New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

Cyrus doesn't stagger, he falls down, killed instantly.

He is at -19 HP.

Well, that was a short campaign for me. At least Cyrus rolled for a total of 298 damage over 3 rounds, 258 after DR while being the main focus of all three creatures in those rounds.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2008-11-08 at 02:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uh-oh, Cyrus is down. Bugger station management, this thing has to go down now or we're all done for! While climbing, Asyr reaches into his bag, pulling out an explosive charge, setting the timer for a 6 second delay, but not activating it yet, waiting until he gets close to the psycho, a tear comes to his eye as he continues upwards, thinking that for there to be a chance his erstwhile allies to survive he might have to grab the psycho and fall back down into the flames with him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'm going to change my proposed action for when I get close enough to Deek Nam to slapping a demo charge onto his back, activating it, and knocking him off the catwalk. My skill check for setting the timer is going to be a 23, thank you skill mastery. You can roll out the trip/grapple/bull rush/whatever will work game rules wise, and if Deek Nam decides to grab me, well then I'll just have to go down with the crazy man. And as it seems dramatically important/cool enough, I'll spend a force point to help make sure that I can actually connect, along with using heart and extreme effort for a grand total bonus of 2d6+5.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-08 at 03:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

That leaves Frae'el and Amira standing against the clawed psychopath, while Asyr is climbing up to the catwalk.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Throw 'im off! Into one of the tanks! Frae'al urges Amira while she shifts her aim down to the man's leg. The pant leg is shredded but the crystal refracts and diffuses every erg, taking on a dull orange glow.

Kark...

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I only hit on a Nat 20, jut going to roll them all at once.
    Shooting Deek Nam (1d20=1, 1d20=12, 1d20=18, 1d20=15, 1d20=11, 1d20=14)
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-08 at 03:51 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

5. - Top - End - #185

Flumph

Amira is facing off with the Talis, only moments to react while he prepares to finish her off as well. She sees Asyr climbing the wall behind him, apparently unseen. Frae'al looks desperate as eveything she's shot at him has been pretty ineffective. Meanwhile Cyrus spasms a bit in reflex on ground as he bleeds.

Things look quite desperate for our heroes... Amira's turn.

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Yes even dying, or nearly so is no escape from the story)
    You find yourself standing on a featureless ripling dark blue void, The sky is a swirl of stars nebulous colors and darkness. You feel no sesnsation and wonder if you are dead, you clearly remember falling, bleeding to the ground. But strangely in this place there is no pain, no attachment... In front of you a figure in an old spacers cloak torn and ragged with age looms before you. As it approaches a sudden explosion of light and radiant warming vivacious energy intercepts it and seems to take on some semblance of a woman (if a woman were made out of spiraling stars and light dancing about). Begging it says.
    "WHY why must the good ones always fall... PLEASE I beg of you do not take him yet we can find a way.. I could..."
    The cloaked figure interupts in a deep resonant tone. "Being good is not always enough, if he has the temerity to live he can, I won't take him, but neither will I allow you to help. He makes it on his own... or he doesn't make it. You coddle your champions, leave them unprepared to live on their own, that is your weakness. I am the arbiter of balance, but I shall let him decide this.
    The figure moves before you, it asks of you. "Would you Live Cyrus Novan, or will you choose peace, tranquility, an end to pain. Life can be very painful, Would you fight to prolong that pain? Would you fight death itself, knowing the inevitability of your eventual loss? Fight it despite the pain, fight it with every breath and Fiber of your being, using every tool and trick at your disposal?
    The figure seems to get more passonate as it talks, you see trails of crimson fire begin trailing down the cloak, to eventually engulf the being in a fiery sheath. Behind you see the lady of light looking dejected and heartbroken, eventually looking away, choking back a sob. She looks back over and you can almost make out the emotional impression of a mother, fearful for her child's life.
    What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

6. - Top - End - #186
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

She might be right, tho I don't really like this.

Amira charges into the guy, trying to throw him down, hopefully into one of the tanks below.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to try the suggested Bantha Rush.

Strength check:

(1d20+7)[18]

7. - Top - End - #187

Flumph

Amira darts in, as Talis' claws block her lightsaber from hitting him and slash at her leg, [spoiler] Amira takes 10 damage, currently at 31[spoiler] he aparently does not deem anything your bare hand can do a threat to his armored form, so doesn't react at all to your grabbing him. He seems rather surprised in fact as Amira lowers her shoulder and with one arm on his not glowing hot leg flips him unceremoniously over the railing. He gets out a "whaa?" before hitting the top of the tank, which, apparently quite brittle, shatters underneath him. Fog rolls out from the tank from the shattered top. The temperature drops 20 degrees in the room and seems to be cooling rapidly as the fog hits the flame (from the earlier vat explosion) you notice the flame smothers instantly. The temperature stabilizes somewhat as the fog stops pouring out of the large vat Talis fell in, though it still roils over the surface, occluding any view of what happened to him.

There is no noise from outside. There is all manner of strange chemical equipment around the place, Frae'al notices a small bank of computers in one of the corners down below. Also notable is the reinforced blast door on the ground floor, and the large service door to the other side.

Out of initiative, what do you do now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Once Talis hits the tank, Frae'al turns and stares down the hallway, trying to figure out what happened out there.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

O.O.C.:Well, since Asyr isn't doing much, he's going to pop his head out and check up on the mercs and ranat.
    Well, it looks like Talis is on ice, or at least cryogenic fluids for the time being, anyone mind if I pop out for a quick peek at what's going on outside? At the very least I can grab someone who knows how to use a medpack to check if Cyrus is still alive.

As Asyr peeks out the way we came in, he deactivates the demolition charge, stows it and his rifle away, and stoops down to collect his sidearm, slightly concerned about the sudden quiet outside, Asyr decides to approach the doorway cautiously.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, I'm going back into stealth mode, taking 10's in hide and move silently, for 22's in both.
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-08 at 10:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190

NinjaGirl

Considering his heavily altered appearance, which was obviously enhanced by biological experiments, Amira is not yet convinced that Deek Nam does not pose a threat anymore, so she tries to feel his presence with the help of the force.

Spoiler
    Show
    See Force:

(1d20+0)[10]

11. - Top - End - #191

Flumph

@Frae'al and Asyr: you see some signs of major carnage outside. 1 of the f-webs has been destroyed. You see a few of the mercs showing signs of some life, You also see a wide eyed Bouda crouching behind the remaining F-web at the gunnery controls. You hear the merc seargent's voice asking Bouda what he sees. Bouda replies "Nufinks um ee spells sumfink." (apparently the mercs have worked on his vocab a touch) You also see a badly melted creature, as much made of bone as flesh. It looks like it died directly in front of the remaining f-web. (It was the wounded one Frae'al and then Amira tangled with earlier.) The seargent seems immobile behind the f-web, having had a leg mostly cut off.

Overall it looks like most of the mercs may need the medpack as much as Cyrus.

@Amira: you sense very little from the open topped container except cold, which you hardly needed the force to tell you. However you sense SOMETHING behind the reinforced doors. It nearly screams darkside and wrong as much as the creatures you just fought. The room itself seems to be steeped in the darkside though, so it may be coloring your perceptions.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-08 at 10:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hurry, one of you go get the medpac! Frae'al says, holstering her blasters. Using her claws, she tears out pieces of the Jedi's robes to use in bandaging his wounds. Sithspwan, that's a lot of blood...

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn, I think the Mercs need it more.. It looks like the one that we were tracking doubled back and went to town on them. I'll do what I can for them then run it back for Cyrus. One of you might want to call our status in to management and ask for a med team or two. It looks like one or two are ambulatory, other than that everything's peachy out here. Asyr then breaks stealth to assist where he can, then run back to help out with Cyrus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, here's my treat injury roll (untrained of course) for stabilizing the mercs. (1d20+0) 17, plus whatever bonus the medkit will give. O.O.C.: Miata, once your done looking around, you might want to do a heal other check, if you get a 10 or better Cyrus will stabilize for the cost of 1 hp, then the Jedi can start healing himself back up once an hour, along with yourself
    Last edited by Narthlotep; 2008-11-09 at 12:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194

Flumph

eek Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

Asyr: If your using the auto doc (ECM 602 deluxe medkit) it grants a +4 equipment bonus to your treat injury. (has a recorded voice and medical sensors near so it can basically tell you step by step what to do. It also has every tool for surgery from laser cutters to medicines. though after this it's starting to look a bit on the empty side.) After diagnosing the Mercs, two are dead, 2 will make it (stabalized) and the seargent is going to need a new leg (the autodoc tells you to cut it off and cauterize it, he is no longer conscious btw). You take care of them as best you can. Bouda is looking around acting scared and trying to stay out of your way.

Frae'al meanwhile notices that Cyrus is still bleeding from multiple stab wounds to his shoulders and theighs, but considering the depth of the wounds they aren't bleeding as much as they should. You wish you knew if that was good or bad. (once you get the autodoc over to Cyrus I would suggest just doing an aid another action (55% chance)for the +2 to the roll and helping Asyr... apparently Defel first aid doesn't apply well to humans, though you did at least make interesting bandages out of his robe.)

When anyone tries to call station management you get no response as there seems to be some sort of jamming going on. Might have something to do with the computer set up down in the room. (hint hint)
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-09 at 02:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrus doesn't understand what he is seeing. He can only guess that it may be a vision sent by the Force or people who became one with the Force talking to him. But he does know that he still has something to do in the world of the living, even though he apparently lacks the needed strength and wisdom. "Send me back."

16. - Top - End - #196

Flumph

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So you would live then?" The roaring ball of flame asks. "You at least have a sense of self preservation, but is that enough for what is required of you?" The being looks over his shoulder at the crying being of light, then quickly back to you. "What is required of a champion is strength, not of arm, but of spirit, indomidable will, perseverance, the desire to get stronger, to not be satisfied and forever push yourself, defy the odds, challenge the unbeatable, define who you are!" The being then gives you a sidelong glance and asks earnestly. "Is any of this getting through to you? Or do I waste my breath?" It then flat out states. "I cannot let you go back, but you can go back, Show me your courage, your soul, what makes you YOU and I'll not be able to stop your return." The lady of light looks up and begins to look somewhat hopeful, the burning cloak being seems to be crossing it's arms waiting for a response.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-09 at 10:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrus remembers his past, what he went through and what he could finally free himself from when he became a Jedi. From that moment on, he could use his power to prevent and alleviate suffering, bring peace to others like the Force brought peace to him. Thus, Cyrus does not need words to express what defines him, his face only shows his determination, his unwillingness to be defeated by a slave of the dark side, the corrupting weakness that seeks to throw everything into chaos. The only thing he says, to give the cloaked figure something to think about before Cyrus leaves, is:

"Apathy is death."

18. - Top - End - #198

Flumph

@Cyrus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Interesting philosophy... and not without merit, I see I can keep you here no longer. I look forward to seeing how this philosophy of yours ultimately works out." As the being says this the flame fades from the cloak, and the colors in the sky start to run togeather. The surface your standing on gets darker and less defined. As you begin to loose sight you begin to feel more, almost like your surfacing back into your emotions, reintigrating with your physical self. The last thing you hear is a snipet of conversation. "Do you think he'll work out?" says the lady of light. "Dunno, He might, better than most you've picked, calm under fire at least, though a bit trusting to fate." The cloaked figure judges. Then the lady happily responds "I knew you were still on my side!" Then a strangely seductive dark feminine voice says. "Dunno, I kinda like him too, he might end up with me..." As the two feminine voices raise to argue the cloaked figure cuts off both their attempts. "Enough You Two! back off, like I said originally it's up to Him, quit interfering." Both feminine voices then blend togeather in an "AaaWW come On."

Asyr manages to stabilize Cyrus, though he doesn't regain consciousness, he at least appears stable. Utilizing the remains of his robe he looks a bit mummy like, but it looks like he'll live.

What are Amira and Frae'al Doing meanwhile?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al readily relinquishes care of Cyrus to somebody who knows what they are doing, and goes to take care of something she knows-computers. Checking first, to see if the guy left it open, or some reminder of the password lying around-some were really lazy when it came to security-she tries to gain access.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the guy did not make it easy for me, take 10=27 to slice.

20. - Top - End - #200

Flumph

cool Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

@Frae'al:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC he definately didn't make it easy, he was obviously brilliant and paranoid. You manage to get to some of the unsecured files. Formulae and bizarre cult like religious ritual type stuff mostly. The comm jammer can be disabled with a little more work but it'll probably take a while as it looks hardwired. (no roll required... just time) You see there is some truely paranoid security on some of it though (haven't breached that yet it's DC 30) From what you can tell on the secure files they look like text files and some sort of comm gear program. By the look it might have some sort of holonet hook up. It also has a definate alarm hook up if anything messes with the file without some specific code being input, even 1 screw up would set it off.

One of the Files you can get to is named "Eclipse Station Intelligence"
    Opening it gives you a list of intelligence and observation files about the station, some even have connected video links, among other titles there are...
    The Station master's True identity, Mandalorians, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Imperials, 10% galactic mass, The Hyperspace Sargasso, Master of the Arena, The Red Mask, Black Web Mercenaries, True Sith sighted, Palpatine's agent, Jedi in white, Correlated sargasso sources, NRI agent, Vadduran Syndicate, Primitives aboard from non-space sources. Cantina's funding, Force sensitives abundant, Angrille mercenary fleet, The Station's builders.
    downloading or reading anything specific or trying the security?
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-10 at 01:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Frae'al starts by disabling the jammer, reporting her success when done. After that, she starts downloading whatever files she can. Most of it looked like junk-and it probably was-but she oculdlsort it out later. Then she starts slicing the security.

Everything seemed to be going fine until an alarm bleeped and the computer's security measures started kicking in. Blast! Working quickly, Frae'al set up a virus program that the security woudl be sure to latch onto right away-and it did. And became just as corrupted as its late owner. Yes!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-09 at 11:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202

Flumph

@Amira: What have you been doing the whole while, you have about 15 minutes to check out the doors as all this is going on. They've taken care of the wounded and checked the computer. Apparently they're leaving any checking of the doors to you.

@Frae'al: Uh oh. The Computer shuts down and a suspicious beeping starts... Beep Beep Beep ...

You did manage to get the files you were after, your virus delayed it long enough for the download. No time to check them though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Success at getting the files but you seem to have set something off anyway.
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2008-11-11 at 12:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

23. - Top - End - #203

NinjaGirl

Amira sighs.

"Guess I'll have to do the dirty work again. These doors give me a bad feeling. The dark side is strong here, and that usually means trouble for those who want to mess with it."

Amira walks over to the door that's closest to her and takes a look at it, trying to figure out what might be behind.

24. - Top - End - #204

Flumph

@ Amira:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well checking the large service doors reveals that they open to a very large tunnel running through the station. You can tell it's one the the major tunnels that circles the station by the fact that it goes far enough in either direction for you to see the very gradual curve, and also by the presence of the rails for some sort of long unused mass transit on both the floors and ceiling. You see countless doors identical to the ones your poking your head out of along the walls. If you were out there it would be impossible to tell one set of doors from another.

Aside from the back door up three stories that you guys came in through, that leaves the big reinforced blast doors. The sense of something very darkside continues to press against your senses as you near the big double doors. You sense pain, anger, fear, desperation, panic and terror from the other side. If you had to guess at something that would cause such a sustained level of pain and fear you'd say torture (having witnessed that and worse at the shadow academy) but the anger or enjoyment of any tormentor seems to be missing from the equation, so no torturer, or at least not one you can sense. The doors themeselves appear to be locked, though the panel to open them is right by the doors on your side, and there is no password or other protection keeping you from opening the doors, still... do you open the doors?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Asyr first hears the beeping, he says Thats not a charging beep... thats a count down beep... I believe we should RUN!!! and starts to drag Cyrus back out of the chamber, hoping that whatever bad thing that's gonna occur will be limited to that room, as it looked like Frae'al jammed the back door open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if I have enough time I'll drag the still living mercs and Cyrus into the shielded area around the set up F-web, and set the second shield up to help asorb any possible damage from whatever the countdown is counting down to...

26. - Top - End - #206

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I'll open the doors.

27. - Top - End - #207

Flumph

@Amira:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You open the blast doors, which indeed seem to be the extremely heavy duty variety you note as they open in three stages. You finally see into the interior and see the walls are composed of cages, some of which are inhabited by Vicious Ranats who begin screeching and scrabbling at the bars to their cages the moment the doors open. By far the most notable thing in the room is the black spherical hovering droid in the middle of the room. It seems to have central glowing red eye, a large injection needle and a shockprod arm, though currently it's just hovering in the middle of the room.

Behind the droid you see something more akin to a human sized cell. Inside is what might have once been a human young woman, She is shackled tightly to the far wall, and has what looks like black liquid slowly being fed to her intravenously via several tubes. It doesn't look like it's for her health though, her skin looks almost see through, showing veins and arteries, her flesh is starting to take on a twisted look, Her bloodshot yellow eyes when she looks upon you are filled with complete agony. Her mouth seems open in a silent scream. Littering the inside of the cell are what look like weird designs drawn in blood, strange crystals of red, black and violet color and the bones of what you can only assume were Ranats or small human children. Her cell has a shock field, apparently as extra security should she break the thick steel shackles. You see neither controls for the cages or cell inside the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

28. - Top - End - #208

NinjaGirl

Curious and disgusted at the same time, Amira walks into the room to take a closer look at the scenery, hoping to maybe even find a mechanism to open the cells.

29. - Top - End - #209

Flumph

frown Re: Eclipse Station Star Wars d20mod

@Amira: The hovering interegation droid floats toward you with menace as it says "None are allowed entrance but the Master." [spoiler] quickstats Def: 16 HP: 20 Initiative: 4 (I fully expect you to one shot the thing... still it's there, IF you beat it's initiative go ahead and roll your attack(s), as it's floating up to you, you may full attack).

Inside the room you see an utter lack of any visible means of opening the cages and cell. Though it does remind you of a test at the shadow academy you underwent, they locked you in a room and you had to see the other side of the door to unhitch a locking mechanism. (Farseeing/move object test) Though you didn't do so well in the test as you ended up getting frustrated and cutting through the door with your saber. Though that lesson may very well apply here as well.

You get a sense of urgency from outside as you hear Asyr's none too subtle "Thats not a charging beep... thats a count down beep... I believe we should RUN!!!"

@ Frae'al: What are you doing after the screen goes dark, you completed the download barely in time and now there's a quiet beeping coming from somewhere. Asyr takes off up the wall and drags Cyrus back out the back door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like I am nto the only one having problems with the forums...

What the kark! Frae'al exclaims. She had just trashed the software security into oblivion, so this had to be some sort of hardware backup. Taking out her tooklit, she tears open an access panel and starts looking for the source of the beep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, Frae'al does not give up that easily. I have a disable device check, and I am not afraid to use it.