New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151

Default Re: The Masque of Dreams

Cut Scene:

Hieronymous is able to subdue the last goblin before it escapes the hall. [Living or dead, your choice Jalor.] Everyone else concentrates on putting out the fires, and within about an hour it is done. One guest died of extreme burns, three others will be in a lot of pain when their insanity ends, but the others are mostly alright. In response to sane-sounding shouting coming from behind one locked door, someone smashes it open to find a young woman coughing and gagging from smoke. Despite her condition, she gets the words "drinks...poisoned!" out.
    Last edited by Tequila Sunrise; 2008-12-12 at 11:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: Dead. At this point interrogating a minion won't help much.

"Well, it's a good thing I don't drink alcohol."

He addresses the party.

"Does anyone know who served the drinks? Is there any left over, that I could analyze?"
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Jalor View Post
    OOC: Dead. At this point interrogating a minion won't help much.

"Well, it's a good thing I don't drink alcohol."

He addresses the party.

"Does anyone know who served the drinks? Is there any left over, that I could analyze?"
    the Gryphonmage waves a wing at one of the minor burn victims. still dripping from the dump of smallbeer over his burning clothing. the liquid dripping from him still. not caring at the moment about the noise outside. . stepping towards the niche with his fiddle. which didn't even have smoke damage. . razing one arm and chittering . calling the psudodragon to his shoulder. as he headed now for the main door. the emergency , for the moment, over.

or was it

Turing his head a moment he watched as one of the effected persons reached for a glass on one of the corner tables. one that had been forgotten. the person. dressed nobly reaching for perhaps the lost glass of wine (or whatever) in the great hall.

with a Roaring caw the mage ran at him. waiving arms and wigs to startle him before he got to the glass

4. - Top - End - #154

Yeah, you can find a half filled goblet or two.

5. - Top - End - #155

Hieronymus begins examining the drinks, looking for traced of poison or magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No clue what skill to use, but (1d20)[16] and just add the modifier.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Jalor View Post
    Hieronymus begins examining the drinks, looking for traced of poison or magic.
    notinig the mage was examininig, not drinking. the gryphon finishes his intercept of the 'nobel'
    starinig into his face with my large roud golden eyes. atempinig to shock him out of the state by beinig stared at by a preditor.

(intimidation?)

(1d20)[19]

7. - Top - End - #157

Hieronymous calls on his experience with herbal remedies, and discovers the traces of some powdered substance in the wine. Unfortunately he has no idea what particular substance it might be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chainge is staring at a delusional guest?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Chainge is staring at a delusional guest?
    yes. please

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

While Hieronymous examines the drink, Rhadrok heals as many of the injured guests as he can. Once he is done, he walks back over to Hieronymous, "Well, can you tell what it is?"

10. - Top - End - #160

The guest pats Chainge on the head and says "what a cute birdie!"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

The guest pats Chainge on the head and says "what a cute birdie!"
    with a shake of his head he turns away. taking a quick look about in case there was yet another emergency. telescopic vison running over even the far walls with quick mm precision. then he turns with a flick of a wing twords the main door. the party was definatly over. And there wasn't anything else keeping the Mage inside.

unless..?

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    While Hieronymous examines the drink, Rhadrok heals as many of the injured guests as he can. Once he is done, he walks back over to Hieronymous, "Well, can you tell what it is?"
    "There's a powder in it of some kind, but I can't tell what. Who was responsible for serving these? Would they have drank them as well?"

13. - Top - End - #163

The woman finally stops coughing uncontrollably, and speaks up. "I saw a pale man pouring something into the wine. When I thought he had left, I started replacing the tainted wine with clean wine, but he returned and then locked me in a closet. You five must have gotten the clean goblets."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

"So Bahamut smiled on us then, most likely so we could deal with these goblins. Very well." Truely noticing the fifth for the first time, he calls out to Chainge, "You there! My apologies for our lack of manners, I am Rhadrok, priest of Bahamut. As we all just barely avoided the fate of the other guests, perhaps you would like to help us rescue them. We captured a goblin last night, at the time not understanding his purpose, though it seems clearer now in hindsight. Hopefully he can lead us to the rest of them."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"So Bahamut smiled on us then, most likely so we could deal with these goblins. Very well." Truely noticing the fifth for the first time, he calls out to Chainge, "You there! My apologies for our lack of manners, I am Rhadrok, priest of Bahamut. As we all just barely avoided the fate of the other guests, perhaps you would like to help us rescue them. We captured a goblin last night, at the time not understanding his purpose, though it seems clearer now in hindsight. Hopefully he can lead us to the rest of them."
    turning. bowing my feathered head slightly. "good evening to you. i am called Change. it is nothing to apologize for good sir. "
    almost glowing gold eyes stared at him from across the room. taking in details hidden to most at half the distance. "though i am unsure how i may be of service. I am willing to help, Sir Rhadrok. i have head good things of your God in my travels. though i am not a worshiper."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Rhadork responds with a chuckle, "I'll not hold that against you. And don't underestimate yourself, you seemed to have no problems with the goblins. What is your vocation?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Rhadork responds with a chuckle, "I'll not hold that against you. And don't underestimate yourself, you seemed to have no problems with the goblins. What is your vocation?"
    shrugs "im a fiddler. at least thats where i get most of what i can eat by."

the psudodragon looked up. seeming to fade into existence on the padded sholder of the gryphonmage's clothing.

a small shrug. "after all. i have to feed yon bottomless pit." chucking and pointing a thumb at the minidrake and winking.

"so i guess the question of what ho do first comes up? wether to track the goblins who left with the queen. Or to get your goblin out of hiding."

18. - Top - End - #168

Retrieving Kidger the goblin from Jard Smith's place shouldn't take more than ten minutes.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

"Let's get our captive first, it won't take long. We'll see if he knows anything about this plan, and if not take him with us as we track this things. If they seem to be leading us to their home in the desert, our captive can take us straight there. Let's get going." Rhadrok leads the way to the blacksmith's place.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, me, corax, and Jalor are still here. Cold is out of the game I take it, and Gnarg still suffering comp issues?

20. - Top - End - #170

You find Jard Smith in his shop, blissfully ignorant of recent events. From the tools strewn about, you guess that he's been working all day. In a corner lies Kidger, weighed down by what appears to be enough iron chains to incarcerate an elephant.

"Back so soon?" Jard asks. "You're not leaving for the desert tonight are you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Haven't heard from Cold or Gnarg, but I'm going to keep Kriv and Bashir on. The adventure is almost through.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

"Unfortunaely, we have bad news. Someone poisoned most the guests with some mind altering potion, and we were the only ones not affected. Most of the rest were kidnapped by a group of goblins. We'll be leaving immediately, following them."

22. - Top - End - #172

Jard unchains Kidger, except for a single neck chain, and bids you good luck. He then leaves to help the remaining party guests.

Into the desert Kidger leads you. The sun burns, the sand stings and the nights freeze your bones, but after nearly three days Kidger finally stops just before the peak of a dune. Peering over the sandy peak into the gloom of twilight, you make out a twenty foot tall pyramid sticking out of the sand. At its base are a large pavilion, a pen filled with ragged party guests and a six foot stone slab. About a dozen goblins guard the pavilion and pen, and patrol the area.

Map

“Many meals for Zargon.” Kidger whispers to you, after he sees the scene.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Change scans. eyes taking in details too small for any other to see.

"zardon? i don't know.."
    shrugs. rustling wings

softly churring before the gryphon points out where the doors and locks and other important bit he can find might be.

"given their spread.. should someone defile the alter first?'

or come around behind the pavilion? taking out that far one and going in though the back of it. to take care of what is inisde first?
    Last edited by corax; 2008-12-21 at 07:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry folks, holidays stuff has kept me busy.

"I think sneaking into the pavilion is our best bet. Hopefully we can prevent the completion of whatever foul ritual they are performing, then we'll free the captured ones." As long as everyone follows, Rhadrok circles around the large area, staying behind whatever dunes are there to hide behind until he gets the point behind the pavillion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check if you want it.
    (1d20-1)[18]

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry folks, holidays stuff has kept me busy.

"I think sneaking into the pavilion is our best bet. Hopefully we can prevent the completion of whatever foul ritual they are performing, then we'll free the captured ones." As long as everyone follows, Rhadrok circles around the large area, staying behind whatever dunes are there to hide behind until he gets the point behind the pavillion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check if you want it.
    (1d20+4)[14]
    follows carefully behinid Reverent-One. eyes wide. watching for everything

Perception
    (1d20+4)[14]

Stealth
    (1d20)[7]

26. - Top - End - #176

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, distracted by holiday stuff. Will resume Monday.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, distracted by holiday stuff. Will resume Monday.
    not at ALL!! enjoy your holiday!

And to all a Good day and night!

28. - Top - End - #178

You think you are about to make it unseen to the pavilion when Kriv steps on the back of Chainge's foot/talon. Caught off balance, Chainge lurches forward which startles his pseudodragon, who squawks angrily. The two nearest goblins stops walking their beats and look directly at the group of heroes. Roll initiative!

Map

Gob8: 6
    Gob9: 6

...and seeing as how I rolled 1s for both goblins, declare your surprise round actions!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

You think you are about to make it unseen to the pavilion when Kriv steps on the back of Chainge's foot/talon. Caught off balance, Chainge lurches forward which startles his pseudodragon, who squawks angrily. The two nearest goblins stops walking their beats and look directly at the group of heroes. Roll initiative!

Map

Gob8: 6
    Gob9: 6

...and seeing as how I rolled 1s for both goblins, declare your surprise round actions!
    Squawks and flaps. immediately crouching and holding out a taloned arm towards te goblin by the pavilion,. unsure weather to shoot the pavalion itself, the slab or the goblin. eyes bright as they dart from one to the next

(what is the slab made of?)

(thinking of maximum interference with any ceremony)

magic missile roll
    [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Last edited by corax; 2008-12-31 at 12:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

The slab is made of stone.