New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Damage Control (T&D) IC

Fiach looks on in dismay. "Goblins? The foul hill-folk? Truly, there cannot be any peace between the monster-folk and the Elves. If we cannot drive them back to whence they came, let us be well out of their way, for it is better to trust the wyld sea than to trust a goblin."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Do as you will, but by His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, I shall convert them to His holy conquest!"

Turning unto the gathered Goblins, Kendrick, Highest of Prophets and Favoured Amongst Mortals, did declare unto them,

"Blessed are they who, when they see an agent of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears, do stop and consider his words! May you, whose knuckles do drag, be brought unto His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears Great Armoury, to be prepared for his Crusade! Come, listen, and Believe!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[11], for my Astonishingly Convincing thingy - partially to get them to believe, but also to keep them rapt.

(1d20-6)[8], for my Public Speaking, more to keep them rapt, but also to get them to hear me over a presumable long distance.

(1d20-6)[10], for my Fanatical Devotion - a little zealotry never did anyone a smidgeon of harm. Basically, there if it helps.

Taking from his belt a copy of His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears And His Greater Works, A Travel Edition, Kendrick did ope its sacred pages unto the account of Cadell and his time amongst the Medianites, and did pronounce Cadell's great conquest unto the uneducated!
    Last edited by llamamushroom; 2008-11-18 at 06:28 AM.
    Today’s lesson is brought to you by the number e and the letter 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    A not unblack dog chased a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.
    - George Orwell, Language and Politics

Awarded 1 Internet by Vuzzmop
    Awesome teacher avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #63

PirateCaptain

The goblins slowly trudge up to you, swearing amongst themselves. Some of them make rude gestures at you or throw an insult you way, but the individuals responsible quickly hide in the group when you try to find them.
    "Who's dat den? Who's dis His August... Conker... Ears? He sum kinda special persun?" Says one goblin. "Must be one of those King jobs, in the castles, you know!" Says another. "Na, that's be stupid." Said yet another. "I 'eard he was a jester!" Said another, out of sight. The goblins continue to argue amongst themselves for the time being. You haven't persuaded them to do anything, but you do have their interest.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-18 at 04:24 PM.
    I drew this line myself

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Puffing out his chest, Bipin shouts, "Right! You lot, what're you up to? You makin' trouble?"

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

5. - Top - End - #65

PirateCaptain

"Stupid dwarf, we was walking this way after that stupid Drake chased us out of our little town!" Said one. "Yeah, we had a real good life before that stupid Drake came." Said another. "We used to steals a chickens from da nearby farms, was a good life." Said another. The goblins generally nod and agree at this. "So what you doin' den? You off ta fight da Drake?" Asked one. "Bah, they wouldn't last 10 seconds!" Laughed one at the back somewhere. "I bet they could!" Answered one back. "Neva!" Replied another. An arguement then ensued about your chances against the Drake.
    I drew this line myself

6. - Top - End - #66

Algamaer steps forward. "Listen, fellas, I know how you feel about us. We're adventurers, we're the food when for the Drake when you guys aren't. But we're a bit different. We're gonna be the big guys, the guys who help you out, because we're going to change everything. Now, this Drake - not even a dragon, just a big lizard - wants to eat you all, arms, legs and all. But how about this: all of us, your town and our group, shove all those arms and legs down that big, ugly lizard? Besides, you can trust a fellow outcast, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Menacingly Charming: (1d20-2)[17]: To try to get a few guys to buddy up with us.
    Last edited by Otogi; 2008-11-19 at 10:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

PirateCaptain

((Ouch a 17, bad roll))

The goblins stare at Algamaer for a second, then burst out laughing, clearly not taking him seriously. Several jokes are traded about your 'special' group and the laughing continues for quite a while, before slowly dying down to the huffs and puffs of out of breath goblins who had laughed too much.
    I drew this line myself

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach sighs and nudges his horse forward, positioning himself so that the sun glitters upon his silver headband. His voice rings out - silver like the blade of Feanoril's sword, and just as sharp.

"The Drake lies behind you - death lies before you. Hear me now! Along this road you follow is a great town, filled with warriors and mages of great and terrible power. Turn away from this path you follow, ere it turn to thy doom! I say to you know, if you go this way none of you will ever return alive! Turn back and watch us slay the drake, or take a different path from this point. You have many choices, so choose wisely!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pleasing Wordsmith: (d20)[7], trying to get 8 or less.

If this fails, I fully anticipate the comments that the goblins will be throwing at the "hot elf chick."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #69

PirateCaptain

The goblins consider this prospect amongst themselves, trading looks and whispering to one another. "So... you'll actually kill the drake?" Asks one. "'N' let us live?" Asks another. "We wills helps yous defeat the drake." Said another. Slowly, the goblins begin to agree on the prospect of a brief alliance to slay the drake. "Awight then! Let's go!" Announces one. The group, talking amongst themselves, slowly turns on the dusty road and begins walking back the way it came, beckoning for you to follow.

Wilfred is surprised by the turn of events. "That was some persuasion you had going on there, let's get going." He says as he drives the mule and cart forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, from that little conversation you had with the goblins you've managed to persuade them to join forces with you, for the moment. However, the poor roll on Otogi's behalf has caused the goblins to lose all sense of seriousness towards Algamaer (that's a Complication, if you look it up in the rules) and won't listen to what he has to say, or at least treat it as a joke. Do remember to make use of the Special Actions, which give you bonuses modifiers to your rolls. The rules, if you need to look at them, are here http://www.1km1kt.net/rpg/taverns-drakes
    I drew this line myself

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach waits until most of them begin marching down the road before sighing in relief. Then he whispers to Melenwys and the two canter alongside the goblins. There is a gleam in his eye, and his grin is uncomfortably wide. The scion of Fflam O'Llyan had a plan, and that boded ill for anyone against him in his vicinity.

He began to strike up conversation with the goblins, trying to entertain them, see if they were as evil as he had heard from the bards and get to know the thirty goblins marching along. High Elves have very, very good memories.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pleasing Wordsmith: (d20)[5].
    I'll also try to get them to remember the fair elf who spoke with them, so Fey Beauty: (d20)[4]

...I am the king of T&D rolls. Finally, I can actually praise the board roller for something.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-11-19 at 02:50 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Bipin will take up the rear of the group, so he can keep an eye on the gobbos.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

12. - Top - End - #72

PirateCaptain

The goblins seem more than willing to talk. They talk about how they set up a small town in the forest, just 20 minutes away from the farms and stole the odd chicken or crop every now and then. They speak as if they are boasting about it. It seems these goblins are no more than petty thieves. You also find out that that a few of the goblins carry small knives and have sharp claws, something you didn't see when talking to them before. The township used to be twice the size of the group you see before you, but unfortunetly the drake has driven them from their home and killed some of their members. Before the drake, their were relatively few threats to their township. You also receive various compliments, some vulgar, about your beauty. Seems like that's all that's worthy of note.
    I drew this line myself

13. - Top - End - #73

"Well, I suppose a township of tricksters is better than a township of sheep." Algamaer says with a smile. "I hope everything works out for you after this. Killing a drake is quite an accomplishment for a town of any kind"

14. - Top - End - #74

And so it came to pass that, when confronted by heathens and infidels, Kendrick, Greatest of Prophets and Highest Amongst Mortals, had not faith enough to move oceans, and so secluded himself in prayer.

After a time, he took it upon himself to educate the poor, pagan savages, and did say unto them,

"His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears is a forgiving god, for though you have rejected Him once, he gives another chance. Lend your hearts and minds to His Divine Message, and join me in singing He is Trampling the Unrighteous With Hooves of Hot Iron!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, trying for my special abilities - I will make mind-slaves of them yet!

(1d20)[7] - Astonishingly Convincing, as much to make them think they know the words and ridiculous melodies/harmonies of the hymn than to actually believe.

(1d20-6)[-5] - Good Public Speaker, again, keeping them rapt.

(1d20-6)[11] - Fanatical Devotion, just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

PirateCaptain

The goblins ignore Algamaer, thinking he is just trying to crack another joke.

((Wow, you technically rolled a 1 for Public Speaking, meaning an Awesome Success happened. Welcome to religious indoctrination....))

The words of the cleric inspire the goblins, even though they have no idea what he is talking about. "Maybe yous is pretty brave." Says one. "I wouldn't mind fightin' with ya in future!" Says another. "Neither would I!" Replied yet another. The goblins slowly agree and began chanting: "August! August! August!" While marching along.

It is not long before you reach the outskirts of the farms. Smoke billows from a small household on fire near the centre of the group of fields that lay before you. A large red object appears to be lying in one of the fields. Upon closer inspection it's the drake and the goblins stop chanting. All except for one. "August! August! August! Aug- OW!" It said as it was slapped round the back of the head by the goblin standing next to him. ""Shu' up stoopid!" It said. Suddenly the drake opens it's wings and throws something in the air. It disappears into the clouds for a second, then comes back into view. You hear a strange sound coming from the object. mmmmmmmmMMMMMMMOOOOO!!!!
    It's clearly a cow hurtling towards you, or rather, the goblins. The cow lands heavily on the abusive goblin, flattening him and the cow in a second, blood and bone spurting out from under the ground. "Did yous see that? August killed him for being mean to his servants! August! August! August!" Began the goblin again, joined by a few others. Wilfred is in took much of a shock at the sight of his land being abused by the drake to say or do anything.

Spoiler
    Show
    The drake is currently lying in a field, not doing much now that it's thrown away it's toy. It hasn't seen you yet, so you could try and sneak up on it, talk to it, attack it, bait it away from the farms or perhaps offer up the goblins for sacrifice.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-20 at 02:04 PM.
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiach decides to put his plan into action. He turns to Kendrick and Bipin. "I have a plan. I need you two to lead the goblins in a chant, when I yell it out. It's Biari Uwn Geth Gethar Elani Rothar. I would hope that some battlechants from the Dragon Wars are remembered. We may be able to scare it away with the threat of high elven warriors. Don't let the goblins charge forward - pretend it's a song or something.

Tiffa, Almagaer; be ready to back me up. We may need to fight after all."

Fiach nods, and Melenwy rides forward, into the dragon's sight. His armor and headband sparkle in the sunlight, and he raises an arm dramatically.

"Foul beast, you truly do not deserve what is coming unto you! You fell upon this town, not knowing that they were close friends of the High Elves! If you do not flee this place immediately, my fellows shall charge forward and hew you with swords of silver, as did the hero Turinil T'atheron son of Hurinil T'atheron to the true dragon Balathazar unto death! Flee now, lest you waste your life attempting to fight the children of Feanoril!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pleasing Wordsmith (+2 due to boasting) (d20)[18] goal: 10.

And I see the opportunity for a damsel in distress situation here, so I'm going to roll for Fey Beauty to see if the drake's enamoured and against Bishuounen to see if it goes for it.

Fey Beauty: (d20)[8] goal: 8. Can I get a +2 on this because it's against Fiach?
    Bishounen: (d20)[17] goal: 3.

Oh dear, I don't think Fiach scared it off, but he did attract its attention. And by attract its attention, I mean got it to notice the beautiful gal yelling something at him. I can't wait to see what's happened when I get back.

Fiach waits for a moment before opening his mouth to yell the High Elven battle cry.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2008-11-21 at 01:38 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

PirateCaptain

((Oh dear, terrible rolls, but at least it thinks you look like an Elf, but that's not going to help much))

The drake turns lazily towards Fiach and snorts. A wave of heat hits Fiach, but he is otherwise unharmed. "I don't believe ya Elf!" It said, over-pronouncing it's vowels. "Why ya standin' there on ya own, shouldn't some king come an' see me if that were ta case? Besides, if ya want ta kill a dragon, go kill ta one that drove me out me 'ome." It said before getting up and moving to another field, ripping out a dirt full of crops on the way and munching down on them.

The following chant initiated by Kendrick, Bipin and the goblins is awfully performed except by Bipin, who sings quite well. Kendrick, on the other hand sings doubtfully between repents to his God and the goblins generally sing terribly. The drake is not impressed or scared of your pretend march and continues shoveling crops into it's mouth while mumbling about it's home being taken over.

Spoiler
    Show
    The drake does not believe you and is not scared by the pretend march. This is mainly a result of your terrible wordsmith roll
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-21 at 02:17 PM.
    I drew this line myself

18. - Top - End - #78

Turning unto the devil-woman, Kendrick calls out,

"Your people have no power over the foul serpent. Let me therefore lead these, my Goblin Flock, unto the cursed wyrm! Join me, oh chosen of your race, and lift your voices high unto His Augustness Truly-Conquer-I-Conqueror-Conquering-Swift-Heavenly-Great-Great-Ears!

The path of the infidel is a nest of thorns,
    And poison-ed vi-ines and briars!
    He shall lead me the safe way round
    And burn the heathen in His pyres.

For though they may re-epent, He shall not be mov'd
    And smi-ite them u-unto dust!
    Anf though he may not destroy me
    I tremble at his righteous might!

May He co-onscri-ipt me fo-or His crusade...

Spoiler
    Show
    OK - if I can get the Goblins singing along, is it possible to, I dunno, convert the drake? That would be so utterly ridiculous, but also fairly awesome.

(1d20-6)[11] - Good Public Speaker, for obvious reasons.

(1d20-6)[1] - Fanatical Devotion, for obvious reasons.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

PirateCaptain

The goblins don't seem to like the idea of singing that particular song very much, the words were too complicated and long. Kendrick's devotion to his God, however, does inspire the goblins to further believe in the powers of his God, but not the drake, who merely glances at you and continues to eat at the crops. You notice the amount of edible crops growing rapidly thin and it will only be a short matter of time before the drake decides you or the goblins look pretty tasty. Of course, it may just kill you for fun. That's drakes for you; total jerks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Only slightly failed the public speaking roll, so nothing bad happens, they just don't sing along to that particular song. I'm not going to allow the converting of the drake, that's a little bit overpowering, still, a fine idea. In fact both ideas at scaring/converting the drake have been pretty inventive to say the least. A bonus modifier of +2 to a future roll of your choice to both of you (Kendrick and Fiach). See, you get rewards for being creative .
    I drew this line myself

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Bipin will continue singing, his voice ringing high and clear, and as the goblins' voices drop out of the chorus one by one, his voice becomes ever more mesmerizing. Bipin continues, the song becoming a soothing lullaby, and he attempts to calm the beast, into a sleep if possible.
    Sublime Music - (1d20-10)[5]
    ((Fech! managed to roll a 15!))
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-21 at 09:14 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

PirateCaptain

Bipin's attempts at a lullaby start off wonderful, words forming into images in the minds of the listeners. Bipin suddenly forgets the words of the lullaby all together and begins singing off key, apparently annoying the drake as it clutches it's ears in disgust. The goblins, and their rude nature, also insult and are generally rude to Bipin and his musical talents. "Stop singin'! It makes me 'ead 'urt!" The drake growled. "I 'ave 'ad enuff of your annoying little ways, so git lost 'fore I 'cide ta hurt ya." The drake is now standing over you, it must be 15 metres tall and twice as wide. You can see from it's eyes and the steam it's puffing out from it's nose that it's annoyed and probably won't tolerate another failed diplomacy-style attempt.
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #82

Agamear, ever keen with his...whatever colored eyes, uses them to seek some sort of weak point on the drake. He then takes another look at his schedule and see if he has any week points to relax.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[10] to find the drakes vulnerability

Perception: to find some down time (1d20-4)[15]

((Forgot the -4 on the first roll, which was a ten))
    Last edited by Otogi; 2008-11-21 at 11:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

PirateCaptain

((Wait, what? I didn't understand what you were trying to achieve with your second roll, were you trying to find somewhere to rest or sometime you think the drake is likely to sleep? Either way, both rolls failed, so it makes little difference))

Studying the drake quickly, Algamaer does not notice any visible weakpoints on it's body or anything in it's posture or manner that would suggest a weakness.
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    ((Wait, what? I didn't understand what you were trying to achieve with your second roll, were you trying to find somewhere to rest or sometime you think the drake is likely to sleep? Either way, both rolls failed, so it makes little difference))

Studying the drake quickly, Algamaer does not notice any visible weakpoints on it's body or anything in it's posture or manner that would suggest a weakness.
    ((No, it just a play on words, you know, weak/week. I was just checking my schedule to see if I have any free days, which, as it turns out, I don't actually know.))

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moving to the front of the group, Tiffa finally decides to take a swing at it.

"Alright, alright. Cut it out guys," she says, waving dismissively at the group. "I'm thinking he doesn't wanna beat around the bush anymore." Turning to the drake, she continues. "So I dunno if you've heard of us, but we're kind of a big deal. We were coming here to slay you and get some treasure from the village. We wouldn't normally be out here, but there hasn't been much action lately, so we took this gig. You know, good way to get some spending cash and kill some time, pardon the pun." Quickly, in response to the deepening scowl she was already expecting from her intro, she continues "But... I'm thinking it doesn't have to go down that way. See, you look pretty strong too. Probably a pretty even match for us, and that's a compliment. I'd love to go toe-to-toe with you, but you mentioned something that intrigued me. A dragon that ran you out of your home? That sucks. So I'm thinking maybe we play our cards right and walk away with everybody profiting. First off, we make a show of "slaying" you for the village, pocket the cash, and leave. Then, we head back to your place and kick some dragon ass. Like I said, you look pretty tough, I bet you could've come pretty close to taking him yourself. And with us along, you'd be set. I mean, my magic alone has toasted plenty of dragons over the years. It's been awhile since we've slayed a dragon, I'll admit, but you know. And on top of us, we've got a horde of little goblin minions and our very own god backing us." She glances over to the goblins, making sure to include a wink while she's facing away to encourage the more hesitant ones. "Go August, right guys?" She turns back, "We've got a bunch more where that came from, its awesome." After a slight pause, "So what do you think? Sound like a plan?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the next step after diplomacy would've been getting our asses handed to us anyway, why take our last shot?

I'm going for a Pushing Boundaries check on the goblins to convince them they wouldn't mind working with the drake, or eventually possibly fighting a dragon. Another check on the drake for thinking he'd be willing to face the dragon that kicked him out again, bolstered as he would be by our stunning might. Then, I'm doing the persuade check on the drake. And to clarify, I in no way intend on actually fighting the dragon, but maybe we can get a better opening to take him out if he thinks we're "staging" it. My Pushing Boundaries is 4, and if successful will make it easier for my Persuade at 6. I'm getting the bragging rights bonus for wizards, too.

Pushing Boundaries (goblins) (1d12)[4]
    Pushing Boundaries (drake) (1d12)[7]
    Persuade (drake) (1d12)[9]
    Last edited by Elrosth; 2008-11-22 at 06:42 PM.
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

26. - Top - End - #86

PirateCaptain

((Why are you rolling d12s? You roll d20s. And by the way, Wilfred is still with you ))
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

((lol sorry, I was doing stuff for my pokethulhu campaign at the same time, and that system is almost the same except it uses d12s. And I know about Wilfred, I figured he'd play along since we've been doing diplomacy, and since I'm blatantly takling about it in front of him like we're gonna trick the town.))

new rolls..
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Aaaand... cause I'm dumb... here's those rolls for a third time...))

(1d20)[19]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[7]

29. - Top - End - #89

PirateCaptain

((Hmmm... you failed the Pushing Boundries on the goblins quite badly, unfortunetly this probably won't go down well for the poor gobos))

The goblins seem disgusted at the idea and begin shouting and arguing their case for killing the drake outright. "It burnt me house!" "It ate my chicken!" "We ain't fightin' no dragon!" They argue. They look about ready to charge at the drake with their knives and claws. Suddenly the charge at the drake stabbing it with their knives and scratching it with their claws. The drake merely yawns at the trival attempt to hurt it. "I suggest ya stand back, I want ta talk to ya after I've dealt wif these pests." Says the drake, seemingly convinced at the prospect that Tiffa has offered up.

Spoiler
    Show
    The drake has an armour of 10 and the goblins weapons/claws only do about 3 or 4 damage, so the drake is unaffected

With that, the drake takes in a mighty breath and roars burning hot fire from it's mouth. You can feel the intense heat from here and feel a small amount of sympathy for the goblins. After a few seconds the drake stops breathing fire and nothing but scorched earth, metal fragments and piles of ash remain of the 30 odd goblins. The drake addresses you: "Ya say ya can kill ta dragon that took me 'ome?" It asks. "Then we 'ave a deal." It extends the smallest claw on a talon for you to shake on it. The claw is still the width of a barrel and a sharp, razor blade nail juts out of the top.

Spoiler
    Show
    You've convinced the drake to go along with your plans, I can only hope you know what you're doing
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-23 at 01:13 PM.
    I drew this line myself

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tiffa shakes the claw. "Alright then. Why don't you give me a chance to talk all this over with my group, and we'll meet up in, say, an hour? We don't wanna hang out and just talk with you, in case someone from the village sees us. Wouldn't wanna blow our ruse for this first part."