New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Damage Control (T&D) IC

Spoiler
    Show
    RP amongst yourselves for the time being, once we're all here, the story can move on. You can choose to all know each other if you wish.

You sit in one of the many Taverns of Thorgord, a middle-sized city in the Kingdom of Blim. The tavern is fairly large and boasts the name 'The Whistling Pig'. It's early evening, but already the tavern is full of drunks, wenches and adventurers like yourselves. The only noteable person in the tavern is a large man by the name of Nor 'The Door' Unland, who considers himself a 'professional adventurer' and is quite well known in the adventurer scene for his great strength and mercenary like abilities and attitude. You only wish you could be as successful, but for now you just sit around a table, left to your own devices, awaiting some form of adventure to come your way.
    I drew this line myself

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Damage Control (T&D) IC

Fiach O'Llyan sat at a table carefully away from any of these strange human beserkers, sipping the wine that he had bought with one of his last silvers. The fox in him was skittish tonight, and he knew better than to ignore it. Yes, something of great import would happen tonight. Something that would require his skill and heroism.

He would wait for a sign from Feanoril to show him the right time to act.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #3

Almagaer steps rides through the trail on Sinnious, his hooves beating on the dirty trail with the sunset and the early stars guiding his way. The large equine halts when he see the tavern and the half-demon jumps off the bareback spotted hide and walks in the door. Opening the door, he doesn't seem to get a lot of good looks from the auidiance of drunkards, sluts and explorers (much like himself). But they slowly resume their debauched, relaxing activities and Almagaer sits down next to a rather heavenly elf. "Come here often?" He says, opening with a large smile.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Giving the unsettling amalgam of flesh and spirit a good old fashioned drunk and disorderly slap on the back, a dwarf responds from behind him. With a wink and a lecherous grin the Dwarf slurs, "They allcome often if thayuur here wifth me, laddie. Bipin'sth the nname! Put'er tharr!" He then proceeds to attempt to proffer his hand, presumably for a handshake, but we may never know, because all he succeeded in doing was to trip over his left boot, fortunately only just catching himself with his free hand before he could fall on his face. Unfortunately, when he looked at his free hand, Bipin discovered that it now contained the comely elf maiden's right breast. "Hehee, awfully forward of ye, lass! Issokay, Ah like an emp-*hic* empow-*hic* empower-*hic* slutty girl."

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach looked up at the white-haired one, staff in hand and twigs in hair, but a handsome smile upon his face. He gave the stranger the customary half-bow. "Not often, no. Allow me to introduce myself - I am Fiach O'Llyan, scion of Gwythan O'Llyan, scion of Blisan O'Llyan, scion of..."

He jumped as the intoxicated dwarf fell upon him, grabbing at his mail-clad breast. "Hehee, awfully forward of ye, lass! Issokay, Ah like an emp-*hic* empow-*hic* empower-*hic* slutty girl." His shapely eyebrows rose as he listened to the dwarf. "Alas, I believe you are mistaken, master dwarf. I am no fair maid with braided hair and comely dress, but a warrior of the hallowed O'Llyan line with my bow passed down from the ancient Donarians upon my back." He gently put his fair hand upon the dwarf's shoulder and nudged him upright.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #6

And lo! the Great Prophet of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, Kendrick of Aromathea, did smite the door of the tavern with his Holy Book, and declareth unto himself, Truly this house of Jezebels and Women of the Night is a nest of Sin! Guard thyself, Kendick, or you, too, shall feel the ultimate wrath of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears' holy fire. Then, turning his head once more upon the dwelling place of the heathens, Kendrick, Greatest and Most Favoured of Prophets, did espy a sin even greater than any other in the whole house, for in a corner away from the ruckus was a dwarf and naturally-minded creature molesting the hand of an elvish maiden, and behold - the woman was drinking!

Kendrick, Most Highly Favoured of Men and Fae, did, with the holy wrath of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, smite his way unto the table at which the devil-woman was seated. Upon reaching the table, however, Kendrick heard a most strange of confessions from the devil-woman - "I am no fair maid with braided hair and comely dress, but a warrior of the hallowed O'Llyan line with my bow passed down from the ancient Donarians upon my back."

Kendrick, barely able to prevent his hand from dashing the cup of liquor from the devil-woman's hand, was shocked to hear this. Not only was she lying unto him, man and Prophet of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, she also admitted to the possesion of weapons, a great and terrible crime in the eyes of the Conquering God! Realising that to bring her to justice would cause too great a scene, Kendrick satisfied himself with a prayer of forgiveness, before shouting unto the devil-woman,

"Tell me, Elf, you say you are man and yet have the appearence like unto a woman. Explain this to me, or, by His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, you shall be brought to his Justice for the crimes of drinking, weilding weapons and spinning falsehoods to a man!"
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"Tell me, Elf, you say you are man and yet have the appearence like unto a woman. Explain this to me, or, by His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, you shall be brought to his Justice for the crimes of drinking, weilding weapons and spinning falsehoods to a man!"

Feanoril on high, this night could not get any worse. Fiach could barely keep the dwarf upright, and now a priest of one of the human gods was yelling at him.
    "I am sorry if I have broken one of your traditions by having a drink this cold night. I am but a wanderer who has tarried in his errantry here for a time, and I knew no such law against warming the blood with the fruit of the vine. As for my weapons, my bow was crafted by the ancient Donarians themselves, passed down through my heritage until it was given unto me to defend myself in my quest. My sword is a sacred blade which cannot spill mortal blood in my quest, and I will not draw it here.
    Lastly, I swear upon mine honor as first scion of Gwythan O'Llyan that I have spoken no falsehood this night, for to do so would bring a blemish upon my family's honor.

Wait. Had the priest said something about being like unto a woman? Yes, he had, before rattling off a list of crimes. Fiach began to say, "As I said, I am no fair maid..."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, pipe down, ye ruddy so-and-so religious nut rackin'frackin'mumblegrumble", slurs Bipin with a scratch of his ample bottom, and a bit of a stagger.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

9. - Top - End - #9

"As I said, I am no fair maid..."

And yea, Kendrick's mind was put at ease, for in the creature's heart he could percieve no pernicious intent. But this peace was but momentary, for is it not said in His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears And His Greater Works, "Suspicion in matters of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears is proof of guilt, for how could it have been placed in the Mind of Man else by His Divine Intervention?"

And so it came to pass that Kendrick, Greatest of Prophets and Most Highly Favoured Amongst Men, did sit amongst the rabble and, avoiding the dwarf so affected by his poisonous addiction and praying to His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears that it was truly the greatest course of action to bring the devil-woman to justice, did say unto the infidels,

"I apologise, for so like a woman are you in appearence that, by the laws of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, I was driven by obligation to question. How came you to this dwelling-place of sin and barbarosity, Elf-Of-Feminine-Appearence?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Yeah, that's probably going to be a large character 'quirk' on my part, trying to prove that Raz is a woman. This should be interesting...
    Last edited by llamamushroom; 2008-11-03 at 07:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hearing the commotion, Tiffa looks up from the bar. Noticing a rather enticing elf chick being accosted by a group of men, she decides to back her up. About halfway there, she can tell there isn't any hostility, but she's got a good line in mind so she decides to go for it anyway.

With a soft smile, Tiffa leans down with a hand lightly on the elf's shoulder. "Hey, listen. Are these guys bothering you? You can come over and drink with me if you want. Who needs men anyway, right?"
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach raised his index finger and held it up to quiet the priest. "If you will excuse me from your conversation but for a moment, I believe this fair maid wishes to speak to me."

Fiach gave this fair maid who was not over-burdened with clothing a warm smile. "I believe that the dwarf is sobering and will not stumble upon me again, and it was only a simple misunderstanding with this fine priest of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears that caused the commotion. However, I am touched by your care for my own safety and invite you to come sit with us. It would appear that the pearl-haired one and the priest are going to stay at this table, and from the way the dwarf is staggering he is in no shape to go anywhere. Would you grace these fine wayfarers with thine lovely company, milady...?
    Fiach paused, to allow this fair maiden to give them her name.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Tiffa," she responds, brushing her hair behind her ear. "And don't mind if I do." Tiffa grabs a chair next to the elf and sits. Mildly confused by the situation, she decides to hold off on further attempts until she knows what is going on.

"So... your name was?"
    she asks the elf.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach gave the maiden the customary half-bow. "I am Fiach O'Llyan, scion of Gwythan O'Llyan, scion of Blisan O'Llyan, scion of Belin O'Llyan.
    And as I was saying to this priest of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears here, I am on a sacred quest to win the heart of my beloved. I hunt for an ancient artifact long thought lost, but I shall find it.
    However, your people's obsession with the base metal gold has rendered me without mammon in these foreign lands. I seek companions, those who would fight by my side as we travel through lands strange and fight eldritch beasts in my geased quest. Alas, those here seek the rudest of metals for their work and I do not carry any of it with me, so I was awaiting a sign from Feanoril on high to show me what to do."

He smiles warmly at those sitting at the table.
    "And I think he has given me that sign."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stifling the urge to ask what his sign was, Tiffa opts for a different approach.

"Well, I can't speak for the others here, but you can certainly consider me a companion."

15. - Top - End - #15

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Can't tell you how well you guys are RPing this, keep it up!

While you are talking, a man dressed in simple, muddy clothes enters the tavern. He has a straw hat upon his head and a stick of wheat hanging from his mouth, it's obvious he is a farmer of somesort. It's also obvious he's very worried, as he begins awkwardly talking with some of the tavern's patrons. After talking to several tables, he approaches yours and says in a bashful tone: "You... um... you wouldn't happen to be adventurers would you? I mean... I need someone or some people to... erm... help my township out with a bit of... erm... a problem. Could you perhaps... um... help?"
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

"Art thou in need of solace and aid, lord of field and grain? I would not allow myself to deny you my help, for I am Fiach O'Llyan, who is Gwython's son, who was Blisan's son, who was Belin's son. Whatever you ask for, I shall grant."
    Fiach rises from his seat and bows to the farmer with a grin upon his face. Yet another sign from Feanoril on high, may his name be praised!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateCaptain

"You will? Thank you kind maiden!" He bows gratifully, slightly surprised and not realising that Fiach announced himself as a son. "And what of your friends? Will they aid you in this task? Oh silly me, I should tell you of this task before I get ahead of myself! I am Wilfred O'Doole, a simple farmer from the small town of Peaceful Fields. It is about two days walk from Thorgord and the township is made up of several dozen families of farmers, herders, hunters, lumberjacks and other landsmen. It is not much, but it is a peaceful and simple life, well, until recently." Wilfred takes a seat. "Well, about a week ago, we noticed some of the fields messed up and some of the livestock and crop missing. We dismissed it as local thieves or pranksters and sent out patrols to guard the crops. Well... the thing is... is wasn't thieves or pranksters...." Wilfred scratches the back of his neck. "It was a drake. At least that's what the patrols say, or what's left of them. We are a simple folk and we are in no way armed to fight such a beast on our own. That is why some of us journeyed out into the Kingdom of Blim to seek assistance in our hour of need. The township cannot offer much, perhaps some silvers, some food or livestock, perhaps our daughters..." He looks at Tiffa and Fiach. "Or sons, as a reward for ridding us of this horrific beast. What say you, noble adventurers? Will you help us simple folk out?" He asks hopefully.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-04 at 04:26 PM.
    I drew this line myself

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sons and daughters are probably the best reward I've heard of yet around here. I'm in." Tiffa grins widely, clearly excited at this turn of events.

19. - Top - End - #19

The temptress and devil-woman may appear intent on good action, but His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears teaches that, though the outer appearence may be of heavenly beauty, the inner soul may be of seething magma. In the name of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, I will protect the farmer and his pitiful township, and by my great feats their sould will come to worship and bow down to His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears!

Thinking his course of action clear, unto the peasant farmer did Kendrick, Favoured Amongst Men, proclaim,

"I, too, shall help rid you of your foul pestilence, by the might of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears! The Serpent will cower in awe at His Divine Majesty! I will require but little reward, save the salvation of your unwary souls."

And so it came to pass that, in the House of Sin and Barbarosity, Kendrick Celi-digon-briddo-digon-heula-chan-celi-heula-anterth-bendefig-reis-hoda-'n-wridog-digon, Highest of Prophets and Most Favoured Amongst Men, did arrange a passage with enemies of the Temple; harlots and devil-women, and so did prepare to enter the land of Peaceful Fields.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Bipin, who had apparently fallen asleep facedown in his drink, wakes suddenly with a splash of liquor and Dwarf sweat. "Exshellent! We'll go and kill the dirrty wharterveryousaidthatwas, an' 'en we c'n come back here t' hav're way with yer daughters in less'n a fortni-*hic* a fortn-*hic* er...a coupla'weeks. Yah. coupl'aweeks, I reckon. He then pounds the drink down impossibly fast, before most people could blink twice, and with a repeating slamming of his empty mug on the table, summons a wench for more ale.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateCaptain

(Dragging Otogi along)

"Thank you all! We shall depart at once! We can use the horse and cart I came here on!" Says Wilfred thankfully. He gets up and motions for you to follow him outside the tavern.

After the short walk to the stables, Wilfred's horse and cart is located. "Hop on!" He said, taking the reigns. The cart itself was a simple wooden cart with a bale of hay in the back. The horse was more of a mule and was chewing on some hay, it looked terribly unconcerned.

If you want to finish up some business within the town, you should do so now.
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach asked the farmer to wait for but a moment, and ran behind the inn. He came out leading a magnificent white stallion. "This is Menelwys, my trusted steed." He mounts Menelwys without a saddle and Melelwys trots over to the farmer's cart.

"I must ask you a favor, milord. Have you or any in thy village heard of an artifact known as the Crown of Phoenixes? I quest for it, but will still assist thee gladly if you hath not heard of it."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Hm.... The Dwarf appears to be in deep thought. ...Well, deep for him, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Random Knowledge - (1d20)[8] Success! Bipin knows something about the artifact!
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-05 at 04:45 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateCaptain

Wilfred nods and smiles at the beautiful horse, but frowns and shakes his head when questioned about the artifact. Bipin is not so happy and his underlying fear of horses rolls over him. (Bipin, roll against your fear of horses, if you fail, you choose to walk at a distance from the horses, meaning you can't sit in the cart because your afraid of the horse driving it, apart from tiring you out until you camp (if you decide to camp) this is merely for RP. If you succeed, you can choose to sit in the cart, but you still won't approach Fiach's horse.)

In his fear, Bipin remembers something about the mentioned artifact, a poem! (I'll PM you the poem, it's up to you whether you want to say it or sing it some way, after all, you are the Bard )
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-05 at 05:07 PM.
    I drew this line myself

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Afraid of Horses - (1d20)[7]
    As the drunken haze begins lifting off of the ruddy-faced bard, Bipin suddenly notices that there is a large white horse only a couple of feet away from him. His body tenses up, and his hands begin shaking with fear. The horse, looking at him quizzically, sneezes. With a shriek of terror, McSloshed scrabbles to the other side of the cart, rolling over the side and landing, with a loud *thump*, on his considerable arse. Scrambling to a standing position, Bipin backs away as the cart and its companioning horse are 15 yards or so away, then hesitantly begins to collect himself.
    Why of all the- no one said anything 'bout no horses! The things I go through for farmer's daughters!, thinks he. With a shrug and a roll of his eyes, Bipin trudges after the rest of those with whom he has thrown in his lot.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-05 at 05:18 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

PirateCaptain

(I PMed you the poem, was fun writing it actually and you could of passed the roll, if you had:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    If you describe an action where your character succeeds through sheer dumb luck or against his own intentions, you get a +2 to your roll.

If you describe an action that makes the GM or at least one other player
    laugh out loud, you get a +2 to your roll.

If you, prior to attempting it, brag about an action mentioned in the
    Bragging Rights section of your class, you get a +2 to your roll.

but, nevermind, it hasn't caused a great deal of complactions anyways)
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-05 at 06:12 PM.
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

What roll are you talking about? I did pass the Knowledge roll, if that's what you mean. 4 is the base, then add 5 for a total of 9. I rolled under that.

Edit: Oh, wait. It's clear from a re-read of your last post that you meant the fear roll. But how could a 7 become a 1 or 2 (or even a 3 or 4, for that matter) with only a +2 to the roll?
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-05 at 05:56 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

PirateCaptain

(No I meant your fear of horses)
    I drew this line myself

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

^See above^

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

PirateCaptain

(Good point, ignore that point, did you get my PM?)
    I drew this line myself