New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

"What is this?" Asks Eris as the weird data scrolls by in a frenzy. It's a good thing I didn't use my main pad. She looks thoughtful for a moment, then she starts typing at a furious pace. Let's see if we can't get some sense out of it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Computer Use: 1d20 19=22

Is a charge dispersal device the same as a lightning rod?
    Last edited by Thiel; 2008-11-17 at 03:51 PM.
    The fastest animal alive today is a small dinosaur, Falco Peregrino.
    It prays mainly on other dinosaurs, which it strikes and kills in midair with its claws.
    This is a good world

Calcifer the Fire Demon by Djinn_In_Tonic

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry about jumping down your throat, it seemed appropriate to play the 'straight man' as it were. The thought was rather nice though. Anyways, we still have to check in on our damaged Jedi and collect our various rewards from station management.

3. - Top - End - #273

Flumph

@Cyrus, Amira, Asyr, Frae'al: In front of the medic bay you are currently in, (which is composed of both the back room with beds and surgery equipment and the front room with couches and a holoscreen) You hear the approach of Sayala, the leader of the "mercs" you were helped back here by. With her helmet off you see she looks like a surprisingly young human with long black hair and a face that could be termed "cute" if not for the perpetual scowl on it. In her hand she holds a struggling Bouda, at least till she tosses him onto one of the couches saying "Stay! you little rodent.. Friggin jedi with a friggin pet rat." Pointing at the group in general "Keep an eye on this little twerp, he's too pathetic to kill. OK so those mercs that we brought back with you seem to be doing ok, they're in the next room. Oh yeah and that Elen-Stormblow jedi chick was in that prison room back there, she's pretty messed up, some kinda sith poison or other, she looks like she's in rough shape, she's in the room over from that, the medics mentioned wanting her to have her lightwhip back for some stupid reason, not like she's gonna be able to use it anytime soon. And your "payment" is going to be arranged shortly, expect the managers call on that screen right there." She then turns and as she walks away can be heard grumbling...
    "Messenger girl, pet return, Save Station, Save jedi, save Jedi expedition, exterminate Ranat infestation I wonder if there's anything else she needs? When she gets my bill she's gonna be reminded Mandalorians don't work cheap!"

@Eris: The Datapad is having trouble dealing with all the data and still isn't making any sense, you wish you had a better decrypt program, or maybe a protocol droid for it's language recognition software...
    Spoiler
    Show
    roll another computer use, or you could just try to bypass it with a disable device check
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-17 at 03:46 PM.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

4. - Top - End - #274

"Oh, so we're playing hardball is that it? Well fine, the gloves just came off!" Says Eris and reaches into her kit. After a moment she brings out an oblong black box with a cord sticking out one end. She plugs it into the pad and says: "Ok, none of that battery saving gashee any more, now I'm going full-tilt."

Spoiler
    Show
    She turned her pad from battery-saving mode to maximum performance mode and attached an external battery.

Computer Use: 1d20 19=36
    It prays mainly on other dinosaurs, which it strikes and kills in midair with its claws.
    This is a good world

5. - Top - End - #275

Qiorin answers her questions to the best of his ability, not attempting to hide anything. When he get's to the question about signing up to assist them, I do believe we could be mutially beneficial to each other. It seems that while I am not exactly employed by the Hapan Military, I am doing a job for them. I believe that we could benefit each other with it. It seems I am trying to find a lost Jedi Training facility, If we can locate that, I believe we would have the forces needed to start trying to take back your planet.

Now why don't you all head over to dock 505, where I can pick up my ship, and wait for it to be repaired, and we can discuss more details there?
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-11-17 at 05:03 PM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

'Payment'. That sounds promising.

And please tell me that she and I arn't the only ones to question a surgical patient's need of weapons.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

7. - Top - End - #277

Flumph

@Eris: Well you seem to have at least quantified the information enough that the Datapad isn't having a problem with it. All of it is using a different alphabet, weird solid lines and circles all at right angles. The computer tells you it's essentially in old pre basic with a different alphabet, a 1 for 1 replacement code as it were. It seems that all the data is incredibly redundant except for what looks like a date stamp... that repeats along with the information, millions upon millions of times. Doing some quick math you think it's been recording a maintanance record, updated every half day or so for the last... um well over a hundred thousand years... Interpreting the data it looks like a status update some sort of energy reading... probably a near null reading that hasn't changed recently... and what might be some kind of identification stamp/form. You think if you input a slightly changed form of the ID stamp it might let you in.

@Qiorin: The Princess Keila tells you that she probably shouldn't go wandering off for a bit, but for helping her you can take a few guards along. The guards tell you that 505 should be a bit further on... near some of the closed off restricted areas actually. Keila then tells you if you want to join up later you can come back, but they certainly can't move the whole recruitment operation. You see that in addition to several rooms set up for interviews, computer terminals and quarters there are no less than 6 shuttles and what lookes like a Nebulon B Frigate moored outside the docking bay. Quite the operation apparently.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Your right. Though it seems that Jedi have a strong attachment to their weaponry. Anyways, how are you Bouda?

9. - Top - End - #279

Flumph

@Asyr,Cyrus, Frae'al, Amira: Bouda replies by coming to cower before you, gives Asyr what passes for a Ranat smile and says "Ni Haapa zi du. Bouda ki vie skarry piple daar. Zi sonoras Je..Ke..Jeei...JeeetiiiI kelld daar... um ni kell is ... now? NOW! Si Bouda takks gud now. (seems he's had some more coaching from someone... look normal non misspelled vocab... now only a matter of time before everyone can understand exactly what the little bugger is saying). Then he scampers down and seems to try to encourage the nearest of the lightsaber wielders to get the light whip and take it over. He seems to think it's important strangely enough... Though he is too scared to touch the lightwhip himself.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-18 at 12:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

10. - Top - End - #280

"Wow, that's amazing!" Says Eris and holds up the pad for mister NoName to see. "If I'm correct, this terminal has been running non-stop for over one hundred thousand years!" Before he can get a chance to respond she continues: "I think I've found a way to get through. It'll only take a minute."

Spoiler
    Show
    Computer Use: 1d20 19=32
    This is a good world

11. - Top - End - #281

Flumph

@Eris: It takes you a minute, but by trying several changes to the ID stamp it seems to finally accept you as a legitimate member of station maintance. The hatch unlocks makes a popping noise, and can now be opened. Nameless lowers you slightly out of the way and opens the hatch then lowers you in. Inside you notice almost ionized smelling air and a surprising amount of light coming from several lighting strips of crystaline nature that seem to run the length of the tunnel. Feeling like your inside the barrel of a blaster or a railgun the inside of the tunnel is both featureless and perfectly smooth, it also seems to head up at a steep angle for quite a ways. Nameless lowers himself in and starts up the tunnel. Pulling the net with you and the tools up almost even with him, you rapidly ascend. Maybe a minute later you reach an iris blocking the tunnel and notice another hatch off to the side. This time there is no security ID check apparent... almost like it's a safety so people can't be locked in, which is worrisome. Nameless comments "According to my sensors there's a whole lot of very dense liquid on the other side of that appeture, whatever you do don't set off any "security measures" if that stuff hit us we'd probably drown in ... cold liquid metal if my readings are right."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

12. - Top - End - #282

"Aw come on! First I get fire, then I nearly get my ass blown off, then a droid starts hitting on me and now I'm stuck in a fuel pie, a friggin fuel pipe! This is just not my!" Yells Eris in frustration. Then she shakes her head and plugs her pad into the terminal. "Oh well, let's see what we can get out of this stupid machine. Maybe we can find a way of venting it that doesn't involve drowning."

Spoiler
    Show
    Computer Use: 1d20 19=33
    Wow, I've used that skill quite a few times in this game.

Also, liquid iron is a common type of fuel in Star Wars. The Millennium Falcon uses it.
    This is a good world

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Getting up and putting his quite damaged robe as well as his equipment back on, Cyrus asks "Thank you for your help. Are you alright? What happened after I lost consciousness?", checking around the medbay for the status of the mercenaries and Elena Stormwind. Cyrus takes her lightwhip with him for now and gently touches her forehead to put her into a healing trance, defining the stimulus to wake her as a loud and clear "There is no emotion, there is peace".

As her bodily functions slow, Cyrus explains: "Those who can sense the Force can enter a healing trance, a state in which their lifesigns slow and their body is able to better mend itself. She can only wake up if she hears a certain phrase determined by me, so she should not be able to harm anyone, including herself." If there is a medic in the room with her, Cyrus writes down the sentence for him/her so he/she can wake Elena if it's certain that she is stable.

"You do not happen to know where our lightsabers are?", the Jedi asks Frae'al and Asyr.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-11-18 at 05:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nope, I don't have a clue about where your weaponry is. You might want to ask either the med droid or one of the techs around here, we were kicked into a different room, waiting for you two to wake up.

As to what happened after you passed out, Amira knocked the psycho into a cryogenic tank, Vrax here set off a fail-safe pulling data out of the psycho's computer banks, and the fail-safe essentially took out a section of that docking ring. Also of note, it appears that there are still some Mandalorians alive and well, as they were sent by station management to check-up on what was happening down there. They extracted us from Talis' hideout, and sent us to medbay.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-19 at 01:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Flumph

@Cyrus (and anyone going with him): Checking in with the mercs you hear that 2 of them died, the remaining 2 plus the seargent are pulling through. The seargent is just being fitted for a cybernetic leg having lost his. They seem impressed that you are up and around, they thought you looked worse then them when they came in. They heaRD you had to get A deluxe meddroid so it could stitch your nerves back up.

Looking at Elena Stormwind proves difficult with all the medical techs doctors and droids looking in on her. Seeing her makes your stomach turn a bit, There's something wrong about the doughlike flesh and face that looks unfinished. Apparently they are having to do some major genetic restructuring, and her saber should have at least some of her unmodified DNA. Also they heard that Jedi put a bit of themeselves into their weapon, and right now she could use all of herself both physically and spiritually. The Jedi healing meditation idea is encouraged as it might spare her psyche some of the strain of the treatment. (They take her saber unless you strongly protest)

When questioned the 21B Med-droid from your room insists that all of your possessions were on the trays beside your respective beds. It saw no one aside from yourselves in the room since you started resting, and your lightsabers were present then. He then tells you he can confirm this with his onboard holo recorder, which stores the last 24 hours of his sensor logs for medical research reasons. The room itself is covered with security sensors, If you wish to see them you should inquire to station security. If you do watch his sensor logs he explains that he wishes you to see the unnatural speed of your wounds healing and confirm how that was accomplished. (He then offers to download his holo recording to anyone with a datapad and an interest.)

@Eris: The hatch is all to easy to open. Stepping quickly through and out of the net (just in case) leaves you at the bottom of a long shaft. A ladder leads up. There is a more complex looking control panel on the passage you just exited. Nameless is already floating halfway up the ladder (with the unpowered net retracted) and seems to be investigating something by his silence and handsign to wait. The control panel has several blinking red lights and appears active. The hatch closes automatically after a minute and locks again. What do you do?
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-19 at 01:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

16. - Top - End - #286

Qiorin

The hapan thanks the princess and then heads down to his own dock. Not wanting to keep the mechani waiting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Understanding their reasoning, Cyrus lets the medical team keep Elena's lightwhip. After hearing about his own lightsaber, the Jedi then inquires to see the recordings and watches for signs of editing. But before that, he tries to use his connection to his lightsaber by concentrating on it to discern its location.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cyrus puts Elena in a healing trance, just for the record.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-11-19 at 01:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Flumph

@Qiorin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Princess sends 4 guards with you. A pair of Duros with blaster rifles and Blast vests and helmets and a Feeorin with a great vibroblade and a heavy blaster pistol, wearing patched togeather battlearmor. The last of the mercs is a Massive Whipid (3.1 meters tall)with a "his" size vibro knife (Vibrosword) and a Sash for clothing. The princess explains that "He's new, and as they provide their own equipment... Besides as big as he is... Yeah he should disuade just about anything." They are ordered to see you safely to Docking bay 505.

As you are traveling to docking bay 505 you hear noise coming from one of the cross corridors. The Feeorin ducks ahead stealthily and peeks around the corner. He then motions for everybody to stay put, walks slowly back and says. "Looks Like some pirates up ahead, we should be able to stealth past them, I recognize them from the station management's wanted posters... I thought these guys were captured a while ago though... we should definately be careful these guys are serious bad business." The Duros look worried and the Whipid looks like he wants to rush them. The Feeorin calmly asks "Orders sir?"

@Eris:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nameless floats noislessly down next to the ladder, He holds his fingers up to his mask where a mouth would be and says, "quiet. there are some pirates up there... worth 2000 a head and i'm not one to pass up easy money, you staying put here or wanna help out... I could use a distraction, what'dya say 66/33 split for simple decoy duty? Don't worry I can take these chumps easy, I'll make sure they don't so much as bruise you... Fruit."

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You put Elena in the Healing trance. Watching the holo on your datpad you see no signs of tampering. You also see the lightsabers are there a few moments before you woke. You also see how deep some of the wounds you had were... even with your best jedi healing techniques it would take a few days to heal from those, and this is after the surgery.
    Spoiler
    Show
    you were still down 90 HP
    Amira similarly had a very deep wound on her calf from the ranat bite then the surgery, that wound is now apparently gone as well. The holo shows no signs of anyone else bing in the room.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-19 at 02:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

19. - Top - End - #289

Qiorin

Listening to the suggestions and the scene that seems to be before them, the Hapan nods towards the Duros. It may be best to avoid conflict. No need to put anyone's life in danger if it's not needed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

20. - Top - End - #290

"I usually don't do these kind of things, but those money sounds very nice at the moment." Answers Eris and draws her pistol. "Im guessing that you have more experience with these kind of things than I do, so what's the plan?"
    This is a good world

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

It would appear that's we're in some sort of locked-door mystery. No one has been in or out from when the med techs sent Vrax and me to the waiting room until we came back. During that time, neither of you were awake or moved, but both of your lighsabres are missing. Any strange dreams or things like that? I've heard that the force does strange things from time to time. Asyr asked while looking over the holorecording of Cyrus and Amira resting.

Cyrus, if you want, I think some of my clothing will fit you. We don't want half-naked Jedi wandering around the station, now do we? Asyr jokes, reaching into his bag. What sort of camouflage pattern do you want? I have quite a few patterns. I think a nice forest print will suit you well. Then I hand over a pair of pants and a shirt, of which ever camouflage pattern you want.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-19 at 03:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al spends her time waiting for the call going over the recording with a fine-toothed comb. There had to be an answer in there, somewhere.

I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

23. - Top - End - #293

Flumph

@Frae'al, Cyrus, Amira, and Asyr:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking closer you detect no anomalies that might point to the holorecording being doctored in any way. Though the Input from the Meddroid's optical sensors is detailed, it has a narrow field of view. It's just barely possible somebody very good could have avoided it seeing them. But it also means the person in question enters and leaves with neither Asyr or Frae'al hearing a whisper, and the only entrance was literally 4 meters from you. The Med-droid does look around the room and see both sabers in place several minutes before the jedi awoke. Of note the lightsaber whip is directly next to cyrus's lightsaber, in clear view. The Med droid makes a very detailed inspection of wounds, showing Cyrus and Amira as both being in somewhat rough shape but stable only minutes before waking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    down 90 HP or so
    After the jedi wake up and the sabers are seen to be missing the droid does another inspection and finds both jedi fully recovered. It does note that Amira had some sort of red mark on her throat looking like a rash or alergy. Going through the recording again and again you see no hint of another being present in the room. Though you do hear what sounds like someone thrashing about from over by Amira. Boosting the Volume with an analysis program, you detect what might be choking gasping sounds, very muffled though. Searching through the recorded sound there is another anomaly from over by Cyrus's bed, what sounds like a voice, male and malevolent whispering "We... Shall... See."

@Eris:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nameless tells you "The plan is for you to stay behind me and stay low, keep hidden behind my cloak and fire for effect, I'll leave you a hiding place then I'll slip behind them and finish them off while you keep them guessing." Floating up the ladder without noise, he remains visable and covers your climb. Motioning for quiet he walks to the 4 way intersection to your left. Stopping just before the corner he draws his double barreled long blaster from it's shoulder holster in one smooth motion and holds up 3 fingers then points down the side of the intersection. He grabs his cloak up with his left hand and holds it up in a Faux-Dramatic pose and motions you behind him. He then Steps out and points his rifle down the passageway towards the Pirates, but strangely enough doesn't fire. He merely waits for them to notice him while holding his cloak in such a way as to cover you. You hear the immeadiate yell of panic and the sound of blasters being unholstered rapidly down the hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for initiative

@Qiorin: As you and the 4 mercs sneak past the hallway, just as you think you might be homefree you hear a shout of alarm. The mercs look at you for instructions.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-20 at 05:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

"While I was unconscious I have seen what could be a representation of the will of the Force or another entity. The words you hear in the recording were said to me by a later, different vision showing alternately a boy, a man and a demonic looking blooddripping mask shortly before I woke up, accompanied by a burning sensation. Perhaps that entity is responsible for the disappearance of our lightsabers, too. Powerful beings are at work here."

Cyrus has some theories about what he has seen, starting with the first vision maybe being three aspects of the Force (light side, dark side and an arbiter to mediate between them) or seperate, powerful entities inside the Force, and ending with the latter vision perhaps being an unknown Force-user, entity, a powerful Sith (considering the outfit und circumstances) or an omen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cyrus concentrates on his lightsaber to determine its whereabouts.
    See Force (1d20)[14]

25. - Top - End - #295

Spoiler
    Show

Eris carefully chambers a bullet and aims at the nearest pirate. As she does so, all emotion disappears from her face. She doesn't even flinch when she squeezes the trigger and the gun roars, sending two projectiles screaming down-range with thunder on their tails.
    This is a good world

26. - Top - End - #296

Flumph

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not sense your lightsaber... at all, almost like it doesn't exist. Or is being blocked somehow. (farseeing would help here but it's not one of your skills...)

@Eris:
    Spoiler
    Show
    initiative is Nameless: 24, Pirates 14, Eris 9
    Nameless holds his position, posing almost. From the three pirates you see a flurry of shots coming down the hallway, despite multiple shots hitting Nameless he appears unfazed and relatively undamaged.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each pirate shoots twice, total of one hit. 7 damage to Nameless after DR, he barely looks scuffed
    You then fire your two rounds, nearly hitting one of the unflinching pirates as they kneel for better firing position.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pirates Defence is 20
    Nameless then sprays some sort of gas into the area directly around him, seemingly directly from vents in his torso, a thick almost smokey white cloud of sparkly fog. It blocks vision to a degree, but you can still make out the Pirates. He then removes his cloak and starts to fade from view. Stepping silently past you he disappears as he wraps the cloak around you. The Pirates seem to not be able to see you in the thick smoke. In fact the smoke seems to sparkle refractively as the blaster bolts pass through, losing much of their energy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cloud provides 3/4 concealment and DR 10 energy, From within 10 feet the cloud is see through so provides no penalty for firing out of... unless you were using a blaster... as the 10 Energy DR would affect your bolts too... lucky your using a slug thrower, the cloud does not slow down bulletsFrom the look of it the cloud will likely last about 30 seconds.)
    That makes it your turn again.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-21 at 02:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

27. - Top - End - #297

Qiorin

If the alarm sounded like it was shouted towards us, Do you guys want to fight them? Nevermind, if we don't deal with this, you all will have a problem getting back to your docking station.... Well, let's set up an ambush for when they round the corner.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

28. - Top - End - #298

With smooth machine-like movements Eris corrects her aim and fires again, holding a steady, deliberate pace.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 1d20 10=11, 2d6 1=8
    1d20 5=7, 2d6 1=6

Man, for a champion shooter she sure do miss a lot.
    This is a good world

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

"I cannot even sense my lightsaber anymore.", Cyrus notes with a slightly confused and worried look on his face. He declines Asyr's offer politely, doubting that any of the bothans would fit, standing 1.8m tall.
    "We should talk with the Manager about our mission." Meanwhile, the Jedi tries to remember if he has some replacement clothes somewhere among the equipment in his XJ-Wing.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, couldn't the two of you build new ones? I mean it's somewhat strange that for a group that's not supposed to make attachments or kill get attached to their weaponry. But, I'm guessing that there aren't many places that stock up on parts for lightsabres. Anyways, I wonder what's taking management so long to give us a call? He says while looking over at the communications array in this room.