New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (new players still welcome)

"From those what didn't need 'em, is all. They'll be better off in your hands, I 'spect." After this, Bernolt remains silent on the matter.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-09 at 09:25 AM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

The elf raises a suspicious silver eyebrow.

"Is that so?"
    He draws out one dagger to look at it, inspecting the quality, and scratches his chin with the point, a habit he is never to lose.
    "I thank you anyway."

He turns off to leave, leaving the Hedge Wizard with the rest of the party, who don't know who he is.

...more scared of the living...

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

back to the question, turning back to the stranger who are you and what did you want from me earlyer?
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Orzax takes a break from all this chaos, and relaxes under a tree searching for any fruit to be found.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

OK, that's an Outdoor Survival skill test, which you don't have, so roll against half Int.
    (Result in OOC thread)
    You find no fruit and only one suspicious-looking mushroom. If anybody has Outdoor Survival or Common Knowledge (Herbology or Alchemist) they can identify it. Otherwise you will have to guess about its safety.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-09 at 10:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann looks over his sholder and sees the trollslayer looking at a mushroom
    Spoiler
    Show
    half int 16 (d100)[49]

tilmann wonders what the mushroom is, and turns back to the stranger, but keeping an eye on the trollslayer
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-09 at 12:25 PM.
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Remigo runs a cursory glance over the newcomer, decided he could probably carve his name into him without breaking a sweat and pays him no further attention.

Strolling over to Orzax, Remigo sat down with his back against the tree, folds his hand and closes his eyes. "You know my friend" Remigo remarks in a soft voice "You seem remarkably calm for a member of the cult of Grimnir. I've met a couple of other Slayers in my travels, grim types, very intense. If you won't begrudge me saying it, you seem to lack the obsessive drive to die"
    In the absense of orders find something and kill it

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aye, I've heard that before. I've learned to control me emotions and what I say to people. I'm not the angry type, I'm the lamenting type. You see what made me become a trollslayer was a couple years ago. Me an' me wife got married happily. I worked as a smith and miner so I could keep money coming in. After a couple months it seemed like me wife got less interested in me. I found out later on, that she was sleeping with one of the higher ups in the mine I was workin in. I continued to live with her and provide for me and me family thinkin she would realize I was the one payin for the bills and food and that she would come back to me. Unfortunately, she soon became gravely ill and died before i got to see her again. Some of me previous mine friends say that the guy she was sleepin with poisoned her. I soon started weeping as my family died too. I quit both jobs and decided I had nothing to live for except death, so why not help aid the process. I've never seen that dwarf again, although when I do, I'll.....Well......I'll do somethin horrible to him. Now if you don't mind me, I will take a nap before we hit the road again. Orzax says falling asleep against the tree.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Did you decide to eat the mushroom or no?

Ravandil arrives carrying several tent wraps and blankets, his Elfbow, a hatchet for cutting wood, and rations, herbs and vegetables. His Kithband Warriors, in twos, are bearing in a cask of wine, one of ale, and one of Elven elixir. He tosses the blankets to the floor and the Kithband Warriors begin to put up the tents as Ravandil sets up a central firepit. "Here you are. It is exceptionally strange to meet a group that contains both a Trollslayer and a spellcaster," he remarks.

@Everyone but Bernolt: Remember, you don't know Bernolt's a spellcaster.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

wha?! a spell caster? but we dont have a spell caster? remigo, your not a spellcaster are you?

Spoiler
    Show
    i dont know that sigmar has blessed me to be able to use magic myself yet

tilmanns gaze slowly moves over to the stranger whats your name? are you a spell caster? tilmann raises an inquisitive eyebrow

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

"As is usual amongst Elves, a few of my men are more attuned to the Aethyr. They noticed this hooded gentleman's power as soon as they saw him. But it is raw, no formation to the winds." He pauses and coughs. "I suggest you do something about his magic, control it if not master it, because I don't want the Rotwyrms after us. If you have worked out you have the magic," he tells Bernolt, "prove to us you can control it. I want to know we are safe."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-09 at 04:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

tilmann decides to step back from the stranger dreading this "proof" that his safe.... knowing that the truth might be far from that

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"If you know how, cast a spell now! If you don't, be careful!" Ravandil is becoming quite agitated as he hops up and down waiting for confirmation or denial.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

BERNOLT (not tilmann)

bernolt, looks at the small fire pit that ravandil had just made, and picks up some flint off the floor (just let it be there for ease of plot) and crouches by the pit, with flint in one hand and the other is held towards the kindling with an open palm,
    Spoiler
    Show
    hedge magic spell, magic flame:
    cast number 3
    half action
    a peice of flint gives +1 to roll
    description: you cause a blueish flame to burst into life in the open palm of your hand, it lasts as long as your hand stays open or you cast another spell, the flame is too small to cause anyone any direct harm, but provides illumination of a candle and can be used to ignite flammable materials.

magic ability: 1, cast number 3 roll gets a +1 due to flint (but if the dice still rolls 1 with the +1 making 2, it still counts as 1) (just dont roll a 1 or bad things might happen (1d10+1)[4]

a small blue flame appears in bernolts open hand and he lights the kindling quickly into a nice warm fire.

(i can delete this post if you disagree with what i just did, sorry i took the liberty)
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-10 at 11:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Ravandil coughs in a nervous way; not worried for his safety, just socially awkward. He takes out his hatchet and gives it to a Kithband Warrior with a few words in Eltharin. "Wood suitable for cooking; that burns for a long time with small flames and much heat". He straightens up and talks to the entire assembly in Reikspiel, the Kithband Warriors realising it is intelligent and effective for those who speak Reikspiel to translate into Eltharin for those who can't. "Gentlemen, Kizthbandí, Grimnir and Caballero," using the Estalian term of respect to the Diestro and Khazalid to the Trollslayer to win back some approval and a reputation for cultural respect. "I am going into the forest to kill a deer or boar for some fresh food for our guests. Send for the chef." He pulls his bow from his shoulder. "Tilmann, I hope you won't take it amiss if I ask you to come with me."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

why no old friend i would be glad to come! tilmann looks back at the party wait here we shouldnt be long tilmann stops for a second i havnt met ravandil for a long time, sorry to seem so dismissive of all of you he says with a slightly guilty face, then turns to follow ravandil

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Ravandil easily strolls through the underbrush toward a stream as you struggle along behind him ripping your robes on trees.

Ravandil now has Int 59, Outdoor Survival+20% and gains a +10% bonus for hunting in what is essentially his own home, +5% for Concealment and Silent Move together, and +5 for Rover. Outdoor Survival test for hunting: (1d100)[17] (difficulty 99) (Well he clearly doesn't go hungry much.)

Ravandil breathes the tune of a ballad he recently heard through his teeth. "Tilmann, you are a good man," he says, clearly uncomfortable. He easily fells a large deer that is drinking from the stream with a well-placed arrow straight through the eye into its brain. "I can tell that that hedge-wizard is good as well." He retrieves his arrow from the deer's brain, sticks it in the floor to wipe it and puts it back in his quiver, then takes out a knife and begins to skin the deer. "Get him to a college, Tilmann, or at least keep an eye on him. No, you must take him with you. Colleges will recognise him from his Wanted poster. He clearly needs to be kept an eye on; he is not yet fully matured, and I don't know where he got all those weapons from, and I don't really want to know. You're not squeamish, I hope." and with that he cuts off the head of the deer and, using the strength imbued by a lifetime spent in nature's realm, pulls its guts by the head. He chips off the antlers and rolls them in the skin, then cuts a slim pole from a nearby sapling, inserts it through the deer, and grabs one end. "Help me carry it back, please...esteemed Priest of Sigmar. And I hope you become as fine a leader of Dwarves and Men as Sigmar himself was." He smiles.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

im not too squeamish, no, its mainly when many good men are murdered for no reason that i feel squeamish, and even then its for the fact i do not see how someone could bring themselves to do that, which is extra insentive to kill these hoards of chaos and greenskins... tilmann helps ravandil by picking the other end of the pole and begins to walk hmmm and yes, you are right that hedge wizard does need an eye over him, and i think i can do my best at this, but if he will not go with us willingly i will not force him, but i will try to convince him its the best to do
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-10 at 11:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

@Tilmann: Ravandil slips into his mother tongue. "Yrch!" He drops the deer and crawls towards the underbrush at the edge of the path, seeing something on the other side of the hedge. Make an Easy Perception test.

@Everyone else: A strange young man, four and a half foot high, turns up. He is too short to be a Human or Elf, too tall to be a Halfling (though he is barefoot like a Halfling), and has no beard or Slayer crest, so is not a Dwarf. His blond hair reaches his heavyset shoulders and he wears armour like Ravandil's.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-10 at 05:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    perception int roll 32+20 easy 52 (d100)[95]

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Ravandil yanks you down beside him and points through the hedge. "Goblins!" he says. "Five of them. Shall we get them gone now, or do you not want the others to miss the fun?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

GREENSKINS! says tilmann in a load hiss but not load enough to alert the goblins hmm i would love to take them now but i feel that would leave us gravely wounded, you go get the rest i shall keep an eye on them, as your tracking skills are better than mine, so even if they move and i follow them you can follow my tracks, ill make them obvious to find for you, now go quick!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Ravandil punches himself in the face as Tilmann stifles his hiss, nearly giving away their position. "Just..just...OK, I'll get the others." Clearly disappointed, he starts to put his silver hair ina ponytail as he traipses off.

OK, make a Very Easy Concealment Test and a Very Easy Silent Move test. If you fail both the Greenskins will notice you.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-10 at 11:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

good luck tilmann says as ravandil runs off, then returns to watching the greenskins, keeping an eye on them from the bush, hoping that everyone arrived soon

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Ravandil arrives at the camp. The tents are now made up and a large fire blazing. He calls out to his six Kithband Warriors and Orzax, Remigo, Bernolt and the short character. "Greenskins are here, five of them. does anybody want to come and help us wipe such scum from the earth?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Bernolt frowns. "I don't see no use in killin' somethin' what don't pose no immediate threat to me. Count me out." He then picks up a nearby stick and begins to whittle it with his dagger.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

"They will pose a threat to you! They are here to pillage the forest! Seņor Venichi? Dwarf?" The six Kithband warriors have their Elfbows out and the short person has a flambard shortsword out in his right stubby hand and a large cleaver in his left fist and they are all waiting to follow Ravandil, who has also drawn his bow.
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-10 at 01:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Strauss remains unimpressed with this zealotry and finishes carving a hole in the other end of the stick. Putting away his knife, he jabs the stake into the ground, tying one end of several pieces of hemp fiber, which he produces from his pack, to it. He then begins weaving them together into one cohesive rope, albeit a very, very short one for the moment.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

"What are you doing?" The elf asks in complete earnest, not incredulity.

"Ah, I see. You are making a rope. Is this fitting for a spellcaster? Should you not be using your powers for good, starting by killing the Goblins?"

Spoiler
    Show

Terrain for when and if the fight breaks out.
    http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=terrain.png
    What do you think? Better than last one or worse?
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-10 at 04:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Bernolt's temper flares for a moment. "What gain is there to be had in killin' that which ain't killin' you and yours?!" he shouts, not looking up from his work, but with a frustration in his voice and expression nonetheless.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show