New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

Spoiler
    Show
    at which speed is the creature moving? Would it be possible to catch it with Burst of Speed?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrus, surprised by the disturbance in the Force, picks up the pace and tries to find out if the pain could be associated with what he sensed from Elena Stormwind's lightsaber. The Jedi now draws his lightsaber, but doesn't ignite it yet.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Over the com to Cyrus and his mercs: "This is your eye above, Asyr Dan'kar. Station control has some new data about the target. They are possibly bioweapons, and I'm here to to provide overwatch and some light support if necessary." Since I'm susposed to be looking for whoever might be controlling these things, I might as well get a better vantage point. Electromagnets don't fail me now. As he said his introduction, he turned on the electromagnets, and started up the wall, with the intent of walking along the ceiling, providing for a better vantage point to try and find whoever/whatever is directing these creatures, along with a nasty surprise for any potential ambushers. Damn, makes me wish that I hadn't used all of my grenades up back on Malastare, this would of been an opportune time to use them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Taking 10 on the Climb check for a grand total of 26, and still going with the auto 10's in hide/move silently (25 in each), along with being on high alert/looking everywhere.))

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

@Amira
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's hard to measure it's exact velocity, but yes you think you might be able to catch it, but it would be a very close race, and involve using several consecutive rounds of burst of speed, and running checks... you'd almost think the thing had burst of speed too... .

@Cyrus: You get the feeling her saber might have something to do with the intensity at which you felt that disturbance. The mercs match your pace and theoretically your closing fast on the location of the beast's last sighting. You also sense something else, almost like a song just out of hearing, something very tragic about the feeling of it...

@ Asyr,
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can make use of the electromagnets to climb the walls, and keep a look out, and stealth, but the distraction of climbing/sneaking/keeping a look out will distract you somewhat and slow you down a bit. (essentially -6 to all said rolls and slow movement to 1/2) As that would put you behind the quickly moving jedi and mercs what do you want to do. You could also rush the whole deal and just take -10's to all the roll's(I think that might put you down to the point where a PC might technically be able to see you... on a good roll (15 net) anyway) or you can remain ultra sneaky and go slow...
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

5. - Top - End - #65

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, that would cost too many hp to just catch up with it.

Amira shakes her head. "Not worth it right now. We should better wait for that so called backup. We might have stumbled upon more problems than expected."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn, the mercs and jedi are really pulling away, I guess I can stand being a little less stealthy. Asyr thought to himself as he started to pick up the pace, not caring if he was making some noise or if it would be easier for someone to pick him out along the ceiling. Besides, those mercs are making enough of a racket to draw any unfriendly attention, and what's more of a threat, a lone Bothan for a stroll along the ceiling, or a goon squad from station control? On top of that, who looks up that often in an enclosed place, like a space station?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'll take the -10 penalties and do my best to keep up with the goon squad.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-02 at 12:03 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al nearly jumps out of her skin as the thing takes off. By the time her blasters are ready, it is already gone.

Gee, really? Where I come from, it's perfectly normal for dead things to get up and run off like they're trying to jump to lightspeed, she observes sarcastically. She checks the charge on her blasters while waiting for the backup to arrive.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-02 at 12:27 AM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

8. - Top - End - #68

NinjaGirl

"I have seen worse before.", Amira replies with a calm voice. Where I come from, you get used to it."
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-02 at 12:29 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Flumph

cool Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

A very short time later

@Cyrus and Asyr: As the Jedi and 5 mercenaries march down the hall accompanied by a barely noticable thunkthunkthunk noise from the ceiling the first thing they note is a change in the smell, from dusty ancient station, to very fresh charred meat and blood. As they turn the Corner they see a shadowy form with a visor reloading blaster pistols and a black robed woman with a lightsaber staring down the tunnel opposite their approach. Notable is the fact that something has apparently taken a chunk out of the shadowy form (which also sports a few deep cuts), and the black robe on the woman has a very bright crimson blood streak going from waist to opposite shoulder. There is also a congealing pool of blood, a few streaks of gore and stray blaster marks, and fading bloody footprints leading into a giant radial mark on a tunnel wall and continueing down the tunnel.

@Frae'el and Amira: The first sign of the so called backup is the tromp tromp of heavy booted feet. Expecting a small army you instead see a Brown robed jedi in front of a group of 5 blaster rifle wielding mercs. (Diff 15 spot/listen check to see the orientationally challenged Bothan on the ceiling) Having a lightsaber at the ready the Jedi looks calm and collected but determined. You see the mercs are hauling the components for 2 f-web emplacement weapons.

OOC: Finally the whole party is togeather and has a mission. Feel free to discuss your options, Roleplay up the meeting, the two jedi (sith) are kinda obvious. The Bothan is going to be hard to find, the Defel is hard to see and the mercs are just hard headed.
    Before that however all the comlinks from the party get the following message.(not the mercs, they are not special)

The Station Manager says in a no nonesense voice. "Alright you should have met up with the others I've sent. I suggest you all take a minute to get organized. If this thing or things can be found I want it/them dealt with. I honestly don't care which of you is in charge of this little "party" but i suggest you discuss that before going into life or death combat. Oh and if there are more than one of these things I will be giving you appropriate compensation. Have your appointed leader contact me when your ready to go."

The mercs also seeing you have injured have several medpacs to spare, but aren't terribly trained in their use if anyone wants to heal Frae'el a bit. I will default to the merc's seargent doing it (Treat injury +4 net) if noone else offers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

10. - Top - End - #70

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+0)[12] I can't apply the medipacs, since I don't have any ranks in that skill.

Amira looks over the group that just arrived.

"Just what I need, a Jedi to deal with. As if those monsters weren't enough already."

She shrugs that thought off for now and speaks up:

"So you guys are the promised backup. I suggest we organize ourselves as fast as possible and move out. That thing can't be too far away by now, and it should be easy to follow it since it's leaving a rather obvious trail of blood."

She pauses, and then adds while pointing at Frae'el.

"Oh, and I suggest one of you should take care of her wounds, I am not particularly skilled in that area and would probably mess up more than I would actually help her."
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-02 at 02:11 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

After hearing the message from station management, Asyr stops over the blood pool, and clears his throat.

"Since the management seems intent to have us know who we are and what we can do, I'll start off. My name is Asyr Dan'kar, and since most of you haven't noticed me before I cleared my throat, it's somewhat obvious what a couple of my talents are. Also, management wants me to look out for who or what is controlling or directing these creatures and either deal with it myself, or light it up for everyone to see and deal with. I also have experience with demolitions, computers, and tracking, though it doesn't take a lot of skill to follow bloody footprints. Combat wise, I know some martial arts, and I'm a halfway decent shot."

Great, another Jedi. I just hope that management doesn't decide to tell the bounty hunters on this station about their existence, otherwise this could get very messy, very fast.

If anyone decides to look up, they'll see a 1.6m (5'2") tall Bothan colored like a German Shepard in urban camo, hanging upside down by his boots, crossing his arms, waiting for everyone else to say their piece.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm popping out of stealth for now, until the introductions and a plan are made, then I'll go back into stealth mode and provide overwatch services. Also, I have no training in the treatment of injuries, so I'm not going to volunteer for patching up Frae'el.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-02 at 02:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Cyrus Novan.", the Jedi introduces himself with a nod. "I can act as the appointed leader, unless someone else feels more up to the task." The faster we decide who the leader is, the faster we can follow the bioweapon.

Considering the freshness of the blood on the floor and the intensity of the feelings moments ago, Cyrus has a sneaking suspicion about the bioweapon. He tries to sense if the currents of the Force in this place carry any feelings similar to the disturbance in the Force earlier by concentrating on the lightsaber as a focus.

He then looks over to the woman wearing the black robe, obviously a Sith, and tries to sense her anger and fear, how much she has been corrupted by the dark side. She is obviously stranded here too, most likely without coming here on purpose (she wouldn't do this job if she knew about the anomaly), so Cyrus decides to concentrate on finding the beast for now. But he still wonders what brought her to this place. "We should put our differences aside for now, as there is a more troubling task at hand."

If the others don't mind him being the leader, he contacts the Manager. "This is Cyrus Novan, we will start following the bioweapon now."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Oh great. Jedi and Sith. She takes a few steps to the side, not wanting to be in the line of fire if they come to blows.

Once her wounds are tended to, she thanks the Merc and says I'm Vrax. As you might guess, my specialty is infiltration-unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on these things. I don't know how, but it could see me fine. Since stealth is useless, we should have a real fast runner up front to give us enough advance warning to get the E-webs and then lure them back into the killing field. It was fast, but I've heard that Jedi are too... She lets the thought hang for a moment, then continues, We'd also do well to post a rearguard, since we don't know if they will be coming after us. This I'd be willing to volunteer for, unless somebody else really wants to do it.

Oh, and one more thing-be sure to look up. The one I found here was running along halfway up the wall when I first saw it.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-02 at 12:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Flumph

The Seargent does a passable job patching up Frae'el. Using an advanced medkit (think automated medkit for dummies, it gives him step by step instructions) Looking at the wounds he tells you "You should really check into a medbay, but with this in your system you should be feeling a lot less pain, also managed to stop the bleeding and make sure nothings getting infected at least. Though this little gadget does tell me you had something called Ranat Salivary infection strain-4A. Not sure if that's relevant"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frae'el gets back 5 HP due to a good roll from the merc with the help of the autodoc on the medpack.

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    give me a see force check... and another and another... so 3 see force checks for the saber, the area and Amira respectively.

@Amira:
    Spoiler
    Show
    yup Cyrus is checking you out... you can roll a force defence if you care, and or a see force check to try and see what's got him so interested in that weird saber he's looking at, Or just take a gander at him too.

@Asyr: You note that the blood trail will be very easy to track... for a while at least.. it gets fainter as it goes though.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-02 at 01:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

15. - Top - End - #75

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I think I will check him out too. So that's:

Force Defense: (1d20+0)[18]

See Force (Saber): (1d20+0)[12]

See Force (Cyrus): (1d20+0)[1]

16. - Top - End - #76

Flumph

@Amira:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense what almost feels like a thread of pain from the saber. As to the Jedi he seems very calm and hard to read.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-02 at 02:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Sounds lovely. Any chance you know what that is?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ranat saliva, about how tall was this thing? I might be able to explain why normal stealth didn't work against that thing. If it's based off of a Ranat, it most likely smelled you. However, what I know about Ranats states they can't run around halfway up a bulkhead without some sort of mechanical assistance. And Cyrus, mind asking management if we have permission to blow up the production facilities of whatever is making and controlling these things?

Looking down at the pool of blood and the tracks leaving it, Asyr starts to follow the tracks from his vantage point on the ceiling, dropping back into being stealthy, and on high alert once everyone is has said their peice.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: once we have a plan I'm going to be going slow and stealthy following the tracks/group, with the earlier penalties (-6 going 1/2 speed) with auto 10's in hide, move silently, survival and climb for totals of 19 hide &move silently, and a 13 in survival for tracking (additional -4 because I don't have the track feat) and a 20 for climb
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-02 at 02:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

NinjaGirl

"Somethings wrong with that saber, if only I knew what it is."

Amira turns to Cyrus to answer him.

"Very well, you can lead this little party if you want. As for our 'differences', I'm not here to fight the Jedi, and if my judgement is correct, we seem to share the mutual interest of wanting to get rid of these beasts, so we might as well work together to complete this mission."

With that being said, she starts to turns around.

"Now I suggest we should get going, I'd rather finish this as soon as possible."
    Last edited by Miata; 2008-11-02 at 02:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

It was big, scaled, tailess rat-like thing, about *insert size estimate here, since I was never actually given any numbers* It did sniff me me out, or at least it sure looked like it, but there was something else too-sense of smell alone isn't that accurate.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think that it's most likely someone having fun splicing genes together. It was most likely using a Ranat as a base, then added in some reptilian genes, along with some other stuff. It most likely smelled you first, then used some other sensory system to pinpoint your position. I'm not too sure what bands of the electromagnetic spectrum your fur asorbs, but it might be possible that it has sensory organs that detect the infrared radiation, similar to pit vipers.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-02 at 03:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Flumph

@Everybody: Frae'el and Amira would say it was 1.6 meters, maybe 1.8 depending on how it "stood".
    For reference Ranats are usually about 1.0 meters tall, mean ratlike sentients who hate humans, and just about everybody for that matter.

When queeried Station management gives permission to blast, burn, or slice anything related to whatever is making these things but no high explosives, as it is an ancient space station, don't want to kill everybody, just those things and whoever is controlling them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

23. - Top - End - #83

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Before setting out to hunt the creature, Amira will try to heal some of the damage she took earlier with the help of the force.

Heal Self: (1d20+13)[14]

24. - Top - End - #84

Flumph

@Amira
    Spoiler
    Show
    you heal 5 points of damage
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-02 at 03:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrus asks Management for permission and tells the others her answer. As for the Sith, Cyrus thinks she understood what he ment. "Shall we go?", he asks and follows the bloodtrail.

Spoiler
    Show
    See Force
    Amira (1d20)[20]
    Place (1d20)[7]
    Lightsaber (1d20)[18]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Yes. Blasters in hand, she takes place at the rear of the formation, keeping watch ahead, behind, and up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 Spot/Listen, 20 each.

27. - Top - End - #87

Flumph

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense that Amira has a little less than 1/5 the darkside influence as the Jedi Weapons Master who helped train you. That being said Kyle Katarn did have anger issues and a checkered past...
    The saber has the sort of link a lightsaber often has with a jedi who built and put a little bit of themeselves into the weapon, this link is maybe a bit stronger than most, she obviously felt the weapon was an extension of her, and with the force it's sort of true.
    The area around you feels... well the station is the oldest thing you have ever sensed by far, including the thousands of year old massassi temples. You don't sense any thing dangerous immeadiatly around you, though you do sense an odd pulling sensation, that falling or about to fall sensation you felt upon initially finding the area when your hyperdrive died. The creature, even if it is at all connected to the saber is to distant to sense.

@Everyone: The group begins to move along. Jedi and Sith in the lead. Bothan on the ceiling being stealthy. Mercs keeping togeather, Defel dropped back slightly. The trail is comically easy to follow at first. But as you continue the trail gets less and less obvious, eventually after what feels like miles of slightly curved hallways twisting through the docking ring the trail is lost entirely. The section your in has little light coming from the occasionally sputtering working light panels. Areas abound where the metal plating on the walls has been removed, exposing tubes and wiring of unknown derivation. Some of said holes in the wall are more than big enough for something like this thing to get through.

@Asyr and Frae'el: You see movement coming from down the tunnels, furtive and relatively quiet shadowy movement of small creatures. You make out what looks suspiciously like a spear or two. Frae'el sees this coming from behind you. Asyr sees it coming from in front.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Game effect is the trail is now more difficult then your passive rolls allow for tracking purposes, any further tracking will require a result above a 13 difficulty. Also note that you've seen enemies, or potential enemies in your lookout, which tends to distract most people from making tracking checks. But yes you can probably pick up the trail after you deal with the present problem.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr pulls out his blaster rifle and comlink (set to the Merc Sargent's frequency) It looks like we have contacts up ahead. They appear to be armed with spears, and are approaching.

Well, we'll find out how hostile these targets are going to be in a few seconds.

Putting his comlink away yet again, he lines up on the lead creature, taking aim and waiting for someone else to start hostilities.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I stop moving, pull my A280, and start aiming on the lead target. My hide/move silently rolls are 19 each

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Are they smallish, 1.5 meters or less? Frae'al whispers into her comm, We have more coming from behind. I suggest getting those repeaters set up. I'm going to see if I can get a visual. With that, she takes two steps backwards and disappears, merging into the shadows.

Her eyes wander down to the bottom left of her field of view. Sensors in her visor read the movement and bring up a menu. Fixing her gaze on the box that reads LOLGHT, she blinks twice. The sensors read this too and adjust the visors parameters, taking in more light to improve her view. Then she stares at their shadowers again and tries to get a better image, punching the magnification up a few times if necessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching visor over to Low-Light mode.

Hide/Move Silently (1d20+21=22, 1d20+20=37)
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-02 at 08:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Flumph

@Asyr: As the creatures approach you can hear them making strange noises, still very quiet but definately signalling each other as they spread out accross the hallway, staying low. Approaching closer you can see they possess mostly primitive weapons (sharpened bits of metal on a stick) but a few of what look to be blaster pistols. They hunker down like they are waiting for some signal. There are maybe a dozen of them.

@Frae'el: You quickly meld with the shadows, and the lowlight vision supplies you with seing more of the diminutive humanoids than you would have guessed at. Numbering 20, they are armed with nets and clubs primarily, though said weapons seem to be made of technologically advanced materials. (clubs made out of sections of piping, Nets made of tied microcabling and wire) By the way they stalk forward it looks like they're stalking game. As you get within 10 meters they still show no signs of seeing you, their attention is riveted on the mercs, Sith and Jedi. They then stop and appear to be holding position waiting for something. By the small frame and ratlike appearance you think these may be the Ranats you were recently discussing. They don't look much like the creature you fought earlier at all, being furry and much smaller. (1 meter or so standing up)

The Mercs quietly signal to Cyrus and Amira to stop and 4 of them start setting up the 2 F-webs. The seargent conveys through handsigns that there's something ahead and behind. (or tries to, he is obviously not good at charades). You do end up getting a general sense that they recieved word on the comlink that something dangerous has you surrounded. Large power cores and tripods are deployed as the barrels are then mounted on the tripods. a few cable connections later you hear a resonant hum and the Mercenary Seargent motions Cyrus towards one and Amira towards the other, he then goes with Amira and crouches down behind the battery. The 4 other mercs man the f-webs. Aside from the hum and a flickering light panel sparking things get very quiet.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-02 at 11:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight