New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Faith Healer (Call of Cthulhu)

The waiter nods at Father Gregory and leaves. A few minutes later, he comes back with a hot dog for the priest.

"There you go. Just let me know if you need anything else," says the waiter. He then walks away, leaving the gentlemen to their discussion again.

((OOC: Bornagain, the attention to detail and description are appreciated, but try not to control things like the weather or NPCs too much. Good posts, though))

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

"I know some people who might know a thing or two, so after I hit city hall I can see what I can do" Charles says

Charles heads off in the direction of city hall, wondering where this case could take him, and weather Cyrus has finally gone off his rocker. Stoping to light a cigarette, he stands and watches the pedestrians going back and forth.
    <Wonder what Cyrus is paying us for this> Charles wonders silently to himself, <I guess, it doesn't really matter though.>

"Hello, where are public records?" Charles asks at the front desk of city hall.
    Why settle for the lesser evil? Cthulhu for President.

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
    Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The clerk, a middle aged man with a dark beard, pauses just before lighting a cigarette. He looks at Charles for a moment, then sighs and puts away his cigarette. He rises to his feet with a grimace.

"Right this way, sir."

He walks you over to the bookshelves and filing cabinets which hold all the sorts of information you might be looking for. As soon as you are where you need to be, he goes back to his desk.

(if you are going to search for something, tell me what you are looking for, and make a Library Use roll. Be advised, each roll takes four hours.)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Finishing his cup of tea, Bob set about his task at the Arkham police station. It was a laborious job searching through the boxes and boxes of files for a small clue that might provide some insight into the professor's problems. Bob stuck to it diligently only pausing every once in a while to stretch his legs and make another pot of tea.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Many hours had passed and the prolonged focus on the small type and sometimes illegible handwriting in the many records and files he had digested, had taken its toll on Bob. He would have to call it a day. His searching had not been fruitless and he looked forward to sharing the information he had gleaned with his new found comrades back at the diner tomorrow. Before he left for home and a soft mattress, he made sure that he had put all the boxes and files back in their proper place. As he finally left the building he waved a quick farewell to the duty sergeant and headed out into the Arkham night.