New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (new players still welcome)

To new players: Sorry for dramatic changes in the status of this game but I've now had 3 people leave, so if you want to join go to:

OOC thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94772

Starting time/date (write it down, this is gonna be historical):
    IC: Seven p.m., Backertag 13th Pflugzeit (Bakeday 13th Ploughtide).
    OOC:3:51 GMT, November 2, 2008

@Tilmann: After a long while wandering the land, you pass near to the Moot. A family of portly Halflings is a short way off the road in a meadow you happen to be passing through beside Aver Reach, chattering in Halfling, pandering to 4 playing children who are running their furry feet off, surrounded by bits of pie and empty food containers and trying their best to stuff everything back into a massive picnic basket. As you pass, the woman of them calls out to you in informal Reikspeil. "Tallie! You! Yes, you with the hammer! Won't you come and join us? You look in need of a rest and we could do with the company, and it will give us a break from stuffing this hamper." The man nods in agreement and the children keep their distance, naturally suspicious of such a huge person.

@Orzax: Another pointless day. All the alcohol of last night seems to have made its way inside your head and expanded as much as posible as you awaken under the table of a tavern in Eicheschatten. Groaning, you get up. Another day, and no Trolls to slay...and what do Troll Slayers do when there are no Trolls to slay? Get Weissblitzen'ed again.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2009-02-16 at 06:39 PM.

...more scared of the living...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (new players still welcome)

Och..... Orzax moans as he gets up. Me heads spinnin' like......awwww..... he falls back down again as he has no purpose in life. Rolling back under the table he curls up into the fetal position and rocks back and forth trying to sooth himself. Finally getting up Orzax seems to be much better. Setting off to the troll slayers barracks, he finds the need of no trolls to be slain. Hmm.....this is strange no trolls around to be slain. Well better go find something to do. he says in a depressed mood. Grabbing his items from his locker, Orzak stumbles out of the small shack-ish building and starts to roam the streets. After 5 or so steps, he finally falls over into an alleyway and falls asleep.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

@Orzax: Before too long, a couple of young noblemen turn up. They have bought a packed lunch at the nearest tavern and begin to throw bread and bits of cheese onto you as you sleep in the alleyway. Sensing your groggy state but not noticing your weapons, they wake you up to taunt you.
    "Look, a beardy-weirdie, snivelling in the alleyway, like a little child! Oh, yes. They are little children - well, on an all-warpstone diet!" says one.
    "Ha ha ha ha! Come on, Candle-Head. What're you going to do, headbutt me in the knee?"
    "Ha ha ha!"
    One of them gets a bucketful of freezing-cold "water", which might not be as pure as the sellers claim, and flings it over you, sobering you up well and truly.

Make a Hard WP test to leave them alone. If you want, you can choose to automatically fail this test. If you pass, you stay on the floor in sewage-infused cold water. If you fail, you leap to your feet and attack them with your fists. The advantage of surprise delivers to you a +15 Initiative bonus. If you fail by more than 70%, you are so blinded by rage that you care not about the consequences of murder and so draw a weapon and attack them with that. You lose 10 of the Initiative bonus if you do this.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-02 at 09:09 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

I will have him fail so he can jump up and attack them with his greataxe.

You pricks, you don't know who your dealin' with. You have assaulted me and my honor, even though I don't really have any, so you have to pay the price. And don't go running home to your mommies, your the babies. You probably don't know how to fight. Hahaha*evil laugh*. This will be easier then killing a dieing baby troll without any arms. Orzax says jumping up and challenging them to a fight by pulling his greataxe out.
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-11-02 at 08:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

@Orzax: One of them jumps backwards as soon as he sees the greataxe, but trips over the other and they get tangled up and fall on the floor in a heep. One of them disentangles himself and runs off down the street screaming "Watchman, watchman! Help! Murder! We've been attacked by a Stuntie!" while the other pulls out his rapier and main gauche, calling: "I'll hold him off!".
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-02 at 09:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Wha? I haven't even attacked you yet. Are you that scared to actually fight me. Oh hahahahahaha. Ah, This is turning out to be a better day then I imagined. You guys are wussies. Orzax says lowering his axe. The watchmen won't show up, I know it. They would be too busy to worry about some troll slayer threatanin' some wuss noblemen that don't matter. They will prolly tell him to bug off, so they can play their games and drink their ales. Making a sudden move at the guy, so he would cower in fear and drop his weapon, he walks off to a tavern to look to see if there are job postings/people or things that need killed, so he can pay for a room tonight.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

@Orzax: You enter the "Bearded Elf". No double entendres please. A one-eyed barman leans over and asks you if you want anything, or are just going to waste his time.

8. - Top - End - #8

Yeah, I'll have an ale and somethin' to eat. Do ye have a notice board for people to post stuff up on? I am needing some more money. Orzax says hoping up on a barstool on the farthest end of the bar next to a wall.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

@Orzax: "Well, the ale will be 2p for a pint and also it's 4p for the meal, which today is soup, bread and pheasant and vegetables, but I'll give it to you for 5p as a bundle." The barman lifts up his eyepatch and scratches the inside of his eye-socket, then jabs his thumb at a back door. "The noticeboard's in the snug, through there."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-02 at 10:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann nods and walks over to the halflings and sits down it is strange to recieve such kindness from strangers, i thank you of course, what is your name? tilmann looks at the slightly frightend children and laughs no need to be frightened of me, i wont bite! and smiles and turns back to the woman feeling overjoyed to be recieving such kindness
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

@Tilmann The man, clearly extremely amiable, reaches out to shake your hand. "I am Dramfast Millpond, and this is my wife Bomflower."
    "Bomflower." his wife agrees, and they begin digging through the basket.
    "Now, would you like something to eat? We own the finest restaurant in the Moot and our hospitality is renowned. It is unacceptable to invite someone to a meal and not offer them anything. Right." He gets out a plate and begins to shovel food onto it. "Nice slice of pork-pie there - I know what you've heard about Halfling pies from street vendors but this is far from that standard - There's a cold-boiled egg, couple of pickled onions, bread, cheese and pickles. Now - drinks. Lumminide? There's a strange new yellow fruit from the New World, tastes of Orc blood but mixed with sugar and water it's a lovely drink - Doesn't matter. We brew this ourselves. Finest cider-brandy in all the Mootland. Now singles all round, is it? Well, I suppose that's a half to you - Doubles all round then." This is mildly upsetting to you as his incessant chatter is reminiscent of Beau Ciderbottom. He pours out pale orange-brown fluid into a glass and hands it to you - it is about three times the regular human measure. The Halflings down theirs in one go, and there is no chance they slipped anything into your food or drink, as they are eating the same themselves and you watched them lay it out.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-02 at 11:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann shakes his hand then not wanting to offend also (attempts to) down his drink in one, but keeps at it till its all gone, thank you, all this food and drink, ive not had.. a meal... like this... in ages tilmann speach slows down and gets quieter as he goes, remembering beau ciderbottom. after a second he shrugs it off, but is still thinking about it. im sorry i forgot to introduce myself i am tilmann frohlich. and begins to eat
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

@Tilmann: OK, this counts as Food per Day (Good), and you've just drunk three servings of extremely strong Best Craftsmanship Spirits. This counts as double alcohol per serving, but seems much less to Tilmann at the time.

Make two Consume Alcohol tests with a cumulative -10% penalty each time. Four are negated by TB, but as you haven't taken Consume Alcohol, you test at half Toughness.

Also, make a Challenging WP test.

"You heard of that nutter Orzax?" asks Dramfast.

"Complete lunatic. He kills Trolls...which I have no problem with, but he does it for a living."

"Which is pointless because he's always moping around whinging about how he wants to, quote, die and end his pitiful existence, unquote."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-02 at 11:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    toughness 40 divided by 2 = 20 2 rolls of consume alcohol (d100)[66] (d100)[8]

finally a chalenging willpower test willpower 35 (not looking good lol) (d100)[42]

sounds like a worthy cause if you ask me, the world would be much safer with more like this... trollslayer
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-02 at 11:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

@Tilmann: Ok, so you've failed one Consume Alcohol test. This means that you have a -10% penalty to WS, BS, Int and Ag. You also failed the Will Power test. This means you love the cider-brandy, which is delicious, so much that if the cider-brandy is available, you must drink it, though sharing it with the Halflings is required. This lasts until the bottle is empty or the end of the night.

"Another?"
    asks Bomflower, holding the bottle as she watches you gorge yourself. "Evening's coming in. Just another for the chill."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

why thank you. tilmann says taking the offer of another drink gladly, starting to feel the effects of the alcohol take affect... but he just cant help himself, it tastes so lovely!!! hmmm thish man you mentioned before, wouldnt happen to actually be a dwarf trollslayer? i hear they are feared across the lands for their willingness to die and no fear of battle, with anything actually, what i hear is they love the thrill of a fight... but im being steriotypical... of course he could just be alot more kind than that......... anymore of that drink... it appears my glass is empty again.

Spoiler
    Show
    half toughness 20 consume alcohol (d100)[95]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

@Tilmann: Tilmann is now completely off his head, and loses all control of himself. Luckily the Halflings direct him towards the nearest village. He has their brewery and restaurant address however and this could become a useful contact. They also gave him a taster bottle of the cider-brandy, which they usually gave to prospective buyers, as a gift, as he seemed to love it. He drank it as he staggered into the snug of the Bearded Elf in Eicheschatten and accidentally fell into the arms of a very angry Orzax, who was reading from the noticeboard.
    "Oopsh, I apologishe. Shigmar be praished. Shorry, friend. I've jushed had a few eelsh - alesh."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-02 at 12:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann clearly not fully aware of his actions and what his body is doing tries his best to stand up, using tables and chairs to hold his weight instead of his legs. shorry there didnt mean no harm or troublesh to you.....*hic*

19. - Top - End - #19

I'll take the bundle. Orzax says throwing 5p on the table. Heading over to the snug waiting for the food to get done he takes a look at the notice board. He then finds a human priest in his hands, stumbling back he drops the man Wha......? as the human walks off.

Is there anything on the notice board?
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-11-02 at 04:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann stumbles his way over to an empty table and sits down. he yells over (or to the nearest waiter) to the barkeep. hey, barkeep, whatsh the priceh for the night an tha morning brekfasht? and could i have a pint of...water he was going to yell over for more drink but decided he was drunk enough already, although he was given the bottle from the halflings.... hmmmm, no he must not, if he drinks it now he will not enjoy it as much as if he was sober... after a short while and the water through his system, he feels sober enough to stand up and find his way to the toilet and back... he decides that in his slightly more sober state to say sorry properly to the dwarf, as he looked like the type to hold a grudge.

tilmann wanders over to the dwarf (weather sitting down or looking at the notice board.) and sits in the closest empty chair. look mate im shorry..*sorry* about earlyer, was a little drunk you shee.. *see*
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-02 at 05:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Oh. No problem, I've had my fair share of drunkies if you know what I mean. Orzax says starting in on his meal.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

oh glad to see you under stand... tilmanns mind suddenly goes back to the bottle of "some form of spirit tilmann cant remember what its called but tastes nice" hey these friendly halflings gave me this before, ever tried some? lovely stuff! tilmann pulls the bottle from his pocket and pours a extreamly generous amount to the dwarf, even when drunk tilmann knew dwarfs could handle their drink better than humans. a fact proven many times but most people refused to believe. and then pours himself a more sensible amount and drinks it all down

Spoiler
    Show
    consume alcohol test 20 (d100)[92]

23. - Top - End - #23

Oooo.......Cider-brandy.........Ne'er had it before.........Looks good... he says between bites. Taking a break from eating he tries a little bit. Hmmmm.....Interesting. I like it. Thanks. Continuing with his food he stops all of a sudden Oh, I don't mean to be rude, I'm Orzax Helmridge Dwarf Troll Slayer. And who might you be? he says taking a few more sips of the cider brandy

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

i am tilmann frohlich, nice to meet you, i am more of a wanderer or travler theshe days but i suppose i was a priest of sigmar, and as shuch know of dwarfs an.... did you say troll slayer?! tilmann started to get drunk as he was talking but snapped back to sober momentarily when he realised what orzax had said

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry Xsesiv i assumed i had a bigger bottle of cider brandy than i did as i just reread you post (sorry, bit late now though)
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-02 at 08:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"4p for dinner but no drink, and 5p for a stay in the common room, and 2p for breakfast. That's 11p, provided you want to stay in the common room."
    All of a sudden, the door is kicked in by six or so of the town watch, with a young noble in the lead, with a friend just behind him.
    "That's the man who attacked me!" he shouts, pointing at Orzax, but then, noticing a Latin-looking gentleman in the corner, who is just about to slice off the top of his wine bottle with a rapier blow, points at him instead. "The Estalian-looking guy!"
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-03 at 03:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Remigo gently placed his wine bottle back on the table before turning towards the young noble, an irritated look painted across his face.

"My Name" He spat coldly "is Remigo Venichi, heir apparent the House Venichi. If i had attacked you, you would already be well aware of that, welp!"

Remigo brought his rapier up into a guard position and settled into a classic Diestro stance "But nevertheless you have accused me and insulted my honour!" Remigo Spat on the floor for emphasis "I Demand satisfaction! Now face me and prove your accusations or else crawl back to your barn and find comfort among the cattle!
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

The young rake pulls out his rapier and main gauche as his friend does the same. The entire watchman groulp draw their cudgels, meaning to intimidate rather than kill, as they surround the pair.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Remigo gives the watchmen a contemptuous glance "Your master has drawn steel, he has accepted the challenge, this no longer concerns you."

Turning his attention back to the young nobleman he nodded slightly "You chose the sword, very well i accept, we shall duel until either party withdraws their claim to justice. I shall face you in the street directly in front of this tavern in 5 minutes time"

With that he returned his rapier to its scabbard and strode towards the door, making it very clear that if the watchmen didn't get the hell out of his way he was going to do his level best to walk straight through them.
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

@Orzax: You know that this man, who was trying to get the watchmen earlier, was actually ready to get you incriminated. There is enough dishonour attached to your name, and you don't want a man imprisoned for something he didn't do.
    @Remigo: This is the man you accused of being a "ham-handed cretin." His father will not be too pleased if he hears about this duel.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-03 at 03:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann sees the little comotion and walks over to remigo hmm you stand for honor, this is good to see, as honor seems to be rare these days... i am tilmann frohlich, and have seen enough false accusation in my past tilmann remembers the troubles of years past, i shall not stand for it, good sir, if you would allow me i would like to help you in any way possible against that idiotic, rude and unjust noble. tilmann in a way didnt want to get involved but couldnt let an inocent bystander take the blame for something he didnt do, if you want my help i shall be sitting over by the dwarf tilmann returns to the table and sits down as he was walking over he pays the barkeep the 11p for the common room
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-03 at 03:35 PM.