New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Erfworld 128 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 116

That's a lot of uncroaked.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 128 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 116

Wonder what Ansom will do before the uncroaked waste away.

Hopefully he attacks and has to retreat so he can justify even greater forces.

And then the battle will be epic.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Ha! Trioxin! Return of the Living Dead was awesome.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Well, I had to look trioxin up. Mind you, it made sense...

Some nice finesse by Jack there as well...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Ok... just one question: How did Stanley get all the good casters. or is it just that everyone else uses poor casters? and yeah some of the dwagons lived.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm glad to see some of the other Dwagons were able to escape with the Tool. And the exchange in the last panel is just classic.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

so, i guess part of the delay was to figure out if it was going to be a klog or a comic.

And is that going to be all that Parson does in this turn? I dunno, just buying time until the coalition cracks while having Charlie over your head doesn't sound that great or safe.
    Or maybe with all this new uncroaked Charlie can't take the city now?
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Very disturbing. And awesome at the same time. Nice development on Jack - some key questions answered (how many dwagons got away), and the subtle hand of Jack in redirecting Stanley ("I have no idea how that happened" - great line.)

had to do a double take when we switched to Parson's narrative. I thought it was Stanley's and lost all sense of distance and space for a minute.

So do uncroaked have an ingame effect on loyalty or morale (is that a GK stat?). I'd think that facing the reanimated corpses of comrades would be particularly hellish in battle, but perhaps the game doesn't work that way.

Further, "only a few turns," seems to be quite a long time in GK time. Weren't there only about two turns yesterday? Or am I misremembering? It's been a while.
    Aren't all of us "not-nale"?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

So Stanley and the Foolamancer are returning to Gobwin Knob? Should be interesting to see how THAT tilts the battle...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NotNale View Post
    Very disturbing. And awesome at the same time. Nice development on Jack - some key questions answered (how many dwagons got away), and the subtle hand of Jack in redirecting Stanley ("I have no idea how that happened" - great line.)

had to do a double take when we switched to Parson's narrative. I thought it was Stanley's and lost all sense of distance and space for a minute.

So do uncroaked have an ingame effect on loyalty or morale (is that a GK stat?). I'd think that facing the reanimated corpses of comrades would be particularly hellish in battle, but perhaps the game doesn't work that way.

Further, "only a few turns," seems to be quite a long time in GK time. Weren't there only about two turns yesterday? Or am I misremembering? It's been a while.
    A turn is a day. and we are only on like day 4 or 5. and new info: there is a difference between hexes and cities.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2008-10-29 at 07:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

very evil...

and some answers, like for example a few dwagons and knights made it and Jack followed Parson's suggestion to get the Tool back. Nice.
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

It'll be because Ansom has exploded. Funniest line in a while, I think. Also, the mass animation spell is awesome (and awesomely displayed). The reasoning behind the whole process of uncroaking makes sense too: take your time, get a high quality unit. Hurry, and get a lot of low quality units. And as Joe Stalin once said, "Quantity has a quality of its own."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I like it how the unkroaked units changed their outfit to a Hamstard-Shirt.
    Perhaps a nice addition made by Wanda?

And ... Noooo Webinar and Dora *sniff*
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

I like the materializing Lord Hamster T-shirts.
    Oh and since he's sticking the units on the wall, it really doesn't help against charlie's forces which would attack the garrison.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Ansem is gonna have an Anuerism

That was an awesome comic, well worth the wait

They haven't swapped shirts either, they're still wearing the Radish shirts.
    Last edited by Moonshadow; 2008-10-29 at 07:32 AM.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

16. - Top - End - #16

Well, we're seeing more of Stanley's softer side here.

To hit the garrison, Ansom has to either get through the walls or the tunnels. We all know how the latter plan worked out, so that means the walls.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

It really shocking to see Dora and Strawberry Guy as uncroaked infantry marching in front of their troops.

Say, isn't that scene an interpretation of a scene in the Return of the Dead movies?

Quote Originally Posted by NotNale View Post
    I play an RPG, where you'll have to roll a check on courage with a huge penalty, if you see a friend being raised as an undead. If you fail, your character suffers considerable penalties on his other stats, which has an desastrous impact on his fighting abilities.

Btw: Check out the uniforms of the uncroacked coalition forces. They changed from the Ansom Strawberry to Lord Hamsters coat of arms.
    Last edited by Ronald_saveloy; 2008-10-29 at 07:41 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

I honestly think that this is the first moment of doubt in himself we have seen in Stanley. Obviously the fight shook him badly. Perhaps this will make him just a little less overbearing? Not likely, and yet... I suppose time will tell.
    My Avatar is Vinnie Doombats from the Erfworld comic written by Rob Balder and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

allthough all those uncroaked are on the wall it allows parson to reinforce his garrison to the point charlie wont want to attack, and charlie is probably going to wait and see this one through anyway (charlie is damn curious as to exactly how awesome parson is, the answer is fairly)

this will combine with several factors, Ansom cant win the fight this turn and will figure that many will only last one turn maybe two, Ansom is a cautious tactician until all his pieces are in place and the situation right he will hesitate and hope that Vinnie and co will either solve the problems for him or turn up and help

Charlie is going to have to leave soon anyway, Charlie brought enough archons to do the job with maybe a few spare after parson told charlie how many was needed, Charlie is going to loose some Archons if they are still there when Tool + Dwagons come home

When Tool + Dwagons get home Ansom is going to be spitting blood, well actually would make more sense for the tool to do that but still.....

Parson is playing a brilliant Xanatos Gambit hoping to put Ansom in a position of no win, Fortune who is backing parson is playing Xanatos Roulette, fortunatly that luckamancy charms bowl for breakfast seems to be working as advertised, Parson is having a good turn, and they are good for a whole day, i think other people's turns might just end up going parson's way

20. - Top - End - #20

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Hack View Post
    I honestly think that this is the first moment of doubt in himself we have seen in Stanley. Obviously the fight shook him badly. Perhaps this will make him just a little less overbearing? Not likely, and yet... I suppose time will tell.
    Probably he's just more at ease in his element. The Overlord gig was over his head (*snort*) and stressing him out.

Ok... just one question: How did Stanley get all the good casters. or is it just that everyone else uses poor casters? and yeah some of the dwagons lived.
    Casters seem like a resource you wouldn't want to risk in a combat stack in most situations. I'd guess the other sides have casters of similar quality (perhaps not Wanda-quality) back in their own capitals where they can produce items and work magic in relative safety.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Very interesting. The turnout from this is as follows:

Obviously:
    - Bad for the coalition
    - Good for the Tool's side

Also, however:
    - Good for Charlie.

Y'see, the only obvious way for the coalition to win this right away is to hire him to take out the garrison. Also, they might be willing to pay him whatever he asks, which would probably be worth the Archons he'd lose. And if the coalition wait, they know they'll have Stanley and his dragons on them again, which can't turn out well, so they might yet be rushed into panic spending rather than waiting for the uncroaked to fall apart. Not a bad situation, for him... the only way it would seem likely to turn out wrong is if he somehow fails to notice the Stat increase of the Tool's troops from Parson's sword, in which case he might underestimate what he needs for the garrison.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Stanley has no idea what's been going on in GK since he left. He's going to be over the moon when he sees just how effective Parson has been!

Also. Best. Move. Ever displaying your 'trophy' dead on the walls :) Ansom might just order a charge without even checking to see if people will follow him. It's certainly an invitation for Ansom's pliers.
    GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

''Never argue with idiots, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.''

''Common sense is very uncommon.''

''It ain't sin if you crack a few laws now and then, just so long as you don't break any.''

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PePe_QuiCoSE View Post
    so, i guess part of the delay was to figure out if it was going to be a klog or a comic.
    Not really. This was one of those pages where Rob writes "Wanda uncroaks a boop load of Jestone troops. Oh, and their armor changes color with the Hamster crest." Takes mere seconds to write. Takes freaking HOURS to draw and color.
    Jamie Noguchi, artist and co-creator of Erfworld and evil monkey responsible for Angry Zen Master.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jami View Post
    Not really. This was one of those pages where Rob writes "Wanda uncroaks a boop load of Jestone troops. Oh, and their armor changes color with the Hamster crest." Takes mere seconds to write. Takes freaking HOURS to draw and color.
    Beautiful! The radishes turning into hamsters in the Jetstone armor is a beautiful touch!

Go Wanda!
    Last edited by teratorn; 2008-10-29 at 08:01 AM.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfool View Post
    Very interesting. The turnout from this is as follows:

Obviously:
    - Bad for the coalition
    - Good for the Tool's side

Also, however:
    - Good for Charlie.

Y'see, the only obvious way for the coalition to win this right away is to hire him to take out the garrison. Also, they might be willing to pay him whatever he asks, which would probably be worth the Archons he'd lose. And if the coalition wait, they know they'll have Stanley and his dragons on them again, which can't turn out well, so they might yet be rushed into panic spending rather than waiting for the uncroaked to fall apart. Not a bad situation, for him... the only way it would seem likely to turn out wrong is if he somehow fails to notice the Stat increase of the Tool's troops from Parson's sword, in which case he might underestimate what he needs for the garrison.
    Charlie won't get involved at this point, he's busy making more popcorn. Parson has a greater chance of beating Ansom then he did before and Charlie was willing to wait then. Why does he have to risk his own troops in any form when he can let them fight it out and take on the weakened survivor?

Charlie can just make Ansom an offer he can't accept like he did with TV. Or demand Ansom's pliers for his help taking down GK.

The Coalition don't know where Stanley is heading to for certain at the moment, all they know is he bugged out of GK and abandoned his flight west.
    Last edited by MattR; 2008-10-29 at 08:01 AM.
    GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

''Never argue with idiots, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.''

''It ain't sin if you crack a few laws now and then, just so long as you don't break any.''

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAngel View Post
    It'll be because Ansom has exploded. Funniest line in a while, I think. Also, the mass animation spell is awesome (and awesomely displayed). The reasoning behind the whole process of uncroaking makes sense too: take your time, get a high quality unit. Hurry, and get a lot of low quality units. And as Joe Stalin once said, "Quantity has a quality of its own."
    Also, the reference to bonus seems to indicate that Wanda is using the same trick that Vinnie and co used with the bats.

All the uncroaked will presumably have Parson's leadship bonus (was that boosted with the sword?) and also possibly Stanley's tool bonus when/if he gets back.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

I guess Jillian will be happy, she'll have the opportunity to ram her sword through Webinar and Dora without having to turn traitor to do so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Can't wait for Stanley to see the legion of uncroaked soldiers!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

A victory for Parson is a victory for Stanley, all this will do is reinforce his belief in the Titans destiny for him.

Which direction did Gandalf arrive from when he helped turn the tide at the battle of the Hornburg? I think it was from the west
    Last edited by MattR; 2008-10-29 at 08:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

So now the million dollar question is this chevok's gun of cancelling about to be fired?

Secondly will the coalition still hold solid, I mean their attack failed in the most spectacular method possible.

Also liked the last frame, with the two poses. And the reanimation frame was great too.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC