New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Ravnica:: City of Wolves! [game begins!]

Welcome to Ravnica, a city where your guild affiliation represents not only who you are and what you do, but your family, thoughts, ideals and principles. Yes, your guild is very important to you.

In this city there are ten guilds, each a political faction in its own right, struggling to maintain control and power over the city.

The guilds existed harmoniously with one another for years. The counsel of elders included representation from each of the guilds and these members respected and listened to one another.

Those days are gone. Civil war has broken out. Assassins have become commonplace and friendship amongst guilds is basically unheard of. Each member of the council is dead. It is up to you, the new leaders of your guilds, as your first grasp at power, to seek retribution for the death of your elder.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen and anything in between, to…

RAVNICA: CITY OF WOLVES!

Narrator and Conarrator, respectively: Uncle Festy and Alarra

This is a werewolf game of political intrigue. Each guild will have the responsibility of rooting out and eliminating the two guilds that they believe are responsible for the death of their guild elder. The actual win condition of each of the guilds will be detailed further on. There is no 'common enemy' that everyone wants to root out as in traditional werewolf games and it will be your task to sway the masses (covertly, of course, since there are those looking to kill you as well) to your political agenda to effect the daily lynching. Backroom deals and hidden alliances should become the norm.

((Credit for all the fantastic flavor text above and in the Guilds section goes to my co-narrator, Alarra. Thanks! ))

The Rules:

The Guilds
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of the nine guilds below may use a bane, kill or scry at night. However, they must use all three before they can use any of them again. All the members of the guilds, with the exception of Izzet, start the game knowing the other members of their guild. Scry interference rules will be in effect.

• The Dimir
      House Dimir is often referred to as 'the Unseen'. There are many that deny its existence as a guild at all, believe it to be a story told to frighten children. It is a guild that exists in shadows and secrecy. It's ranks are made of assassins and evil necromancers.
    • The Golgari
      "Nature's most raw beauty is the circle: perfect in its continuance, with no break between death and life." This guild focuses on bringing the dead back to life and making the living dead. They reanimate plant matter and appeal to elves that have a looser view of what is 'natural'.
    • The Boros
      The Legion of Boros is the militaristic law enforcement for the city of Ravnica. They embody both community devotion and emotional fervor that can often make them appear autocratic zealots.
    • The Selesnya
      Depending on your point of view, the Selesnya Conclave is either a selfless, nurturing, spiritual group or a brainwashing nature cult. They reside in an ancient tree in the center of the city. They focus on nature and growth.
    • The Orzhov
      To find the Orzhov, the saying goes, follow the gold. The Guild of Deals contains both Ravnica’s richest citizens and its most oppressed. It consists of undead living their lives to excess and indentured servants trapped by crushing debt. Holding this fragile social order in place is a veneer of religious pomp and ritual, though few believe the Orzhov worship any god other than coin.
    • The Gruul
      The Gruul feel civilization is a mockery, an elaborate cage that suppresses desire and makes the weak seem powerful. The Gruul live moment by moment, and they “encourage” others to do the same. Once a strong guild, the Gruul are now merely a loose assemblage of beggars, gangs, and raiding parties.
    • The Azorius
      The Azorius Senate represent knowledge and law. They gain control by restricting knowledge, forming convoluted laws that only their intellectuals can understand. They care about the common people, but do not believe in such mundane concepts as civil liberties.
    • The Simic
      The Simic Combine is a guild of researchers. They spend their times in labs, focusing on progress. They lack emotion and social skills and are entirely scientifically minded.
    • The Rakdos
      The Cult of Rakdos is a guild focused on the destruction of others. Pain, fire, bloodshed...they use these tools to further their goals and destroy those around them.

The Izzet
    The Izzet are tinkerers and researchers, responsible for most of the public works that make the city run. They value knowledge and are the only people that really understand how and why magic works.

The Izzet guild has three members, who do not begin the game knowing each other.
    -Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
    Each night, Niv-Mizzet chooses a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) negative ability.
    -Tibor
    Each night, Tibor will choose a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) neutral ability.
    -Lumia
    Each night, Lumia will choose a player. That player is subjected to a randomly selected (usually) defensive ability.
    Alarra and I will have the list, but I'm not sure we're releasing it. The players having these roles will get more info about what their abilities can do, but not all of it.
    -Djinn Illuminatus
    Each night, the Djinn chooses a player and a target. Whatever action the player (or their guild that player is in) is using that night will be copied and directed at the target.

Win Conditions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cult of Rakdos: When most Rakdos die, they do so in a manner that gets revenge against the ones who slight them. When they're taken alive, though, they are brought before Azorius courts by Orzhov lawmages. Ergo, with the fall of the Guildpact, the time has come for vengeance!
    Golgari Guild: Jared had always had a philosophical opposition to the preachings of the Selesnyan Conclave, and coupled with the recent Orzhov crusade fund there are two likely suspects for recent aggression against the Golgari.
    Gruul Clans: The Gruul Clans have waned under the structure enforced by the Azorius Senate for over ten thousand years, and have been in constant conflict with the fanatics serving Rakdos. NO MORE!
    Boros Legion: Argus Kos set a good baseline when he killed Momir Vig to prevent the success of Project Kraj, and the military police of Ravnica have decided to target the Simic in conjunction with their latest war with the Cult of Rakdos.
    Selesnyan Conclave: It is as the Chorus has proclaimed all along, the assassins and spies of the Dimir have brought great evils upon the streets and spires of Ravnica. This, combined with the Simic Combine trying to plague the people with their false healing, and the time has come for a crusade.
    Simic Combine: With the loss of Novejin and Momir Vig, the Combine is struggling to recover. It requires subjects to experiment upon, harvested from the ranks of the Gruul Clans. Furthermore, retribution must be had against the Golgari for their lack of cooperation with the late Momir Vig.
    Azorius Senate: Leonos II, successor to the madman who had brought ruin to the Guildpact in a bid for absolute dominion, seeks to repair the damage he had inflicted. His plan involves curbing back the Boros Legion, and removing the last of House Dimir.
    Orzhov Syndicate: Selesnya draws worshippers away from the Church of Deals, and they only existed to sustain the Guildpact. With the Guildpact broken, the Gruul Clans are no longer protected from Syndicate slavers. The time has come, the Ghost Council decrees, for a great culling to begin.
    House Dimir: Szadek, Lord of Secrets, decreed that the angels must become extinct, and so the Boros must be eliminated. However, equally important is the annihilation of the Golgari: Savra knew where Duskmantle was, and may have told others where it was.
    The Izzet - The Izzet guild doesn't really care much about the political upheaval of the city. Their leader is still alive, and no one has been killed (well, more then from the usual scientific accidents). As long as they get to keep experimenting, they don't care who wins. The Izzet is victorious if at least one of their members survives.
    Credit to Ganurath for all the non-Izzet win conditions and flavor text stuff. Thanks!

Note on recruitment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    Just a clarification on the recruiting numbers. We will be 'closing' it at 30 people, and the next 8 to sign up will go onto the waiting list. However, if 39 or 40 people sign up a person will be added to each of the guilds (all except izzet at 39, all, including izzet, at 40),. If more than 40 sign up, they again go onto the waiting list. The idea here is just to make sure that there is an equal number of people in each guild.
    Player List (18/40)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Shadowcaller Lynched Day 7, Selesnyan Conclave
    2. Murska Lynched Day 1, Cult of Rakados
    3. Malmagor Andrigal Lynched Day 6, Simic
    4. Twila Killed Night 6, Boros
    5. Shas'aia Toriia Lynched Day 3, House Dimir
    6. PirateMonk Killed Night 3, Simic
    7. Ganurath
    8. Deathslayer7
    9. Haruki-Kun
    10. Reinholdt
    11. Tired N' Drowzy
    12. Emperor Demonking Lynched Day 2, House Dimir
    13. Dr. Bath
    14. Zar Peter
    15. Istari
    16. Darkcomet
    17. Banjo1985
    18. Radikalskippy
    19. evnafets Lynched Day 5, Golgari
    20. Recaiden Killed Night 3, Selesnya
    21. Catseye2121 Autolynched Day 6, Simic
    22. Selrahc Killed Night 6, Orzhov
    23. Dallas-Dakota Killed Night 4, Gruul
    24. Vampiric
    25. Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins Autolynched Day 7, Orzhov
    26. Mustiado
    27. Aemoh Killed Night 5, Azorious
    28. detrevnisisiht Autolynched Day 3, replaced by FF Fanboy Killed Night 7, Rakdos
    29. Hero 1.0
    30. PhantomFox Lynched Day 4, House Dimir
    31. Hap_Hazard Killed Night 7, Boros
    32. Jontom Xire
    33. Duos Killed Night 6, Lumia
    34. Dirk Kris Autolynched Day 3, replaced by Griever
    35. Vibrant Autolynched Day 2, replaced by Slaanesh Autolynched Day 6, Rakdos
    36. GAThraawn Killed Night 7, Selesnya
    37. Mordokai
    38. Helgraf
    39. Atreyu Killed Night 3, Rakdos
    40. DarkCorax Killed Night 5, Selesnya

Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-12-20 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Ravnica:: City of Wolves! [now recruiting – recruitment ends at 30 players]

Im in of course.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ravnica:: City of Wolves! [now recruiting – recruitment ends at 30 players]

I'm in aswell.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #4

2 ww M:tg games closed up? hmmm..

well, anyways, i'm in.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Count me in.
    Avvy by Bisected8

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitly count me in.

(Hopes to join the ranks of the Orzhov).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

In .
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

How did this evade my notice? So in.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

*follows your lead* in
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, but would it not make more sense for the win cons to be to kill everybody from 3 opposing guilds?
    i.e.
    Azorious win when Gruul, Rakdos and Golgari all die.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I'm in. Can't wait to see you narrate a WW game, Festy.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-11-01 at 10:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

In with slivers! (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Hm. Am I in? I dunno, I'm already in one and Memesville's coming up.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #14

I loved Ravnica. I had Niv-Mizzet as my background on my comp for a while.

Sounds fun. I'm in.

I think I found a statistics error, too.

Rokados only wants to be killed by one guild.

Selesnia wants to be killed by three. Maybe one Selesnia hater should be changed to Rokados.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2008-11-01 at 10:52 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

15. - Top - End - #15

@^: Well, not quite, but you're right, there was an error. It's fixed now.
    @DC: So are you in, or not?
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

I'm thinking about it.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sign Me Up.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in.

19. - Top - End - #19

Yes, I can... IN!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

In with similes

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, put me in.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

In as a lost and confused pokemon in the wrong card game.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in, as the Dread Slag
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm in. This was my favorite series
    Hey, I've found enlightenment. What have you found?
    Join the Giantitp bookclub! It will be awesome!
    Bishop of the cult of Belkar
    Awesome Avvy by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show

These done by Nevitan

25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sounds interesting. Sign me up!
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

Definitely in.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am in for this game
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

*Joins the game*

29. - Top - End - #29

Sweet! Just 7 more!
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't signed up for anything in a while I think.

So check me in..... Or maybe I have and am denying that I'm in to many games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!