New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mirrodin: The Werewolf game - Recruitment Thread

Inspired by Ravnica, City of Wolves, I'm assuming?

I think it's Kaldra, not Keldra.

I'm in, though.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

2. - Top - End - #32

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    Inspired by Ravnica, City of Wolves, I'm assuming?

I think it's Kaldra, not Keldra.

I'm in, though.
    Well not really, I have had the idea of this game in my head for some time. That the games started about the same time is just a wierd coincidence.

Your right about the Keldra thought, *goes to change it*.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-03 at 03:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

The game have now reached the minimum players needed but it would need about 7 more people to start directly, that was the number I was aiming for in this game.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

*bump*
    C'mon, people. It's Mirrodin, AND werewolf! how can you resist the lure of shiny?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

*visits*
    *steals shiny*
    *leaves a note that he´s in to many ww games already*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

dinner??????

7. - Top - End - #37

Default Re: Mirrodin: The Werewolf game - 1 Week Left of Recruitment

There is now about 1 week left untill the game starts, I'm going to leave the recruitment open until the 16 November (and maybe even the 17 November).

If you want to join the game then I suggest that you sign up now before its too late.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-09 at 06:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Default Re: Mirrodin: The Werewolf game - 1 week left of Recruitment

Oh, sign me up!
    I wanna try an ACTUAL werewolf game.
    Squee!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm in.

This would be my first Mafia/Werewolf game... I've read over a couple threads and am generally aware of the roles. (i.e. Innocents, Villains, Good Guy Specials, Masons..)

I'd like a bit of clarification, however: Glissa starts with the killing sword; the Memnarch, does he actually start with the Seer artifact.. or is it that he has a seer-like power, and *shows up* as ARTIFACT CREATURE if investigated?

So theoretically the Seer should scry him and get an answer of "normal villager" and Slobad should also scry him and get an answer of "artifact creature," to get past his disguise?

Also: What happens if Glissa is defended with the artifact--does Bosh not sacrifice his life? What if Glissa is attacked during the night, but Bosh has the defended item on him--does he save Glissa, and is in turn kept alive by the artifact?

What is the order of actions? (Usually important, but maybe I overlooked the rules that made this question unnecessary..)

Will we get an alert from the story when the Kaldra Guardian is summoned, or split up? (Even if we aren't neccessarily sure WHO has it..)

Will the narrator tell us what artifacts, if any, a killed person had?

Will we be told if the artifacts were passed around during the night?

Again, this is my first sign up, so I may be a bit nervous/noobish and chatty..

EDIT: Am I correct in assuming that anybody hit with the mob vote is D-E-D, dead? No matter their protection or guardians or powers, do not pass Go, do not collect 200$?
    Last edited by Aether; 2008-11-12 at 01:46 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

All reasonable and sound questions.

I'll go grab a large, pointy stick and awaken Shadowcaller.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    I'm in.

This would be my first Mafia/Werewolf game... I've read over a couple threads and am generally aware of the roles. (i.e. Innocents, Villains, Good Guy Specials, Masons..)

I'd like a bit of clarification, however: Glissa starts with the killing sword; the Memnarch, does he actually start with the Seer artifact.. or is it that he has a seer-like power, and *shows up* as ARTIFACT CREATURE if investigated?

So theoretically the Seer should scry him and get an answer of "normal villager" and Slobad should also scry him and get an answer of "artifact creature," to get past his disguise?

Also: What happens if Glissa is defended with the artifact--does Bosh not sacrifice his life? What if Glissa is attacked during the night, but Bosh has the defended item on him--does he save Glissa, and is in turn kept alive by the artifact?

What is the order of actions? (Usually important, but maybe I overlooked the rules that made this question unnecessary..)

Will we get an alert from the story when the Kaldra Guardian is summoned, or split up? (Even if we aren't neccessarily sure WHO has it..)

Will the narrator tell us what artifacts, if any, a killed person had?

Will we be told if the artifacts were passed around during the night?

Again, this is my first sign up, so I may be a bit nervous/noobish and chatty..

EDIT: Am I correct in assuming that anybody hit with the mob vote is D-E-D, dead? No matter their protection or guardians or powers, do not pass Go, do not collect 200$?
    Yes, Memnarch's power is not artifact based but he still shows up as a artifact creature if he is investegated by Slobad.
    The seer with the helm would see Memnarch as a Villager and Slobad would see him as a artifact creature as you said.

If Glissa would be protected the same night she is the target of a night-kill it will not trigger Bosh ability and make him sacrifice himself (and Glissa will survive the night too of course).
    If Bosh would be protected the same night Glissa is targeted by the night-kill, Bosh would not die and neither would Glissa. But it would not trigger his special sacrifice ability.

Edit: Rule change, If Bosh would be protected the same night Glissa is the target of a night kill Bosh will still sacrifice himself and trigger his special ability. This is to avoid "double-protection" that will protect both Bosh and Glissa if the baner would protect Bosh during the night.

The order of actions are not really that important, since all seer investigate results come at the end of the night anyway.
    If there would be a "order" the protection action would come first and then the night kill and the swords killing ability.

If the Keldra Guardian would be summoned the narrators will tell the players this, the same thing if it would be split. But you will of course not be told who "summoned" it.

The players will not be told if a artifact is moved to another player during the night but you will be told if a killed player had a artifact and what kind of artifact he/she had.

The protection actions are for night kills only, no kind of protection in this game would protect you from a lynch.

Its good that you are asking these questions, otherwise other players (even some of the more experienced ones) would ask them once the game have started.
    Now I can clarify all the rules in time so no players need to ask me of this when the game is already underway.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-12 at 05:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mirrodin: The Werewolf game - 5 Days left of Recruitment

hey, I'm new, and I would like to join. Sweet.
    Last edited by wolflord; 2008-11-16 at 01:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Default Re: Mirrodin: The Werewolf game - Game Started!

The Multiverse, a infinite space of a endless number of dimensions and realities, here the remnants of Jenova fought against the now extincted Tallus, in Ravnica the guild war still wages and in the world of gods the last egyptian gods are losing their foothold on the world.

But removed from all of these events in a small pocket plane lies the metal world of Mirrodin.
    Here a experiment have been issued, creatures from different planes have all been taken here to bring life to this otherwise lifeless plane.
    A entire Eco-system have been created for a experiment, a experiment created by Memnarch, the guardian of Mirrodin.

We travel to the ground level of Mirrodin and then we go trough it. Deep within Mirrodin to the hallow core of the plane, at the very center, lies Panopticon, the fortress of the guardian.

Inside the guardians voice is echoing trough the halls, it sounds like he is talking to someone.
    There the guardian is, four metal legs, a huge container of blinkmonth serum on his head and looking at his own arm.
    There was blood on it, the guardian of Mirrodin was bleeding.
    Is this what you intended for me? Is this your punishment for Memnarchs failure?!
    He slammed his bleeding fist into the control table, it hurt.
    When Memnarch was made, was this what you envisioned for him?!
    He held his arm up in the air as a proof of his own weak flesh.

Once Memnarch had been like his servant Malil, made up entirely by metal but as the years had passed more and more of his body had been transformed into flesh.

Now his weakened flesh had forced him to build the metal legs so he could even move on his own.
    This is not what you intended Memnarch to be is it? To become a creature of flesh?
    He listened.
    Of course not, Memnarch has done good, always, there must be something else, have you forsaken Memnarch, your loyal servant?
    A pause.
    So why is this happening, why is Memnarchs body turned into flesh if you wanted him to take care of this plane?
    Another pause.
    Very well, Memnarch will find the answer if it is your wish for him to do.
    He listened again.
    I thought not.
    He drawn out silent followed but was broken once again by Memnarchs voice.
    But everything is working perfectly there won’t be long now, Memnarch knows were it is.
    With his four spider-like legs he paced across the laboratory floor to a scrying pedestal in the middle of the room. Moving with a considerable speed for a being bearing such a girth.

Settling down before the silvery pool he looked at the swirls that it had begun emitting.

As Memnarch stood there staring into the pool the doors to the laboratory slide open and a figure entered the lab. At the first glance it would have looked like a normal built human but a closer look revealed that it was made purely of metal.

Master? What are you doing?

Come Malil, see what we have found.

The being called Malil stepped closer to Memnarch and the scrying pool that now had begun changing colors, wavering into a dark blue color.

Images soon begun forming, images of a building, no many buildings, a city.

She is there, the one, the elf girl, see now? Memnarch have not failed!

Who, Master?

Silence! If Memnarch wanted to speak to you Memnarch would have addressed you!

Quietly Malil stepped back again.

Memnarch is so close now, has he not done good?
    He listened.
    Of course he has, Memnarch has done everything asked of him and more to that! And now I have the right to claim my reward for all Memnarch's hard work!

After that the guardian just stood there silent until he said, Well what are you waiting for?

What is your will master? Malil replied nervously.

He guardian sighted and pointed at the images of a elf girl in the scrying pool.
    Bring her to us.

Malil bowed and hurried to obey his masters will.

He marched across the curved corridors of Panopticon down in the elevator that lead up to the ground level of the fortress.
    Out the Windows, at the center of Mirrodin, a huge ball of blue-white mana floated above everything. Below that, the ground curved up in every direction encircling the glowing sphere and eventually meeting itself on the other side, forming both the floor and the ceiling of the interior.

Pointy chrome towers, called mycosynth, rose from the ground, reaching up like gnarled, sharpened fingers gasping for the ball of power above them.

Soon the elevator slowed down and eventually stopped. Malil walked down a short ramp to a room filled with metal creatures.
    Each creature had different weapons, some were small but agile others were larger but had more physical strength.

But each one of them had been created by Memnarch for a single purpose, to carry out his will.
    They crouched, quietly ready and loyal, prepared to stay where they were for an eternity or cut down an army at a moment’s notice.

Malil smiled. Open the gates, The Guardian wishes us to bring back an elf!

And soon within all the various regions of Mirrodin there was levelers, Myrs, Reclaimers, and some even more sinister machines. All looking for something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Starts with a Day that will end in about 72 Hours

Remember that you if you want can move from one region of Mirrodin to another by PM'ing the narrators. The regions have no real game play effect but please try to only RP with players within your region.

In the game scry interface is going to be keept and during the first day of the game a player needs atleast 25 % of the votes to get lynched.

And as I said in the last post but deleted, I removed Raksha Golden Cub (Alpha Mason) from the game.

The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Q: And on resolving kills, come day time I've seen it done several ways. So is the cause of death revealed on death?

1 A: The cause of death is revealed on death, so players will know if it was the sword or the wolfs that killed a player during the night.

2 Q: If a kill on Glisa is stopped by Bosh what is revealed?

2 A: If Glissa is targeted by a night kill and Bosh sacrifice himself to stop it the name of Bosh will be revealed (since he dies) but not the name of Glissa.

3 Q: If the sword is used on Memnarch what is all revealed?

3 A: If Memnarch was targeted by the Sword nothing will be revealed in the narration. The only one that will learn this is the player that used the sword that night.

4 Q: If a kill is baned what is all revealed?

4 A: The name of the baned player will only be revealed if the player with the baning artifact wants it to be revealed. We will tell this to all the players that get the shield.

5 Q: Okay on the eater of days, is everyone supposed to send in a night action for day one, and a night action for night two, and then the nights are resolved in succesion. I.E. If the baner is killed on with one action does is the baner's second action no longer valid?

5 A: If the baner is killed during the first night (assuming he not baned himself that night) the second night action during the double night will no longer be vaild.

6 Q: Does the eater of days, and Memnarch get to vote on the night kill, even though the rules don't quite say that?

6 A: Yes, the eater of days and Memnarch will be able to vote for night kills even thought I did not mention this in the rules...

7 Q: Also when one of their own gets targeted of a night kill, what is revealed in the narration?

7 A: If the wolfs targeted one of their own the narration will simply say that no players was killed during this night.

8 Q: It says menanarch has a one-shot recruitment by killing Glissa. How does that work exactly?

8 A: Well if the Minions kills Glissa when Memnarch is still alive they can use a recruitment attempt on a selected player during the night.

At the end of the night they used the recruitment attempt they will see if the player they used it on accepted it or declined it.

If the player is not a Inhbitant of Mirrodin the recruitment attempt will fail AKA the player can't accept it (since it only can recruit villagers).

The recruitment attempt can be used until someone accepts it, then its gone.

9 Q: Glissa starts with the killing sword; Memnarch, does he actually start with the Seer artifact.. or is it that he has a seer-like power, and *shows up* as ARTIFACT CREATURE if investigated?

9 A: Yes, Memnarch's power is not artifact based but he still shows up as a artifact creature if he is investegated by Slobad.
    The seer with the helm would see Memnarch as a Villager and Slobad would see him as a artifact creature as you said.

10 Q: What happens if Glissa is defended with the artifact--does Bosh not sacrifice his life? What if Glissa is attacked during the night, but Bosh has the defended item on him--does he save Glissa, and is in turn kept alive by the artifact?

10 A: If Bosh would be protected the same night Glissa is the target of a night kill Bosh will still sacrifice himself and trigger his special ability. This is to avoid "double-protection" that will protect both Bosh and Glissa if the baner would protect Bosh during the night.

11 Q: Will we get an alert from the story when the Kaldra Guardian is summoned, or split up? (Even if we aren't neccessarily sure WHO has it..)

11 A: If the Keldra Guardian would be summoned the narrators will tell the players this, the same thing if it would be split. But you will of course not be told who "summoned" it.

12 Q: Will the narrator tell us what artifacts, if any, a killed person had? And will we be told if the artifacts were passed around during the night?

12 A: The players will not be told if a artifact is moved to another player during the night but you will be told if a killed player had a artifact and what kind of artifact he/she had.

13 Q: Who gets the artifacts if both the minions and Glissa target the same person for night kill, and that person happens to have an artifact?

13 A: The Artifact will go to the person who first sent in the night kill.

14 Q: Why are some creatures "Artifact Creatures"? Is this to make sure that the Wolves can blend in more easily (because Slobad scrys Wolves as Artifact creatures)?

Does somebody with one of the Artifacts show up as an "Artifact creature"?

14 A: Yes, Slobad will scry both the Minions and some of the villagers as artifact creatures this is to make it harder of Slobad to find the Minions.
    Players with an artifact will not be shown as "artifact creatures" for slobad.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-19 at 05:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Nooo! I've been forgotten!

Through a vast tunnel underneath the Quicksilver sea, a lone myr makes his way towards the Seat of the Synod. He comes bearing news. As he runs underneath the metallic sea, the many moons overhead reflect the light into the tunnel, producing an eerie glow. Finally, after what seemed like days, the myr walks through the last door and into the large complex. He climbs a large staircase, and soon approaches the many figures gathered around a table. "Greetings," the small metal creature begins, "I come bearing news." The myr digs into his vast memory to retrieve the message given to it. "The one called Memnarch has come to the surface, seeking the one called Glissa Sunseeker. The time to act has come."
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2008-11-16 at 05:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Woot I got in!

The bird of Hermes is my name,
    Eating my wings to make me tame

I is in love with an otter and she is very shady!

Please click on my dragons because I wish for them to live.

Dragons!Click here to see my other dragons!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is this going to be the game thread too?
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Is this going to be the game thread too?
    I do believe so.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

1. I assume we want to create the "Kaldra Guardian"

2. Whenever someone with an artifact is night killed, the artifact passes to the one who night killed them.

3. Shadowcaller has said that the person who sends in the night action first will get the artifacts if two people both attempt to kill someone.

With that in mind, I have a plan. Glissa can send in their night action in advance. That night action will be to kill one of the masons, probably Rakdos, since he doesn't seem to do anything special. This will assure that you get first kill rights to the artifacts.

How do you get the artifacts? Well Rakdos can come forward to the village and ask for the artifacts.

So either:
    1. Rakdos comes forward, gets given the artifacts, gets killed by Glissa and the Mason team is suddenly in possession of a powerful artifact.
    2. Rakdos comes forward, and a minion of memnarch also comes forward.

If 2 people claiming to be Rakdos come forward, then nobody transfer artifacts to anybody. Glissa can kill the fake, and I assume the wolves would kill the real. We will have effectively traded one mason for one wolf, something that I think is a pretty good deal.

Anyone see a problem with this? We've got until the end of the day to get this thing working if we want to do it today.

19. - Top - End - #49

The rust covered pole screamed and warped, as the pressure built.

The metal bent and crumpled under the full weight.

More poles formed under the iron shell, bending and shifting, pushing it upwards.

The rust-beetle screeched as it forced it's weight forward, through the Tangle.

It's movements appeared erratic, as though confused.

Surrounded by this much metal, it's senses were scrambled - life and inanimate objects became one and the same. It was a miracle that it was able to retain it's body parts, never mind conciousness...

((For those of us who want to RP, but don't know the material, can you explain the differences between the regions? I'm not sure how RPing in the Tangle will be different from RPing in, say, Mephidross.))

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

((I really dislike in thread claiming early. But some actual reasons why this is dangerous:
    -All items are transferred at night (and can't be used the night they're transferred I believe, but I'm not sure on that), so if the person is dead the transfer fails.
    -Actions have to target players not roles, so sending an action in advance like that probably won't work.
    -Keldra Guardian cannot defend itself so if found out and killed by the wolves, all items go to the wolves.
    -Keldra Guardian is not much more powerful than the three items separated and due to their separation are harder for the wolves to gather (the wolves benefit from a Keldra Guardian much more than the villagers do since they know who to target with kills.)
    That's that. If you guys still want to risk it, be my guest. I won't stop you.))

A fying sliver shows up in the Oxidda Mountains.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-11-16 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Hey Vampiric could you help me out with RPing in the Tangle i play Magic and know of Mirrodin but not sure what the Tangle is.

22. - Top - End - #52

Look at the Forest cards of Mirrodin. That is the tangle's landscape. It is made of many huge, metal trees, and there are many small paths formed into the bark. Mephidross is a large, flat plain of goo. The difference would be between your post and "The sound of sloshing can be heard far off. Several minutes later, a large metal beetle, covered in tar, emerged from the darkness, trudging through the viscous muck."
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2008-11-16 at 08:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I'm going to publicly stand against selrahc's plan, if only I don't want to gain an unfair advantage this early. That's the kind of thing saved for last second desperation villager victories... I want this to be a battle of wits, even though I'm unarmed.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

-Actions have to target players not roles, so sending an action in advance like that probably won't work.
    Glissa is part of the mason group. They know who the person they are targeting is.

Keldra Guardian cannot defend itself so if found out and killed by the wolves, all items go to the wolves.
    Well Glissa has an inbuilt one use bane, in the form of the Protector. If the protector gets killed, scatter the items among any network you've built up.

Keldra Guardian is not much more powerful than the three items separated and due to their separation are harder for the wolves to gather
    I think that's answered by my previous point.

All items are transferred at night (and can't be used the night they're transferred I believe, but I'm not sure on that), so if the person is dead the transfer fails.
    Hmmm... Is that how the transfer works? That could be a real problem.
    I would have assumed that the transfer happens, and then the player is killed.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    Look at the Forest cards of Mirrodin. That is the tangle's landscape. It is made of many huge, metal trees, and there are many small paths formed into the bark. Mephidross is a large, flat plain of goo. The difference would be between your post and "The sound of sloshing can be heard far off. Several minutes later, a large metal beetle, covered in tar, emerged from the darkness, trudging through the viscous muck."
    Ahhhhh. Thank you I see now. Now I just need to know some of the creatures.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Wacky idea 1 having already been proposed, here is wacky idea number 2.

We separate ourselves out into artifact creatures and non artifact creatures.
    The masons can lie with impunity, because no one can check their facts, so the wolves have no viable "ignore" group for their night kills.

Slobad scans everyone who has claimed to not be an artifact creature, looking for liars. Anyone who lies, is very likely to be a wolf, and can be killed by Glissa. In the process, he builds up a rather large network of people who can't possibly be the Alpha.

The seer can scry the ones who have claimed to be artifact creatures, looking for wolves.

As a village, we lynch only those who have claimed to be artifact creatures. As villagers, we tell the truth about whether or not we are an artifact creature.

It would only work if everyone was willing to give us a statement about whether or not they are an artifact creature though.(I am one. An Artifact creature villager with no items, and hence the mechanically worst role in the game. )

27. - Top - End - #57

I am also an artifact creature aligned with the village with no items. I am a lowly myr... Please clear me
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2008-11-16 at 09:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

I'm still not sure what is going on.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Is it me, or is Duos listed under Mephidross and the Quicksilver Sea??

Why was one of the Masons, the Alpha, removed? There are now less networked good guys...

Umh... Somehow this, uh, seems a bit flawed.. Is Glyssa meant to be the one to form the Kaldra Guardian?

Anyway... Glyssa starts off with one artifact. There are two more to be collected.. Hm.

Clarification requested: Do only Mirrodin Villagers start off with the artifacts? Or is there a possibility that one of the Wolves or Wolf specials randomly started off with an artifact due to randomness?

Anyway.. Now that I think about it, Glyssa is actually a very good person to build the Kaldra Guardian for. Usually if the KG is formed, there's a worry that that person will get ganked and the artifacts stolen before you can say "can i hav ur stuff?" But Glyssa will be protected by Bosh-- so she won't lose the artifacts. Furthermore, Bosh's sacrifice will prevent the next night-kill; during that time Glyssa will be able to pass off the shield and magic helmet to somebody else; the baner can then defend her (since her position's been outed) and they can keep functioning.

Worst comes to worst she can give Slobad an artifact, probably the sword, and use the Shield on herself since the Kaldra guardian is no longer active. She'll also thereby be defending the seer artifact--more valuable than the sword, IMO.

Anyway.. Um.

Hey, here's an idea for a network starter or a... something.. The Baner can protect him/herself!! If *somebody* is going to out himself or volunteer to draw the fire, it could be the Baner.. the only person likely to survive the night kills.

I don't like the idea of sacrificing a Mason because for some reason, the Alpha was removed from the game. (IIRC, he would've been immune to night-kills; the perfect spokesman for the Masons group!) The only ones left now are Glyssa, who has an artifact; her meatshield; and the only guy who can help narrow-down the Devil. (IMO Slobad would be the best at finding the Memnarch because the regular scryer wouldn't be able to..)

Things to think about:
    *The Memnarch might be able to masquerade as a seer.. or claim to have hooked up with the seer and been fed info..
    *The guy with the Baner artifact might be the only person who could possibly out him/herself and remain alive... thus he/she might serve as a spokesman of sorts...
    *Glyssa might be able to out herself successfully. If she outs herself, her identity could be publicly proven if the Wolves try to kill her and Bosh sacrifices himself.
    At that point we'll have confirmation as to the truth, and the artifact holders can contact her and start defending her. Thing is, though, I'm still hesitant of "sacrificing" a Mason to get a mouthpiece...

Confirmations wanted:
    **Can the Memnarch recruit only *villagers* after Glyssa is killed? What happens if he unknowingly selects a wolf to recruit? Is he told of the wolf and told to try again? Is the wolf about being the subject of a recruiting attempt?
    **If Bosh sacrifices himself, will we know who he defended--i.e., who Glyssa is? If not, we're pretty much boned. The Wolves only trigger his sacrifice if they target Glyssa; if they see Bosh dead, they'll realize they targeted Glyssa... or if they're scattered on their votes and aren't sure who voted correctly, they'll simply vote the same way they did before...
    **Why was the fourth Mason role removed?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

I just hope no one does what this guy I know did. We were playing Mafia and when someone asked how many Mafia there were he said, "well there's got to bo two of us."