New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

Frae'al silently slinks back into the nearest side passage, turning her comm's volume setting down so only she can hear it, and barely. Speaking at lowest level that the link will pick up, she reports I've got about a score of them back here. I'm guessing them to be Ranats. They're armed with an assortment of improvised weapons scavenged from around the station-clubs and nets, mostly. They're holding their ground and seem to be waiting for something. How's it look up front?
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asyr whispers over the com channel to the mercs and jedi "It looks like there's about twelve or so, most have variations on the sharp bit of metal lodged into a stick, though some do have what looks like either slugthrower or blaster pistols. They are crouching down, looks like they are waiting for something or someone to send them a signal."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Amira draws her lightsaber, but does not ignite it yet. Then she whispers to Cyrus:

"Better get ready. Depending on what they do, this could get pretty ugly, and something tells me they are not here to invite us over for dinner."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrus enters the opening stance of Ataru, holding his lightsaber vertically to his right side with both hands, but doesn't ignite it either.
    "Chances are that the beast controls them or the Ranats fear it, which would fit with the beast perhaps being a transformed Jedi. There is enough evidence that it might be possible.", the Jedi whispers back to Amira, figuring he should voice his hunch before they run into the bioweapon again. Maybe she can be saved. Cyrus waits silently for what is to come.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Sounds like the front group was meant to start a firefight to distract us so the rear guys could swoop in and subdue us in melee. If you two Jedi want to come back here and and help me open a can on them, I'm pretty sure the Mercs and Asyr can keep the others at bay if they try something.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahh, the old 'hammer-and-anvil,' be careful about the Ranats. They have been known to eat humans that they down. Also, it seems that they are awaiting a signal. They might try to start negotiations first. He whispered into his comlink.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Station Management advised me they had trouble with raiders in this area. I'm going to hazard a guess we're looking at them. From the looks of them, if they even try to negotiate, it will be 'throw down your weapons and we'll let you leave in one piece'. And I doubt they'd hold up their end.

At any rate, I don't want to sit here for whatever these guys are waiting for to turn up because one, it is unlikely to be conducive to my continued well-being, and two, I'm not getting paid by the hour down here.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

So Cyrus, do we have premission to engage? I'd say that the first group of raiders is about 40 meters ahead of us, ducking down and doing their best to not to give away their positions. I have a bead lined up one one of them, though I'd prefer not to take a shot until the f-webs are set up and ready to lay down suppressing fire, as I'm a little exposed where I am, and opening fire isn't going to do much for my continued remaining hidden stratagem. Asyr whispered into the comlink, shifting his aim to one of the creatures holding a blaster.

At least your getting paid for this little escapade, all I got was a vague promise about management helping me get off this station.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ok, roll my initative, and I'm essentially going to start taking shots of oppritunity once the f-webs open up, with the ranats with projectile weaponry being my primary targets.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-03 at 10:23 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

The silence is broken as The Ranats toward the front of the party suddenly surge to their feet and charge. Many blaster shots are fired, some of them even in your direction, though they seem to largely be firing for effect. A few of those with spears launch them from a running start. The Ranats appear to be screeching and generally trying to make a lot of noise. (the ranats are now approximately 30+ meters out, those behind the party still have not moved.)

One of the mercs takes one of the small spears to his shoulder, though it punctures his armor he still seems relatively ok. One of the stray blaster bolts goes directly for Amira's head, before she can activate her lightsaber, you see the shot stop as it impacts the F-web's (now visable) shield a fraction of a meter in front of her. Amira feels a gust of heat but takes no damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    the F-web's shields grant a DR15 energy to everyone withing 4 meters of them, though as seen with the spear, physical and indeed a shot fired from within the shield does normal damage to those inside. Firing out does require you to put the business end of the weapon outside the shield though.

(OOC I believe that would be a call for initiative. Feel free to include your action(s) and any relevant rolls, if a target is invalidated etc by someone else's action, expect a PM asking what you'd like to change your action to.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranats: 9 Mercenaries: 18

(also for simplicity's sake I'll tell you the Ranats have a defence:16 and HP:9)
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 02:23 PM.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al's head whips around at the sound of blaster fire behind her. She smirks, seeing her judgement vindicated. Soon, the backstabbers would make thier move. She readied her blasters. When they did, they would learn the shoe really hurts on the other foot.

Spoiler
    Show
    What is their flat-footed defense? I assume these guys cannot see me, at least.
    Initiative versus Ratan (1d20+4=20)
    What a waste of a good roll. Frae'al will stay put until the rear group runs past her, then shoot them in the back.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"Fire at will! I will distract the twenty in the back!", Cyrus shouts and lets the Force flow through him, sending him towards the Ranat as a rapid blur accompanied by a streak of green light and slightly to the side, so that the mercenaries can still shoot past him without a problem. Perhaps the Ranat will concentrate on him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[6]
    Cyrus activates Burst of Speed and moves right next to the Ranat, but more to the side of the tunnel (?), so the mercs can fire past him.

edit: What the hell?! If the Ranat move closer (inside of 20 meters from Cyrus' current position), he charges instead, using Rapid Strike and Combat Expertise (for 2 points), attacking twice (can't edit in the rolls).
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-11-03 at 03:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

NinjaGirl

Seeing that Cyrus is going to cover the back, Amira decides to go for the front. While she charges towards their position, she ignites her lightsaber and reaches out for the force to strengthen herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[12]

Amira moves towards them as far as she can this round, aiming to engage them in melee combat. Her dodge target will be the Ranat closest to her, who will also be the one she will try to attack first.

She also uses Enhance Ability to boost her dexterity.

Enhance Ability: (1d20+15)[26]

13. - Top - End - #103

Flumph

@Frae'el:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You assume correctly, they cannot see you and their flatfooted def is 14, you got behind them as well

@Cyrus: updated
    Spoiler
    Show
    sometimes going slow has it's advantages, redecide your actions based on the combat results thus far.

So far we have
    The Mercs: 18
    Ranats: 9
    Cyrus: 6
    Frae'el: holding action from 20
    Amira: 12
    Asyr: 15

The mercs open up the two f-web heavy repeating blasters on the onrushing dozen Ranats. A half dozen shots light up the tunnel like a red strobe. 3 of the onrushing foe's are hit and blasted to pieces. The mercenary seargent stands and sprays a full auto volley from his rifle, clipping one more and it goes down less spectacularly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 hits for 20 damage each, and 1 hit for 15

Asyr then adds to the fire from the ceiling. (assuming I'm rolling? he gets 2 hits and downs both targets for 12 damage each)

Amira then moves out 10 meters brandishing her lightsaber and calls on the force to enhance her reflexes.

The remaining 6 Ranats from the charge continue to throw spears (none with blasters are still up) 1 spear almost Hits Amira but she leaps up and it goes through her robe missing her legs by an inch. (missed by 1... curse you enhance dex heheh) They move up somewhat to 20 meters (about 10 from Amira) but don't seem quite as enthusiastic.
    Leaping from holes in the wall another 8 Ranats bearing vibro-knives and crude swords surround the Mercenaries. Frae'el notices the stealthed 20 by her seem conflicted on weither or not to join in a few looking at the devastation wrought by the f-webs start to slink forward.

Cyrus and Frae'el now get to go.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 04:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

When the diminutive aliens cautiosuly creep past her hiding spot, Frae'al opens fire on them from behind. The result it not so much shooting fish in a barrel as it is dropping a Thermal Detonator in a barrel of fish. The two nearest her are dropped by high-powered stun bolts, and her other victims are not even that lucky, going down with holes burned in their backs and heads. One hapless indivudal gets the entire back of its skull disintegrated.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Cyrus seems determined to charge the rear group, I will take my turn after he moves.

Full attack, dual wield, rapid shot, multifire. Precise attack goes to main hand ititerive attack, first two shots are stun. Assume I keep shooting the same one until it drops.

First attacks-1st two are stun (1d20+10=18, 1d20+10=15, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=15)
    Main hand ititerive (1d20+6=24)
    Off-hand ititerive (1d20+5=20)
    Two DC 19 Stuns, and
    Damage rolls (4d6+3=18, 4d6+3=23, 4d6+3=14, 4d6+3=12)
    3 dying rats, and one killed outright.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-03 at 05:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Flumph

@Frae'el
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Cyrus does charge.. well he said he would sorta... rolling it out both the Ranats get stunned and the others do indeed perish, or will without prompt medical attention, net efferct 6 drop out of the fight.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 05:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing that the mercs are getting overrun by ranats bursting out of the walls, Asyr looks down, judging the distance to the floor, contemplating dropping from above onto one or two ranats and start going martial artsy on them, once the threat imposed by the blaster wielding raiders is dealt with.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: Yeah, I'm going to let you roll, as it seems easier than linking to an outside source or forcing you trusting me about the rolls. Also how high is the ceiling? If it's low enough that I won't take more than a couple of dice of falling damage, then I'll drop onto a ranat or two to help give the mercs some breathing room (firing into or out of a melee isn't my cup of tea) So next round I'm moving back towards the mercs and taking a shot at one of the charging ranats.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-03 at 05:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Flumph

@Asyr:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah it's a long way down, these tunnels are close to 10 meters tall. You're reasonably certain you could roll with it, but it'll still hurt. You are basically directly over the spear chuckers at the moment though. Risky to try and land on one directly... but possible. Do you feel lucky? (jump, attack roll for MA and save required for doing that... could get you hurt specially if you land on a spear, could also squish one in highly dramatic fashion...

And all the blaster wielding Ranats have been killed by yourself or the F-web.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 05:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I was contemplating dropping down one one of the ones that burst out of hiding around the mercs, not one of the 6 remaining ones in the F-webs line of fire. I'm not crazy enough to try that kind of stunt with anyone else but Kell or Zockruss. So essentially I'll help mow down the remaining 6, then work my way back to the mercs and do the DFA attack there)
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-03 at 05:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the Ranats jumping out of their holes, Cyrus reacts with a flurry of rapid, wide swings aided by his acrobatic fighting style, using momentum to his advantage.

Spoiler
    Show
    As Cyrus stands near the F-Web, I hope he can make a full attack with Rapid Strike against three targets with a 2m step before it.

Attack 1 (1d20+18)[29]
    Damage (5d8+7)[29]

Attack 2 (1d20+18)[26]
    Damage (5d8+7)[29]

Attack 3 (1d20+13)[22]
    Damage (5d8+7)[28]

20. - Top - End - #110

Flumph

Cyrus cleanly bisects 3 of the Ranats before they really have a chance to react.

@Frae'el:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we still saying screw it and opening the can o butt whoopin on the unsuspecting ratpeople or not, you'd be semi reavealing your location by firing, without a jedi to draw fire, and 20 of em between you and the party... still killing a quarter+ of them might just make em think twice. Your call.

@ Narthlotep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kell could probably suck it up, Xockrus would so be stuck in the reultant CRATER that it'd be better to wait for at least a partial airlift from Vek... you'd still fall, but you'd fall slower.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 05:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. I edited the post to reflect the cirumstances. I do want it understood I am targeting the guys with the nets.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-03 at 05:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Flumph

The Mercs: 18
    Ranats: 9
    Cyrus: 6
    Frae'el: 8
    Amira: 12
    Asyr: 15

The Mercenaries bravely try to ignore the Ranats with blades near them as they continue firing into the Spear chucking Ranats. They account for two more.(4 left) The Seargent attempts to hold off the 5 remaining blade weilders with another burst of precise fire from his rifle. killing 2 (3 left).

Asyr starts to magnetically tromp back along the ceiling, taking two potshots with his rifle, 1 connects for 14 damage dropping another of the spear chuckers. (3 left)

Amira is then confronted with either going back to help or finishing off the 3 spear lobbing Ranats (one of whom recently airated your robe). (Note* either group is well within charge range, or normal movement for that matter)
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 05:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[OOC: As I will most likely be sleeping when my turn comes up...]

Cyrus will take care of the remaining blade wielding Ranats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack with Rapid Strike

Attack 1 (1d20+18)[23]
    Damage (5d8+7)[24]

Attack 2 (1d20+18)[27]
    Damage (5d8+7)[33]

Attack 3 (1d20+13)[19]
    Damage (5d8+7)[38]

24. - Top - End - #114

NinjaGirl

Amira charges at the spear throwing Ranats, attacking the one who pierced her robe earlier.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+20)[38]

Damage: (4d8+6)[30]

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing that the Jedi and mercs have things under control up front, Asyr continues heading back to help out Vrax.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Essentialy, move action then potshot at a ranat not engaged in melee with someone, with the intent of getting in position to do the DFA once the ranats in back get too close for blasters.

26. - Top - End - #116

Flumph

Amira viciously cuts down the Ranat that earlier nearly hit her.

The Ranats with spears attack Amira, one biting her in the leg as the other gets his spear cut in two attacking her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amira takes 6 damage

The knife wielding Ranats meanwhile manage to hit one of the Mercs. He looks badly hurt. One attacks and misses Cyrus.

The 14 Ranats behind the party lay about themeselves in a disorganized manner. 4 in particular have Frae'el surrounded, apparently using their noses to at least figure out roughly where she is. They seem unable to land a hit however. Using nets and crude clubs the others flail about the area in a vain effort to engage their invisable assailant. Several nets are tossed... nowhere near anybody. and several of them start to flee entirely (4 are running after having lobbing man sized crude capture nets at empty squares near you.

@Frae'el
    Spoiler
    Show
    They have you surrounded, but apparently can't see you as such... you still get the +2 for being invisable to them.

Cyrus is unable to get to all three of the blade wielding Ranats, but does kill two of them without difficulty. (leaving 1) The Mercenary captain then goes and downs the remaining attacker with a solid shot from his blaster rifle. One mercenary checks on his wounded compatriot, while the other 2 continue to use their f-web. For fear of hitting Amira, they target the Ranats behind the group, swinging the gun to bear, they immeaditaly open up, getting one hit which easily downs the small creature. (9 left behind the group +4 are running away)

Asyr then takes a shot and kills another. (IRL he just showed up at my house heh guess I was taking a bit long there sorry IRL distractions)

Amira then gets to confront her 2 attackers who are at melee range.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-03 at 08:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

27. - Top - End - #117

NinjaGirl

Amira attacks them with her lightsaber, trying to finish the battle with those two quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack action:

Attacks:

(1d20+18)[19]
    (1d20+13)[19]

Damage:

(4d8+6)[25]
    (4d8+6)[28]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al's blasters speak again and again. Trying to fight a defel in these lighting conditions is like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands. The four Ratans surrounding her are gunned down in succession while they flail uselessly at empty air. With the immediate threat removed, she fires on the less decisive individuals milling about, collecting several more with lethally accurate fire.

29. - Top - End - #119

Flumph

Amira cuts one of the remaining Ranats down, the remaining one next to her falls on to it's face, which has the side effect of ducking her strike. Amira isn't sure but from the noises it makes it might be begging for it's life.

The Ranats remaining to the rear of the party seem unable to connect with the Defel in any meaningful way as a four around her continue striking ineffectively. Frae'el takes advantage of the close quarters to kill not only the four around her, but take an opportune shot on one of the closer club wielders.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amira missed on a 1, which I rule as an auto miss, though it's not a fumble either. Frae'el missed once on account of the "milling about" unsure Ranats fighting defensively as they were beating the deck plates looking for you.

The remaining Ranats flee, (8 total) The Mercenaries take a few pot shots at the retreating Ranats... firing a stream of shots into the walls over them and generally firing for effect.

You can pursue but the Ranats are spliting up, crawling into holes much like the rats they look like. They will likely be difficult to catch.

There are two stunned Ranats and several wounded but not quite dead yet specimens (if you hurry to tend them at least) and one of the shot Ranats is actually stable.Then there's the by one by Amira apparently begging for it's life, or insulting you, in it's chittering language it's hard to tell.

One of the mercs is badly wounded, but apparently still able to fight. A lot of Ranat Corpses and flaming blaster holes from the F-web provides a little more light.
    What's everyone doing?

Asyr climbs down and finds the continuation of the original creatures trail, looks like more than blood is coming off the creature, tiny refractive crystals from the creatures hide seem to be leaving a much fainter though followable trail.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-04 at 01:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Point of interest: Fighting Defensively will not actually help them, as that tactic provides a dodge bonus, which is lost to an invisible attacker anyway.

Frae'al takes one final snap shot at the fleeing figures. Then she turns and tries to sort out the two she stunned from the mass of bodies lying on the deck. I've got two live ones back here, she calls down the passage, Somebody want to lend me a hand?

Finding the two lucky 'winners', she puts a second stun bolt into each to keep them out while she disarms them, then drags them away from the other bodies so they will not a have weapons to reach for when they come to. Asyr, you seem to know a lot about these guys. Do you know the language?

Regardless, when they come around, they both get a great view of the blasters being trained on them. You do not need to be a genius, or even fully awake, to realize two blasters and two captives equates to approximately one blaster per head. Do you understand Basic? she grills. If she gets no answers, she continues [Rodese]How about Rodese? [Ryl]Or Ryl? [Huttese]Huttese? [Defel]Doubt it's Defel.