

((Sense Motive 1d20+10=24
    Repair 1d20+19=36))

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr tilts his head to one side, and says "Well, from my native culture, I can think of maybe 6 different devices this could be. It's either a transponder, tracker, data recording device, modulator, antenna for remote commands, a very small bomb, or a very targeted ion device. I can guess more accurately if you would be so kind as to tell us where you saw this device before you happened to pick it up."

He then leans in to Frae'al and whispers, We can also lift digit prints off of it to find out who's been handling it, after isolating and accounting for yours, mine and Corsis' prints. Ahh, the joys of having spies and counter-spies for family."

He pops his knuckles, and whispers again "It feels like ages since I got into anything other than a bar fight, defending my reputation from slanderous accusations of being a damn spy. Like a spy would go to the dives I patron. Bloody racist morons, always blame the Bothan whenever information they didn't want becoming common knowledge gets leaked by their own drunk crewers."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Well good," Frae'al whispered back. "You go get the fingerprinting kit while I convince them to line up and get carded. What? We don't have one? Damn.

Oh, by the way? That was seven things you listed."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr's ears flatten and replies, still in a whisper. "All you need to lift prints is a contrast medium, such as powdered carbon; a means to lift the print, such as the tape I use to patch wiring harnesses; a card to place the lifted prints on, such as any random piece of paper that has enough clear space on it not to obscure the prints. That's the extremely low-tech method. A quicker way is to just dust the surface with the contrast medium and take a high-resolution scan/picture of the exposed prints. And provided that no one has decided to invalidate a few userid/password combos I happen to know, we can use NRI and Bothan fingerprint identification assets to do the grunt work for us. Though with your background I thought you would of realized that it isn't terribly hard to jury-rig a fingerprinting kit.
    Oh, and about the maybe 6 things but turning into seven items. Forgive me for not being exacting in my use of basic. but I could of generalized the bomb, modulator, remote, and ion device into disabling devices, and met my original goal of just stating maybe 6 items."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Even if we could get access to a database in the middle of The Graveyard, I suspect the odds of them being in it are about equal to the odds of their being willing to be printed. I sure wouldn't.

In case you haven't noticed, we're curremtly outnumbered six-or-possibly-seven-to-four, so I'm trying to not start a fight."

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Contuning the conversation. True, we don't have a holonet terminal anywhere in the system. And about the whole fingerprinting deal, all I have to do is offer each of them a drink and lift the prints off the cans. Though truth be told, how different from their ships is this device? I'm pretty sure they don't have glyph circuitry in their birds. This is more likely a little present from that Hapen carrier, or the other group that was dogfighting them, or even from before we left eclipse station. Though, I could be wrong and one of these jocks decided to go for a double cross as insurance that at least one of them makes it out alive from their dilemma. I'm gonna examine the rest of the hull *very* thoroughly and see if there are any more hitchhikers. If I hear the sounds of combat I will probably start doing some stupidly heroic things. See you later."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"The glass trick?" Frae'al chuckled. "You're making this needlessly complicated. Just stay here 'till I diffuse this."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ettin in the Playground

Keth

"You could be a powerful benevolent entity with an incomplete picture. If anything, that's even more dangerous." Keth is falling back on points the Warden once made during his sojourn, and briefly feels a pang of regret that his viewpoint had twisted so far from the Jedi ideal. "Have you considered what happens if your fallen champion is correct? What if the alternative to all of this death and destruction is total annihilation, or something even worse?"

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr chuckles right back. "Alright by me. I was planning on looking for more devices, but that can wait. And yeah, the glass trick is fairly convoluted. That's what I get growing up around spies and counterspies."

He then gives a wolfish grin and asks, "So what's your master plan to defuse the situation? As it stands, it seems like the most elegant solution is to drop the subject and look for any more devices. It really doesn't seem too prudent to keep poking the barve, seeing how we're outnumbered and all."

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Oh good, you aren't actually as dense as you seem. Yes, unless he confesses, that's pretty much how it'll have to go."

14. - Top - End - #1484

Flumph

@Keth: The personification of the light side of the force gives you an odd slant eyed look as she tilts her head questioningly to one side. "I do have pretty good information sources, well everything that touches on the light side of the force anyway. Though I'm by no means trying to stop Tavin's war, I'm just trying to make it so the survivors.. if any have a gallaxy to return to. Though I do appreciate your canny, though somewhat jaded response, maybe you WOULD make a good champion. I do have a tendancy to pick out the more innocent types, maybe you could do some investigation for me. What do you say? You can try and get to the truth in the matter and help me at the same time? I don't mind if you don't trust me as long as you stay true to your ideals.. after all.. I AM one. "

As she says this she literally seems to unravel into streams of light and swirl around the room, leaving a warm sense of presence but no physical trace of her being there.

@Asyr and Frae'al: The Sith pilots seem to be having their own pow-wow outside. If you approach it looks like Crosis is mediating a dispute between the accused pilot and the brawniest of the lot. No actual attacks are being made but everyone is fiddling with weapon holsters and looking grim.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

((What were the answers to her questions?))

"Check the hull for more surprises," Frae'al said to Asyr, then unobstrusively nosed towards the Sith to eavesdrop.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Flumph

@Frae'al:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The likely unsatisfactory answer(s) to your previous questions went something like this.

Still, tell me, mister, ahhh..." "Kavien Doss" "Why didn't you tell us about it before you went to inspect it? I don't know about you, but in my native culture, it's considered polite to ask before mucking around with someone else's property." "I wasn't mucking about with your property, I was mucking about with the property of whoever planted this here, and considering my options concerning who to trust..."

@Frae'al and Asyr: The Sith outside continue their conference, with a surprising lack of violence. You are still missing all the Jedi you came with, though you have a lead, and a potential destination on Infernus if the Sith Pilots are to be trusted. By the sound of the conversation they are considering how well they can trust the group of you...

@Keth: A disembodied voice continues.. "Well what do you say? I may be powerful but I can't make decisions for you."

OOC: Sorry I thought I posted this awhile ago but it looks like the forum ate it.. sorry for it being late.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2011-08-11 at 02:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

Keth

"I'm thinking!" Keth sighs. "I mean, if this is really a Situation of Galactic Import, I can't really say no. I don't know how much of this the rest of my team will accept, but I'll get on the light side agenda for now."

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al simply turned around to head back for the ship. As her gaze passed over the temple, she silently urged, Hurry up, damnit.

Climbing the ramp, she sealed the door shut behind her and headed for the computer. The first thing was to pull up heer new program and make a new version with a few alterations-only leaving a single activation code that shut down everything except the victim's comm systems, and changing the delivery method to the more traditional rider-to-attached-file. The done, she started a sensor check for more bugs.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr vaults up on top of the ship, "Aye aye, boss." He quips to Frae'al giving a half-hearted salute, and proceeds to very thoroughly check every square centimeter of the hull for more foreign devices.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 20 on spot and search checks for more attached devices to the ship.

20. - Top - End - #1490

Flumph

@Keth: "Very well then, I name you my Cha.. Er my official "Investigator".
    And with that there is a bit of a childish giggle in your head and you feel an odd tingling warmth that seems to expand your perceptions for a moment to almost painful clarity, which you slowly start getting used to.

@The ship: The Sith pilots outside reluctantly head back to their fighters and establish a crackly com connection as they start their preflights.

Asyr finds no further "hitchhikers" aboard.

Crosis looks nervous but takes up a gunner's station.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al cleaned up the comm channel-she had an important file to send, and the last thing she needed was lost or corrupted data. "Test, test-can you hear me now? Good! Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

"Now, if for some reason we're not jumped by another horde of fighters on the way out, there's one last thing we'll need to do, and that's salvaging the wreckage for analysis. To make the job go faster, I've split the list of probable locations seven ways, and I'm sending you all your piece... now. It's going to ask to run a file, and I suggest you let it-it is a simple script that will keep updating the estimated positions in real time to make your lives easier."
    And also install her virus for later use, but why spoil the surprise?

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ettin in the Playground

Keth

Keth nods and then dashes back outside the temple, back to the ship. "Asyr! I found out all I can from the temple. And... I don't think Cyrus or Zayt are coming back."

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr looks at Keth, and mutters, "Bloody jedi disappearing from an asteroid with a temple that has atmosphere but shouldn't due to its lack of mass. Lovely, just lovely. And then shouts to Keth: "Well, hurry up, the fighter jocks are starting their preflights, and if I'm not mistaken, the Defel is starting ours for us. Get to your station and strap in. Our current destination is the asteroid field, then back to Yavin IV."
    Having completed his search and conveying the necessary information to Keth, Asyr goes inside the ship, and either takes over preflights from Frae'al or starts them.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ettin in the Playground

Keth darts up the ramp and drops into the lower gunnery position. He fixes the headset and brings up the targeting computer. "This is Fayar. Gunnery station 2 online. Everything looks good."

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Finally. Let's get the hell outta here."

26. - Top - End - #1496

Flumph

@Everyone:The Crimson Starlight creaks and groans a bit as all the systems come online, the power fluctuates on the weapons readouts only a small amount and the ship takes off.

The squadron of Sith Blade ships easily matches your takeoff and positions themeselves mostly behind you in a very loose formation. One of them however takes point and commences weaving a path through the dangerous debris field of asteroids all around you. Oddly enough you all note ther Sith ships giving no radio chatter, and are operating without shields or weapons charged up.

OOC: Give me rolls for piloting, computer use and or farseeing/telepathy if you have it for more info. Otherwise Asyr is having little difficulty getting you back through the normally quite dangerous asteroid field.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al kept a sharp eye on the sensor readouts.

"Hey Asyr, what'd you do with that bug? I'm gonna need it real soon."
    ((Take 10 Computers=29))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2011-08-23 at 09:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ettin in the Playground

Keth reaches out with his senses while keeping an eye on the targeting computer.

Spoiler
    Show
    See Force: (1d20+8)[24]

29. - Top - End - #1499

Flumph

OOC: All right folks it's been a good run but the thread is ending.. perforce due to the forum's 50 page limit, I'll see If I can't have a replacement thread up shortly.. just a Hint the name will be "Star Wars D20 Eclipse Campaign 2" or something equally imaginative. We'll pick up there and see where your adventure leads next.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight