New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Damage Control (T&D) IC

Shouting ahead of him, Bipin calls to Fiach, "DIN'T THEY BURY THA' THING WIT' THE BROTHERS??"
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-05 at 06:16 PM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach reins in his horse and gallops over to Bipin. "What? What "Brothers" do you speak of, master dwarf?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Shrieking like a five-year-old girl on fire as he sees the approaching horse, Bipin streaks off towards the cart."GET IT AWAY! OH THE HUMANITY!!" he cries.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach simply sits on the horse, blinking in astonishment. Then he sighs and slides off of Melenwyn. "Go on to where the others are, lass. I will be with you in but a moment."

His long stride brings him to the quivering form of Bipin. He gently lays one pale hand upon the dwarf's hairy shoulder. "I am sorry that my fey steed frightened you so. I acted without thinking, and I apologize for what I did to you. Now, what did you say about the Brothers?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Shaking it off, the Dwarf recounts a bit of the tale."There was a king whose brother killed him out of spite, and jealousy over the crown that he wore. Taking the crown, he fled for a long time. Upon his return, the brother visited the dead monarch's crypt and placed the stolen crown back upon its rightful owner's decaying brow. The power of the crown, and the brother's love for the king, as well as his grief over what he had done, brought the king back to life, and, forgiving him, the king embraced his estranged killer. Together they lived out their lives, and the holy artifact was buried with them."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

As if returning to animation, Almagaer makes his first reaction to the conversation before him. "Sounds like a story I knew once, but not now" He says, smiling. He then realizes that he has just arrived in front of a cart with some horses, a few adventurer that only a few he was familiar with and a man cowering in fear from the horses pulling the carrage. "How did I get here?" He says. "Where's Sinnious?" He asks, noting the suspicious vacancy of a certain equine.

7. - Top - End - #37

Kendrick, Greatest of Prophets and most Highly Favoured of Men, considering the words of those around him, was greatly blessed with insight from His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears - The dwarf, in his fear of both the Steeds of Succour and the devil-woman, has revealed his belief in pagan heathenism. He, too, shall burn with the temptress and devil-woman, for great is the sin of fear, it is but small agianst the sin of pagan belief.

Hiding his suspicions, justified as they were, Kendrick, Greatest of Prophets and Most High amongst Mortals, calleth out unto the distant infidels,

"Return, ye of great fear, unto the chariot, that we may begin the journey. By the might of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, you will o'ercome your fear."

Spoiler
    Show
    The bit in blue is where I use my Astonishingly Persuaisive power to convince him that he doesn't actually fear horses. (1d20+6)[15]

Or should that have been 1d20-6? So, either 15 or 3, depending on preference.
    Last edited by llamamushroom; 2008-11-06 at 02:21 AM.
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #38

PirateCaptain

(Actually, there isn't any modifier, you take 4 and add your trait score to that, which in your case is 10, since you rolled a 9, you passed)

The words of the Cleric manage to persuade the Dwarf, for now, that the cart isn't so bad and the horses seem less frightening all of a sudden. Still, Bipin's underlying fear of horses still resides within him and he constantly looks over his shoulder at the 'mule' pulling the cart, just in case.

(Almagaer can assume he grabbed his steed before leaving the town)

The Sun is rapidly beginning to set on your first day of travelling, if you want to make camp, now would be the time to do so, although you can choose to keep travelling if you wish.
    I drew this line myself

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tiffa leans back, looking at the setting sun. "I wouldn't mind making camp." she says, and leans over the side of the cart. "Say, um... Feia-...elf. You got a bunk mate in mind? I know its awkward making camp on co-ed treks, so I was thinking we could pair up."
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

10. - Top - End - #40

Having thus convinced the dwarf of the error of his ways, Kendrick did seek to rest, until upon his ears did befall a suggestion that did shake him unto the very foundations of his belief.

The temptress seeks to further deprave the devil-woman, and together they shall conspire against His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears!

Unto the temptress Kendrick declareth thus:

"Upon our meeting did this elf say 'I am no fair maiden'. For though it may seem to be falsehood, it is he- his word that shall be trusted in affairs of the body. Yet, in the name of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, should this trust be misplaced, sh- he shall burn in the fires of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears's Great Furnace for all eternity, unto the End of Time."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not quite knowing where to take that, Tiffa pauses. "Um... I wasn't really there for that I don't think. But... yeah, that's cool I guess." Recovering quickly, she continues, "if you want, *you* could bunk with me. Maybe catch me up on what I apparently missed, or explain more about that Augustess Truly Conquers Ears guy."

12. - Top - End - #42

The foul temptress has invited me unto her tainted bed! I shall resist, for though she claims interest in His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, it is but a ploy for me to question my unshaking belief. Pitiful creature, that has so vile and sordid intentions. She shall burn all the longer for them!

And so Kendrick, Greatsest of Prophets and Most High amongst Mortals that Grovel at His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears' feet, did reply unto the Jezebel,

"Away! I shall not, for to place oneself in a position to be tempted is almost as great a sin as to act upon temptation! Nay, but if you so wish to save your soul, I shall be glad to read to you from 'His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears And His Greater Works' as we travel. I must offer my humblest apologies, however, as it is but a traveller's copy, and a mere 4 562 321 pages long. The copy in the Great Temple of Argoth-upon-the-Wabe is of far greater magnitude. Shall be start from the beginning?"

Kendrick, Evangelist of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, did then remove from his pack a great volume. Taking it upon his lap, he did open it to the first of its Sanctified pages. Upon it, hundreds of lines did descend in Holy and Righteous Order, and they were like unto miniscule, yet great, armies of ants marching off to wage war in the name of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears.

"In the beginning...
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

PirateCaptain

As Kendrick began preaching the holy words of his God to Tiffa, you lay out your bedrolls and prepair to get some shut eye. Everyone quickly falls asleep as Kendrick begins a night reading from his holy book; he soon falls asleep as well. The night passes peacefully. You are awoken by the screams of Bipin. It appears as if the mule Wilfred was driving is licking him in the face, or where is face should of been as he is buried within his bedrolls, quivering.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-07 at 09:30 PM.
    I drew this line myself

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

((Bahahaha, that's hilarious!))
    Bipin stumbles, as quickly as he can manage, over to the wagon, deciding it would be safer to sleep up there, far from where the horse and "mule" are tied up to graze. Quaking with fear under his blankets, he finally manages to get some decent shuteye.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

In the brief fit of fear that Bipin experienced, Algamaer awakes. Even when the clumsy, phobic shout quiets down, Algamaer lies awake. The stars are bright and even their little twinkles are a small, faint ray that keeps him up and the sun behind it doesn't seem to extinguish the sleeplessness. Half an hour passes, so he decides to answer one particular call of nature.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach was awoken before Lugh's firey chariot thundered across the morning sky by the poor dwarf being assaulted by the farmer's mule. He sighed and expertly leapt off of the tree he had slept in. He girded himself for the coming day, and then went out into the nearby woods to see what useful and tasty herbs he could find.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tiffa groans, having barely gotten any sleep after her late night of indoctrination. You hear her weakly mumbling from under a pillow "I don't care if bacon is a sin. I don't care! I just wanna sleep... Please..."

18. - Top - End - #48

Having been wakened by His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears' great heavenly furnace that is burning the righteous, Kendrick, Greatest of Prophets and Most High Amongst Mortals, did say unto the Great One his Morning Prayers, that his soul may be spared in the coming slaughter. After the conclusion of the 753rd repetition of the List of the Smited, Kendrick did turn unto his rested companions and declare,

"Rise, for His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears has blessed us to see the light of a new day! Rejoice, but let us soon be on our way, for 'twixt His hammer and His anvil are the slakard and the meek!"
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

PirateCaptain

((Raz_Fox, roll against your herb trait, please))

You all get up... eventually... and await Fiach to bring back some food.
    I drew this line myself

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: Okay. I was just having Fiach refill his herb pouch with all those nice healing herbs, but I'll see if there's some edible mushrooms or plants as well since Tifa cannae cook.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20)[5]

Fiach came back out of the woods an hour later with a wide grin on his fair face. His small pouch upon his belt was much fuller than it had been. "Oh, these forests are wonderful! I found so many Afllak plants with the leaves of healing, and I found enough Hordevur to break our fast, if you wish to try some!"
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-11-12 at 06:35 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

PirateCaptain

((Is everyone still here?))
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #52

((I am ))

23. - Top - End - #53

PirateCaptain

((Alright, I'll just give this a little nudge along I guess))

After breakfast, you continue your journey. Bipin insists on watching the mule the entire journey, but otherwise stays in the cart. A few hours later you spot Goblins down the road. They haven't noticed you yet and they appear to be walking slowly down the dusty road, with their heads low and their hands dragging along the ground. You could choose to hide, although the cart would be impossible to hide in the small folige next to the road, approach the Goblins and talk with them, attack them or simply ignore them and walk by.
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #54

And so Kendrick, High Prophet of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, did say unto his companions,

"Before us come those who would wish us harm! We should put them to the sword, in His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears' Holy Name!"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

PirateCaptain

I should of mentioned there is about 30 of them....
    I drew this line myself

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Buh," Tiffa says, catching a stray breeze from their direction. "That... is an impressive smell right there. I would be totally fine if we didn't stick around and chat..."

27. - Top - End - #57

Algamaer lifts his head up. "Works for me" He says with a smile. "Think they have any jink, I mean, treasure?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

With a dubious look, Bipin recants, "Feh. Goblins with treasure? Not likely, I'd reckon. Mighty easy to intimidate, however, and generally, colossally stupid. (Colossally? Where'd I even get a word like that?)"

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Having seen the true nature of the force, and whispering a prayer unto His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, Kendrick did say unto his allies,

"By their numbers and their downcast gaze, it would seem to be more a village on the move than a raiding party. Let us therefore invite them to join us, that we might show them the true Power and Might of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, so that their hearts may be lifted. What say you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Nodding to Kendrick, Bipin remarks, "As odd as it seems to say this, I'm wi' him on this one."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show