New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

@ Cyrus: The Station Manager stares at you, you get the feeling she's taking in every nuance of motion and even the tiniest inflection in your voice as you speak, her piercing gaze seems to take your full measure, seeking out any weaknesses or openings. Waiting a long moment after you finish speaking she seems to come to a conclusion. As she speaks she tosses her gaze upward and sighs.

"Great.. you remind me of my uncle, Absolutely no fun. I'll cut to the chase then. Come on down here." and she gestures you to workstation. "Take a look at these." and you see the workstation activates showing pictures taken from the scenes of several grizzley murders. It then shifts to blurry action shots of some sort of creature caught at bad angles. (see description above... same info Frae'al got earlier.) "Now this thing has been killing people and avoiding all of my considerable resources. It's already killed one self proclaimed jedi who thought she could handle it... she dissapeared, but she claimed that it was "aware through the force" which was what was making it so hard to find. Apparently she found it though. We did find this." A passing worker hands you a lightsaber in an evidence bag, though it's clearly of strange manufacture, it is a legit article... you can almost get a sense of it's former weilder off it. "Help me stop this thing, and I can Help you out. No money, no bribes... you help me and I help you ... Simple. You in?"

@Amira: You walk up to the guards, one of which mutters when you get closer. "careful girly... best hurry." You note the two guards step over to block the passageway after you pass, eyes alert and looking a bit grim.
    You head directly for the turbolift, passing predominantly empty corridors and rooms. As you hurry you find your legs almost want to break into a run on their own account, almost like something is drawing you forward. You swear you can hear some kind of (dance?)music, but everytime you focus on it, it fades. Then off to your right down a long winding passage you sense "something" in the distance, your pretty sure you neither heard nor saw anything... Feeling a little disoriented what do you do. (Sense force, Farseeing, or just rolling on sense/control are available actions to try for more info)

@ Just the Players (think of it as a cutscene)
    The large square Dropship opened it's doors to great noise as capital scale interlocks suddenly opened and a great expulsion of cooling gasses caused clouds of fog to form around the boarding ramp as it quickly lowered. A shadowy figure strode noiselessly out, down the boarding ramp. Without breaking stride in one fluid motion it drew a custom built long-doublebarreled blaster Rifle. A featureless black visor surveyed the docks... causing thousands of targeting solutions instantly tracking every object of interest to be calculated.
    As several of those nearest the ship took notice the docking ramp quickly withdrew and the entrance snapped shut with a resounding and final sounding boom. As everyone glanced at the ship, few noticed that in the brightly lit docking bay the shadowy armored figure had completely vanished.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

(Now I wish i already had that prestige class level, that would make it alot easier.)

Sense Force:

(1d20+0)[14]

Amira stops in her tracks, feeling more than a bit confused, and reaches out for the force to try if she can feel what exactly it is down there.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Sithspit! Frae'al took a step back involuntarily. She takes a final look at her datapad to note her location before snapping it off and putting it away. Calling in her discovery, she takes a few more steps back, hands falling to the reassuring weight of her blaster pistols. Though only slightly larger than hold-out blasters, they carried nearly the punch of a heavy. Time to see how much stomach this thing had for a fight,
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

4. - Top - End - #34

Flumph

@Amira: You can't tell what it is... you do know what it feels like... Danger, Excitement, rage, a twisting feeling of WRONG in your gut. You can't tell exactly how far down it is "a-bit down that way" is as close as you can tell. It's definately triggering your fight or flight reaction though, the hair on the back of your neck is definately raised so to speak. (not sure if you really have any depending on precise haircut)

The music seems like something else... Almost like a weird empathic syncing up of some sort... it sounded like raunchy cantina dance music. Might explain the feeling "Drawn" thing. You've felt something similar at the Shadow academy, usually when student sleeping nearby had had a particularly "rough" day (shared nightmares are rarely fun).

@ Frae'el:

The beast surges forward, leaping toward you off the wall, scampering on all fours, and dang but the thing is fast, it covers almost all the distance in a few heartbeats. As it charges it's mouth opens in a "wrong" way, going wider than the head should allow for. As it is now much closer you can clearly see the weird crystalline skin and twisted flesh beneath that seem a mockery of life. Something in your gut just tells you that this thing isn't a natural creature, it's an abomination. Instead of roaring or making any challange noise it makes almost no noise, not interested in chasing you off, just interested in getting it's mismatched daggerlike fangs into you. It is now at point blank range... Your turn.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-10-31 at 03:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

5. - Top - End - #35

NinjaGirl

"Whatever it is that causes this feeling, it's definitely nothing nice or pretty. Maybe it's that monster the station manager was talking about. If that is the case, I can end this more quickly than I expected. If it's not, then I might get into more trouble than I was looking for on this station.

And what is this other feeling I get? Is that thing threatening someone? Sure feels like it.

But whatever the case, I have to check it out at least. I can't afford to let this chance pass by just like that. The faster I find that thing, the earlier I will be off this station after all."

After coming to this conclusion, Amira starts sprinting down the corridor, towards the place where she thinks this weird feeling is coming from. While doing so, she will reach into her robe with one hand, to where she keeps her lightsaber hidden, just in case she might need it soon.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

As the thing closes trying to take a bite, Frae'al whips up a quick appetizer: Blaster Bolts au Tete.

((Full attack, Rapid Shot, Multifire. Precise Attack goes to damage on the first attack. I am going to assume the thing can actually see me via the Force well enough that I do not count as invisible-if not, then add +2 to all attacks, use Flat-Footed defense, and add the SA damage I will put in at the end of all these rolls.

First attacks (1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=22, 1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=30)
    Iterive attacks (1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=8)
    Confirming crit (1d20+10=29)
    I am going to assume the 8 does not have a hope in Hades of hitting. Damage for the rest goes in order., e.g 1st damage roll, first attack. Iterives come last.
    Damage rolls (3d6+3+1=17, 3d6+3=10, 3d6+3=17, 3d6+3=11, 3d6+3=12)
    Bonus critical damage (3d6+3=12)

Finally, SA Damage
    Sneak Attack damage (1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=2)

Phew! What a mess.))
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-10-31 at 03:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Flumph

@Frae'el: Your series of Blaster bolts (mostly)nail the creature, forcing it back. The creatures' weird crystalline skin seems to deflect all but the most direct hits, but there are still a collection of deep holes burned into the beast's chest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    net damage of 42, creature has 5 DR and def 20 and no sneak attack

It then leaps to the attack, Biting and clawing viciously in a blur of motion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 hits for a total of 31 damage 15 and 16 damage respectively, it also missed 4 times(3 of which were not likely to hit... and it rolled really well on damage
    Frae'el manages to dodge the worst of the damage but recieves a pair of nasty cuts. The beast is now standing adjacent to you, wounded but blood thirsty. Disturbingly enough you can see the ratlike face that sloughed off as the jaws opened, lying behind the gnashing teeth and skull like a thrown back hood.

@Amira: As you begin to sprint you hear rapid blasterfire.
    (Note* I'll point out that for just such an occasion there is a power I believe you have called burst of speed...)

OOC: For reference just so we don't get bogged down in numbers why don't we spoiler the crunchy bits in the future, or if you want to save the headache you can tell me what your doing (full attack with rapid shot etc...) and I'll do the rolling for you... with real dice in your choice of color whatever you guys feel like. (I have two 3/4 gallon candy jars filled with dice so I take any excuse to use them)
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-01 at 02:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Should be 42-you missed a 1 somewhere.

I have to go to work, so next to make it faster, 2-meter step back and rapid shot stun bolts. Precise Attack adds to first attack roll.

First shot (1d20+12=19)
    Other full BAB (1d20+11=22, 1d20+11=21)
    Iterives (1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=22)

3 hits, DC 19 Stun each.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-10-31 at 04:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

NinjaGirl

Amira reaches out for the force, using it's power to increase her speed above and beyond the limits of an ordinary human, and heads into the direction of the blaster fire.

"That proves it, something is there. Now let's just hope I get there in time to see what's happening."

(Using Burst of Speed, which costs me 5 HP and brings me down to 115. Yeah you are right, I didn't remember I had that power, I'm still new to the system after all, so the reminder is highly appreciated.
    Also just for the record, if you don't mind, I'd prefer to roll my dice myself in spoilers. It's just way too much fun to roll them yourself, at least to me.)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

A strange and deadly being. Cyrus analyzes its every move, searching for ways to evade or counter its attack. The eye of the Weapon Master. After that, he memorizes the presumed location of the being and turns back to the Station Manager.

"I will see what I can do. May I ask who this Jedi was and if you would mind me taking the lightsaber with me? Perhaps glean some information on its owner from it.", he again maintains eye contact and talks in a steady voice. After she answers, Cyrus says "I will be on my way then." with a slight, respectful bow and leaves for the location of the monster (taking the lightsaber with him if the Station Manager allowed it).

The Jedi gets his weapons from the guard and looks at the lightsaber, if he has it, while in the elevator down (and checks his weapons to be sure).

[OOC: Seems like I'm missing all the combat madness. But I'm okay with you making the rolls.]
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-10-31 at 05:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Flumph

ooc: No problem everybody, I'm giving you the options, if you prefer to roll, I completely understand, I only offer becouse I like rolling too

@Cyrus: The station manager nods that you can have the lightsaber, but tells you "You might want to take some help with you, after all safety in numbers, and I'd just as soon not be picking up both of those in an hour or so. Wait by the elevator and I'll see who I can whip up in a whole minute and 30 seconds." She looks a little distracted as she then says, "Her name was Elena Stormwind, she said she was trained by a Master Korveck "The BladeMaster", she claimed to be unmatched in mastery of her weapon, and was pretty darn confident too, didn't seem to help her though. You can actually head down to the docking ring now, hopefully your backup team will be waiting, it appears my scout has already located the thing so best not dawdle, and if you damage my elevator by playing with that thing I'm charging you for it."

As you collect your weapons the Togorian hands you an additional Heavy blaster with clips and a holster he took off himself saying "I'd take something a little heavier than what you had if I were gonna fight that thing... " The blaster appears to be a Blastech T-6 Thunderer (3d8+3) one of the largest heavy blaster pistols on the market. You have trouble even holding it up, but seeing you take it seems to comfort the Togorian... The wookie looks on giving the Togorian a warble that could only be interpreted as "you big softie".

Checking out the lightsaber, before you step into the elevator reveals that it looks longer handle wise than you've seen, has a number of strange dials you're unfamiliar with, and upon activating it it has a bright orange blade, that after extending to almost 2 meters goes "limp" and sags down to the floor, dancing about a bit at it skitters sparks over the floor. It's not a lightsaber, it's some kind of lightsaber-whip. You quickly deactivate the saber (which takes a moment the off button and on button are different) before it melts the floor too badly. Vibe wise it feels both strangely feminine and very straight forward for such a strange weapon. (Luke's recommendation for fighting such weapons when you heard of them was to use a second saber to block, or run and come back with help... per Luke's fight with Lumiya I believe).

@Amira: You race closer to the sounds of blasterfire and what sounds like melee combat as you get closer, it must be just around the corner, which is confirmed when a Strong Stun Bolt goes flying into the wall up ahead. (game wise you are now within charging range, except you can't see the target and it's around a corner.)

@ Frae'el:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (ooc so i did, didn't carry a 1 sorry... monster HP updated)
    Rolled fort saves with results of 18, 14, 6, unfortunately with a net fortitude bonus of "yikes" +15 it resists the stuns. This is one VERY Tough Bugger.

The Stun blasts wash over and refract off the crystaline skin of the monster as it starts systematically trying to kill you. One bite in particular goes deep, obsessed with digging it's teeth deeper the remainder of it's attacks do little more than scape your fur and skin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    20, confirmed crit... and a bunch of rolls that wouldn't hit your AC by a mile 20, 2, 4, 5, 8, 5) for total of 28 damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

12. - Top - End - #42

NinjaGirl

Amira runs around the corner and, depending on the situation, she will react accordingly. If she sees something that would match the description of the monster going around on the station, she will draw her lightsaber and charge into combat. If it is just a shootout between some thugs or whatever, she will stop in her advance and watch, trying to get a better understanding of the situation first.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al yelps, then snarls in anger. What is this thing? More than just scent-scent doesn't let them get that close. Switching back to the at least somewhat effectual kill shots, she blows away sections of its carapace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Multi, Rapid. Precise Attack goes to 1st damage roll.
    First shots (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=11)
    And, spookily, IC just quit working. Switching to forum roller.
    Ititerives:
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[21]

Damage (DR included):
    (3d6-1)[8]
    (3d6-2)[10]
    (3d6-2)[8]
    (3d6-2)[5]

14. - Top - End - #44

Flumph

@Frae'el and Amira: Amira comes running around the corner at full tilt, charging as she ignites her Sabre she attacks the rear of the creature. Frae'el finds that the distraction of the lightsaber wielding woman (is that the same person who called on the same com frequency earlier... yes yes it is!) distracts the creature and allows her to place her blasters right up against the creatures wounded chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok game effect is you guys are flanking, Amira gets her attack at a net of +2 to hit from flanking (+2). If you wanted to you could also activate Battlemind for an additional +5 to hit at a cost of 7HP,(it's a free action) If you really wanted to nail him next round you could also use enhance Ability:strength, which depending on your roll can really help both to hit and damage FURTHER... But that would take up your attack.

Frae'el meanwhile gets to re-use those attacks from last post but now takes into account flanking... and thus sneak attack... lets see if that helps a bit shall we. You can keep your rolls just add the sneak attack damage.

We'll see what the creature does depending on the results
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrus nods to the guard after he gave him the blaster and straps the holster around his waist on the way back down.

Judging from the description given by the Station Manager and looking at her choice of weapon, Elena Stormwind most likely fell victim to her overconfident nature or was caught by surprise. Cyrus concludes that if she is still alive, he should be careful around her.

If the team mentioned by the Manager isn't there, the Jedi waits for a moment before hurrying to the location of the beast, readying himself to draw his lightsaber when he sees it. Otherwise, he wastes no time.

16. - Top - End - #46

NinjaGirl

After getting herself into a favorable combat position, Amira reaches out into the force once again, this time to strengthen herself for the coming encounter.

"Now let's see what that beast can do when confronted with the power of the force"

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Battlemind (108 HP left). Yeah I will also activate enhance ability to boost my strength.

Enhance Ability (Strength):

(1d20+15)[26]
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-01 at 07:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Flumph

Exclamation Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

OK... umm wow

So the beast, though wounded
    Spoiler
    Show
    -77 HP feel free to check my math, this is applying the sneak attack to every attack for reference... yes I do that... technically a lot of damage but when playing with jedi in the party hey... Speaking of which a certain Jedi now has a 24 effective strength, so if weilding two handed nets her an additional +4 to hit and damage... I will point out she also has Power Attack...eww
    continues it's attack on the defel, ignoring the human for the moment. Still confused it manages only 1 effective claw slash
    Spoiler
    Show
    for 15 damage, taking you to 74 total so far OUCH

The Current situation is this..
    Spoiler
    Show
    This again makes it Amira and Frae'el's turn, you still have it flanked (it's not very smart at least) effective Defence is 18 and Amira is currently at an effective +9 to hit +4 to damage and can power attack (looks like you can get some use outa that feat hint hint) and also gets to full attack. Frae'el meanwhile gets to add sneak attack to every separate hit but may very well want to back out of the fight a bit.

Lets hope it goes well...
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-01 at 02:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

19. - Top - End - #49

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    So Enhance Ability gives me + 6 to strength, and I forgot to roll initiative should it be needed.

Initiative:

(1d20+2)[6]

20. - Top - End - #50

Flumph

@miata
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah you still beat it's init with your roll, so no real change. I had you at a 15, Frae'el on a 14 and it on a 5 (with a plus 4 to the roll), so it's fast but not very quick on the uptake apparently. In the future I'll try and post this and let you guys roll yourselves, but with the way the fight started it just kinda naturally devolved into you go-it goes, and right now you go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

21. - Top - End - #51

NinjaGirl

Amira, feeling the power of the Force strengthening her, holds tightly unto her lightsaber, and swings it with all her might at the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack action:

First attack: (1d20+27)[32]

Possible damage: (4d8+10)[25]

Second attack: (1d20+22)[29]

Possible damage: (4d8+10)[29]

I declare the beast as my dodge target, so my AC against it improves to 22.

Oh, and I am currently at 105 HP after using Enhance Ability.

Edit: I forgot to figure in the flanking bonus, so add + 2 to both attack rolls. Since it has an AC of 20, I suppose both attacks would hit anyway tho.
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-01 at 10:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

With the human'a unexpected arrival, Frae'al focuses more on defense and lets the newcomer get its attention.

Spoiler
    Show

Fighting defensively, Defense at 25. Precise attack goes to 1st attack damage.

First attacks (1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=15)
    Ititerives (1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=8)
    Damage (4d6-2=11)
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-01 at 10:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Flumph

Thumbs up Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

@Amira and Frae'el: Being pinned between blaster fire and lightsaber the beast screams in agony. The second blow from Amira sends the beast into the air. It lands heavily and tries to scramble to it's feet, you see gouts of dark blood from deep in it's chest leaking to the ground in large quantities at the "thing" spasms and finally lay still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The beast took 132 damage (fixed again!) by my math not bad guys by the way Amira... remember you have power attack... extra damage up to plus 10 when you are hitting real easy like that. And cudos to Frae'el who dispite horrendous rolling managed to survive and do most of the damage.

@Cyrus:By the entrance of the Elevator on the docking hub, you see five mercenaries, Carrying 2 tripod mounted f-webs broken down the mercs seem ready for a major land war. As Cyrus exits the elevator the mercs salute and say "ready to go! Orders sir?". You likely do not immeadiatly see the Bothan leaning agaist the wall in the shadows. (spot diff 25)

@Asyr: Being promised a job opportunity to get transport off station by station management, you show up to the designated point. Supposedly your mission is to provide intelligence and light fire support. You probably wonder what the Mercs are getting paid considering their exitement. The mercs were concerned earlier that the supposed officer they were to meet up with was late. Then you see a jedi get off the elevator and it answers the question on who this person your supposed to meet up with is, though you definately get that here we go again feeling. The jedi doesn't seem to notice you yet.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-01 at 04:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

24. - Top - End - #54

NinjaGirl

"That was definitely my target. Guess this mission was easier than expected. But now let's see who this other person is. Looks like she got attacked by it just now, I just wonder why, and what she's up to."

Amira deactivates her lightsaber and takes a closer look at the whole scene, especially the Defel who was fighting the beast moments ago. Then she decides to speak up.

"And who might you be?", she asks her in a calm voice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I forgot about Power Attack there. I didn't even remember that the AC of the monster was already known to us, and that it was so low. I'll try to remember it next time, but by the time I realized I hadn't used it in this fight, it was already too late and I had already rolled the dice.
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-01 at 02:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, a Jedi being saluted by mercs toting f-webs around. Probably is my boss for this little scouting trip. Asyr thought to himself, leaning against a bulkhead. Damn, I'm almost out of cash again, along with food and drink. I hope that management remembers its promises, but hey it beats being stuck on this hind end of space with no hope. Leaving his musings behind him, Asyr pulls out a comlink. "Station control, this is Asyr. Your Jedi has met up with the mercs. Am I to break cover or start scouting now?"
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-01 at 02:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

The mercenaries look like a war squad and them saluting Cyrus is a unexpected change of pace, considering that most mercenaries aren't on good terms with the Jedi.
    "We will leave immediately. Watch the surrounding, cover each other and follow me.", he says in a strong, calm tone to give them a sense of strong leadership. Their safety is more important for the Jedi than his own right now, too many people already had to die because of the beast. Without wasting any more time, Cyrus leads the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check auto-fails, because there is no rule of 20 for skill checks.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-11-01 at 03:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al just stands there for a moment, breathing heavily. When she has recovered her breath, she say I go by Vrax. You... wait, you're the one from the docking bay, aren't you? Management got you hunting this thing too?

Once introductions are out of the way, she gets back to business. Calling up Station Management, she gives them her location, along with I've got a dead one down here. And it doesn't look like the others. Reptilian, quadrupedal, but no tail. And-and it's not natural. Doesn't move natural, doesn't look natural, doesn't act natural. Ridiculous as it sounds, it seems to me like some sort of engineered bio-weapon. Looks like somebody brought a bunch aboard-I don't know if you have any enemies targeting you, or you just got picked for testing, or if they just broke loose during shipment-but somebiyd made these things.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I guess that answers that. Asyr starts skulking off ahead of the Jedi-led mercenaries, being as alert and cautious as he can, switching channels to the mercenaries'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Essentially I'm taking 10's on hide and move silently every round (skill mastery is fun) for 25's in both skills, and rolling spot/listen checks near continuously.

29. - Top - End - #59

NinjaGirl

"Indeed, I was at the docking bay, and to answer your question, yes I was hired by station management to take care of this thing too. In fact, I was just on my way to meet up with them when I noticed this fight going on here, so you could call this little situation an interruption of my plans. In fact, I believe it would be best to wait and see what management has to say about this newly changed situation."

With that, she kneels down to take a closer look at the creature, trying to figure out what exactly it is they had just fought.

"What an interesting turn of events. If what she claims is true, there might be more trouble ahead than this job is worth."

30. - Top - End - #60

Flumph

@Asyr: Station management tells you to "Keep the team under suveilance, but you might want to introduce yourself in case anything gets messy so they're aware you are on their side. If things get rough provide assistance, but your main mission is to remain undetected and find out what you can, it's now suspected some outside group might be involved as it might be some sort of bioengineered creature. That means somebody directing it, that means somebody watching, I want you watching for them."

@Amira and Frae'el: You turn to inspect the creature, a spreading pool of blood surrounds it. Without it moving and with the majority of the clothing sliced off or burnt it's easier to see the creature looks like a giant quasi bipedal tailess rat. The Face is pulled back in such a snarl you see it's barely connected at all, almost peeled completely off. The blank white eyes while creepy don't appear to have any connection to how this thing saw as they are pretty much connected only to skin. The skin itself seems scaley and reptilian with an almost speckled mineral quality, like mica or some such, mostly see through too (ick) though from very recent experience you know the stuff is pretty tough and refractive of energy. The claws look enlarged and covered in sharp bone, like the claws and bones were fused to make them into longer cutting implements. The jaws appear animalistic, teeth are long but more scavenger than predatory, except 4 tusk like teeth, 2 upper 2 lower that dominate the mouth. The muscles under the skin look twisted and swollen. As you approach closer...

The apparently dead beast surges superhumanly quick to it's feet and swipes in Amira's general direction with a foreclaw slinging it's blood in a spray, as you desperately pull blasters and lightsaber the creature takes off increadibly fast down the passageway, leaving bloody footprints and a large splat mark on a wall as it scrables to turn down a side tunnel and escape.

Looking at the amount of blood you have trouble believing it's still capable of moving much less running... never mind running that fast.

Station Management then calls and tells you the backup team is almost there.

@ Cyrus: The mercenaries form up behind you with blaster rifles at the ready. You begin quickly marching toward the location of the beast when you feel something... it suddenly feels like something terrible has or is happening, you can feel pain, someone's pain, It feels like someone has just commited some act horrible enough to perturb the force itself.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-01 at 06:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight